Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you forgive Trixie?

Silverhoof

Should Trixie be forgiven?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Should Trixie be forgiven?

• NO! Amulet or not, she belongs in jail.
    • Yes. I'm willing to overlook multiple violations of law.

Of course not! Sure the amulet may have corrupted her but if she knew what it was do you really think she didn't know that? She put it on knowing it would all go wrong and chose to anyway.

TO PRISON WIT YE TRIXIE!

I'm fine with what she did.

She not only felt penitent about it afterwards, but karma came back to her in the form of a faceplant while she ran away that last time.

And there is always a third option for a poll.

Choice 1. Choice 2. And the the choice to note vote at all.

CURSES! Foiled again!

But wait, (subliminal manipulation mode)You want to click a choice. move the cursor, make a click on the candy red button. You want to do it. You know you do...do it! do it!

I think all has been said already, but I honestly would have forgiven Trixie- but not the crime. Granted, she knew what she was doing the whole time, but at least she thought it over or she wouldn't be asking for an apology (though apologies can be asked forcefully with a sad face and a lying tongue, so you never know). On the other hand she deserves to be locked up for the crimes she committed, because the hop-skip-jump she did at the end of the episode only proves that she's an egomaniac lawbreaker out of control, and I wouldn't doubt she was the same way in other towns before she stepped foot in Ponyville in Season 1. Forgiveness is never easy in these situations, and Twilight was in a tough ordeal in deciding to forgive her, but whether she did forgive her or not, a crime is a crime. You can forgive a crime, but it's never forgotten.

• Brohoof 1

CURSES! Foiled again!

But wait, (subliminal manipulation mode)You want to click a choice. move the cursor, make a click on the candy red button. You want to do it. You know you do...do it! do it!

Could you at least remove the legal-esque language from the options?  Sounds like that's what most people are getting confused by.  We don't know if Equestria has prisons, and Trixie didn't commit "multiple violations of the law".  The poll is biased, as has been pointed out, but even if you feel that it was a crime to put on the amulet, that is one violation of the law, not multiple.

(And the subliminal messaging isn't working, unless it's designed to make us urge cupcakes or someth...damn you!  If the message spreads across the internet soon all cupcakes in the world will be gone!)

• Brohoof 2

Could you at least remove the legal-esque language from the options?  Sounds like that's what most people are getting confused by.  We don't know if Equestria has prisons, and Trixie didn't commit "multiple violations of the law".  The poll is biased, as has been pointed out, but even if you feel that it was a crime to put on the amulet, that is one violation of the law, not multiple.

(And the subliminal messaging isn't working, unless it's designed to make us urge cupcakes or someth...damn you!  If the message spreads across the internet soon all cupcakes in the world will be gone!)

gasp! Change my manipulative masterpiece?

I don't think anyone was fooled by it. and now I'll need to brush up on subliminal mind control. How can I take over the interwebs without decent mind control? Its like sharks with freakin lasers on their heads. Thats all I ask for, how difficult is that?

• Brohoof 1

No. Not at all. If Adolf Hitler was discovered to be wearing an ancient, evil, magical artifact during WWII, would you forgive him for his actions?

Well, there's a fairly significant difference between what Trixie did and, you know, genocide.

And while I'm anything but a fan of Trixie, she couldn't control her actions during the episode. I can understand not forgiving her since she willingly put on an artifact that she didn't fully understand and knew was dangerous, but I can't hold a grudge for what she did with the amulet on (as much as her actions pissed me off). She seems to have the desire to be a better person, she apologized, Sparky forgave her and I suppose that's good enough for me

No. Not at all. If Adolf Hitler was discovered to be wearing an ancient, evil, magical artifact during WWII, would you forgive him for his actions?

If Raiders of the Lost Arc and Captain America: The First Avenger taught us anything, it's that genocidal dictators cannot be trusted with ancient relics of power.

• Brohoof 3

You seriously are not comparing an infamous historical figure to a cartoon whose actions were not even that severe, are you?

That's just weak, to put it simply. Hitler had the drive, ambition, desire, and intelligence to conquer the world. He didn't cheat (relative term) his into power like Trixie did. She merely lashed out at everyone because she was angry. Trixie didn't have the conviction that made Hitler so infamous yet strangely admirable at the same time. That's why she was ultimately lost in a scramble for her own gratification and why everyone else took pity upon her. That is what she really was, in the end: a pitiful mare. Not a clear-cut tyrant who specializes in deception in order to truly terrorize foes.

• Brohoof 3

If Adolf Hitler was proved to have found a evil relic as a child that corrupted him in return for massive charisma I would forgive him. Such Item's do not, to our knowledge exist. We must also look at motive, and side effects of her actions. She was tormented and bullied by AN ENTIRE SOCIETY. The list of mass murderers suffering under the hoof of bullies goes on and on. Furthermore, the torment WILL continue and she WILL remain ostracized though she SHOULD NOT be. The degree to which she was treated after her fiasco in Ponyville shows that society acted in an ignorant manner. The only reason an Ursa was involved was due to the actions of Snips and Snails. Their misunderstanding of such blatant  boasting used to maintain face in a performing career is not forgiven with out compensation. They were made to fix up the damage caused by said Ursa. The Alicorn Amulet should be locked away, if destruction is impossible. But Trixie should be forgiven. If anyone deserves reprimand it is the culture that would go so far to degrade an individual. People see the perpetrators of the columbine massacre as villains where I see them as the expected result. The oppressed are nearly fated to rise, and the more powerful the individual or group you oppress the greater the havoc incurred. Trixie learned what vengeance makes one, but the society at large should learn the cost of oppression. If I wasn't such a coward and so self interested I would have made it a point to systematically eliminate those who had led me near the ending of my own life. Curse you pretentious sods unto oblivion! 

