Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Found the vector of Rarity in her micro comic gown again, looking gorgeous, like always.post-25189-0-79425100-1406301242.png

Love the deep V cut on her chest and the puffy sleeves. And especially the choker, i have a special weakness for these...post-25189-0-98096400-1405937731.png

Why her butt is exposed like that in this vector i don't know... :muffins: Not complaining though.

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 4

Why her butt is exposed like that in this vector i don't know... :muffins: Not complaining though.

She's just repping the Element of Generosity, per usual...:comeatus:

It was like that in the comic, too :wub:

Anyway, here's the shirt I plan on ordering next :please: Rarity, retro gaming style, and hearts? Why don't I have this yet? :D

valentine-8bit-rarity.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Back to the coffee vs. tea argument, I can really see Rarity drinking tea from one of these...

3243360376_7fd8765266.jpg

I'd love one of these too... They're pretty fab!

She's just repping the Element of Generosity, per usual... :comeatus:

Anyway, here's the shirt I plan on ordering next :please: Rarity, retro gaming style, and hearts? Why don't I have this yet? :D

That's a pretty sweet Rarity/Zelda shirt,,, Reminds me of this

mlp_dangerous.png

Please forgive me for posting Flutters instead of Rarebear

• Brohoof 3

She's just repping the Element of Generosity, per usual... :comeatus:

Please tell me that they have a Master Blaster one of her fighting that Crab Boss! And that shirt ... damn ... its been ages since I played through the 1st Zelda. I approve with no reservation of that tee

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 4

Please tell me that they have a Master Blaster one of her fighting that Crab Boss! And that shirt ... damn ... its been ages since I played through the 1st Zelda. I approve with no reservation of that tee

@Jeric; Is not very good... But I threw this together for you in paint quite hastily

post-26689-0-89795700-1406931366_thumb.jpg

Edited by The JLmle
  • Brohoof 6

You made my freaking day ma'am!

:D

D'awww... I do my best! You made my day too sir! Seriously... Like I said, I loved that game as a little girl, but I had completely forgotten about it somehow... Seeing all the screen shots as I searched for that one was a joyous trip down memory lane...
  • Brohoof 4

Just wrote my latest defense of Rarity, and wow, it's been a long time since I've done that :D

Here it is, for those who are interested:

Yeahh, she's taking advantage of it a bit, but really, first off, she's a flawed character, just like pretty much the entire mane 6 - if they didn't have flaws, they'd have nothing to develop and they wouldn't be very good characters if life was perfect and they had nothing to improve upon, would they? :please:

Then, keep in mind that you just can't accuse Rarity alone of this behavior. Twilight often takes advantage of Spike's loyalty to her just as much, and to be honest, probably moreso than Rarity does, but I don't think you brought that up once :confused: Kind of feels like you're out to get Rarity here, but let's put that aside for now.

So, we've established that 1.) She does take advantage of it, to an extent and 2.) She's not alone in taking advantage of Spike, and there's a possibility of a character doing it even moreso than her.

There's also the last question we gotta answer: Is Spike suffering?

I don't know about you, but when I see it happening, I don't really see Spike in too much pain :confused:He actually looks rather happy to help her. Really, do you see any suffering when it happens? He's not really in a whole lot of pain and certainly doesn't look like he's being treated like a "slave" - that's a very strong word to use, given it's historical context linked to discrmination and violence, and all I see is stuff happening along these lines:

Rarity: "Oh, Spike-wikey! Would you be a dear and help me with those bags please? :please: "

Spike: "Of course I will, Rarity! :mustache: "

Rarity: "Why thank you ever so much, darling! :D "

And Spike gushes over her and proceeds to go do what she asked.

So, we've established the following:

• She does take advantage of it at times, but she's not alone in being guilty of it, and there's a possibility that another character is guilty of this behavior even more than she is.
  • Spike isn't being forced to do it, and he seems to get a genuine pleasure from helping her out.

But there's another thing being left out of your analysis - Rarity has displayed numerous times that she cares greatly for Spike and his well being, just not in a way like he cares for her (and for good reason, he's still a child.)

What about this, for instance?

These could've been her dying moments, for all we know, and it's a miracle that RD and Fluttershy were able to save them.

And even on a more day to day scale and less life or death, there's stuff like this:

Where she was willing to fight a bunch of teenage dragons to protect Spike from being in danger.

Do you see my point? :D It happens some, but it's a far cry from slavery and she even cares about him and does stuff or him, and there's a lot of variables being left out here in the OP :please: 

I hope I was able to help you see things from a different perspective :D
  • Brohoof 6

Just wrote my latest defense of Rarity, and wow, it's been a long time since I've done that :D

Here it is, for those who are interested:

Another great defense, Ghostie. Maybe you should become a lawyer

71804_157515881062591_1913786694_n.png

• Brohoof 5

Another great defense, Ghostie. Maybe you should become a lawyer

Heh. Thanks :D 

Sometimes I just feel like posting this and going on my way, though :please:

rarity_really_cares_by_poptart36-d5ez4o9

But often times I'm more like:

objection__by_assiel-d6sx6eh.png

I think it's just because I love talking about her so much :wub:

• Brohoof 5

, I'm heading off to bed, but yeah great post! Oh, and your inclusion of Rarity's 'final act' of Generosity nicely capped off a decent day for me. Without saying a word, that scene summed up her genuine nature perfectly. It is my favorite Rarity scene after all. I'll likely say more about this tomorrow at some point. Now I'm tired.

Also, I realized that when I see that scene in a YouTube side window or embedded on this board, it becomes almost an OCD reaction to watch it. Falling to her death ... and she does that. Seriously love that moment. :please:

• Brohoof 4