Do you think Rarity has been lacking screen time lately?

Le Kvlt Dawn

Rarity is my second favorite pony, (behind Rainbow Dash). Lately I think she hasn't been getting the attention and screen time she deserves. It's like they just decided to leave her out.  :( I just want her to have her own episode. Maybe season 4 will have more Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

She's getting a ton more screentime that Fluttershy has gotten this season Fluttershy has had an appearance in most of the episodes this season. Fluttershy? Not at all.

• Brohoof 1

ezgif-2-b94ab321a5f6.gif.93cf1fcecd06e4273f8ea7a74cb185ff.gif 

I tend to take the high road, get stoned, and fly low . . .

Yes, that's because Rarity and Fluttershy got TONS of screentime last season. Now there's only room for thirteen episodes, so we ought to give the ones that are lacking screentime some chance. She'll get her chance next season. 

As for Fluttershy, she's getting an episode after this one. 

Also, Rarity pretty much played major roles in all of the episodes so far. 

• Brohoof 3

She's getting a ton more screentime that Fluttershy has gotten this season Fluttershy has had an appearance in most of the episodes this season. Fluttershy? Not at all.

Maybe, but at least Fluttershy will get her own episode. There's an up coming episode called "Keep Calm and Flutter On" which is most likely about Fluttershy.

She isn't scheduled to get an episode this season, at least not yet.  Hell, even Spike's going to get more time than her this year.  I agree with you wholeheartedly, she has been lacking this season.  

Rarity needs some love.  

post-8990-0-72363600-1356742854_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

#1 Asuka fanboy.  

Signature created by Thunder Bolt.

Former names:   Dash Is Best Pony, TrixieLover97, and Twilightlicious 666

I kind of agree with you (especially in regards to favourite pony). In general though, Rarity's always been a little messy (ironically) in terms of screen time. She had no episodes to herself in the first half of Season 1, but did get much more screen time in the second half of the season. Season 2, I'm not sure - I think she got her fair share of prominence in episodes overall, although it did seem to wane slightly after Hearth's Warming Eve (but picked up again with Putting Your Hoof Down). Going by this pattern, Rarity may get more prominence in the last five episodes.

She has, however, become the target of Rainbow Dash's belittling this season (The Crystal Empire and Sleepless in Ponyville). In other episodes this season, she has been somewhat sidelined though.

Who do we want? Rarity! When do we want her? NOW, DARLING!

Yeah, seeing as she had Sweet and Elite and Secret to My Excess last season, she's taken a backseat this season. It sucks but I'm not too upset. She steals any episode she does appear in.

• Brohoof 1

ICeIx2X.jpg
MLP Forums' resident timelord, sports dilettante, and purveyor of wit and humor
~*Traveling Timelord Nonpareil*~

She's had some pretty good supporting appearances this season, and as others have pointed out, due to the fact that she had quite a few episodes last season, factored in with the shortened season, it kinda makes sense that she doesn't get an episode.  The only reason I even question the wisdom of this decision at all is because Spike is getting another episode towards the end of the season, and considering he's getting one tomorrow, I was just a little surprised that Studio B felt that another Spike episode was called for more than a Rarity episode.  Still, she dominates scenes far better than quiet Fluttershy does when either are supporting characters, so Fluttershy getting an episode but Rarity not getting one does actually make sense to me.  Overall, I'm not too disappointed, and I'm sure she'll get at least one episode next season.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Well, all the characters are getting screen time, she'll be getting her own episode this season, just cause she's the last one doesn't mean she's being left out ^.^

lel.png

:3

Yeah she had a very prosperous season 2 so one can only assume it will be a little more backseat this season.  Though it may be the last episode we see an episode for her, it will be worth it.  Overall she has had a very good run as a supporting character.

Edited by Dusty Soul

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

What?

I do agree that Rarity it seems has kind of been forgotten. Hopefully she'll have some more at least minor roles in next 5 episodes to come.

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

I honestly don't mind if she didn't get an episode this season despite her being my second favorite pony, because tbf I saw her as the true star of season 2

That said I still highly doubt that she'll be left out of an episode

I am kind of upset that she might not get an episode this season. I am also upset that they are probably going to give her disproportionate focus next season in order to make up for this. They seem to be trying to do this with Applejack and Spike at present (to be fair, they kind of needed it). I hope that next season is longer than thirteen episodes so that they can have plenty of focus for everyone's favorite characters. Just think of it, if we could have 26 episodes, multiple episodes for every character...

Of course season four will have a mane! That's just how awesome it will be! Apparently it will also be female, although with this show it figures.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I don't think it's that hard to keep balance between all ponies. 26 episodes per season minus 2 for the 2-parter equals 24. 24 divided by 6 for the Main 6 is 4. Each pony gets four episodes, and the staff could take away from each pony for finales, Spike episodes, background character episodes, or episodes featuring all of the Mane 6. Honestly, a first grader could balance this out. :P

Hey you! Hey! Do you have Flash? Wanna animate ponies?

HERE'S A THING I DID A LONG TIME AGO!

Pony Puppets for any version of Flash!

:squee:

Like many others have said, Rarity has certainly got a nice supporting role so far....and mainly just comic reliefs as well. There's still a couple episodes that haven't been revealed yet, so there's still a chance for a Rarity episode. But I DO believe that they are balancing the screentime as much as they can as well from previous seasons, especially because this is just a 13 episode season. But I'm not that worried and what Rarity has appeared so far, was greatly enjoyable. And I'm speaking as a Rarity fan here, by the way. ^_^ I'm not gonna go crazy if she doesn't appear a lot more in the episodes that are left.

• Brohoof 1

This.

Rarity was in all of Sleepless in Ponyville, in the several episodes this season that had all the mane Six playing a part *Crystal Empire, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike at your Service*, and she's had several other cameos in other episodes like Wonderbolt Academy.

Maybe your subconscious is telling you that she has a lack of screen time, when in reality, it's just the fact that she hasn't had an episode yet this season :3

• Brohoof 1

fSnYzne.png

I feel like Rarity is getting plenty of screen time. She has shown up in almost every episode this season. True, she not done much and has no episode, but she's still there. 

If u ask me Fluttershy has gotten barley any screen time. 

img-1202916-1-9nQUab7.png

Made by Gone ϟ Airbourne

I still think she will get an episode this season, because I'm kind of doubting there will be a two-parter ending this season.

Direct to DVD movie however.... :P 

She's had some awesome moments. At least to me, the funniest part of yesterday's episode was Rarity trying to show Applejack how to be a damsel in distress. She got several scenes in Crystal Empire and Sleepless in Ponyville. This isn't enough though.  -_-

• Brohoof 2

n1eS6.gif

• 2 years later...