Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid crap that people say when you tell them what a Brony is.

FIMChangedmylife72

I only have 1 person in real life who I would consider to be my friend.. Well probably zero now because he is a pony hater. He hates it when I talk about the show and outright refuses to watch any of it. The only explanation I can come up with is that he must be extremely insecure in his "manliness". All he ever does in his spare time is play first person shooters on his xbox, either that or watching R rated movies. Nowadays he wont even talk to me anymore. It's impossible to explain to him why the show is so great because he refuses to discuss it with me. I never realized how shallow he could be about things like this.

So yep, lose 1 insecure shallow friend, gain thousands of brony friends. I think I'll be fine. =)

My friend took it lightly and hasn't made fun of me yet... On the other hand my brother saw my desktop...

Posted Image

and said,"Nice backround." (sarcasticly)

Edited by Fox

So some guy overheard me talking about My Little Pony today and called me a faggot in front of my friends.

I wanted to buck him in the bag of cherries, if you get my meaning. But, I did not, because that's more or less the exact opposite of what we're supposed to take away from the show. Celestia would not approve.

So I just said something to the tune of "Your opinion, though unwelcome and undesired, has been noted. Kindly return to whatever it was you were doing before you rudely forced your way into my personal conversation."

I don't think I was quite that eloquent, actually. You know how being offended works, I'm sure. Fortunately, my fellow Bronies were there to back me up, and the altercation stopped there before it went further. Which was good, because in a fight, I'd have been less than useless anyway.

• Brohoof 2

Worst response I ever got was the: "Are you okay?" Look and: "Are you serious? But it's SOOOO stupid!" From my own BFF....My response? "You watch Nick Jr and your judging me?"

Three hours later she was a fledgling brony. All because of showing her Nightmare Moon and some episodes.

Thank you Luna!

• Brohoof 1

IKR! Just because it says "rainbow" doesn't necessary make it gay. I've heard that being the reason behind it quite often...

When did Rainbows come to being associated with that to begin with? You'd think that the pony with a Rainbow motif would be the most effeminate, but that's Dash for you, blowing expectations and subverting stereotypes!

So some guy overheard me talking about My Little Pony today and called me a faggot in front of my friends.

I wanted to buck him in the bag of cherries, if you get my meaning. But, I did not, because that's more or less the exact opposite of what we're supposed to take away from the show. Celestia would not approve.

So I just said something to the tune of "Your opinion, though unwelcome and undesired, has been noted. Kindly return to whatever it was you were doing before you rudely forced your way into my personal conversation."

I don't think I was quite that eloquent, actually. You know how being offended works, I'm sure. Fortunately, my fellow Bronies were there to back me up, and the altercation stopped there before it went further. Which was good, because in a fight, I'd have been less than useless anyway.

I wish I could say the same about being offended. When I feel seriously affronted, I lapse into Shakespearean prose and occasionally a Latin phrase, but that just gets others even angrier! I'm glad you didn't get into a scuffle, but a gang of bronies defending their friend from an ignorant thug would have been . . . satisfying.

Yeah they are probably aware of that. But i wouldnt be surprised if they felt that way. But i wouldnt care. gay isnt really an insult anyway

It may not be an insult, but it can still feel hurtful if you're straight.

My friends usually think im crazy to watch the show. Ive given up trying to explain to them because they arent the best of listeners. Unfortunately I got one of my friends to like it, but its more because he seems to always do whatever I do, which bothers me a lot. As to admitting to other people that im a brony, I have before told random people, they just mostly thought it was awkward but didnt really care. So far nobodies been downright mean, thankfully

In my opinion, the term of "bronies" should be non-existant. Not the people, the word. We are fans of something just like everyone else, we should not be referred to specially out of every other fanbase.

In my opinion, the term of "bronies" should be non-existant. Not the people, the word. We are fans of something just like everyone else, we should not be referred to specially out of every other fanbase.

Don't we need some sort of name to go by though, without the word Brony or some other label we would have to say "My Little Pony Fan" every time we wanted to say we are fans. To me it just makes it more convenient and if everyone was just "fans" how could we differentiate one fanbase from another. I am just curious as to why you feel this way?

