Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Musicians Gear.

Concord

Hello!

Me, myself, being a music gear junkie/maniac, i love to see what kind of gear or programs, do other musicians use to express themselves and create music. So i decided to make this thread, so people can share their rigs/gears/instruments/amps/keyboards/programs/studios/mixing tables and so on...

So if you're interested in music, or play an instrument, you can post your gear hear :P

I think it's going to be a fun little thread, and i hope that knowing what others have, will help some people to improve their collection of instruments or programs :P

Well, I generally don't OWN any equipment, but at school, for my broadcasting class, I use GarageBand for Mac. And since I can't really say this is gear, I'm a percussionist, and well, I can't record anything on a marimba.

I own 4 amps;

A Fender SP-10

A Fender Champion DSP 30

A Crate GTD15R

A  peavey 6505 plus 112

8 guitars

Fender Strat

1964 Gibson es 330

Ovation iDea

Epiphone g-400 

3 Yamaha acoustic guitars (Not sure of the make)

Other String Instrument

A violin

Two Baby Grands

One is a Kurzweil

Not sure about the other one

Software

Guitar Pro 6

(Not really that into the software)

Digitech Rp355

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

I run a very minimalist setup. I'm not exactly a well-off guy, so a lot of my gear's pretty budget.

Intruments:

Schecter C1+ electric guitar (EMG 81 bridge, EMG 85 neck)

Ibanez SGE220-CS acoustic-electric guitar

Squier P-Bass

Hardware/Controllers:

Line 6 POD Studio UX1 USB audio interface

Akai Pro MPK Mini MIDI controller

Commercial Software and Virtual Instruments:

FL Studio 10 Signature Bundle

POD Farm 2

Miroslav Philharmonik Classik Edition

Other gear:

Shure SM58 microphone

Audio-Technica ATH-M45 studio monitoring headphones

Random assortment of mic stands, guitar stands, pop filters, cables

• Brohoof 2

Here's a List so far:

Software:

FL Studio 10

Sonar X1

Reason 5

Controllers:

Numark Mixtrack pro

Akai lpd 8

Midi Keyboards:

Casio Wk-210

Akai Lpk25

VST Instruments:

IL Sytrus

IL Harmor

Maxx Toxic Biohazard

Maxx Morphine

3Xosc

IL SliceX

IL Harmless

refx Vanguard

Cakewalk rapture

Acoustic Instruments:

Yamaha 621S Bb tuba (rented)

Yamaha 881 Xeno Trombone (rented)

Lumber LE Acoustic Guitar

Speakers/Headphones:

Logicool LS21 Speaker System

Audio Technica M-50

Pioneer HDJ-500

Wesc Bass

Wesc Bongos

• Brohoof 2

Ops, forgot to post my gear. here it is:

Amps:

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 Head + Bugera 4x12 Cabinet.

ENGL Sovereign 100 (Snake skin! Combo, Vintage with 2x10 speakers)

Microlab speakers for backing tracks.

Guitars:

"Vintage" Les paul (Heavily Hot roded, Every component has already been changed :P Seymour Duncan Distortion Humbucker in the bridge)

Custom Telecaster (Sounds very unique, wouldn't trade it for a fender Telecaster)

ES style guitar from the 80's

Pedals:

MXR Analog Chorus

Redson Flanger 12 from the 80's

ENGL Custom Footswitch

Monacor FS-60A Foot switch

Programs:

Spark Drum machine.

Guitar pro 6

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 1

A Kawai upright piano, damn great. Better than some Yamaha grands in my opinion. Not sure about the model.

And some crappy yamaha keyboard that I haven't used for years.

I got quite a bit

Software

Finale Printmusic 2010

Finale Printmusic 2011

Finale Notepad 2012

Keyboard

Yamaha DGX-230

Guitar

Epiphone SG Special

Pedals

Boss RT-20 Leslie Speaker Pedal

M-Gear Sustainer Pedal

Amp

Line 6 Spider IV 75-Watt

This is one of the best amps out there. With over 250 presets, 18 different effects and seven different levels of distortion, this amp saves me much and I don't have to have a pedalboard that takes up space.

Piano

Schomer and Co. Upright

Edited by Thunder-Dash

So nobody's likely to have any clue what I'm talking about, but that's fine because I don't have any clue what all of those guitars/amps mean, either. =P

Bassoon - Fox Renard 222 With High D-Key

Tenor Saxophone - Yamaha YTS-475

Clarinet - Accent something

Flute - Armstrong something

Trumpet - Bach Stradivarius and then a basic Yamaha one.

