Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite game or game series?

~TheStealthyPony~

Metal Gear is my all time favorite franchise, I absolutely love its characters and story telling

I love Metroid for its interesting take on adventuring and platforming

Megaman and Legend of Zelda make up my childhood

Final Fantasy solidified JRPGs as one of my favorite genres

I love No More Heroes for it's universe and psychotic action

And Super Smash Bros, Kingdom Hearts and Capcom vs imo, are the best crossovers ever

I have a few favorites... One is Killezone 3, I haven't ever played it, but I've watched people play the game on YouTube.

My all time favorite is CoD 2, that I HAVE played and beaten.

Poor Brooklyn. :/

Shut up, I just got done wiping that part out of that memory, I don't want to relive it :(

Edited by Megas75

Hmm, I don't have a favourite franchise, methinks.

But my favourite game is, as I've stated many times, GRIM FANDANGO! HeartIconSmall.png

It's an amazing game and what got me into the industry :)

Favorite series? The Legend of Zelda.

Favorite game? Majora's Mask, easily. It used to be Ocarina of Time, but then I went back to play Majora's Mask a few years ago, and I instantly fell in love ranked the game as my all time favorite. It's that good.

• Brohoof 1

Well it would have to be Final Fantasy, but nothing past the tenth game in the series. Oh, and yeah I've been diggin' Hyperdimension Neptunia as my current favorite JRPG.

It's not that an excellent game, but it just sticks to that old formula I've gotten used to.

My favorite game series would be the infamous R-Type.  A SHUMP (shoot-em up) that focuses on strategy rather than bullet dodging.  Needless to say it also has its quirks.

Game wise I enjoy, to this day, Rise of the Triad and wait for its remake.  Granted unline DooM of its time ROTT tended to focus more of an arcade FPS rather than being serious.

TAKE THAT!

My favourite series has to be phoenix wright ace attorney. It has great stories, fantastic characters who you can't help but love or hate and it's like playing out a really good mystery novel. I think i've played through every case at least 5 times and know each story off by heart. Yes, including all the fun ace investigations cases... and Apollo Justice ones...

A lot of my favourite video game villains come from this series, but GLaDOS still remains undefeated in the number one position. Godot is pretty close to the top with all his coffee-isms and pretty deep back story.

Edited by Celtore

I've been really into Metal Gear Solid lately (about to start the fourth after beating the third), so I'd probably go with that.

I'm a sucker for excellent storytelling, and Metal Gear delivers some of the most creatively complex and deepest narratives I've ever seen in video games. I don't even like the gameplay that much - I mean, sneaking around and stuff is fun, sure. But the story, man. Oh the story. Don't leave this planet until you've played Metal Gear Solid. Please. Just play it. You owe it to yourself. It's somewhat of a forgotten gem these days, but oh man is it good. I finished it in two days during the summer just because I couldn't stop thinking about it - that good.

My favorite game series would be Disgaea. Legend of Zelda and Persona would be my 2nd and 3rd favorite series respectively. Disgaea just has that over the top action and humor that makes the series extremely unique and memorable. Plus they prinnies and prinnies are just plain lovable dood. Lets not forget the spin-off Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero and its sequel. 

anything from the golden age of 16-bit rpg era. chrono trigger, breath of fire, super mario rpg, final fantasy 6, secret of mana, earthbound, illusions of gaia, a link to the past, etc. so many great titles from that era.

modern games, forza motorsports, gears of war, and mafia 2. most recently, the most important game to me was limbo, i purchased it the day it came out, didnt demo it or anything, just bought it. i had faith in the game, and it didnt disappoint me. i still have it on my 360 too, and i never intend to remove it. 

Hitman. Hitman is the ultimate game for me. I don't think that I can find that sweet gameplay in anywhere. First thing got me into the series was the interesting character and then it's job to do. Although it could be really hard sometimes which ruins the all fun. REALLY.

Also there was a good old game series called Commandos which was one of my favorites, they probably never going to make a new game.

I also played the first Assassin's Creed game, it was good but not sure if AC can have a place in my favorite games.

Battlefield is also awesome but I have to admit I didn't play much Battlefield games

• Brohoof 1

In alphabetical order...

Alice : MADNESS RETURNS

Bayonetta

Chrono Cross

Cooking Mama (don't laugh)

Fatal Frame 1, 2, 3

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 

Kuon

Persona 3

Resident Evil 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

Rule of Rose

Silent Hill : Origins, Homecoming

And yeah, that's about it. 