Don't we need some sort of name to go by though, without the word Brony or some other label we would have to say "My Little Pony Fan" every time we wanted to say we are fans. To me it just makes it more convenient and if everyone was just "fans" how could we differentiate one fanbase from another. I am just curious as to why you feel this way?

It just seems like this fanbase is belittled.

It just seems like this fanbase is belittled.

Along with just about every other fanbase out there, gleeks, trekkies, whatever those Sherlock people are called, sonic fans, furries, the list goes on and on. As long is a there is a group of people united under a certain standpoint another group will form to polarize the argument for the sake of argument, humans like to do that sort of thing.

Most of my friends here don't get it, male or female. So far I've only converted two more bronies to the herd and no females. (That's still two more good fellas in the herd!) Most of my female friends look at me like I'm crazy and just dismiss it totally out of hand as a quirk of mine. Although there is hope, one of my gfs is supposed to come over this Saturday to watch the newest episode with me.

Also, I work as a bartender on the weekends. My boss is nice enough to let me bring in my laptop to do school work when it's slow at certain parts of the night. I have a sticker of AJ on my laptop back and he looked at it and laughed saying, "Misty you are so crazy." So I just smirked and replied, "Says the man who still has all of his Transformers, watch it you may like it." I go back in tonite for work so we'll see if he will actually take my advice. :)

For the most part I'm merely met with inquisitive and confused faces.

Seeing how my friends talk about MLP I would rather not let them know that i am a brony, but surprisingly enough my best friend actually has started to watch the show. :) Many people are quiet intolerant and narrow minded when it comes to something unusual, but thats how it has always been and will be, sadly.

TBH to respond to someone's out obnoxious comments, is to make fun of them back to make them feel bad about themselves. HOWEVER AS BRONIES we need to let people know ponies are cool. :lol:

Telling your friend your a bronie is a great way to find out if there a true friend, of he's a true friend he will accept it or even give it a try, of he's not he will probably say homophobic or other mean stuff to you ( like most of mine)

• Brohoof 1

I have been teased, insulted and belittled by my "friends" when i admitted to being a brony. Heres the thing, i dont mind. All it show me is ive got my work cut out to show them what theyre missing out on. Some of the messages you can get from the show are so meaningful and useful. What people dont realise is that mlp has evolved beyond a show, its a way of life. And it has helped people.

• Brohoof 2

no; it's just a well written and animated children's television programme

Well, it isn't JUST a well written show. People have the right to think otherwise, it is in the eye of the beholder. Ezynell can believe if it is a way of life: it could have saved him in certain situations, it could have made him feel happier, or it could have taught him something new. It all depends how you analyze the show. If you don't exactly absorb anything from the show, then that opinion is as fine as any other.

there have been some....."interesting" conversations my mum didn't even believe bronies were real till I showed her a video that explained them (I get really bad at talking when I get nervous) now she's cool with it. I showed her some pictures of them and she saw my desktop ponies and she thinks their kind of cute. my dad on the other hand doesn't understand about internet culture and phenomenons so it would be hard to explain.

as for my friends I have converted three, and put two other well on the way to becoming a brony. but then there’s the haters like this conversation for example.

I was walking outside on my school filed in a break with one of my good friends (who I converted) and this kid who I know but don't talk to comes up to us.

him: I heard a rumour you guys are bronies, is that true.

friend&me: well....yeah, why are you one?

him: what.. no!

me: seriously it's not what you think, you just have to have an open mind.

him: but it's for girls....how can you watch it?

friend: oh trust me we aren't alone, just do a google search and see what I mean.

him: but......but....well you're just obsessed anyway! (walks off)

me: well that was strange.

friend: yeah some people are just so intolerant, well their loss.

me: yeah.

• Brohoof 1

I can't really find any bronies at my school because I live in the ghetto,and also instead of telling them what a brony is.Let THEM find out what a brony is if they really care about it.Because if I try explaning this to someone.They end up getting the wrong idea.