Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gilda VS Trixie

Zalgo

FIM has plenty of antagonists...

feathers_and_fur_study_by_harwicks_art-d

...Like Gilda, the griffon that made Fluttershy cry...

106650+-+artist+ponykillerx+plot+Trixie.

...and the great and powerful Trixie, previous "rival" to Twilight Sparkle.

Who would win in a battle to the death with no outside help, and no mercy?

Useful links

Personally, I think Trixie would win here. Even though her magic really isn't too strong, it gives her an edge to be able to use ranged attacks.

Though if Gilda is quick, she could make an easy kill with her sharp claws and beak.

• Brohoof 1

It really annoys me about how almost everyone instantly despises Gilda, just because she made Fluttershy cry.

At a point, it got me very close to loathing Fluttershy because of it.

• Brohoof 1

To me, it would be Trixie. She might even use her horn to annihilate Gilda in one blow, as she is an unicorn. But Gilda? She is not a unicorn but can just use her claws to fight (To me the claws are no use to Trixie's Magic.)

Dear God! To the death? That's a little brutal. In this situation where one of them dies, Gilda will take the cake because she can easily rip Trixie to shreds  If the situation called for KO, then the match would be a little bit more in favor for Trixie. Ultimately, Trixie would lose this match due to (implying) Gilda's endurance, but not without giving Gilda a run for her money.

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Trixie, honestly I think that even though she isn't the Element of magic like Twilight she can still do some pretty powerful magic. She'd be at an advantage to be able to stay away from Gilda's only method of attacking.

So I think Trixie would have this one pretty simply. Gilda wouldn't be able to get close to Trixie with her magic.

Trixie's only real power was available from the Alicorn amulet. Other than that, all of her magic is just show magic.

Guys, Trixie is a showpony. There is no way magic of her type could defeat a fully grown, and very fast Griffon.

Gilda would take the battle with ease.

Gilda might have the speed factor with her wings and claws. But, if Trixie finds another alicorn amulet to put on to corrupt her.

I say, Gilda your done.

Well you know, they said that the Alicorn Amulet was an artifact, so Im figuring that there was only one, and I don't think Trixie would ever put it back on, based on how she acted at the end of her last appearance.

Meh, it all depends on terrain, if Trixie has the amulet, and a few other things.

On a wide, open, fields or something, Gilda's already won- In there in a flash and Trix's a goner. If the terrain was more flight-unfriendly, like caves or something, Trixie has the advantage and would destroy Gilda either sneaking and impaling her (Invisibility magicks?) with her horn, or some magic of some sort. 

Oh, and if she has the amulet, Gilda's dead. Like...Really dead.

I'm basing the magic thing on the fact it only takes a single pinch in the right place, or a vein to be cut, or anything minor like that, and death is certain- magic could do that, however weak.

Hmmm...

I'd have to say Trixie, because at least she realized that she was being a prick. Gilda still sees nothing wrong with her personality.

Edited by Betez

Fireworks to the face. Manipulating flight. People seem to Underestimate Trixie here.

Gilda has the upper hand, don't get me wrong, she has speed enough that RD doesn't consider her slow, and she's much bigger and stronger than Trixie.

But it really depends on who gains the upper hand first. If Trixie manages to nail Gilda with an attack as Gilda rushes in, she wins. If she fails to do so, Gilda wins.

Oh, and this is without amulet. With amulet, this isn't even a fight.

ScrewAttacks DeathBattles are fun, but stupidly innaccurate if you read up, or even doublecheck the slightest bit about the characters.

This is the group that had Link fighting equally with Cloud. Even as a Zelda fan, having Link, who is barely superhuman in speed, fight Cloud, who has calculable speed feats of Mach 20+...

Similar issues with Starscream vs Rainbow Dash by the way.

They'd probably argue that Aang would be a match for Elyon(W.I.T.C.H.), and considering far weaker characters in W.I.T.C.H. than Elyon could beat Aang with their hands tied behind their backs...

ScrewAttacks DeathBattles are fun, but stupidly innaccurate if you read up, or even doublecheck the slightest bit about the characters.

This is the group that had Link fighting equally with Cloud. Even as a Zelda fan, having Link, who is barely superhuman in speed, fight Cloud, who has calculable speed feats of Mach 20+...

Similar issues with Starscream vs Rainbow Dash by the way.

They'd probably argue that Aang would be a match for Elyon(W.I.T.C.H.), and considering far weaker characters in W.I.T.C.H. than Elyon could beat Aang with their hands tied behind their backs...

Goku vs Superman, need i bring up how amazing that was

and they are fairly accurate when it comes down to the finest details, its just that some fans are sour about the outcomes

plus Link could actually learn magic as well, did you ever play Zelda 2

Goku vs Superman, need i bring up how amazing that was

and they are fairly accurate when it comes down to the finest details, its just that some fans are sour about the outcomes

plus Link could actually learn magic as well, did you ever play Zelda 2

Um, yeah. Link still has no way to survive, nor react to a Mach 20+ slash from Cloud. Which is exactly why they aren't accurate.

DeathBattles aren't out to be accurate. They are out to be entertaining. They could have Winnie the Pooh beat an Ursa Major just for lulz.

Um, yeah. Link still has no way to survive, nor react to a Mach 20+ slash from Cloud. Which is exactly why they aren't accurate.

DeathBattles aren't out to be accurate. They are out to be entertaining. They could have Winnie the Pooh beat an Ursa Major just for lulz.

i detect that you are a "sour viewer", you must have really liked cloud, well im sorry if the outcome wasnt to your fancy, but you need to get over it

i already submitted the idea to deathbattle, so belly aching wont do much

Hmmm...

