Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

everyone! we must make RarityFan01 lose all the space on his/her computer! i will start!

elegance_by_tsitra360-d698jmv.jpg

Do you really want me to not be able to post in here? I have a lot of space on my computer, and I would just uninstall some programs I don't use to get even more space if that does happen. I would probably have to have 100000 Rarity pictures to start laging. (Or pictures of anything, not just Rarity.) I'm a guy by the way.

Edited by RarityFan01
  • Brohoof 4

Do you really want me to not be able to post in here? I have a lot of space on my computer, and I would just uninstall some programs I don't use to get even more space if that does happen. I would probably have to have 100000 Rarity pictures to start laging. (Or pictures of anything, not just Rarity.)

well, i can try, can't i? though, the issue of you not being able to post is a legitimate concern.

well, i can try, can't i? though, the issue of you not being able to post is a legitimate concern.

I only save Rarity solo and Rarijack pictures though, and I don't save nsfw. (Not that you can post it, though.) 

• Brohoof 3

If I end up losing all the space on my computer, chances are it's because of the Rarity pictures. Hehe :D

If you're going to run out of computer space, I'd say that isn't a bad way to do it.

i also found this. rarity is such a BA!

The best part is, you don't even need to turn to fan art for proof of that. Pretty sure she surrounded a dozen changelings by herself and beat them senseless. XD

Teddy Roosevelt would have been proud.

Edited by Bhending the Rules
  • Brohoof 4

321 pictures of Rarity isn't that much. I can probably get over 1000 before I start lagging. I love Rarity because she's beautiful both on the inside and the outside. I love when that happens. :D

• Brohoof 4

I really wish I could start this Rarity fanfic I've had in my head for months. I have the whole thing planned out, but problem is getting the ideas out of my head.

515269__safe_solo_rarity_animated_screen

• Brohoof 5

I really wish I could start this Rarity fanfic I've had in my head for months. I have the whole thing planned out, but problem is getting the ideas out of my head.

515269__safe_solo_rarity_animated_screen

Tell me about it. I have so many ideas, not necessarily all Rarity fan fiction ideas (though those too) but even ideas that aren't pony related at all. If you add screenplays, which are harder to write, to the mixture, the ideas are too much. Then there are non-writing ideas i have. You know, if I had the book inspiration manifestation, who knows what I would do? 

• Brohoof 3

So, here's the review:

Rarity and The Curious Case of Charity

Technically, I'm very wary of licensed novels. Either they're 70-page commercials or they're a lazy retelling of a certain story previously featured. However, since G4 proved to be better than I thought it would be, and as I thought the comics were pretty entertaining, I decided to give its chapter books a shot. Rarity's book sounded interesting to me, plus, Rarity is best pony (geez. i don't know how many of you share that opinion).

Without giving any huge spoilers, the plot of Rarity and The Curious Case of Charity is simple. Hired by an fashion-oriented organization known as H.O.O.F (House of Outrageous and Opulent Fashion), Rarity is scheduled to assist in mentoring a fashion student who calls herself 'Charity'. As time goes by, however, Rarity begins to notice that there's something slightly...off about Charity, as it seems like she's taking the instructions 'just do as I do' a bit too far.

As a book marketed to children, this plot line, while generic, is actually quite interesting when you think about it. Children tend to have a bit of talent in mimicry; I in particular tried to imitate a popular girl a long time back ago, but didn't go so well. I suck at making friends, much less jumping myself out at random people, and I didn't have her slapstick sense of humor at all. Best of luck to that person, but I'm not her.

The characters are alright; Rarity is mostly in character. It's not hard to imagine her doing the things she does here. One thing I did notice is that she occasionally notes what's in fashion, which is, while not completely out of character, generally not something I'd expect her to do past Season 1. The other canon ponies are in character too; Sweetie Belle in particular has an adorable moment, but I mm not going to spoil that for you. Oh, and a certain mailmare makes an appearance! :D

Charity is interesting. As I said, she could serve as an archetype for children in a similar situation with their environment. On the plus side, while she's also into fashion, she also expresses excitement at Applejack and Rainbow Dash's less delicate activities, such as apple bucking and canon testing. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with being specifically feminine or a tomboy, but seeing a character like this is quite refreshing. Some may be a bit ticked off by her, but I generally like her.

Overall, the characters are alright. Nothing outstanding, but except for a few incidents everything's generally in place.

Like most basic chapter books, the flow, while easy to read, is unfortunately not very unique in terms of style, and occasionally get kind of tedious. At the very least, it isn't extremely simple, neither is it something like 'Rarity tucked each dress in carefully, making sure each one was perfect, fluffy and pretty!' or 'Sweetie Belle hoped up and down in sugary glee'. Blech. The prose and plot are overall not bad, but could be better.

As for consistency with canon, like I said, the ponies aren't very OOC and no laws of magic are broken or such. One thing that's a bit of a nitpick is that the Mane Six gather at the Castle of the Two Sisters just to talk once, and as far as I'm aware, this isn't something they would do when the matter is relatively trivial. Perhaps at Golden Oaks (this story takes place mid S4-*sniff*), but not there, especially not as soon after the Castlemania incident.

A few additional details-as I said, there's some fanservice (not that kind) in the book, with call backs and a few cameos. It does seem like G.M Berrow actually has watched a fair few episodes of the show, which is good. Kids who don't watch the show may be slightly confused at some mentions (Discord is referenced once) but they'll generally be entertained by this, most likely.

Overall, the book is alright. It's not the best Expanded Universe installment with Rarity as a focused (The Nightmare Forces arc from IDW comes to mind) but it is an enjoyable read if you're a fan of Rarity. Do try to read it if you can, though you probably shouldn't spend you three dollars on it at Amazon.

• Brohoof 5

*Fears what might happen to Rarity if Amy sees ^this and misinterprets it.*

Why, Rarity would kick Amys ass of course...

She, who is the mistress of the Graceful Swan school of Hoof-Fu. She who defeated the Clan of the Many Faces changeling triad. She who beat the mighty Strinking Apple in a friendly nonlethal duel. She who did not fear the dreadful Manticore of legend and attacked him with a Vengeful Flower kick to the face. She who was willing to battle several scale armoured longs to defend her friends.

250208__safe_solo_rarity_crossover_parod

Beautiful like a lotus blossom. Fast as a viper. Fierce as a tiger. Graceful like a crane. Who can hope to defeat her?

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 8