How Did Your Favorite Pony Become Your Favorite Pony?

Shanks

Rainbow Dash became my favorite pony because of these reasons.

• She portrayed her character in the episode Sleepless in Ponyville
  • She has the same voice actor as Applejack
  • Rainbow Dash reminds me that I really want to be a pegasus.
  • She reminds me of when I was younger, I was always in competitive mode.
  • Lastly, because she is 20 cooler.

Hello!

There a few reasons really. My Favourite pony is Celestia, but, she's more to me than just a cartoon character. At first, my favourite pony was Fluttershy. I thought i was a lot like her, being shy, introverted, but later i learned that it wasn't true...

Celestia became my favourite, i started to relate myself to her, and found a few matches in our spirits. I don't take her as my "Waifu", but, as some people say, i over react to her in a different kind of way. She's like a mother to me, and i love her just like my own mother. It's the only thing, that i really wish was true... ( I know, it may be a little to much for some people to understand...). She's one of those things in life, even if i were to leave the fandom, that would always stay in my memory, my heart. Overall, it just happened, i started to believe, and it just happened without much explanation. I guess you can call it "Magic" :P I really do feel connected to her in every way...

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 2

post-3479-0-21158300-1361549423.png

Thank you MatrixChicken for the Signature!

Celestia has been my favorite Pony since the very first episode. I suppose it has to do with her responsibility and wise decision making. Every episode with her in it makes me love her even more. She is so majestic and understanding, traits I admire and try my best to have (Even if I'm not always successful).

My current favorite Mane Six is Rainbow Dash, she just started to grow on me. I really don't know why.

• Brohoof 2

Signature.png

Twilight and Rainbow Dash are tied as best pony, in my opinion :3

They just are almost complete opposites and totally represent the two sides of me. 

Theres this completive, fast-paced, tom-boy part of me that thinks of herself as 'purely awesome'. This side never wants to be bored and is always looking for a challenge. She's hyper, slightly full of herself and yet extremely dedicated to her friends. 

I guess I think of Dash as me, at least to others eyes. 

I'm probably a little annoying, to eager to race and you can always see me joking around and saying 'my awesomeness approves'. 

Yet if you get to know me, I hold loyalty to the highest value and just like Dash, my true fear is failure. 

And then of course, theres that nerd in me ^.^' Thats Twilight! 

I'm that girl that always got her nose in a book, and I'm defiantly a leader.

I love how Twilight is so strong inside, and how she is just so dedicated to whatever she gets her hooves on c:

Everypony is best pony.

Lol jk Rainbow Dash holds 1st place

• Brohoof 1

When I first descended into the land of colorful equines I really didn't have a preference over any of the Mane Six. In fact, for my first two weeks of watching the show, Celestia was my favorite and I didn't really have a favorite for any other character. As episodes went by though, and I began to sort my favorites into their own categories (villain, princess, Mane 6, CMC, etc), it became clear that I enjoyed Dash the most. Not for her element, overall personality, voice or anything; those things came a little later. What captured me to begin with was simply how platonically attractive her sleek design and color scheme is, and the fact that she was overly cute.

Note: For elaboration on how I find Dash 'overly cute', see this post.

Honestly, from the very first moment of episode one, when Dash tackled Twilight into the mud and giggled at the situation, following up with her rainbow tornado, I had an idea that I'd enjoy her as a character. Having seen numerous, numerous memes and other images on other message boards that had Dash prior to getting into the show, I had flagged Dash mentally as a 'I have a feeling I'll like that character' from that first moment. By half-way through Season 2 (not even 48 hours after I began the first episode), I knew she was Best Pony. It was during the time that I watched her through the episodes that I built upon my castle of Why Dashie Is Best Pony, which contains everything from her tomboy personality to her voice.

Yeah, that's about it. Blue ponies with rainbows on their butts are best ponies.

post-4006-0-76017800-1361231516.png

• Brohoof 4

fSnYzne.png

Twilight, Luna, and Pinkie Pie are my favourites.

