Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

I really learned to love that outfit...post-25189-0-79425100-1406301242.png

At first i really disliked it, but it grew on me big time. Now it joined my long list of favorite Rarioutfits,

Also: if someone wants to make a papercraft of that, thats the opportunity!

I used to do that a lot...

post-25189-0-79425100-1406301242.png

• Brohoof 8

Why, good morning everypony!

post-25189-0-95223600-1398508608_thumb.png

I got a free backscratcher at my pharmacy, i finished Dishonored (I love that game <3), and i got a free apple fruit pie at McDonalds! The day is promising so far indeed!

I really loved that apple fruit pie, so tasty!... You know who also loves to taste some Apples?

Rarity!

post-25189-0-34230800-1411133245_thumb.jpg

That was an elegant transition, wasn't it? Im proud of myself for that... :proud:

• Brohoof 7

Rarity :wub: Fashion horse :wub:

Rarijack :wau:

attachicon.giflarge (11).png

I don't think Rarity wants cider...I've always pictured her as a wine or champagne kinda girl, anyway :please:

Also, good morning, fan club! :D

Wow, one of the few times I disagree with Ghostie!!! No offense buddy! Supe Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 has Rarity singing into the spirit of more cider like every other pony during the episode, and gladly toasting to the cider (and friendship I guess) at the end!!!

Point? Rarity does indeed enjoy Cider. After all, though anthropomorphised, they still have pony traits...such as loving apples. Carrots probably too...and hay and oats (Twilight Time Oat Burger!! Love it!).

Anyways, Rarity loves wine I'm sure, but would not turn down a cider.

• Brohoof 8

Why, good morning everypony!

I got a free backscratcher at my pharmacy, i finished Dishonored (I love that game <3), and i got a free apple fruit pie at McDonalds! The day is promising so far indeed!

I really loved that apple fruit pie, so tasty!... You know who also loves to taste some Apples?

Rarity!

attachicon.giftending_to_an_ear_ache_by_harwicks_art-d6n8sxs.jpg

That was an elegant transition, wasn't it? Im proud of myself for that... :proud:

Sounds like you've had a good day, Siddy.

Seeing all the Rarijack pics made me think. Is Rarity bisexual?

• Brohoof 7

Seeing all the Rarijack pics made me think. Is Rarity bisexual?

Well, Rarity is all about beauty. The beauty of the mind, and the beauty of the body. And i for one cannot really see why she would restrict herself to just experience the beauty that one gender has to offer, or just find one gender appealing.

She would find it quite ungenerous to exclude ponies from the chance to be her prince or princess because of their gender. She still searches for her true love, and only wants to be truly together with the pony that she is sure to be her soulmate, but i doubt she will care if that pony is a stallion or mare when she finds it.

Thats just my headcanon of course, but i for one think she is quite flexible when it comes to questions like that. For her it is only important that she truly loves the pony she is together with, the gender of the pony in question is not important for her, imho.

• Brohoof 8

Well, Rarity is all about beauty. The beauty of the mind, and the beauty of the body. And i for one cannot really see why she would restrict herself to just experience the beauty that one gender has to offer, or just find one gender appealing.

She would find it quite ungenerous to exclude ponies from the chance to be her prince or princess because of their gender. She still searches for her true love, and only wants to be truly together with the pony that she is sure to be her soulmate, but i doubt she will care if that pony is a stallion or mare when she finds it.

Thats just my headcanon of course, but i for one think she is quite flexible when it comes to questions like that. For her it is only important that she truly loves the pony she is together with, the gender of the pony in question is not important for her, imho.

Show is cannon and they make it pretty clear she is straight. Basing her orientation off of beauty alone is vapid to say the least and though rarity is fashionable, she is however not vain to the point of conceit. She was after her "prince" at the galla (blue blood), then on to trenderhoof. She even swooned a little during SSCS6000 towards flim and flam...though the later may have been swooning to the idea of cider as I mentioned earlier.

Rarity is classy, beautiful, not self absorbed, want the world to have beauty, is generous about it, and is clearly straight.

Sorry to burst the head cannon!

Edited for further musings:

Also consider this. Every mane six fandom has a portion that ships their character with another of hte main six and many insinuate similiar concepts of not excluding either gender. My scientist mode is now going to show. Based off of statistics and the head cannon of many fans, not all of the mane six could be bi/lesbian as LGBT still represents a statistical minority as continued research shows that such orientations are not boiling down to choice but are connected to possible estrogen and progesterone imbalances possibly linked to feminine alleles passed down maternally from mother showing increased excreation of the aforementioned hormones and thus leading to a slight increase in the possibility of a same-sex orientation.

