Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

So much said in a concise and succinct manner. :proud:

I always think i sound like Animal from the Muppets when writing... :muffins:

Some more Rarity gorgeousness... :please:

post-25189-0-70010600-1407082027_thumb.png

How can anybody resist those eyes? You can't explain that!post-25189-0-31276000-1405956140.pngpost-25189-0-98096400-1405937731.png

Eyes are a window to the soul, arent they? I think everybody can envision how the soul behind those pools of sapphire looks like...

Or amethyst in this case, her peepers look rather purple in this image. :muffins:

• Brohoof 7

So much said in a concise and succinct manner. :proud:

I think that it was telling when Faust said that she was most proud of SFS. She realized her ambition to elevate girls television when she created Rarity, and to put it bluntly ... f'ing nailed it in the aforementioned episode. She embodies an ideal femininity -- cultured, beautiful, giving, creative, intelligent, driven, self realizing, independent, and complex.

Your post

img-2926360-2-GlamorousBrohoof.png

also Lauren Faust/Tabby/Kazumi/and all the writers who elevate her

img-2926360-3-xYAkr.png

That's one of the things I absolutely adore about Rarity and will bring up to outsiders when defending the series... As I understand it, Faust was told that one of the ponies "absolutely had to be obsessed fashion." So, rather than create a stereotypically one-dimensional character, she came up with Rarity; an independent, headstrong, self-reliant entrepreneur with her own business designing and creating her own fashion line... Or, as you put it; raising the bar in young girl's television and trying to help them see that if they put their mind to it; they can do whatever they want... And I love that! I don't mention it too often as it doesn't apply to our day to day talks; but I am most definitely a feminist (as in I believe all people should be treated the same regardless of gender; not that I think women are inherently better than men) and as a feminist; I love Rarity! I love the message that she sends to young girls about hard work and dedication... I think she is an excellent role model for people of all ages and genders (gender is NOT binary, sorry) as she incorporates many of the best traits both from traditional masculinity and tradition femininity; in short she is who she is and she does what she wants and does not allow her gender to determine anything she does... She is strong and independent, yet kind and caring. She is the epitome of what what a modern woman should be...

post-26689-0-72571800-1407088466_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

I noticed recently that I've never explained why I like Rarity so much, I think my reasons are different from you all....

Anyway:

img-2926251-1-nightmare_night_rarity_by_

Was that Rarity was a witch flying with a broom for Nightmare Night? That's cool, brony! :D

• Brohoof 5

And I follow this thread like a maniac and read new posts 90% of the time with a minute of posting. It had to be pre-me

Yeah we cool!

Character limit

• Brohoof 2

apparently someone put a dead rarity on this thread

That was handled by the moderation staff as soon as it happened. Whilst it wasn't handled in a way I think was very just, given the poster in question's history of Borderline NSFW content and abusive behavior, it was handled nonetheless. 

I request that any more discussion about this be redirected to me via PM.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 6

That was handled by the moderation staff as soon as it happened. Whilst it wasn't handled in a way I think was very just, given the poster in question's history of Borderline NSFW content and abusive behavior, but it was handled nonetheless. 

I request that any more discussion about this be redirected to me via PM.

ok you got it. understood.

• Brohoof 3

Changing the subject to something more positive... I like this pic; I'm no sure about the swirl on her shoulder; but otherwise I think it's stylized very beautifully...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

She looks imho like a classical greek goddess in her crystal form, maybe that swirl is supposed to maintain that classical style, seeing that such curls and swirls are very prominent in greek art and architecture?

mlp__crystal_ponies___by_290pika-d5kwq72

Goddess of beauty...post-25189-0-98096400-1405937731.png

She would be a better fit for that position than Aphrodite anyway... Raritys personality is beautiful too, unlike Aphrodites...

• Brohoof 4

She looks imho like a classical greek goddess in her crystal form, maybe that swirl is supposed to maintain that classical style, seeing that such curls and swirls are very prominent in greek art and architecture?

mlp__crystal_ponies___by_290pika-d5kwq72

Goddess of beauty...

She would be a better fit for that position than Aphrodite anyway... Raritys personality is beautiful too, unlike Aphrodites...

I'm not familiar enough with Greek mythology to comment on Aphrodite's personality; but yes! Rarity would make an excellent goddess of beauty as she is beautiful inside and out! As I said earlier, she is the epitome of what a modern woman should!
  • Brohoof 3

img-2927961-2-mlp__crystal_ponies___by_2

Goddess of beauty...

Yay, I get to post this! Rarity ... infinite beauty ... infinity generosity. The Gods have spoken. Let it be so

princess_rarity_by_johnjoseco-d6igoe3.jp

• Brohoof 5

I'm not familiar enough with Greek mythology to comment on Aphrodite's personality; but yes! Rarity would make an excellent goddess of beauty as she is beautiful inside and out! As I said earlier, she is the epitome of what a modern woman should!

Well, generally the greek gods where quite the douchenozzles... And if we are at it we could replace some other god with Applejack...

Athene, goddess of warfare and wisdom, or Demeter, goddess of harvest seem fitting.

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 3

Wha?... I thought she hated Rarity... Wants her to leave the show, and stuff like that... :confused:

The way she talks, her reasons for disliking her are a not so veiled form of jealousy.

It's all so clear.

The character hates Rarity, but the creators use that as a joke.

• Brohoof 1

Well, generally the greek gods where quite the douchenozzles... And if we are at it we could replace some other god with Applejack...

Athene, goddess of warfare and wisdom, or Demeter, goddess of harvest seem fitting.

Omg that post .... it stopped me dead in my tracks man! I'm still chuckling. Douchenozzles!

lol

• Brohoof 3

I think Goddess of the Harvest is best for Applejack; Goddess of Wisdom seems more suited for Twilight... But Rarity is definitely the goddess of beauty for Rarity is best contemporary feminist role model!
  • Brohoof 3