Twilight because she's so smart, loves books, and I can find her relate able.

Luna because she's so pretty, she's an awesome princess, and nighttime powers!

Pinkie Pie because she's so friendly, and crazy, and random  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

i came to like fluttershy bcuz i kinda see a little bit of myself in her. i tend to be kinda shy sometimes, but she seems to be shy in a sort of adorable way that you just wish you could reach through the screen and give her huggles all day long lol. i always liked her soft-spoken,cute voice; but, when i heard her flutteryay and sing with the voice of an angel while cleaning Twilight's house it was official that she would become my favorite yellow filly. now, it makes me wonder how anypony could say no to the the blushy, sweet-hearted, and downright adorable Fluttershy. 

Edited by zombronie

hXc i ain't like you and i don't wantyour love and i don't need your respect!!!! hXc

^

:angry:

- BLOOD FOR BLOOD/OUTLAW ANTHEMS

Well my favorite pony is Fluttershy, however I love everypony, and Twilight is actually a pretty close second for me.

So the reason Fluttershy became my favorite pony.

First of all she was technically the first of the mane 6 I saw, the first time I saw her was on one of the people I play LoL with's Profile pictures, it had her name on it and all, but I didn't even know what MLP was at this point, however eventually I looked up "Fluttershy" on the internet and came across Fluttershy, then I searched some of it on youtube and saw a clip from "Stare master" with guile's theme playing and Fluttershy in it staring down the cockatrice. After that I watched some more clips from the show with her in it, and I eventually got tired with searching through clips and decided, Oh why the heck not I'll just watch one episode. and well I watched one episode and saw her and I think I really started to fall in love with her after that. Just because shes a pony I can relate to pretty well.

I never really acknowledged her as my favorite pony for sure until I had to think about it when I first joined this site, I think it was a contest between her Twilight and Pinkie, but after thinking about it I picked Fluttershy, Twilight became my 2nd favorite and Pinkie my 3rd. However I love all the mane 6 :D. They all have great traits, I just find more things in common with me and the ones I like a little more, or I just like them for other reasons and stuff.

I would tell my story about when I started to really like Twilight, but this is your favorite pony so I'm gonna stop myself from rambling before I start talking about all my favorites in vivid detail :P.

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Well, since there isn't much cannon-wise for Octavia , I'd say it was in some of the great fanfics. Namely, University Days by Dawn Fade (he still hasn't finished it :huh: ) and also Algezzera by Coffee Grunt. The personality that they, and most of the fandom has given her is just something that I'm drawn to. I also like Lyra because she's silly and obsessed with being human.

post-8163-0-99826600-1361238336_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

fluffy_by_rocketrewster-d5yf3uk.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Deviant Art   000Signature Requests000
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHeadphones on, Volume up, Tune out the world
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDon't use violence. You'll just make a fool of your self.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  arcuswind.tumblr.com

Twilight I definitely relate the most to. Applejack I think I could be best friends with. Rarity has never had a bad episode and is simply smashing. Fluttershy has the d'aww factor. Rainbow Dash is pretty awesome.

But Pinkie Pie is the one that always makes me laugh.

For me it wasn't exactly a complex emotional journey. The moment Rainbow crashed into Twilight I sort of perked up a bit and paid a bit more attention. After the whole scene, my sleep-deprived brain's thoughts (I started watching MLP at 4 A.M) were something along the lines of "ROFL, that's awesome. I like that one best :)." Largely because she seemed like a flawed but interesting character, a free spirit and a character with a dream, and if you know me you know I kind of have a pretty big soft spot for those characters :). She's always been best pony but she earned her place more and more with every episode :)

• Brohoof 4

How did Applejack become mah favorite pony?