Keyboard - Yamaha something (it's a pretty fancy one, though)

• Brohoof 3

So nobody's likely to have any clue what I'm talking about, but that's fine because I don't have any clue what all of those guitars/amps mean, either. =P

Bassoon - Fox Renard 222 With High D-Key

Tenor Saxophone - Yamaha YTS-475

Clarinet - Accent something

Flute - Armstrong something

Trumpet - Bach Stradivarius and then a basic Yamaha one.

Keyboard - Yamaha something (it's a pretty fancy one, though)

Oh great, another classical musician. Never thought I could find them here, everyone seems to like just dubstep etc.

btw F*** woodwinds, brass in classical is 20% more epic :D For instance, in Ashkenazy's orchestration of Pictures at an Exhibition (Especially Catacombs)

I really like woodwinds. I was just joking.. or was I? I don't even know myself.

Goddamnit

• Brohoof 1

My brother's RZK is my only and favorite guitar... I love it, play nothing but Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins on it :D I rarely play it, but I just happened to have this picture here :)

esp_rzk_1_burnt_by_krztoff-d3elnpf.jpg

But my overall favorites are my drums, I'm mostly a drummer haha :D

vo24hs.jpg

Edited by Sarajevo
  • Brohoof 1

btw F*** woodwinds, brass in classical is 20% more epic :D For instance, in Ashkenazy's orchestration of Pictures at an Exhibition (Especially Catacombs)

I really like woodwinds. I was just joking.. or was I? I don't even know myself.

Your comment nearly gave me cancer. Don't hate on woodwinds...

----

Anyway, i play on a buffet R13 Bb clarinet =3 its my baby, she's named Belle (no joke, everyone I know names their instrument)

and then my piano is a yamaha ypg-625 model :)

Edited by crazitaco

I recently acquired a hammered dulcimer. Which I quite enjoy playing.

I also have an upright Yamaha Piano that is about as old as I am (16 years) and them keys are still shiny.

And I do make electronic music on my computer, I use FL studio for that.

And now I have a question for other people who use FL Studio. Do you have massive. Do you think it is worth buying. and how much Did you pay for it ?

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

Being both a electronic music musician and a regular musician, I don't really have much of a set-up, but I've got plenty of gear! I left out all the microphones and the gear I hardly use anymore.

BC37Y.jpg

So going from left to right:

- The acoustic guitar is a 43-year old Aria, my stepdad used it when he played in a band. For the years I've been using it I've never replaced the strings, I clean 'm every 2 days and they feel like as if they were new!

- The white guitar is a Cimar, I have no idea what Cimar, the pickups are also a mystery to me. Strings are from GHS, they're 9s.

- The Amp is a Golden Ton tube amplifier.

- My favorite guitar on the right is the LTD EC-50 with 2 ESP pickups and the strings are GHS 12s.

- In the middle we've got Cherub's nuX-07 Multi-Effect Pedal, it works magic with my guitar and I've never been happier with a pedal!

- Finally we've got the keyboard, which is a Yamaha EZ-200.

Yeah, I've got lots of Chinese and Japanese gear.

And in another room we've got my Roland TD-20X, which I record my drums on.

4KhL7.jpg

For software I use FL Studio, Guitar Pro 6 and Audacity. 

I recently acquired a hammered dulcimer. Which I quite enjoy playing.

I also have an upright Yamaha Piano that is about as old as I am (16 years) and them keys are still shiny.

And I do make electronic music on my computer, I use FL studio for that.

And now I have a question for other people who use FL Studio. Do you have massive. Do you think it is worth buying. and how much Did you pay for it ?

Definitely! Massive is really great! I payed 180 euro's for it and it's definitely worth the money! The amount of things ya can do with Massive is immense! Never have I been surprised so much as with Massive. I say, just check out some reviews.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 1

Oh great, another classical musician. Never thought I could find them here, everyone seems to like just dubstep etc.

Goddamnit

Hey now, none of this brass vs, woodwinds nonsense... Well, I do like the phrase "woodwinds kick brass", but seriously... We've got to stick together as our instruments get the shaft by society. I'm an appreciator of all wind instruments (Well not all that have ever been created, but you know what I mean), and I appreciate it when they are used by modern day bands and artists... Even if all they use is brass (although that's kind of rare... Trumpet, trombone, and saxophone is the common combination, which means both brass and woodwind). I may not have any interest in playing any brass instruments (anymore, that is), but I do appreciate listening to them.