Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think I'm obsessed.

Apple      Bloom

My grandmother told me the other day that she's worried about me because I'm so obsessed with ponies. She said it's all I ever do, and now that I think about it, she's kind of right. Whenever I'm at home I'm usually doing something pony related. She's a very devout Christian and she said it's like I'm worshiping them.

Now, I know she doesn't understand anything about fandoms and she doesn't know much about the brony community but still, all this got me a little concerned. Is it a bad thing to be an obsessive fan? I'm pretty much always thinking about ponies.

My average day:

Wake up, go on mlpforums chat, go to work, think about what I'm going to post/draw/etc, go for a walk while listening to the Bronyville podcast, go home, post ponies/browse art/music/fanfics/etc, go to bed.

So yeah, what do you think?

If it is not doing any harm and it makes you happy then don't worry, obsessions are only bad once they become unhealthy.

Take it from me, I used to deal with extreme OCD where I would obsess over counting things. I would feel anxious if I didn't, and it occupied a good portion of my thoughts. Something like that is unhealthy, ponies on the other hand are all in good fun! :)

What Tom said. If it makes you happy, then keep on keeping on. That being said, there's always a subjective line to be crossed with obsessions, subjective as in it varies from person to person where exactly that line is. Shouldn't be that way, it's unfair, but let's face it, people judge like that. As long as your happy and you maintain some level of social interaction*, then you're A-okay.

disclaimer: *my subjective opinion of what it means to stay away from that line.

Besides, you'll always have friends here. We love Tom despite his creepy Trixie obsession. *hugs Tom*

• Brohoof 1

As stated before, if you're having fun with it and if it doesn't really effect you in a negative way, why stop? Just go on and enjoy them ponies!

If your grandmother gives you grief about ponies, just say and give reasons about why you like ponies, and disprove any sort of mess that your grandmother thinks is true when you really know it's real.

But seriously, your grandmother thinks you worship ponies?

Well, think of it this way; if it makes you happy, it's not really an obsession, is it? People can't tell you what to do, you govern your own life. So long as you don't get driven to that point where all social interaction is void and ponies are literally your life, you're perfectly fine. Just science and logic your way out of anything people throw at you. Make Twilight proud. ^_^

Hell yes, I am obsessed. My family is saying, "All you care about is ponies" and I'm just like,

"kthxbye". I don't care what other people think, and I don't care if I am obsessed with ponies.

It's what I like, and it makes me happy. That's what matters.

Well, let's break down what you said, shall we?

Wake up 1, go on mlpforums chat 2, go to work 3, think about what I'm going to post/draw/etc 4, go for a walk while listening to the Bronyville podcast 5, go home, post ponies/browse art/music/fanfics/etc, go to bed 6.

1: Okay, I'm just being funny for including this one. You still get up, that's a good thing, right? :P

2: Chatting is social interaction. Social interaction is a good thing.

3: You hold a job. Someone who is too obsessed with the fandom would sit on their butt all day in front of their computers creen.

4: You draw, etc. Drawing is a creative outlet. Creativity is beneficial.

5: Going for a walk is excercise, a good thing.

6: Going to bed instead of staying up all night obsessing oer ponies is a good thing.

I wouldn't call you "obsessed", at least to the point of it being harmful. If anything, it's a very good thing since it motivates you to do these things, right?

• Brohoof 1

One question: Do you enjoy this time with ponies? If the answer is yes, then it doesn't matter if you are 'obsessed'. Your making it sound like a bad thing, when if your enjoying it all the time, then its really quite the opposite.

I think about ponies all the time now. Sometimes, it makes me grin like a moron in public for no reason, but who cares? If something can make me smile that much just by thinking about them, then im glad to be obsessed!

As stated before, if you're having fun with it and if it doesn't really effect you in a negative way, why stop? Just go on and enjoy them ponies!

If your grandmother gives you grief about ponies, just say and give reasons about why you like ponies, and disprove any sort of mess that your grandmother thinks is true when you really know it's real.

But seriously, your grandmother thinks you worship ponies?

She thinks of the fandom as almost a religious cult. It all started when I told her I was going to BronyCon. She said it was the stupidest decision I ever made. :( She kind of thinks of it like a religious gathering. She probably thinks I love ponies more than God. I tried to tell her it has nothing to do with religion, but she won't listen.

I'm not changing so she'll have to either accept it or not, but it makes me sad when she worries about me like that.

She thinks of the fandom as almost a religious cult. It all started when I told her I was going to BronyCon. She said it was the stupidest decision I ever made. :( She kind of thinks of it like a religious gathering. She probably thinks I love ponies more than God. I tried to tell her it has nothing to do with religion, but she won't listen.

I'm not changing so she'll have to either accept it or not, but it makes me sad when she worries about me like that.

Maybe tell/show her about all the charitable things bronies have done. There was that Christmas humble bundle pack thingy (I don't know what that was all about tbh lol) and what we did here for the children's hospital.

If doing x makes you happy and hurts nobody else.

I see no problem.

Tell her the "cult" donated $13000 to charity.

Talking sense into religious nuts is like trying to teach a wall how to jump though.

Edited by Legit101

I don't really mind what people think of me when I do stuff with ponies. My parents are afraid of me going out in public with pony stuff but I don't care because I don't really want to do stuff other people want you to do even if it makes them angry. If i'm obsessive with ponies awesome I've achieved my goal. I've changed my gamertag on xbox to be Sir Applejack, I watched season 1 countless times and I haven't regretted a single thing. I'm obsessed and proud.

Thanks for all the support, guys. It's just that what she said got me wondering if I'm taking it too far, but I do love what I do and i do have plenty of social interaction outside of ponies. I just hope I can convince her that it's all in good fun.