Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't like season 3

Dipper Pines

I actually don't like season 3 as much as i would have, When it came out and i watched it i started to realize that in the later season 3 episodes it felt to fan based. I don't like it when people base things on their fans or other stuff such as that.

all my friends except one tell me i am stupid and that season is better than 1 and 2! but i don't like season 3, IT'S JUST TO FAN BASED!

Opinions opinions everywhere, and not a drop of care.

You can have your own opinion all you want. No one can tell you you're wrong for it or anything.

If you do, you're just being hypocritical.

Like what you will.

>Hasn't watched ponies at all since march.

• Brohoof 6

Opinions opinions everywhere, and not a drop of care.

You can have your own opinion all you want. No one can tell you you're wrong for it or anything.

If you do, you're just being hypocritical.

Like what you will.

>Hasn't watched ponies at all since march.

I am not trying to be mean i am just sharing my opinion with the other people who use this forum. I know what your getting at and stuff like that but i think that but i didn't mean it like "SEASON 3 SUCKS" i am just saying i don't like it

Perhaps. This fandom is kind of split between whether or not this season counts as fanservice. I think that they're paying attention to the fans, but not following them completely. For example, Wonderbolt Academy didn't really have much fanservice in it. Sleepless in Ponyville was fantastic, even if they obviously listened to the fans. Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash work really well together, and I like it better than the idol/fan relationship.

• Brohoof 9

yeah i see what you mean however the only ep that seemed like fan pardoning for me was Magic Dual but that was planed for season 1 before.

it would be allot worse if the show was too fan based with its content there still understanding about the true intended audience (it's a show for little girls after all)

but meh it a good season so far but i thing I've only seem each episode 3 times and one of those was so that i could get some things to vector trace 

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

Hey it's your opinion, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  I for one love season 3.   However I will say, your friends aren't really being good friends if they can't let you have your own opinion.  

• Brohoof 3

I dont see the too fan-based part I mean give examples if your talking about the Scootaloo episode she was the only cmc without her own episode.

Rainbow dash going to a wonderbolt training thing...

Scootaloo and Rainbow dash.

Too many pinkie pies.

Yup i would have to say. that a lot of fan base they got there

Assuming the show is copying off the fans. I could go into a huge argument about how it's not so much the show taking ideas from the fanbase, as it is the show has been progressing by itself, and the over-active fanbase is simply very intelligent on guessing what themes will show up in future episodes.

But, I have no interest in doing so here, as I've almost done elsewhere :o You're entitled to your opinion.

• Brohoof 6

Well, that's just like, your opinion man.  

I personally love Season 3, but that's my opinion.  

As long as you gave it a shot, I can't say much else about it.  

And i definitely gave it a shot. I liked the first and second episode its just when they starting going into other other episodes i feel that hasbro is just ripping ideas from bronys hard work they put into such as Fan-Fics and stuff like that

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow dash going to a wonderbolt training thing...

Scootaloo and Rainbow dash.

Too many pinkie pies.

Yup i would have to say. that a lot of fan base they got there

Well rd wonderbolt thing maybe but shes been talking about wonderbolts for 2 seasons scootaloo and rainbow dash scoot has said before she thinks rd is awesome and what about too many pinkie pies? It was just a pinkie episode all mane 6 get their own episodes

• Brohoof 2

Assuming the show is copying off the fans. I could go into a huge argument about how it's not so much the show taking ideas from the fanbase, as it is the show has been progressing by itself, and the over-active fanbase is simply very intelligent on guessing what themes will show up in future episodes.

But, I have no interest in doing so here, as I've almost done elsewhere :o You're entitled to your opinion.

I don't want to start an argument, i just wanted to state my opinion on season three i am sorry i don't want this to get out of hand!

Sorry i didn't mean to start this mess!  -_-

And i definitely gave it a shot. I liked the first and second episode its just when they starting going into other other episodes i feel that hasbro is just ripping ideas from bronys hard work they put into such as Fan-Fics and stuff like that

I must agree with Discord. The fans have predicted what is going to happen, and it did. They may have taken a little bit, but I highly doubt Hasbro has taken the tine and energy to read fanfics. They're too corporate for that.