Well, she just happened to be liked by me quite quickly :P. She became mah fav very soon after I became a brony (Although, I'll admit, I was into Pinkie more at first). How? Well, first of all, that accent. That Southern voice was unique yet cute to me at the time (And is now hot and gorgeous to me :wub: ). Also, just the Southern-ness/country-ness in general made her very likable to me. Also, I like her not-so girlish personality in that she doesn't have too good of manners and is raised a bit dirty (Not THAT kinda dirty), not to mention she's not totally into frou frou things, as she calls it. That's mah kind of girl, she can be a lady yet still be a bit tomboyish at the same time :D. So it was mostly her Southern personality and just her character in general that I found attractive at sight which made me like her a lot from the beginning, and she quickly became mah favorite. Over time, I would consider EVERYTHING from her a reason why I love her :wub:.

• Brohoof 1

spasticShotty-1753.png

So I was actually bummed out until season 2 started. Discord became best pony for me because he is the embodiement of my "Why So Serious" attitude that I've gotten deeper into due to how serious the world has become. "What Fun Is There In Making Sense?" is like my motto now and he is just pure awesome.

Discord is the one character I actually like even more than Applejack, Luna and Twilight because he is not only the shows best villain but is also one of the best villains I have seen in any show. I would rather he stayed evil for at least another episode or two before reforming but I am curious to see what they are going to do with his character now, I think he will probably be a mischievous yet mostly harmless trickster much Beelejuice was depicted as in Beetlejuice animated series. I wouldn't call him best pony because that wouldn't make any sense, oh hmmmmmmm wait a minute... Oh what fun is there is making sense anyway besides he could turn into a pony at any time.

Celestia has been my favorite Pony since the very first episode. I suppose it has to do with her responsibility and wise decision making. Every episode with her in it makes me love her even more. She is so majestic and understanding, traits I admire and try my best to have (Even if I'm not always successful).

My current favorite Mane Six is Rainbow Dash, she just started to grow on me. I really don't know why.

Rainbow Dash became my third favorite after Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy because she grew on me thanks in large part to the excellent character development she received in those episodes. We got to see her sensitive and compassionate side and we got to see her actually be the responsible one and risk her dream as a Wonderbolt to do the right thing and then after Twilight became tied with Applejack and Luna she is now my second favorite. I think another reason why I have started to like her so much is because she has a lot in common with Applejack albeit slightly more reckless and cocky but she has matured more than any other Mane 6 character while still retaining the positive qualities she started with.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

With Rarity, there wasn't any one episode that really locked it in for me, but I think it happened when I really began to understand what Lauren Faust was trying to do with the character.   This is a character that could have been very one note in the hands of someone else.  She would have either been a stuck up and snobby "Diamond Tiara"-esque villain, or she would have been a vapid, brainless  shopaholic.  But instead, she shattered both of those stereotypes.  She's not some mean Alpha Bitch like in every show about adolescent girls, she's actually very kind and generous.  And she's not some silly girl who goes to the mall, she's an extremely intelligent and hardworking artist and entrepreneur who is very talented at fashion design. 

Actually, I think that there are two episodes that zeroed me in on her.  The first was Suited For Success, which I enjoyed because I really loved seeing her in her element (no pun intended).  I think it really showed off her knowledge and intelligence, and I like seeing that in a character.  But then you feel for her when you see her overextending herself while bending over backwards to fulfill her friends' ridiculous and frustrating demands.  She *really* cared about making her friends happy in that episode, even against her better judgment.  And oh god, when she goes into that breakdown in her room- I love her when she's in full Drama Queen mode. :lol:

The second episode of hers that left an impression on me was Sisterhooves Social.   Strangely enough, an episode that in some ways highlighted her flaws really endeared her to me, because the whole episode was a real growing experience for her.  Yes it showed her lack of patience and her desire to have everything neat and orderly, but in the end she learned to at least try and deal with stepping out of her personal comfort zone for the sake of her sister.  The episode showed that she's not perfect, but she's willing to work at it. 

