NavelColt

155 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

So? That doesn't change the fact that this part was rushed beyond redemption. This part needed to be longer, adding more onto it isn't going to make up for that.

i loved the hell outta "this part" lol

that's tv for ya, you only get 22 min for a 30 min show

it wasn't bad at all, hell we got 7 NEW SONGS! (can't WAIT for the remixes!)

and Twilight didn't even FLY...that means she might have to LEARN to fly before lalalalalala...hey look i fly instantly!

this was better than S1's finale (not S2 though)

and was in no way the worst episode of the whole show (not by a long shot)

I'm sure we all know what to do...... well, there is one part i agree with.

The episode felt like it was INDEED made for little girls. Becoming a princess without any sensible reason; What every 6 year old girl wants.

Twilight was studying as princess Celestia's apprentice... wasn't that the reason?  Just like a President-elect trains for a year to be President of an organization.  So she achieved her dream job.... why so much hate?  geez 

• Brohoof 3

At first I was like, "Ohcrap".

And then I was like, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE"

But then I stopped and was like, "Maybe I just need to get used to this."

And now I'm like, "I need a little time but I think I'll be ok."

The songs were badass, by the way.

Edited by Bluebell
  • Brohoof 3

. but i guess he had no friends so not alicorn powers for him

You should consider he perhaps didn't have the qualities either.. As explained by Celestia; Charity, compasion, devotion, integrity, optimism and leadership are required aswell and yes, she gained some of these traits because of her friends.. but some people don't have them or can gain them at all.. he could be one of those people and may have been one of the reasons he didn't become a Alicorn.

(Despite from the fact they seem to be female exclusive.  :huh: )

Edited by Floris

i loved the hell outta "this part" lol

that's tv for ya, you only get 22 min for a 30 min show

it wasn't bad at all, hell we got 7 NEW SONGS! (can't WAIT for the remixes!)

and Twilight didn't even FLY...that means she might have to LEARN to fly before lalalalalala...hey look i fly instantly!

this was better than S1's finale (not S2 though)

and was in no way the worst episode of the whole show (not by a long shot)

Glad you enjoyed it. And I agree that this wasn't the worst episode of the show, MMDW will always hold that title. However, this debate isn't going to change either of our opinions about it, so let's just agree to disagree here.

Can

someone post a link to the episode please? I honestly can't find it

anywhere on youtube! (And no, I can't watch it on the Hub as I don't

live in the US)

Equestria Daily will always have links to the newest episode in HD. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/magical-mystery-cure.html#idc-container

Edited by Emerald Flame
  • Brohoof 2

Can someone post a link to the episode please? I honestly can't find it anywhere on youtube! (And no, I can't watch it on the Hub as I don't live in the US)

Not that I watched this or anything like that. Cuz I'm a real man.

• Brohoof 1

Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT. I so wish it was a two-parter because it felt like it needed a little more run time, but oh man what was there was just really really great. I would be so okay with this being the last episode if the show had ended, because it ended on such a high, wonderful note.

...okay, I wish we'd seen Discord hanging around the castle but you know, that's just me being a picky fangirl.

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, even my friend's little sister was disgusted by this episode when they came over to watch it. At least it seemed like it. How old was she? I don't know. Like five...? And a half? Yeah. Seriously. She looked up at us after watching finale wondering what the buck just happened. Oh I'd never forget this moment

• Brohoof 2

Twilight was studying as princess Celestia's apprentice... wasn't that the reason?  Just like a President-elect trains for a year to be President of an organization.  So she achieved her dream job.... why so much hate?  geez 

I think i have all the right to hate on this episode. I could ask the same thing 'Why so much love?"

And this isn't America; This is Equestria.

Edited by Quip es #1
  • Brohoof 1

Hell she was ONLY studying for this final test for what..3 seasons...oh wait, that IS a pretty long time

considering some shows don't even get a 2nd season

A WAR or a big FIGHT is coming

reasons why?

Celestia is hanging out with the Arabian horses (diff Country)

she releases Discord so she can use his magic in the future

and lets not forget that Chrysalis and Sombra are still out there

I mean come on...its pretty damn obvious..

Edited by RaptorART

To be honest I liked the episode. Ya if Hasbro catered food like they cater to fans they could feed half of Africa, but that is beside the point. the plot was decent and the ending a little predictable but still nice. I only have two major qualms with this episode.

1. Its like the tried to take two episodes and mash them together. The destiny switch and the alicorn change could have been two separate episodes in my opinion. The Alicorn Change should have been a season or series finally. Not thrown in half way in the season. (unless there are only 13 episodes this season.)
  2. The amount of song was a little much. Ya a good song here and there is not bad. But they went over the top your air time of song should not be double the air time of actual talk. I did like the "This is What My Cutie-Mark is Telling Me" song but they just went overboard with the songs.

Other then that a pretty good episode

And even if we did not want it, The fact that the producers went into the fanon and found what was popular shows that at least they are trying to do what we like and not just dismissing us as a random group of people like most major shows do. I commend them for that.

Edited by irobern2857
  • Brohoof 2

There won't be a next season. I heard Hub is cutting that garbage.

That's really funny considering we've already seen proof of at least season 4!  Trolls should really check into stuff before the troll about it. 

Hell she was ONLY studying for this final test for what..3 seasons...oh wait, that IS a pretty long time

considering some shows don't even get a 2nd season

A WAR or a big FIGHT is coming

reasons why?

Celestia is hanging out with the Arabian horses (diff Country)

she releases Discord so she can use his magic in the future

and lets not forget that Chrysalis and Sombra are still out there

I mean come on...its pretty damn obvious..

She was a filly when she got her cutie mark and was chosen by Celestia... She's been training almost her whole life.  Seems like enough for me.  I want to see what kind of princess she can be!

• Brohoof 2

but i guess he had no friends so not alicorn powers for him :/

Best quote I've seen on these forums, aside from the typos.

To be fair, being bland isn't boring. It's also a sense of being natural to everything.

"Quick to listen, slow to speak", I believe the saying goes.

On topic,

You all do know that in the entire series, plot progressions have only been ideally measured for 2 episodes at most at the start and end of each season? (unless S3 ends with 13. hope not)

What's wrong with a massive plot jump in a nice episode with lovely songs and a beautiful ending?

Unexpected plot? You already knew how it was to end and how every episode involves "A -> B -> Yay Happy End"

What's changed?

p.s. what Twilight did would NOT have been the first thing I tried, clearly.

I would've tried the spell again to randomize everyone again to see if it might work.

so this is a musical all of a suddon, ok the twlight with wings isn't all that bad.. It deffently will make season 4 intresting. R34 will have a field day with this as well..

The Music ponies have a lot of new music alone in this ep for remixing and meshing up

show had some funny moments in it

Are you crying? no Its liquid Pride... (Im soo stealing that next time)

Hold on a second. Gulp gulp gulp... spits water out...WOW lmfao

pinky%20gulp.gif

pinky%20ride.gif

Edited by MadDoggyca

I really, really enjoyed that. Liquid pride, alicorn party, RD almost getting cooked, AJs attempt at a dress... Just brilliant.

Also Celestia's song!! So gorgeous. The one thing I'm not keen on is how Twilight's bigger than the rest now, I know that's what Alicorns are but it's weird seeing such a cute lil pony now be the biggest in the group.

I didn't even notice this!! holy crap, that's what the book was! did anybody else even notice or think about this? cause I sure didn't

attachicon.gifh05EEB544.jpg

Yeah I thought that was pretty obvious. I like the reference to the previous episode, I guess that's why she's been practicing spells that switch things. (Apple to orange). I'm glad we finally saw what was in the book.

• Brohoof 1

Well that begins the many month wait until the next part according to megan mc carthy's twitter

I really, really enjoyed that. Liquid pride, alicorn party, RD almost getting cooked, AJs attempt at a dress... Just brilliant.

Also Celestia's song!! So gorgeous. The one thing I'm not keen on is how Twilight's bigger than the rest now, I know that's what Alicorns are but it's weird seeing such a cute lil pony now be the biggest in the group.

Yeah I thought that was pretty obvious. I like the reference to the previous episode, I guess that's why she's been practicing spells that switch things. (Apple to orange). I'm glad we finally saw what was in the book.

I wouldn't really say shes bigger then the rest.. atlest the artest at the studio did the decent thing and kept her the same size that she ways is,  they jsut added wings.. meh rainbow and fluttershy have wings... I honesty doute there will be much of a  change in her personality, not much of a change in looks ether to be honest. basicly the only ting that did change is now she can fly...

I have to admit that I expected, well, more. I mean, I have no problem with Twilicorn... how it will be in the next season we'll see, but I'm quite optimistic they'll get it right. It's more the episode itself... I missed something like a plot point. Ok, Twilight happened to create a mess, then she fixed it... it could make an episode, but instead it's only the first half while the second mostly consists of might and magic, singing and grouphugging... and the transformation including explaination. I even liked the whole might and magic, singing and grouphugging and transformation stuff somehow; but for the storywriting I definetly am used to better from every other episode I could think of.