I'd have to say Trixie, because at least she realized that she was being a prick. Gilda still sees nothing wrong with her personality.

We honestly have no idea whats going on with Gilda right now, she hasn't appeared since her episode. Its unfair to say that she has not changed in the slightest. Loosing an old friend can really change someone, and Dash and Gilda were the best of friends.

It's not very balanced, Gilda had what, 1episode and Trixie had like umm 2

Anyway jokes aside I think the show put more of an emphasis on Trixie, Gilda like isn't even legit a background character

Gilda is a recognized antagonist. Not a major one, but she is still there. Gilda is a lot more than a background character.

i detect that you are a "sour viewer", you must have really liked cloud, well im sorry if the outcome wasnt to your fancy, but you need to get over it

i already submitted the idea to deathbattle, so belly aching wont do much

Um, yeah, you are totally off. I love DeathBattles, exactly because they are silly. Most matches people suggest would, if done seriously, be all about who can move the fastest(because Lightspeed>Mach 500, and Mach 20>Human speed).

I'm a Zelda fan, and Cloud is one of my least liked FF heroes.

That, on the other hand doesn't change the fact that Cloud still is capable of beating Link with ease.

You know who would actually have a shot at beating Cloud?

These 3:

img-1171944-1-raghnarok_6.jpg

And any of these 5:

img-1171944-2-witch_disney.jpg

Edited by RWB

We honestly have no idea whats going on with Gilda right now, she hasn't appeared since her episode. Its unfair to say that she has not changed in the slightest. Loosing an old friend can really change someone, and Dash and Gilda were the best of friends.

Gilda is a recognized antagonist. Not a major one, but she is still there. Gilda is a lot more than a background character.

Exactly. We haven't seen her at all since the episode from season 1. So we have no idea if she's changed or not. She could have, she could have not. The only way we'll ever know is if she makes a reappearance, which I hope she does.

im go right on and say that Gilda would win,

Many of the Trixie fans would say that magic is what will give Trixie the advantage. HOWEVER, she is much to cocky for it to work to her benefit, for magic is only good when the user is focused. And most of the tricks she uses are only for show rather than battle

Gilda has the raw speed that can be used for straight up offense. HOWEVER, her temper is her weak point. She is a berserker who will rampage when mad on the battle field. Yet one does not need to be as focused for melee as they do for magic. Claws and a beak help too.

Weapon edge: Gilda

Trixie is firmly planted to the ground. the only way she will get a field advantage is by using terra forming magic, which i doubt she knows.

Gilda has wings, she can easily avoid most attacks made by Trixie, and counter in mere seconds.

Terrain edge: Gilda

thats 2 points Gilda, what you got now

Um, yeah, you are totally off. I love DeathBattles, exactly because they are silly. Most matches people suggest would, if done seriously, be all about who can move the fastest(because Lightspeed>Mach 500, and Mach 20>Human speed).

I'm a Zelda fan, and Cloud is one of my least liked FF heroes.

That, on the other hand doesn't change the fact that Cloud still is capable of beating Link with ease.

You know who would actually have a shot at beating Cloud?

These 3:

img-1171944-1-raghnarok_6.jpg

And any of these 5:

img-1171944-2-witch_disney.jpg

im done debating with you because its pointless and your not going to change my mind

so please stop trying to prove your point, because i am firmly sticking by mine

and thats besides the fact that cloud can be ko'd multiple times in a story and you can still progress

for he is just a protagonist, not a MAIN protagonist, you have to consider the writing as well in these things

Edited by Staticthor Draconus
  • Brohoof 1

im done debating with you because its pointless and your not going to change my mind

So you are first attacking me, claiming I have an issue with a show when I don't, then you go "Lalalala can't hear you" when you get called out on it. Classy.

These characters above can beat Cloud. Why? Because the first group of characters are more durable than anything he's fought before, and the axe girl is actually capable of similar speeds to him. The second group has Mach 30+ reactions and several "One-hit kill"-spells.

im go right on and say that Gilda would win,

Many of the Trixie fans would say that magic is what will give Trixie the advantage. HOWEVER, she is much to cocky for it to work to her benefit, for magic is only good when the user is focused. And most of the tricks she uses are only for show rather than battle

Gilda has the raw speed that can be used for straight up offense. HOWEVER, her temper is her weak point. She is a berserker who will rampage when mad on the battle field. Yet one does not need to be as focused for melee as they do for magic. Claws and a beak help too.

Weapon edge: Gilda

Trixie is firmly planted to the ground. the only way she will get a field advantage is by using terra forming magic, which i doubt she knows.

Gilda has wings, she can easily avoid most attacks made by Trixie, and counter in mere seconds.

Terrain edge: Gilda

thats 2 points Gilda, what you got now

Trixie's biggest weak point would be her arrogance?  Wha?  There is nothing contained within arrogance that prevents focus.

Trixie's magic may be primarily illusory, but that can still do oh-so-much.  Of course, much of this depends on the context and these fight threads have no context given whatsoever.

Trixie's biggest weak point would be her arrogance?  Wha?  There is nothing contained within arrogance that prevents focus.

Trixie's magic may be primarily illusory, but that can still do oh-so-much.  Of course, much of this depends on the context and these fight threads have no context given whatsoever.

say trixie gets a lucky hit, then brags or tries to intimidate gilda imidiatly after, gilda was just given an opening to counter, and would mostlikely take it