Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Christan and proud boi!.... Now to think of something to fill in the 100 maximum thing.... emrmermemrmermemrmemremrmerm. IDEA!. bleh -3-... I win :D.

I've been visited by about 5 JW's in 3 months. One had me shake his hand and it took all my might to stay in contact because my hand was literally BURNING (no offense to any of them).

Jehoovaah's witnesses tend to be pretty nice people. Often times elders (their equivalent of a preacher) can be pretty hypocritical, though.

It's best not to keep in contact with them. They say they want to study the bible, but they really are just trying to convert you. It's mostly set up to convert disillusioned Christians with the offer of regular bible study/discussions. You can't actually convince them to change their minds or have a two way discussion. They're taught why to say and stick to it.

Jehoovaah's witnesses tend to be pretty nice people. Often times elders (their equivalent of a preacher) can be pretty hypocritical, though. It's best not to keep in contact with them. They say they want to study the bible, but they really are just trying to convert you. It's mostly set up to convert disillusioned Christians with the offer of regular bible study/discussions. You can't actually convince them to change their minds or have a two way discussion. They're taught why to say and stick to it.

Scary stuff!

I don't doubt the same sort of things happen in Christian communities as well. It is truly very disheartening to see innocent yet somewhat ignorant people become corrupted like that.

I respect others' faiths, as long as no one tries to convert me to something else, because I know that will involve a bunch of things like "you've gotta change this, you can't do that, this has to go..." If God's love involves so many conditions, it's not really love, now is it?

Well you see, I believe that God's love is unconditional. It's being saved that has conditions, but God will still love you whether you are saved or not. God has given us free will and will not force us either way.

It's very unfortunate that there is a lot of hypocrisy among people who say they are Christians, and then even among Christians themselves.

To quote Jesus:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." Matthew 23:27-28 (NKJV)

And after everything that's happened to me over the course of my life, I can't really see why any God would allow so much hate to exist in this world.

That's certainly a good question.

I believe that God chose to give people free will, and thus the capability to do evil. He gave us the choice to follow Him or to live our lives as we saw fit. And, as it turned out, most people prefer doing it their way, being unable to see the big picture and God's great plan.

Our God is perfect, holy, and righteous. When we go against his perfect will, we are committing the universal definition of ultimate sin. By His ultimately just nature, He had to give us the punishment for our actions, which is eternal death.

Still, God chose not to just wipe us all out and start again. He chose to instead give us a second chance, another opportunity to do His will.

God did this by sending His Son to Earth in human form. We welcomed Him by crucifying Him on a cross. But, through that sacrifice, Jesus took on the blame for all of our crime onto Himself. Jesus is perfect, like His Father, and that made Him the ultimate and perfect sacrifice. Jesus took the death punishment in place of every human being that ever had lived, or ever will live.

Even death could not hold Jesus, though, and He rose again on the third day after His death and eventually ascended back to heaven.

From the Bible we learn that:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 (NKJV)

We no longer have to deal with the consequences, because Jesus already did. But, it requires us accepting the gift. As I said before, we have free will, and God will not force us to be forever free from death and sin.

At the end of days, God will judge every person who ever lived. Those who chose to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for them, have been made righteous in God's eyes. When God looks on them, He sees His Son. They enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Those who refused to accept the gift are still unrighteous in God's eyes, and face an eternal separation from Him, an eternal death.

In the meantime, God is still giving us the free will to accept or refuse, to follow Him or to go against Him.

That is why God allows hate in this world. Free will.

• Brohoof 8

That's certainly a good question.

I believe that God chose to give people free will, and thus the capability to do evil. He gave us the choice to follow Him or to live our lives as we saw fit. And, as it turned out, most people prefer doing it their way, being unable to see the big picture and God's great plan.

Our God is perfect, holy, and righteous. When we go against his perfect will, we are committing the universal definition of ultimate sin. By His ultimately just nature, He had to give us the punishment for our actions, which is eternal death.

Still, God chose not to just wipe us all out and start again. He chose to instead give us a second chance, another opportunity to do His will.

God did this by sending His Son to Earth in human form. We welcomed Him by crucifying Him on a cross. But, through that sacrifice, Jesus took on the blame for all of our crime onto Himself. Jesus is perfect, like His Father, and that made Him the ultimate and perfect sacrifice. Jesus took the death punishment in place of every human being that ever had lived, or ever will live.

Even death could not hold Jesus, though, and He rose again on the third day after His death and eventually ascended back to heaven.

From the Bible we learn that:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 (NKJV)

We no longer have to deal with the consequences, because Jesus already did. But, it requires us accepting the gift. As I said before, we have free will, and God will not force us to be forever free from death and sin.

At the end of days, God will judge every person who ever lived. Those who chose to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for them, have been made righteous in God's eyes. When God looks on them, He sees His Son. They enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Those who refused to accept the gift are still unrighteous in God's eyes, and face an eternal separation from Him, an eternal death.

