How Did Your Favorite Pony Become Your Favorite Pony?

Shanks

It depends different people have different favorites for different reasons, some because they relate to them, find them an interesting character or find traits they find admirable all 3 or even another reason entirely. I chose Applejack because there was something I liked about her from the start, I couldn't figure out what at first but the list of reasons just kept on growing and still is today. Of course eventually Luna and Twilight gave Applejack some competition but I tend to fanboy alot more over Applejack because she was the first I started to like which does make her special and because she is so insanely underrated.

• Brohoof 2

Originally I didn't have a favorite pony, it was just a matter of which ones I didn't like. Then, I finally decided on Lyra because I once had a hilarious moment a long time ago where I had this really weird lucid dream where Lyra and I were in this huge city trying to find this drug lord or some criminal and I left her behind at this bar while we split up looking for answers. I woke up and was instantly like, "CRAP! I LEFT LYRA BACK AT THE-" then I realized it was a dream. It was so funny because I actually legitimately got anxious about it before realizing was a dream. Needless to say, I laughed. :D

Also, I love the fandom about her being obsessed with humans because I love the parallel universe aspect where she is picked on by ponies for liking humans, much like bronies are IRL for liking ponies. I know a lot of bronies hate this fandom but I love it.

Lol I love your comment, lol ur dream is interesting

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

She's a lot like me in a way^

It isn't hard.

Just go with the pony you feel the most. Don't second guess yourself; just watch the show and find which one gives you the most enjoyment.

Does it have to be like, far and away a singular pony, like me? Nahh.

You don't even really need a favorite :D

Just think about which one you enjoy to see the most of, and there's your best :D

Exactly :) I realized that Applejack is my favorite, when I saw that I care about her more than about other characters. I always wait for episodes and scenes with her and I would like to have a friend like AJ.

• Brohoof 3

Fan of Applejack? Join us! We have the best cider from Sweet Apple Acres! :D

applejack_fan_button__requested__by_supe

ORANGESEXY IS THE BEST PONY!

I'm a sucker for cute things so when I got into the show, Pinkie Pie stuck out from the rest of the Mane 6 because of her cute and cheerful personality but Derpy has a special place in my heart as well.

Moral of the story: Choose whichever pony you feel sticks out from the rest to you.

Edited by techpony44
  • Brohoof 1

Find something about yourself and see if any pony has that same quality or if that pony has to do with that thing. Vinyl Scratch became my favorite pony because before. I watched MLP I was really into EDM(still am). After catching up with the show(it was last year), I just looked around at the fan-made stuff and I ran into Epic Wub Time. I watched it and then Vinyl Scratch officially became my favorite pony. Her obnoxious and irrational life-style really appealed to me next to her wubs and such.

• Brohoof 1

dincn3n.jpg?2

Before I actually started liking the show (sometime last year), I had liked Rainbow Dash because she classified herself as cool. A little bit later after declaring myself a brony, I had started to like Pinkie Pie because of her crazy antics and randomness which is me. Rainbow Dash is runner-up. That is for mane 6. Overall pony is Luna because she is the younger sibling, just like me, and her banishment to the moon, which I would consider a punishment, is also just like me since i'm always getting the unfair treatment.

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 1

Well they are all cute! Hmm well I am quiet until you get to know me, I am actually pretty calm but clumsy a lot, I really act like Vinyl when I'm around friends, I act like Pinkie when I'm alone. I wish I was a hard worker like AJ, I'm shy like Fluttershy, but not that shy, I try to act cool like RD, I'm smart like Twilight, I'm sophisticated like Rarity, I feel like Luna most of the time because I feel like I don't understand who I really am, I love Trixie just because I love people who speak in third person, I like Daring Do because of her eyes and adventurous, fiery spirit, I like Lyra because of her color scheme and the whole thing about being interested in humans, I like BonBon because she's BonBon, I like Vinyl because Wub a dub dub mofo and she's vinylicious, I like Spitfire because she is cool as a wonderbolt and she's a boss in the wonderbolt academy episode, I like Sweetie Belle cuz she's sooooooooooooooo adorable, and I like Diamond Tiara because of her attitude, I love episodes with DT in it. Also Miss Cheerilee! Who doesn't love our favorite teach? Sorry about the long paragraph lol

