Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Welcome to the Rarity Fan Club, man! :D We welcome anyone as long as they show appreciation for Rarebear :D Doesn't matter if she's your best pony or not :please:

I'm sure you'll like your stay here if you come to visit us again :D Have some Rarity!

Thanks for the awesome welcome. I'm really happy this thread exists because I love Rarity and I do think she's the most well-written character on the show. I actually thought most people didn't like her... standing in the Bronycon line for the Vendor's Hall there was even a hate group a few feet in front of me loudly yelling about how much Rarity sucks and it really pissed me off. Glad the most complex pony has the super long thread she deserves!

• Brohoof 6

It's about time for me to head out for the day and see my nephew (yay:yay:), but I can't go without singing "Happy Birthday" to A.V. first... This is also for everyone who's birthday was yesterday or has one upcoming!

rarity_cake_eated_b_day_card_by_spyro0w0

Also,@@Jeric,

saw this when searching for a Rarity birthday pic and thought of you!

tumblr_lnaepm3Szk1qafrh6.jpg

Would've been funnier were it Tom, but still made me laugh!

• Brohoof 4

Good morning everypony! We are officially dressed and ready for the day!

b0SUnBQ.jpg 

Which, for me, means running a bunch of errands before work (I work evening shift, so I'll be gone almost all day), including a hair cut and going to a local shop to place my birthday ice cream cake order! (for my actual birthday) I plan on getting another *Fabulous* cake...Provided the people at the shop know what I'm talking about and don't look at me weird.

• Brohoof 4

Thanks for the awesome welcome. I'm really happy this thread exists because I love Rarity and I do think she's the most well-written character on the show. I actually thought most people didn't like her... standing in the Bronycon line for the Vendor's Hall there was even a hate group a few feet in front of me loudly yelling about how much Rarity sucks and it really pissed me off. Glad the most complex pony has the super long thread she deserves!

YAY! I always like to see more Rarity love and was grateful to find this thread as well. And, you're right. I was also under the impression that most fans hated best pony. The marketers do too it seems...I mean, have you noticed the severe lack of Rarity merch? (Applejack has it worse though, you have to admit) I actually have a friend who watches the show who despises Rarity.

Personally, I think her character is really just misunderstood by a lot of people. Kind of reminds me of Niamh Cranitch from my favourite live-action show, Silk. Most people who watched that show (including a history professor of mine) just read her completely wrong and it kind of pissed me off.

• Brohoof 6

YAY! I always like to see more Rarity love and was grateful to find this thread as well. And, you're right. I was also under the impression that most fans hated best pony. The marketers do too it seems...I mean, have you noticed the severe lack of Rarity merch? (Applejack has it worse though, you have to admit) I actually have a friend who watches the show who despises Rarity.

Personally, I think her character is really just misunderstood by a lot of people. Kind of reminds me of Niamh Cranitch from my favourite live-action show, Silk. Most people who watched that show (including a history professor of mine) just read her completely wrong and it kind of pissed me off.

Unfortunately I have to agree. :( I don't think people give Rarity as much credit as they should. Tbh I think the thing about Rarity is she's super flawed, which makes her so complex and interesting. None of the other characters can come close to her in that vein, I think. And by flawed, I do mean realistic and relatable. I've so done things she has done and I really like how the show isn't afraid to show how REAL she is. I mean, I like Fluts a lot because I'm introverted like her, but I just don't think she can touch the realistic nature Rarity has. I also think a lot of people write her off because she's "girly." Ironic because FiM is a girl's show that depicts how all kinds of girls are good! I like how invested Rarity is in her appearance. She takes care of herself, knows what she wants, and gets things done. If someone hates her for that, it says a lot about them, don't ya think? ;)

• Brohoof 5

I'm a "late" Rarity fan, she became my 2nd favorite mane 6 thanks to the season 4.
I like that she's generous, selfless etc. and I find her pretty, not girly at all...but these aren't the main reasons I like her.
There are 2 important reasons.

1. To me she's the funniest mane 6: yes, even funnier than Pinkie Pie.
Her funny moments always work on me. Here are a few examples:
img-2978154-1-Rarity_what_a_drama_queen_
Ugh! What a drama queen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfcvVFCWftc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3s9xhURXk

(she was the best Power Ponies!!! she was so funny in this episode! :D)

...Or when she's eating ice cream, her face off with Applejewel etc etc.
Although I find Discord the funniest character of the show, among the mane 6 it's Rarity.
This humor is a bit subtle, a lot more than Pinkie Pie or Discord's humor.