In the meantime, God is still giving us the free will to accept or refuse, to follow Him or to go against Him.

That is why God allows hate in this world. Free will.

Bravo_Bravo.gif

You didn't offend! Jehovah's Witnesses definitely are an odd breed and are really not an accurate representation of how most Christians believe. They're really victims of a cult, IMO.

As for birthdays, they usually cite Mark 6:14-29, saying that one of the few instances in the bible where birthdays are mentioned, John the Baptist was beheaded as a gift to King Herod. I don't know if it's true, but they also say that birthdays were not celebrated by early Jews. So overall, they believe that more birthdays would have been mentioned in the bible and in more favorable ways, if Jehovah (God) approved of them. This is the kind of logic that is used for many of their beliefs.

A kind of mantra that was popular in my old congregation was "Jehovah asks so little of us". I never understood what they meant by that.

They discourage sending your children to college because they'd be exposed to "worldly ideas and worldy people". This is a relatively new thing they're spreading around (Jehovah's witnesses have their origin in a university bible study group) and it makes me more angry than most of their ideas.

34366145.jpg

Thank you, SpongeBob. Addressing the birthday issue, that's like saying, "Well, the early Jews didn't use flush toilets, so all of us must now use clay pots! Huzzah!" As for "worldly people", we're supposed to be "in the world, but not of the world". If we can't communicate to non-believers and find a middle ground, how are we supposed to convert them? If both of us are talking and neither of us understand each other, why would we continue the conversation? It's a pretty poor excuse to watch more Big Bang Theory, but still. You need to stay updated on culture/politics/etc.

I had no idea the JW's had so many rules. Thank you, now I have more to talk about the next time they come to my door. <3

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was born and raised a Baptist, though if im really honest with myself I dont consider myself to be part of any one religion.  I believe in christ of course but I dont think there is any one true faith in the world today and that they are all diffrent variations of a greater truth.

Also I feel I should point out that I view christmas to be a secular holiday, if you look into it you find that it has very little to do with Jesus.

Edited by H3lios

(edited)

Christ is my savior, although some of my best friends are Atheist. I will admit though that I don't read the bible or go to church, not often anyway, I just believe. And to be honest the Bible scares me sometimes with all of it's prophecies and omens. But then again, the second coming's supposed to be a good thing right? So I shouldn't be dreading it.

Edited by Mzukiller
  • Brohoof 1

Christ is my savior, although some of my best friends are Atheist. I will admit though that I don't read the bible or go to church, not often anyway, I just believe. And to be honest the Bible scares me sometimes with all of it's prophecies and omens. But then again, the second coming's supposed to be a good thing right? So I shouldn't be dreading it.

Perhaps there is a good reason why you are. Things are not always... as they seem. There could be more than meets the eye and under the surface that needs to be addressed. :)

Several points -

It's probably different with Jehova's Witnesses. TBH, I really have no idea how that religion works. I have a lot of Catholic friends, and even though I love them dearly I confess I'm bewildered why they feel they have to do all the ceremonial Latin, confessionals, etc. I probably sound really narrow minded right now, but it's the truth. ^^ So long as you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins, rose again on the third day, and continues to live on today, then you're a Christian. You don't need any more then that. I can enjoy mindless children's cartoons and books about schools of wizardry to my hearts content, because I know those simple facts. <3

I can explain a little bit about your Catholic point to shed some understanding on the subject.

All of the "extra" things that Catholics do are our way of showing our love and devotion to God. You can confess your sins to God alone, but we believe that Confession (or Reconciliation) is something called a Sacrament. A Sacrament is something that looks human or physical on the outside, but it is a practice that is filled with the Holy Spirit. God Himself becomes present in us when we receive the Sacrament. The Catholic Church celebrates 7 Sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and Matrimony. If you wanna know what each of them are, you can Google them on your own time. :)

The problem with modern-day Catholicism is that it is so culturally ingrained in us as just being a part of our family traditions - many of them don't even go to Mass every Sunday even though they are supposed to. If their church closes, they don't bother to find another one. They go to Mass because that is just what they do as a family, much like going to Grandma's for brunch on Sundays. The problem is that many Catholics do not go to Mass to worship the Lord. Many Catholics do not pray in their own time. Many Catholics do not go to the Lord when they need to make decisions, or when things are good, or when things are bad. They go because it is part of family tradition.

And that is not right. We need to go to Mass because Jesus is present at Mass. We need to go to Mass because God can touch our lives, and we can continually dedicate ourselves to Him when we receive Him in the Eucharist.

If anything else about Catholicism baffles you, I can answer most questions. :)

I will admit though that I don't read the bible or go to church, not often anyway, I just believe. And to be honest the Bible scares me sometimes with all of it's prophecies and omens. But then again, the second coming's supposed to be a good thing right? So I shouldn't be dreading it.

Did you say that you "just believe", but at the same time you purposefully avoid looking into what exactly this entails?  Surely you realize the perils of this approach.