Thus logically it follows that based off of statistical average and minority occurance of bi/lesbian traits, the possible allele connection and Rarities parents showing neither hyper-feminine traits (males can show this trait too), and the recorded behavior of Rarity in past events it concludes that Rarity highly probable of being straight.

Okay, science Striker is done.

Edited by Cstriker
  • Brohoof 5

OT: Do you think it's possible Rarity can still control the weather? 

In Rarity Takes Manehattan, every time Rarity was outside and upset, it rained. 

Do you think it's possible that Rarity can control the weather still from the issues with her cutie mark? She may not think about it, but perhaps it could be possible?

I actually have the opposite head-canon.  I don't think it WAS raining in RTM.  I think that 90% or more of the times we see ponies singing, they aren't singing what the audience hears.  It's just an emotional translation.  The images at that time are also emotional translations. 

BATS is a good example of this. (Fluttervision vs. visionJack)

The proof comes from RTM when RD says that ponies don't burst out into song -- when she HAD.

Furthermore look at 1:34

Dry hair.

And when we pan down to the performance, not a cloud in sky.

HMMMM. 

Sure maybe Rarity dried her hair and the rain period had ended, but maybe I'm right.

If I am right (to bring us back to topic) Rarity has no evidence whatsoever of weather control anymore.

• Brohoof 3

Show is cannon and they make it pretty clear she is straight. Basing her orientation off of beauty alone is vapid to say the least and though rarity is fashionable, she is however not vain to the point of conceit. She was after her "prince" at the galla (blue blood), then on to trenderhoof. She even swooned a little during SSCS6000 towards flim and flam...though the later may have been swooning to the idea of cider as I mentioned earlier.

Rarity is classy, beautiful, not self absorbed, want the world to have beauty, is generous about it, and is clearly straight.

Sorry to burst the head cannon!

Little bit agressive there mate...

Did you even read my post, or did you just get a hard one because of the word beauty?

I clearly said she is also about the beauty of the mind... not only the body... And i clearly said that she is after a pony that she truly loves, not just because of physical beauty, but because of the beauty of character...

I even wrote that she searches for the pony that is her SOULMATE!

And its headcannon, i can make it as i choose, like the whole shipping idea is headcanon. And just because someone is drawn to certain male characters does not automatically mean that this character has only interest in males...

I also feel very insulted that you accuse me of thinking that Rarity is only after physical beauty. VERY insulted.

• Brohoof 7

Little bit agressive there mate...

Did you even read my post, or did you just get a hard one because of the word beauty?

I clearly said she is also about the beauty of the mind... not only the body... And i clearly said that she is after a pony that she truly loves, not just because of physical beauty, but because of the beauty of character...

I even wrote that she searches for the pony that is her SOULMATE!

And its headcannon, i can make it as i choose, like the whole shipping idea is headcanon. And just because someone is drawn to certain male characters does not automatically mean that this character has only interest in males...

I also feel very insulted that you accuse me of thinking that Rarity is only after physical beauty. VERY insulted.

SKY!!! I'M SORRY! I really wasn't attempting to come off as a jerk! Sorry buddy, trully I am!

My attempt was to throw out my own cannon based off my observations...also I am a scientist and I like to have fun with it sometimes!

Again buddy, I'm sorry!

Edited by Cstriker
  • Brohoof 6

I feel ill as heck so I'll make this short. As a student of classical long form fiction I find the discussions regarding canon vs head canon to be borderline absurd, and highly pretentious.

Why?

Ophelia's flowers

*drops the fabulous mic

• Brohoof 5

I thought you might like this.  It has a Lot of background conversations, so you might not want to look at it, but you have analysis of a few Rarity pieces.

@@ghostfacekiller39, Evidently you have good taste in art, sir.

I take her relations as a possible indication that she's REALLY closeted.  I've said it before but her crushes tend to be out of her reach, not on the Stallions that ARE impressed with her.  She also flirts without an end of something real, but it's clear to the viewer that she's putting on the act in (most of) those cases.

• Brohoof 5

I feel ill as heck so I'll make this short. As a student of classical long form fiction I find the discussions regarding canon vs head canon to be borderline absurd, and highly pretentious.

Why?

Ophelia's flowers

*drops the fabulous mic

To clarify this since I am feeling a little better - fans should be encouraged to interpret and reinterpret a character and their motivations. Unlike saying 'Rarity doesn't like fashion' (which is a counter canon argument since it cannot be true), her taste in Ponies is up to the individual to determine.

To strip fiction of interpretation is like pouring paint thinner on a ... well ... painting.

:D

• Brohoof 7

Hello, all. Sorry for my absence. Read my status if you are curious about it.

How's everypony been? I myself am exhausted, but I am getting through it. Anyone here heard of Invisible, Inc.?

Oh, and Jeric, read your mail and respond please. We have business to discuss.

• Brohoof 4