Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jobs and Unemployment

Pr3datorTaco

I say it depends on the person and what job they're working. I'm a college student but I also work two jobs in food service. It's definitely draining some days but overall it’s fun and definitely keeps me on my toes. And... I'm really in need of the money. :adorkable:

I'm unemployed thanks to a lack of job availability, and it's not fun when nobody can pay the bills. Though even if I DID have a job, I doubt the bills would GET paid, because of how f***ing ABSURDLY low the wages you actually get are. :dry: Working your @$$ off so you might be able to, but probably can't, afford to pay for stuff? GREAT! :unamused:

The US in general does such a horrific job of taking care of its poorer citizens who are doing everything they possibly can to get by AND STILL CAN'T... I could get political, but point is having to look forward to a minimum wage job that STILL won't pay any bills is F***ING agonizing and beyond frustrating. I could even go further and talk about jobs with better wages than that, that STILL aren't adequate in the slightest... All so the rich and powerful at the top can have their cake and eat it too while everyone else can't have it let alone eat it... :angry: It's a wonder honestly that more of the country isn't below the poverty line.

Edited by Le Angel Dust

I am under NDA so I cannot talk about what I do.

But being a consultant, doing the jobs no one else can, does bring in the cash to live. And a lot of free time in between jobs, to waste on this forum :P

• Brohoof 1

I started my first job at the age 14 and has always been working since. Not at the same workplace though, I change places over the time. What I’ve learned is..

“meh, work is work.”

I just tried getting one in McDonalds,but they canceled my interview with them since they had install those food ordering kiosk machine >~> is pretty hard to get jobs in SF since is bascially tech jobs hiring only :wacko: