155 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

@@AnonBrony,

I KNOW THAt! But now it ended like that either alot of the beginings to se4 ep1 will be stupid, cause If she starts in ponyville Then what? she's just gunna live a normal life as a princess? and if they start in Canterlot then what happend to the main 6? did the move? does she live there?!

And that twicorn thingy was a bit silly. "well now you know what freindship is, which you practically knew since the first season, that APPARENTLY makes you a princess!

Imma mad now  :angry:

What Kind of cliffhanger was that?! Why was that a musical? WHY DID THEY IMPLIMENT TWICORN IN A NOT-SO-GOOD WAY?! WHY ARE THEY CALLING HER A PRINCESS?! DOES SHE RULE EQUESTRIA?! WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CLESTIA IF SHE DOES, OR THE MAIN 6?!

GODDAMIT HASBRO!

Dude, I cannot express my disappointment on this episode that you just did right there. I'd rate this episode a 3.5/10 

What's worse is that we have to wait 3-9 months to see what happens to the mane 6 afterwards. YOU KNOW I CAN'T BEAR TO WAIT THAT LONG!! I'D PROBABLY DEAD BY THEN!!!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know what to feel anymore... It's like I want to be happy for Twilight, but I'm afraid that the general consensus of the show with friendship might be changed, possibly even at the slightest. 

The musical theme of this whole episode was great! I loved all the songs, especially the "cutie mark switch" song. We got to hear Rarity sing, which is always welcome in my book.

-Overall, I can't wait for season 4. Perhaps the opening episodes of the season will shed more light on Twilight's evolution into an alicorn. 

• Brohoof 1

What Kind of cliffhanger was that?! Why was that a musical? WHY DID THEY IMPLIMENT TWICORN IN A NOT-SO-GOOD WAY?! WHY ARE THEY CALLING HER A PRINCESS?! DOES SHE RULE EQUESTRIA?! WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CLESTIA IF SHE DOES, OR THE MAIN 6?!

GODDAMIT HASBRO!

All questions shall be addressed in s4...

@@AnonBrony,

I KNOW THAt! But now it ended like that either alot of the beginings to se4 ep1 will be stupid, cause If she starts in ponyville Then what? she's just gunna live a normal life as a princess? and if they start in Canterlot then what happend to the main 6? did the move? does she live there?!

And that twicorn thingy was a bit silly. "well now you know what freindship is, which you practically knew since the first season, that APPARENTLY makes you a princess!

Imma mad now  :angry:

Why come to conclusion season 4 will not start off great? Since the next 2 episodes are considered to be part of this "three parter" I'm guessing everything is gonna be explained. Like maybe what the hell is is gonna happen next.

And she didn't become a princess because of that. Did you even pay attention? Perhaps you should just calm down. Shes a Princess because shes done many amazing things, and shes learned what it takes to be a princess. And shes created a spell. Something i bet a pony hasn't been able to do in a long time. Now i think of Princess-hood or Prince-hood almost like knighthood now. Still I'm not sure if just anypony can be a princess or prince. I guess Twi is just special.

But you still gotta have faith in the writers. I'm sure they will make season 4 great. Even her new wings and responsibility.

• Brohoof 2

anyone else think this episode was kind of rushed?

Also, i find it creepy how Celestia said "I've watched you since day one".. talk about a weirdo xD

but Celestia finally got a song, but speaking of songs, i thought there was too many songs in one episode.

Other wise, i liked it :P

I could find the episode on youtube and i really loved it! It was a little bit rushed but loved it anyway!

The writers made the alicorn twilight idea the least hateable, of course i prefer the regular unicorn twilight we all love but it was fine.

I cried a lot, the music in this episode was BRILLIANT! We have to wait until season 4 to see what happens next, but it seems the transformation is going to be permanent.

Dude, I cannot express my disappointment on this episode that you just did right there. I'd rate this episode a 3.5/10 

What's worse is that we have to wait 3-9 months to see what happens to the mane 6 afterwards. YOU KNOW I CAN'T BEAR TO WAIT THAT LONG!! I'D PROBABLY DEAD BY THEN!!!

Why rate it so low? I believe it severed its purpose..of course it leaves speculation, but that was the goal all along.

Terrible. While I love the songs in MLP this was not a coronation or anything. Twas just a very long musical. I think at the very minimum they could have made it more difficult for twilight to write the spell. Or at least more interesting. Twilight becoming an Alicorn isnt even. The problem anymore. They should have made the title "Season 4 teaser musical". Well.... let the season 4 speculation begin.

• Brohoof 2

Can you say best episode ever? BEST EPISODE EVER!  :lol:  Just caught the new episode, and it went beyond my expectations for it! I was all for Twilight becoming a princess, even when it was just a rumour. But now I can say for certain, that this is my favourite episode so far.

This makes me excited and happy for the next season, which will most likely be as amazing. I'm so excited now, I can't wait for season 4!  :D

• Brohoof 2

anyone else think this episode was kind of rushed?

Also, i find it creepy how Celestia said "I've watched you since day one".. talk about a weirdo xD

but Celestia finally got a song, but speaking of songs, i thought there was too many songs in one episode.

Other wise, i liked it :P

Indeed it was a bit rushed, two mind-blowing plots in 22mins? But the episode kept a nice pace to it...

Why rate it so low? I believe it severed its purpose..of course it leaves speculation, but that was the goal all along.

Well it's just a matter of opinion. I thought that this episode would be far better than I expected, but I was dead wrong. I don't really like how it was extremely rushed and that a bunch of songs was stuffed into it. I expected this episode to have more "meat" and not just "fluff".

@@AnonBrony,

Oh no i have trust in them. They made Keep calm and flutter on!