2. Ok this is harder to explain.
MLP:FiM is a show for girls, yet I find that Rarity is a very mature character, and definitely not a character that the youngest fans of the show will love.
She reminds me some movies of the 20th century, and even some black-and-white movies, and I love that. It's mainly due to the way she talks, but also her behavior, the fact she's a designer and meets celebrities like Sapphire Shores.
Here're 2 examples where I feel that:
My favorite Rarity moment ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHjC8f7zgCk (also one of my favorite moment of the show overall)

That very moment, when she's looking for Prem Hemline (couldn't find a video):
140815101730260010.png

...It's harder to find some scenes, because it happens most of the time.

She's very different to the other mane 6, I think she's the oldest of them btw:
140815101800469976.png

So yeah, she's a subtle character. When I start to watch the show (the season 1), she was one of my least favorite character. But she was awesome in the season 4 (you may have noticed that most scenes I mentioned are from this season), easily better than Rainbow Dash, my favorite mane 6! I just hope she'll be like that in the season 5 too.

Sorry if I don't like Rarity for the same reasons as you all, but it's just how I feel.... :blush:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 8

Well Blobulle my Derpy friend, you actually hit two of the reasons I love Rarity and consider her Best Pony. :D

I love the classic movie attribution reference you gave in point 2.

• Brohoof 6

Is it wrong that this was one of the songs I liked to listen to most when I took on Rarity haters? post-20419-0-44361200-1405880802.png

...looking back, I think I had a bit too much fun just shooting holes through every single thing they said and never letting them escape my clutches post-20419-0-44361200-1405880802.png

large.png

• Brohoof 7

Is it wrong that this was one of the songs I liked to listen to most when I took on Rarity haters? 

...looking back, I think I had a bit too much fun just shooting holes through every single thing they said and never letting them escape my clutches 

large.png

Metallica goes with everything! ZLvAAN0.png

c8ca1295e15b7b0a9d5f23b4aeb36b14.jpg

I am also the happiest person in the world just knowing that image above exists. :DyIKO4j5.png

• Brohoof 7

rarity_by_pensively-d66lnte.jpg

It's a strange thing that a creature that is not real has such a huge impact on ones life.

A positive impact. A huge positive impact.

Rarity often gives me motivation and inspiration to do things i would not have done otherwise. May it be to write a short story, to craft something, to leave the house in search of components for said crafts, to talk with other people that share my love to her and ultimately feel affiliated with said people, become friends with them, extremely close friends. With people on the other side of the world.

If not for Rarity, all that would have never happened, i would still sit in the hole of my clinical depression, well, i still do somewhat, but she helped me to fill that hole up a big deal. I can more often stick my head out to see whats out there, than i could without her help, and the help of the people i got to know because of her.

I would be much worse off without her help.

Rarity is the spark that made all of that possible. She helped me reignite my creativity. Knit bonds with people. Maybe she is the Element of Inspiration too, after all. For me she has always been.

When she is sad i am too, when she is happy i am too. She is for me the first rays of the sun that kiss me awake in the morning. The wind that wispers into my ear to keep going. The soothing caress of the promise of sweet dreams that let me look forward to go to bed.

I try to be more like her, be more kind, be more forgiving, be more creative, be more generous. I can never hope to come close to her in these aspects... But i will do my best. It's the least i can do to repay her for her help. I do my best.

Like Rarity does. She always does her best. She puts her full passion into everything, however unimportant it may be.

She inspires me.

• Brohoof 10

rarity_by_pensively-d66lnte.jpg

It's a strange thing that a creature that is not real has such a huge impact on ones life.

A positive impact. A huge positive impact.

Rarity often gives me motivation and inspiration to do things i would not have done otherwise. May it be to write a short story, to craft something, to leave the house in search of components for said crafts, to talk with other people that share my love to her and ultimately feel affiliated with said people, become friends with them, extremely close friends. With people on the other side of the world.

If not for Rarity, all that would have never happened, i would still sit in the hole of my clinical depression, well, i still do somewhat, but she helped me to fill that hole up a big deal. I can more often stick my head out to see whats out there, than i could without her help, and the help of the people i got to know because of her.

I would be much worse off without her help.

Rarity is the spark that made all of that possible. She helped me reignite my creativity. Knit bonds with people. Maybe she is the Element of Inspiration too, after all. For me she has always been.

When she is sad i am too, when she is happy i am too. She is for me the first rays of the sun that kiss me awake in the morning. The wind that wispers into my ear to keep going. The soothing caress of the promise of sweet dreams that let me look forward to go to bed.