Edited by Scarlet Letter

I hate to admit it but Rarity used to be a pony I was completely indifferent about, but Art of the Dress was always my favorite song and the more I listened to it, the more I felt I could relate to her. After really looking at the mane six and thinking about them, I realized that I'm very much like her and because I'm a bit egotistical, I like me! And therefore like characters like me. Also, that is one cute horse!

• Brohoof 1

image_zpse399e31b.jpg

What fun is there in making sense?

Please take the time to check out my Etsy Shop or help support my art on Patreon

I hate to admit it but Rarity used to be a pony I was completely indifferent about, but Art of the Dress was always my favorite song and the more I listened to it, the more I felt I could relate to her. After really looking at the mane six and thinking about them, I realized that I'm very much like her and because I'm a bit egotistical, I like me! And therefore like characters like me. Also, that is one cute horse!

Glad to hear u found ur bias

Relatability is overrated, why would anyone want to watch someone who is like them over someone more interesting? It's not like you'll ever meet these characters. Judge based on writing quality, how interesting the character is, how multifacted and complex they are. And how good they feel when they are both in and out of the spotlight.

Personally of the characters I relate to the most, only one of them is even in my top 3, and my favorite character (Rarity) I barely relate to at all.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

RARITY IS THE BEST PONY EVER 

Relatability is overrated,
You're dead wrong. One of the most important things about relatability is the capability to connect themselves to that character. By relating to the character more, they can really connect to their psyche and feel for that character. That's one of the biggest reasons why so many characters are so likeable, from Twilight to Rarity to Dash to Derpy to Luna, and a reason why there's a large range of favorite characters: They can connect with specific characters more than others.

And that's partially what I look for when choosing my most favorite character. Other factors include:

1. Potential: What can the writers do to make him or her so memorable? It's one of the reasons why Fluttershy, Derpy, and Celestia are so high up. They have the potential to be great characters, but aren't given the chance, sometimes by the writers, other times by the higher-ups.
  2. Concept: Every character has a background concept, usually developed by the writers. Is the concept thoroughly sound, and is it executed well? This is why Sunset Shimmer's canon personality is INFURIATING! Her background concept is interesting, but she's objectively a one-dimensional, generic "character."
  3. Three-dimensionality: How rich in personality is the character? Deep, well-rounded characters make for memorable characters. Rarity may be among the bottom three of my favorite Mane Six, but she's rich in personality, especially if done right. The same for Rainbow Dash, one of my top ten characters and the most complex Mane Six character.
  • Brohoof 2

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4

lol Fluttershy is my favorite because I relate alot to her. Some of my irl friends say they like Rarity because 'she has class' xD

• Brohoof 1

fsconceptsig.jpg

Add me on Steam! Nightbound Glaceon~ :ph34r:

At first Dashie was my fave pony. I loved her colour scheme and rainbowness. But then my attention turned to my now fave pony (and Waifu) Fluttershy. She just reminds me of me sooo much.

P.S. Dashie is still my 2nd fave pegasus.

P.P.S.My overall 2nd fave pony is Octavia or Spitfire.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy's lover, she's my waifu. I'm in love and obsessed with her, she's given me shyabetes. *Hnnnng*

Keep3555Calmsig600x100HOBOFont_zpsd659ba 

Yellow Pink Squee Blogs | Ask one of Fluttershy's biggest fans | Official Fluttershy fanclub page

I know, but I want one sole pony to admire

That's entirely up to you, if you want to chose, go with gut instinct. Either way you can't go wrong, there is no right or wrong answer.

I myself happen to love Rarity the most out of the main 6 for many reasons.

• Brohoof 1

Help me, I still can't choose my favorite :(

certainly.

I went with flutter shy because she was (was) to cute not to like.

you judge the ponies by their actions, their faults and strengths,

keep and open mind, and be prepared to accept a new favorite based on how the ponies develope.

Under no circumstance should you blindly fallow and defend any pony

I know, but I want one sole pony to admire

who's your favorite this season?

• Brohoof 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvTYhrZUgYY

flight to the finish. i continue to improve,

certainly.

I went with flutter shy because she was (was) to cute not to like.

you judge the ponies by their actions, their faults and strengths,

keep and open mind, and be prepared to accept a new favorite based on how the ponies develope.

Under no circumstance should you blindly fallow and defend any pony

who's your favorite this season?

its a tie between fluttershy, pinkie, and AJ

I choose my favorite because of the design and personality 

I love the way Cloudchasers mane looks, I also love pegasi they look cool and are able do everything in the world that unicorns do except magic, also the pegasus race can walk on clouds, thats pretty awesome :3

http://youtu.be/OJMpGe0MDd4

yay for cloudchaser

TOO7wqs.png

made by me in 10 seconds flat :)

its a tie between fluttershy, pinkie, and AJ

for season 4?

Que?

I feel like pinkies air balled alot in season 4, but i keep her top three because the writing staff is trying with her.

Sure it's mostly fail but i appreciate their trying.

Flutters hasn't been nearly as fun as she's been in the first 3 seasons for me, she hasn't had like that great meme moment thus far.

as for aj

outside of busting raritys hump in the last episode

i think she needs more work.

I'd favor pinkie objectively of those 3 for effort

I choose my favorite because of the design and personality 

I love the way Cloudchasers mane looks, I also love pegasi they look cool and are able do everything in the world that unicorns do except magic, also the pegasus race can walk on clouds, thats pretty awesome :3

http://youtu.be/OJMpGe0MDd4

yay for cloudchaser

I'd like to think my favorite pony could look like a bad oc mixed with throw up if she was fun to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvTYhrZUgYY

flight to the finish. i continue to improve,

Why do you need to pick a favourite? Why not just watch and enjoy the show and all the characters?.

When I first started off I just liked all the characters equally: then one day I watched a Scootaloo episode and just fell completely in love with her character for whatever reason.

You're dead wrong. One of the most important things about relatability is the capability to connect themselves to that character. By relating to the character more, they can really connect to their psyche and feel for that character. That's one of the biggest reasons why so many characters are so likeable, from Twilight to Rarity to Dash to Derpy to Luna, and a reason why there's a large range of favorite characters: They can connect with specific characters more than others.

And that's partially what I look for when choosing my most favorite character. Other factors include:

1. Potential: What can the writers do to make him or her so memorable? It's one of the reasons why Fluttershy, Derpy, and Celestia are so high up. They have the potential to be great characters, but aren't given the chance, sometimes by the writers, other times by the higher-ups.
  2. Concept: Every character has a background concept, usually developed by the writers. Is the concept thoroughly sound, and is it executed well? This is why Sunset Shimmer's canon personality is INFURIATING! Her background concept is interesting, but she's objectively a one-dimensional, generic "character."
  3. Three-dimensionality: How rich in personality is the character? Deep, well-rounded characters make for memorable characters. Rarity may be among the bottom three of my favorite Mane Six, but she's rich in personality, especially if done right. The same for Rainbow Dash, one of my top ten characters and the most complex Mane Six character.

I connect to characters If I enjoy and judge them to be better than others, relating to them does not come into it for me at all, they do not need to be like me, I don't find myself to be particularly interesting so why would I want a character I think is similar to me.

Fluttershy having potential with such a weak weak archetype? Derpy being an actual character and not a mess of contradicting fanconcepts (the same could be said of fanon around Luna) don't make me laugh. Besides's I do not consider potential without execution to matter much, if a character has theoretical potential but it is not acted upon, they cannot be considered a great character because just as theoretically future execution could be terrible. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

RARITY IS THE BEST PONY EVER