Edited by Snow Shadow

I voted for "No", because I view the corrupting influence of the amulet as something similar to alcohol. Drinking lowers inhibitions, which makes it more likely that you will drink more, and can snowball to the point where you "can't help yourself" from doing things you wouldn't do when sober. That doesn't excuse in the slightest your actions, because you still made the choice to drink. Trixie made the choice to put on the amulet, despite being told it was dangerous, so any consequences should still be laid right at her hooves, corruption or no. Unless one wishes to argue that the amulet started corrupting her before she put it on, in which case, I would have to ask for definite proof of that.

• Brohoof 2

Well, it isn’t totally her fault, she was under the influence of the Alicorn Amulet. I’d make this comparison; say you murdered someone while drunk or high. Maybe you would not have committed the same action while sober, but that does not take away from your action. No matter your intentions what happened happened and she should be properly punished for her actions.

It does beg the question for me why is she so desperate for attention? I wonder what happened to her to make her the way she was.  

• Brohoof 1

Forgiveness and punishment are altogether different things.  One can forgive her, and not have any kind of personal animosity against her.  But that doesn't mean that same person thinks she can get off scott free.

• Brohoof 3

You seriously are not comparing an infamous historical figure to a cartoon whose actions were not even that severe, are you? That's just weak, to put it simply. Hitler had the drive, ambition, desire, and intelligence to conquer the world. He didn't cheat (relative term) his into power like Trixie did. She merely lashed out at everyone because she was angry. Trixie didn't have the conviction that made Hitler so infamous yet strangely admirable at the same time. That's why she was ultimately lost in a scramble for her own gratification and why everyone else took pity upon her. That is what she really was, in the end: a pitiful mare. Not a clear-cut tyrant who specializes in deception in order to truly terrorize foes.

I know that their actions were different, however I'm talking about Hitler's infamous character in history in general, and Trixie's infamous (well, that is a strong term) character in the show, not their actions. I know that their actions were much different. Perhaps Hitler was an extreme example, and I'll be honest, I obviously wasn't thinking too well when I posted my initial post (Thought of an evil person, Hitler came up and I posted *shrugs*). Sorry, perhaps Jafar would've made a better comparison in terms of evilness and actions?

Anyway, she "merely lashed out?" I know she was under the influence of the Amulet (although she should've avoided it in the first place), but after she "banished" Twilight, she practically enslaved everypony and didn't allow them to leave. She made herself the ruler of Ponyville, and It wasn't even Ponyville anymore. Trixie also tried to make Rainbow Dash "writhe in pain." She was completely sadistic in this episode.

Now I suppose since the Amulet provides a lot of additional power, it also adds corruption the same way. However I do not forgive her because she should've avoided the Amulet in the first place. I'm assuming she found out about it through research (it doesn't seem very popular, as it was in a curio shop.) Unless she read the first sentence about it ("It gives power") and then closed the book right away and said "I'm getting that" then she should've seen its corruption factor as well.

Edited by Dusk the Raider
  • Brohoof 1

i dont necessarily think she has bad intentions, just a weak will and a desire to be loved/adored. taking shortcuts to get there seems like part of her personality, so she often has to face the repercussions of such actions. why practice magic for years to get truly good at it when she can just acquire a relic that gets her there without the work? should she be forgiven? absolutely. wanna punish her? send her to magic school and make her tough it out the old fashioned way. who knows, maybe a little hard work will take her down a couple notches.

Nope, nopenopenope.

Trixie has always been my least favourite pony.

She's a huge bitch (pardon my language. <_< ) who's desperate for attention and is too proud for her own good.

Humiliated after Twily defeated you the first time? Good. She spent the entire "Boast Busters" episode trying to prove how amazing she was.

Then she suddenly comes back, challenges Twilight to a duel, defeats her by CHEATING with a basically forbidden amulet, then imprisons the entire town and puts up statues and banners and forces ponies to do what ever she wants?

Nope.

gtfo trixie.

Though it's never explicitly stated, the wording of the poll and the OP seem to imply an unquestioning, unwavering dedication to authority that I don't share, so I'm not voting. As necessary as laws are for an orderly and peaceful society, the letter of the law and the spirit of the law don't always coincide, and nobody should ever allow the laws of any land to define their personal code of ethics. The poll also assumes some knowledge of Ponyville's or Equestria's penal system(s) even though we have none, so this question can't even be answered on the basis of legality.

Trixie's actions brought harm to Ponyville as a whole, but Ponyville is the sum of its citizens. If all of them can find room in their hearts for forgiveness then she has nothing to answer for. Personally, I would have forgiven her too if I was in their place. Retribution is the basis of law, but mercy sometimes teaches a better lesson.

As for the sincerety of her apology, she wasn't forced to do it as far as we can tell. There was nothing to keep her from making the same abrupt exit she did the first time. Twilight was even surprised to see her after the incident was concluded. There's no reason to assume that she was being disingenuous.

Finally, lol at the manifestation of Godwin's Law.

• Brohoof 3

HA HAHA HA HA..Heh...No, I don't think she's one to be sincere. Although I kind of like Trixie, the more I think of it, she one of those people, erm, ponies who apologize without sincerity. I don't think that her apology was meaningful and that she'll eventually come back and do something else. Also, she's my fav villain in the show, I don't want that to change D:

you can forgive but you dont have to trust, she was quick to ask forgiveness but would she ever say she was sorry for her actions......on the flip side should you be the bigger person?