But still just... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh 

Heheheh.... then maybe you should "keep clam and flutter on" then huh?

Just relax. I don't care if you don't think the episode was good but don't even assume everything will be bad. I'm sure Season 4 will clear things up. But its gonna be a long time 'till then. This is gonna be a difficult storm to weather but I'm positive once season 4 airs everything will be back to normal. Hell even Unicon might clear things up since i'm sure EVERYONE is gonna ask about season 3.

• Brohoof 2

I nearly forgot about this, but Twilight's speech near the end reminded me a bit of that one speech by Lou Gehrig due to that "luckiest pony in Equestria" line. I doubt it was an intentional reference, but I found it interesting.

And one more thing—here's a GIF of Derpy winking to us:

3e8.gif

• Brohoof 4

I think there's no doubting that this episode was kind of rushed, and would have been better as a two-parter. But given the episode length they were working with and the massive ambitious project they took on with this episode, I think it was pretty good.

All the songs were excellent, there wasn't a single one that made me sigh and shake my head. They were beautiful. As a person who's had a falling out with anything musical-related, saying that this one didn't rub me the wrong way is something significant.

I wish season 4 could have opened with the coronation, so that this episode could have taken more time with the destiny-swapping plot. Ideally for me this episode would have ended with Twilicorn, and had that as its cliffhanger.

However, I don't think they could have downplayed any aspect of this episode. Making a big deal about the princess coronation really put me in the right mindset for an over-the-top, cheerful musical episode. Without all those expectations going in, I think it would have been kind of a weird episode.

Choking on liquid pride for little our Twiley.

TL;DR: Too fast, yes, but still great. 7.5/10 for me.

• Brohoof 3

Terrible. While I love the songs in MLP this was not a coronation or anything. Twas just a very long musical. I think at the very minimum they could have made it more difficult for twilight to write the spell. Or at least more interesting. Twilight becoming an Alicorn isnt even. The problem anymore. They should have made the title "Season 4 teaser musical". Well.... let the season 4 speculation begin.

Yes the Cutie Mark switching was my favorite part. But the goal really was Twi becoming a princess, so all else was cut to a minimum.

Something has happened!

Twilight Sparkle evolved into Princess Twilight Sparkle.

So the only ponys able to creat magic are Alicorn Princesses...wait, now. That would mean Starswirl was merely collecting spells, not really making any of his own. I feel sorry for Starswirl now

Switched cutie marks was really funny, though the solution seemed a bit rushed and easy.

But meh, look how proud Twilight's parents were , Plus Shining's "liquid pride"

Now we all have to wait for season 4 to come our way, and I am happy that there is no cliffhanger remaining unsolved until...whenever season 4 starts

• Brohoof 1

Okay, this one had too much songs to be honest but I guess it's fine since we really didn't have that many songs in season 3.  This episode was great overall.  Though, that's going to be a long wait for season 4...  Well, I survived the wait for season 3 (barely...).

Well it's just a matter of opinion. I thought that this episode would be far better than I expected, but I was dead wrong. I don't really like how it was extremely rushed and that a bunch of songs was stuffed into it. I expected this episode to have more "meat" and not just "fluff".

No I expected this, there no way you can fit all "meat" inside a 22min episode with 2 tremendous events. Thus the song was used as a filler to speed up the process of story telling. (which I thought was very clever). This was a focus/setup episode for Princess Sparkle, it did a wonderful job addressing the key points with all that "fluff".

• Brohoof 1

I nearly forgot about this, but Twilight's speech near the end reminded me a bit of that one speech by Lou Gehrig due to that "luckiest pony in Equestria" line. I doubt it was an intentional reference, but I found it interesting.

And one more thing—here's a GIF of Derpy winking to us:

3e8.gif

Yay for Derpy! Nice catch!

The "luckiest pony in Equestria" line was lifted from Lou Gehrig's farewell speech almost entirely verbatim. I doubt they accidentally stumbled into that reference.

• Brohoof 3

I personally thought it was a decent episode.  The songs were good, I would also agree that the episode was a bit short on time when it comes to explaining the situation during the first half of the episode.  Now I have a question:

Is Princess Celestia a Planeswalker? 

Idk that scene with Twilight and Celestia in the nether, makes me wonder what other powers she has at her disposal. 

Edited by Musketeer341

Something has happened!

Twilight Sparkle evolved into Princess Twilight Sparkle.

So the only ponys able to creat magic are Alicorn Princesses...wait, now. That would mean Starswirl was merely collecting spells, not really making any of his own. I feel sorry for Starswirl now

Switched cutie marks was really funny, though the solution seemed a bit rushed and easy.

But meh, look how proud Twilight's parents were , Plus Shining's "liquid pride"

Now we all have to wait for season 4 to come our way, and I am happy that there is no cliffhanger remaining unsolved until...whenever season 4 starts

Thats not necessarily true. If you remember Zecora is able to do magic. If it is because she is a Zebra or an Herbalist not really sure. The episode has given the whole "Discord is Starswirl" thing a little merit.

Ok... so my question remains:

PRINCESS OF WHAT, EXACTLY?!?!?!

Mine's not "liquid pride", it's "liquid confusion"!!!!!!!

D:

Is she taking over Equestria? Is she replacing Luna and Celestia? If Starswirl was so awesome, why did he suck so bad? WTF?!?!?!?!?! (What the friendship is going on?!?!?)

This episode didn't ANSWER anything!!!! Waaaaaaah!

• Brohoof 2

Dear God this was rushed as fuck. It needed to be a two parter desperately. Not enough time for the cutie mark swap, not enough time for Twilight to figure out a cure in a satisfying way, and not enough time for the coronation either. This was just an all around disappointing episode.

Edited by Emerald Flame
  • Brohoof 3