So, I got this RD hoodie...

soullessduck

Ok so recently I got a RD hoodie, and it is pretty intense, it has the mane and ears and wings. Now normally I would have absoluly no problem wearing this, BUT almost everyone in my school either hates or ridicules bronies/pegasisters >:  I only know of three other bronies/pegasisters in the entire school. (granted since I am a freshie, I dont know many juniors or seniors). Now, I have asked my friends and family if I should just go ahead and wear it, and it came to AN EXACT TIE e-o. Sooo I am going to ask you guys for advice :)

To hoodie, or not to hoodie? :?

• Brohoof 1

If you were to wear it be ready to be able to handle criticism.  Its a way of expressing yourself and your love for mlp. My advice? Wear it with pride.   But be ready to love and tolerate haters.

• Brohoof 4

Frankly I wouldn't . I don't know the other kids at your school, so I don't know how much hate or ridicule you'll actually get for wearing it. If I were in your position I wouldn't . But, I am a coward , who will shrink to a puddle of goo if I ever get ridiculed. Frankly it is up to you I can really see 2 sides to this.

LOL! I know alot of seniors and juniors but I am a Sophmore  :blink:  Essentially, UM.. Who gives two shits! Highschoolers are Neanderthals.

I say wear your RD hoodie!!!!! If they dont like it thats their problem! I even got my V-moda Crossfade M-100 headphones with a custom Rd cutiemark on the cans. And powdercoated in bright blue! I do it just to piss Haters Off half the time. You'll get mad brony street cred and any closet bronies will start saying hi to you.  :lol:  ^_^  -_-  B)

• Brohoof 2

It depends on the person you are, if you're the kind of person to take things people say to heart, then I would suggest not wearing it if only for the fact you down know many bronies around. If you're the kind of person to just ignore what people say and brush off insults, and are proud of being a brony, then by all means you should wear it with pride. 

(I would have wrote more, and more detail and stuffs...but I have people talking to me and I cant concentrate D: )

Edited by SeriousNinjaBrony

I personally think you shouldn't unless you are sure no harm will come to you OR your delightfully hoodie. It would break my heart to hear someone did something to the hoodie. Wear it if you can, if not, keep it to yourself and wear it outside of school.

• Brohoof 3

:3 Thanks you guys! I think I will wear it, I didnt think about the fact that other bronies might notice too! xD

I love finding other bronies! x3 I might not wear it with the hood up at first though, dont want to shock them too much xD

Edited by soullessduck
  • Brohoof 4

RD hoodie!?  <_<

If you feel you can take criticism... then yeah, go for it. Haters gonna hate.

Then again, i've never worn any MLP-related clothing at all before....  :huh:

No pictures? What kind of Pony Merchandise thread is this?

Do what you want, but don't do something that you might later regret. If you think you might get tons of shit for it and you're not the type of person who can truly shrug that off and enjoy wearing it anyway, I'd say don't bother. It's in popular culture now, so people are aware of it's existence, so it's probably not going to get weird looks from everyone, just the people who are either haters or who don't approve of it.

Hey! I wore my hoodie today and found 3 bronies i didnt know existed! It was pretty fun! Thanks so much for your comments , I probably would of chickened out otherwise :)

As long as you are happy, then I guess its ok.

Still you can never be too careful of those who would critise you for wearing such a hoodie. But hey, haters gonna hate and all that.

Hey! I wore my hoodie today and found 3 bronies i didnt know existed! It was pretty fun! Thanks so much for your comments , I probably would of chickened out otherwise :)

good to see that it went well! wat'd i tell ya! you get many problems from haters? hopefully not. The only reason i knew you'd find more bronies is the same thing happened when i wore my derpy t-shirt

03a.jpg

That's great to hear. I love it when you end up finding bronies because of your gear. I wore a Derpy hoodie and found a few more bronies on campus as a result.

Remember, the key to wearing brony gear is to stay confident. Don't draw attention to a sense of insecurity (which in itself draws more attention than any piece of clothing ever could, MLP:FiM or otherwise), don't make it seem like it's a big deal.

And if you ever find a hater...just shrug it off. I only encountered one vocal hater in real life so far, who told me to "burn that sweat shirt," I responded with "whatever," and turned and started a conversation with someone else. Haven't heard a peep from him since. A sense of confidence will immediately disarm most haters, I think.

That is super awesome that you got that hoodie. I have gotten to the point to were who cares what people will think or say... If they have a problem with me wearing a pony shirt then that is their own problem... I would say just wear it and ignore anyone who thinks differently. You can't please everyone in this life so wear what you enjoy and screw what others think! And props to anyone who compliments your shirt I know I would if I saw someone wearing a pony shirt in public even If I wasn't wearing anything pony related at the time!