Did you say that you "just believe", but at the same time you purposefully avoid looking into what exactly this entails?  Surely you realize the perils of this approach.

I agree with NLR. I understand your feelings of anxiety about the end times, however if you do believe then you'll be happy to know that you're covered. The feeling of anxiety from such a foreboding prophesy is natural but instead of feeling fear you should take comfort in the fact that you are shielded from the apocalypse. As for the feelings of anxiety it would be best if you channeled them into feelings of compassion and pity for the rest of the world. Just think you know what's in store for them, so you should do your best to warn them and steer them in the right direction. Just don't be a jerk about it and annoy the crap out of people, that gets us nowhere fast.

You didn't offend! Jehovah's Witnesses definitely are an odd breed and are really not an accurate representation of how most Christians believe. They're really victims of a cult, IMO.

Yeah their believe system is a little weird. As far as I can tell they believe in God but they believe that He can't influence the world in any way and has to go through a series of lesser heavenly beings that can, kind of like a chain of command with God at the top. The problem in this thinking is that it renders Jesus's death on the cross totally irrelevant because they believe that He was just one of the higher angels.

• Brohoof 1

-Hugs everyone in this thread-

I've grown up in a Christian household my entire life, I always believed up until my teenage years. I spent a few years learning about other faiths and searching for the one that fit me. Thankfully at the end of the journey I found myself realizing that Christ's death and resurrection is the answer to everything.

It's a constant battle where I live though. Compared to other states in the US, California's majority is very liberal and slowly evolving to be against anything we in the faith believe in using the excuse that our beliefs are "dated". I used to have a lot of friends outside the faith until about a year ago. I found myself going to church more and more and growing in Christ rapidly, many of my friends noticed and didn't appreciate the changes. They used to try and start arguments with me and put me down for even believing in God. I felt bullied so I quit dealing with a lot of them. I've tried making friends with brothers and sisters in Christ, but it's hard because most churches where I live are "Megachurch" like, with too many members to count and things are always hectic with them. Of course I know that I have it easy regardless of all of this compared to other people throughout the world.

I consider myself a Charasmtic/Mild-Pentecostal but usually go to a non-denominational church. My father was an amateur apologist back in his day and as such I've taken up the mantle for him. 

Anyway, I'm glad to see so many Christian bronies out there. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png  

• Brohoof 1

*raises hand*

Very devout Christian here. :3 Probably the type that most people hate, the kind that will not back down or renounce His name. That's me. c:

I am.

And I just finally got myself to post in here.

Nondenominational here.

Any other Christian here like Skillet?

Please tell me yes...

(edited)

I am.

And I just finally got myself to post in here.

Nondenominational here.

Any other Christian here like Skillet?

Please tell me yes...

I have Christian friends who like Skillet, if that helps? happy.png None of them are bronies, however.

I like the style of some of their music, and I know they're supposed to be a Christian band, but I'm still figuring them out.

Edited by Flutterspark
  • Brohoof 1

I have Christian friends who like Skillet, if that helps? img-1463423-1-happy.png None of them are bronies, however.

I like the style of some of their music, and I know they're supposed to be a Christian band, but I'm still figuring them out.

I'm so excite for the new album, called Rise.

I have a link to the title song right now, and I've listened to it so many times already. XD

Don't worry, I feel your pain. If you want to start reading the Bible in a regular basis, take Luke first. It's the most comforting of the Gospells with the last prophecies.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, I feel your pain. If you want to start reading the Bible in a regular basis, take Luke first. It's the most comforting of the Gospells with the last prophecies.

1st Samuel is one of the more depressing. though Revelations is difficult to understand at times and would be recommended in a group discussion. 

Methodist here but I embrace and find other cultures and religions to be a refreshing thirst of knowledge I never tire from. I do not support negative mindsets or destructive types, and naturally followers of lucifer. But I belive in God and Christ, and if you allow me to share my faith w you respectfully I will always do the same for another (example a Muslim or Tao Buddhist )

Phew! I thought for a second there that most bronies were atheist. that's nice to know so many Christians are around. I'm a catholic, which is almost the same thing so :)

Catholics are Christian! It's not almost the same thing, we are just different denominations, although we can say that the Catholic Church has been around the longest and the other Christian churches split off from it for a variety of complicated and violent reasons... yeah, I am glad that we are behind those times and we are finally starting to get along with other Christians. :)

• Brohoof 2

Catholics are Christian! It's not almost the same thing, we are just different denominations, although we can say that the Catholic Church has been around the longest and the other Christian churches split off from it for a variety of complicated and violent reasons... yeah, I am glad that we are behind those times and we are finally starting to get along with other Christians. smile.png

I didn't want to rile anybody up over the whole Catholics aren't Christians thing but it is true. :) Glad we are getting over that.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to extend a proposition... as sort of founder of the facebook branch of Christian Bronies I'd like to try to unite as many Christian Bronies under one location, wheather it be a website a program (skype) or whatever, as possible