The most awesome game ever made ever in the universes universe

Black

that was the name.Black.Just one word.It was for Ps2,and I think for the old Xbox.They should bring that game back. 

Ok, this is it...my favorite...series is........

POKEMON.

Yes. In my opinion, it is the best series I've ever played, and the anime is good too!!!! I will forever be a Pokemon fan! Nothing beats this for me! I also like Zelda, and Mario Kart (and the Mario series),  but Pokemon will and always will be my all-time favorite! I'm still playing, and I'll play when I'm old! YYYEEAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Pokemon 4 evvveerrr!!!! :D :D :) :)

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 2

Got a few hours? :P

Off the top of my head: Halo, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls.

As for just games: Fallout 3, Prototype, Far Cry 3, Terraria, Minecraft, Max Payne 3. And I'll stop there, 'coz I can go on for hours about this.

My number one favorite game and series, has to be Gears of War. \\★//

Its story is just amazing and its mulitplayer is even better! Even with the older title's bugs and whatnot.

Right after that I have to say Pokemon, Zelda (OoT and up), the Megaman Battle Network series, and Doom are the only other memorable series that I've loved.

Fallout 3 is also a really good game, but I haven't played any of the other games in the series.

I love when games have amazing stories. My favorite games are Halo, Gears of War, and The Elder Scrolls.

The personal story and dark feeling to Gears of War gives it an amazing atmosphere. It might not have many cliffhangers, but it always finds a way to fit an amazing story element. (Usually from the books) And even though I'm not a very competitive person, Gears of War's multiplayer is really fun for me. It seems like the fanbase of Gears is you either get good fast, or you get left behind. It's a rough ride and hard to stay good at, and I love the challenge to it.

You don't know how much I love you for saying Gears.

Literally, this forum is devoid of Gearheads. Minus one or two that I know of.

And yes, you're right about multiplayer and the fanbase. Its learning curve is stupidly high and those that can't pick it up get left behind fast. It's what made me love it.

Favorite series? Ace Attorney. I'm actually finishing the fourth one now. I also just love the soundtrack, so well done. I can't wait for the 5th game coming next year or so. Coming second would be the Zelda series, with Wind Waker as my favorite.

Edited by StarVision

@, @@Cloud DreamsprintDo tabletops count? I've played *deep breath* D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, D&D 1.0, D&D 4.0, Cyberpunk 2020, Call of Cthulhu, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Vampire: The Masquerade, and Star Wars. I feel like I'm forgetting a couple...

I think you might be forgetting White Wolf's Werewolves TRGP, assuming you played it, it ties in quite closely with the Vampire version.

For me, Quest for Glory (Sierra), Diablo 2 and 3, Elder Scrolls 3-5, Zelda and Pokemon.

Ok, this is it...my favorite...series is........

POKEMON.

Yes. In my opinion, it is the best series I've ever played, and the anime is good too!!!! I will forever be a Pokemon fan!

You're joking.  I would've never suspected.  Maybe you should mention that in your "about me" page.  ;)

OK, all kidding aside, I have never played the game.  But I watched the anime for a time when the English edition first aired in 1998.  Ash was so funny and incompetent then.  Except for caterpie, every pokemon he had then he got because they felt sorry for him and wanted to be his friend.  :P   I stopped watching Pokemon when I realized Ash gains most of his enjoyment from raising low level pokemon to a state of battle readiness and usually their first evolution.  He'll never be the very best if he keeps giving his strongest pokemon away. 

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say my favorite game series would be Legend of Zelda, Call of Duty, AND Battlefield, and my all time favorite game would have to be Team Fortress 2.  You just can't go wrong with TF2, it's a shooter you can play if you just want to have either a serious game, or a game where you just mess around the entire time.  I play most of the time on the fun servers, like the SLAG servers, plus tons of pony servers, and I also play some serious matches and Mann Vs. Machine.

I have a list:

- God of War

- Sonic the Hedgehog (the modern games)

- Kingdom Hearts

- Pokémon

- Crash Bandicoot

- Sly Cooper

Card games:

- Yu-Gi-Oh!

Half-Life-2-Logo.jpg

Half-Life 2 is my favorite game series. I've never played much of the original, but the sequel and its episodes are just so good.

As for my most favorite individual game, that is Shadow of the Colossus.