I try to be more like her, be more kind, be more forgiving, be more creative, be more generous. I can never hope to come close to her in these aspects... But i will do my best. It's the least i can do to repay her for her help. I do my best.

Like Rarity does. She always does her best. She puts her full passion into everything, however unimportant it may be.

She inspires me.

She really does :please: She puts so much love and effort into her work...really, it's just awe-inspiring :D

She's made a huge impact on my life, too...in many aspects :D I've found many of the greatest friends I've ever had through her - one's that I spend 7 hours a day playing Terraria with ;) Being such a huge fan of her has also instilled a burst of positivity and a degree of self-control in me, even though I used to be negative and I'd react pretty harshly to things that irritated me. Without her, I wouldn't be who I am today - I'd still be that kid who got rude and hasty right off the bat and never thought before he spoke.

Rarity :wub: The goddess of fabulosity works wonders, eh? :D

I'm really glad to hear that she's helped you out with life so much, man :D

rarity_licks_fire_ruby_by_mysticalpha-d5

Rarity being a gun

img-2979048-1-laueR.jpg

words

It doesn't kill people, it only makes them fabulous :D

• Brohoof 9

You know, I think finally get it.

As Rarity kept climbing the ladder to her eventual place as Best Pony, I always puzzled why. I mean, sure there is amazing depth, a precision in the voice acting and singing, and she stars in some of the tighter stories told in animation let alone MLP. Most of my favorite characters are either polar opposites of me, have aspects that I meet my ideal self, or remind me of someone. Rarity fits some of that ... but not enough that I would normally gravitate this strongly. I mean, I know she's the best developed character on the show, and decades of reading deep characterization has trained my mind on what makes a great character ... but she didn't fit the emotional mold that the others did. Or so I figured.

Then there was this thread today where I typed the words, "Optimistic naivete.'  I was describing myself. I look at the world as Anne Frank did ... I expect the best out of people ... and believe that will happen. I do all this after knowing the horrors and shit that exists and existed. Still I believe in the best of humanity. I do all this even though I have faced my own challenges in life that would have turned others bitter. I got up and refused to back down from my world view. No matter how many times I get knocked down or who does the knocking ... I get up and look it all ... and declare it worth moving forward. Smile on my lips and a bounce in my step.

Rarity. Story after story she does face the worse possible thing. Her career threatened, or talent questioned or ignored, her abilities and personality marginalized. Betrayed and humiliated. Still she gets up. Sill she moves forward with the same dedication to her art ... to her inner nature. No matter the challenges ... she remains generous and reuses to change. She still sees the world as good and decent. Worth fighting for in a sense. No matter what shit is thrown her way.

THAT! That is why I was drawn to her and why it took me viewing more of her episodes to finally start to love the chic Pone. Rarity represents my world view in a realistic way. Laments ... but then ... onward and upward. People are good. Gets shit on by the world that appears to conspire against her at times ... she deals and pushes on. She gets betrayed ... but refuses to betray her nature. Her determination to maintain her virtues no matter what is how I have framed and built my life around.

So yay ... epiphany!

And a personal connection + Great characterization = why the hell I love Rares.

large.jpg

• Brohoof 11

Does this picture need a description?

img-2977835-1-rarity_fink_by_sketchywolf

what happens when rarity starts snorting crack

You mean to say, when Rarity's been smoking rocks?

• Brohoof 6

You know people? I honestly regret that I never have time, or possibilities, of posting... I don't know... at least ONE? Longer, quality post in here which would bring ANYTHING into the thread from me. Heh.

All I generally have time for is posting a status update, commenting on few others updates or typing up one line, maybe to or even three if I feel extravagant, as a response to a random thread (thus the forum games, lounge sometimes grabs my attention when I visit the forums for like 5 minutes). Then there are all the RP threads and the section in general, and on top of that real life D:

It kinda annoys me that I feel, and look, like a vagabond rather than participant of this club xD Especially that Rares actually *IS* my favorite out of mane 6 (and 2nd favorite in general >.> <.< >.> ...).,  and I wish I could sometimes review her character from my own perspective for your consideration, or refer to anything concerning her at all, but it actually eats a lot of time for me to create a fine, English-language post -_-  Roleplays being an example of that. Hell, typing this one takes me longer than it should have.

Still, at least my spirit is in the right place :)

• Brohoof 9

What I thought Rarity was a good one even with Twilight Sparkle including RD was 20% cooler! And also I want Rarity fan club was beaten by Twilight Sparkle fan club with more posts! :wub:

• Brohoof 4