• Brohoof 2

I dont see the too fan-based part I mean give examples if your talking about the Scootaloo episode she was the only cmc without her own episode.

yes there is a lot of fan service in the show and I've been noticing it, the question is, Is fan-service good for the show?

let me put you a few examples:

> Scootaloo had her own episode, and on top of that more Luna (Luna is favorite in the fandom, every 0.5 seconds of her is HIGHLY appreciated)

> they are fueling shippings to no extent, the most noticeable, RariJack and PinkieDash. (good? or bad?)

> They will bring Discord for season finale (John De Lancie, Discord's voice, is like God in the fandom, Tara, Lauren and John are top 3 in the fandom)

> Applejack has A LOT more of screen time (I don't know if Clarity threatened them with murdering their families XD ...but they are adding more time of Applejack, something never seen before, and they made a song for her)

> Trixie's back (nuff said)

> And more references and cameos of other shows and pop culture.

This is show has TON of fan service as you can see.

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 3

That's just like your opinion ma-

DANG IT 

I personally love season 3, I love it when Hasbro interacts with the fanbase. The episodes are pretty darn swell. The only episodes that I think are fan based are Magic Duel and the up-coming Stay Calm and Flutter On.

But, hey, that's my opinion. We are all entitled to our opinion: personally I think Season Two was the best.

Edit: Is it possible to get quadrupled-ninja'd?

Edited by DJ Shift
  • Brohoof 1

I don't want to start an argument, i just wanted to state my opinion on season three i am sorry i don't want this to get out of hand!

I don't find this as a mess, and I don't oppose you. I just enjoy thoughtful discussions. It's one of the reasons this fandom is great: arguments that don't have to be internet arguments.

just in case I dont want to come off as mad I'm just talking sorry if I did come off as angry or something else along the lines of that 

• Brohoof 1

That's just like your opinion ma-

DANG IT 

I personally love season 3, I love it when Hasbro interacts with the fanbase. The episodes are pretty darn swell. The only episodes that I think are fan based are Magic Duel and the up-coming Stay Calm and Flutter On.

But, hey, that's my opinion. We are all entitled to our opinion: personally I think Season Two was the best.

Edit: Is it possible to get quadrupled-ninja'd?

I know what you mean but i really don't like the fan based thing just me and crazy misty love the other episodes. but i guess Hasbro is running out of ideas and stuff like that. Poor Hasbro

I just realized Has-BRO Has is a bro xD

--->IMO<--- A show like this can be completely fan based and still be wonderful, that just how it seems to be, not like a anime that switches from the manga story for its fans.

The scootscoot ep was coming down the line from the moment we seen scoots, shes a huge fan of Rainbow, the other two members of the CmC have big sisters, and scoots didn't...that --->IMO<--- is no way at all Fan service, just Progressing on something they had already set up from the go.

The Wonderbolts ep was without a doubt coming down the line, that's just a givin', no need to say Imo on that one, its been a big thing, so i don't see a reason why not have her join the academy in a ep, a more fan service thing would have been to have her join the super awesome main wonderbolt group without any training or something, that would have been more fan service to me.

The pinkie pie ep.....i really don't know what to say about that one, maybe fan service, maybe not idc it was awesome.

• Brohoof 2

Hey don't forget Rule 63, you know, the Twilight episode :333

Guys, it's just opinions let 'em be, it's not like it's hurting any one :P

Oh god so much fan based things i just want to jump in the air and fire a rocket that will explode into tiny bananas and the bananas with become evil and take over THE WORLD D:

Oh god so much fan based things i just want to jump in the air and fire a rocket that will explode into tiny bananas and the bananas with become evil and take over THE WORLD D:

Now thats some randoms shniz right there, like dear goodness of all the thing you could possibly say...WHY WOULD YOU....hold on.....i see a penny.....anyway where was i?....ah right the twilight ep, I'm assuming you mean the magic duel? i was just happy to see zebra face again.

I know what you mean but i really don't like the fan based thing just me and crazy misty love the other episodes. but i guess Hasbro is running out of ideas and stuff like that. Poor Hasbro

I just realized Has-BRO Has is a bro xD

You know Crazy Misty? Irl? Awesome. I reminded myself he's coming back in like 2 days

I can't blame Hasbro for coming out of ideas. They should really try a derpy episode. But Hasbro logic:

Derpy is offending people? CENSOR

Fluttershy stuck in abusive relashionship? Buck you.

.-.

• Brohoof 1

Sounds fun actually :V

you're friends with Misty, rait? he linked me here xD

It's obvious this season is fanbased, have you seen the sypnosis of episode 10? but I'm not really bothered by it :3