I also didn't like that it began with an instant song... by the way, is it just me or may they have changed Twilight's singing voice? Sounded a bit strange to me. There were relatively many songs in this episode, but for a final I think it's ok. In my opinion it might have been better as a two-parter with more tension and more motivation about the transfromation, like a thread Twilight needed to increase her powers against...

So as a resume, it was an episode, it wasn't the end of the world but not the highlight of FiM either. I'm fine with it.

And I just loved how the first thing Twilight asked after being named a princess was: "Is there a book about being a princess I should read?" ^_^

In this spirit, long live Princess Twilight!

Edited by LeoPrism
  • Brohoof 1

My god, was that ever anticlimactic. I've never had problems that were too big with a single episode in this show's history before, but I think that's now changed a little.

First, the songs. I liked some of them, didn't like others. That sad song in the middle was probably my favorite, albeit kind of unnecessary considering how it was obvious the writers wanted their audience to feel already. But "True True Friend" was even more unnecessary, and I think solving the issue at hand in the episode could have been done without it to a much better effect on the viewer.

Next, the pacing. It really could have been so much better if they made it two episodes. It's like EVERYONE'S CUTIE MARKS ARE SWITCHED OH I FIXED IT HEY GUESS WHAT YOU'RE THE NEW PRINCESS THE END (but we'll get to that later).

Next, the big hoopla surrounding this episode: the Twilicorn controversy, something that I thought was equally ridiculous and intriguing somehow. It definitely wasn't executed as poorly as I expected it to be (which I gave DHX and company the benefit of the doubt for) but it still could have been way better. They could have made it so that the deciding factor of her coronation wasn't something as simple as writing a spell (I mean come on, Starswirl, rhyming isn't all that difficult). In addition, season four has (apparently) been quasi-confirmed, so I have no idea how this show will continue now that its central focus is basically a demigod.

This episode gets my personal rating of 6/10. Given what we were given, I wasn't presented anything to make me hate this episode, but it was just so uneventful.

EDIT: That liquid pride joke was really funny though.

Edited by ToBeATree
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to be honest. This episode sucked. Absolutely nothing happened. Nobody learned anything!

Oh, Applejack, you work on the farm? No shit.

Oh, Rainbow Dash, you clear weather? You don't say?

Oh, Pinkeh Pie, you like making people smile? NO WAY!

Oh, Fluttershy, you're good with animals? REALLY?! I HAD NO IDEA!

Oh, Rarity, you make clothes? I couldn't have guessed!

Hey guys, I should write a letter to Celestia because I LEARNED SO FREAKEN MUCH FROM THIS EPISODE!

Seriously, what was the point of all of that? There was none. No lesson was learned. There was no character development. All they did was give Twilight wings. That was literally the only point of the episode.

ALSO WTF?! PINKEH WASN'T EVEN IN THE EPISODE! She didn't have a part in the song AGAIN! It's Winter Wrap Up all over again! All she did was bounce around and told unfunny jokes. I have not noticed how much Season 3 fucked up her character until today.

So... What happens now? We don't know! What kingdom is she princess of? Will she still be with her friends? What about Spike? What about Ponyville? What happens next? The Mane 6's friendship is static. It's not growing, it remains the same. If their friendship doesn't grow and develop, then what's the point of the show?

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next... I've tried to be optimistic about Season 3 and Twilicorn, but damn, after seeing this... It's pretty hard to be optimistic.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 5

"Sniffle" :(  "Sniffle" :(  :(

I.....I.....I can't believe it.

I don't normally ask this sort of question, but did anyone else cry or get a bit misty eyed during or after the episode like I did? 

Anyway.......the finale. In my opinion, it was a spectacular masterpiece! The songs made the episode what it is, plus with the addition of Princess Celestia finally getting a musical piece really made the finale for me, even to the point I broke down in tears. 

Yes, I'm not kidding here. That song actually got me to break down down and start crying. Something that has never done in 21 years. The last time this happened was when I watched The Muppets take Manhattan back in 1992 on television and I ended up in an emotional mess at the end by watching the ending scene and was moved by how well it was made.

This happened to be the case again this time round. 

Bravo M.A Larson for a spectacular well written finale.

A standing ovation for Nicole Oliver for making me, and many others worldwide cry like I did. That was a spectacular performance, including the song number!

And last but not least, a big bravo to all of the production team!
  • Brohoof 2