It also happens that Sisterhooves Social is an important episode for my *other* favorite pony, Sweetie Belle.  I always thought she was adorable, but this really turned it up a notch,especially with that picture she drew of her and Rarity.  I also related to her being that I'm also a younger sibling.  I have two older brothers, one of whom teased the hell out of me (we're cool now:D) but the other, my eldest brother, I felt he was pretty awesome at everything.  But he was so ridiculously busy in high school that we didn't have much time together. 

The episode that sealed the deal for me on Sweetie Belle, though?  No question it's gotta be Hearts and Hooves Day.  There are so many hilarious moments in this episode, and she probably has close to half of them.  The first is the song, which I love, especially the creepy Jelly pony.  She also gives the "We're gonna need a bigger envelope" line, and her unbridled enthusiasm over the love potion ("To test it.  Together."  "OH COME ON!") just left me in stitches.  Thsi was one of the funniest episodes of the series, and Sweetie Belle is a big reason why.

• Brohoof 1

img-1630605-3-sig_for_hawkflame_by_maggi

Sig by Thunderstorm

Check out my Rarity fansite!

It also happens that Sisterhooves Social is an important episode for my *other* favorite pony, Sweetie Belle.  I always thought she was adorable, but this really turned it up a notch,especially with that picture she drew of her and Rarity.  I also related to her being that I'm also a younger sibling.  I have two older brothers, one of whom teased the hell out of me (we're cool now:D) but the other, my eldest brother, I felt he was pretty awesome at everything.  But he was so ridiculously busy in high school that we didn't have much time together.

Sisterhooves Social really got me to like Sweetie Belle and made her my best filly and favorite Cutie Mark Crusader. I loved all the Cutie Mark Crusaders and still do but I really relate to Sweetie Belle in particular because in large part due to my political views I am the odd man out in my family but still love them all anyway and try to be as good of a son, brother, cousin nephew ect as I can.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite pony is always switching between Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. Reason: Both of them resemble my girlfriend. When I first heard Fluttershy speak, it reminded me of the first time Isabella and I met, oh the memories. At that moment, Fluttershy became my favorite pony. But then, as the show progressed, Twilight's knowledge of space and, assuming she does know, time reminded me of Isabella. Isabella loves to think about space and theoretical physics, and she isn't that shy anymore, but still kinda is. All in all, my favorite ponies are actually with me in real life. I love my dearest Isabella!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

ErrorMessage_zps9976425b.png

No matter how much you try.... you can never hit that f***ing dog from Duck Hunt.

My dearest Isabella!  :wub:

I am so happy for you, my dream girl would probably be a mix between Applejack and Twilight, I like girls who are comfortable in their skins and are not afraid to be themselves and intelligence is a pretty big turn on for me. I suppose alot of the ponies are in a sense with me as well, Fluttershy reminds me of my grandmother who loved animals and nature though she had a pretty heavy dose of Applejack as well and was not afraid to speak her mind. Pinkie Pie reminds me of my Dad, because he really loved a good joke and really loved talking to the customers back when he had his restaurant. My grandmother and most recently my Dad have passed away and I miss them dearly but I think they are still with me in spirit.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie pie is my favorite because i like her personality i did find her a bit annoying at the start but she grew on me she is also the funniest in the show in my opinion the smile song is also my favorite song in the show :) 

Rarity is my favorite pony mostly because of Dog and Pony Show. It was kind of like, "Damsel in distress? So last year, I think I'll just win at everything instead."

And of course, she remains fabulous at ALL times. Even when her hair is green and covered in filth (admittedly less so, but still fabulous).

This space intentionally left blank.

I was actually surprised when I came to the realisation that Rarity was my favorite Pony as our personalities could not be any different.

I love her reactions That she makes. I love her episodes and I would say a third of my top 10 episodes would be centered around her.

I also love her colour scheme It goes together very nicely

But there Is also Lyra and I have no Idea why I like her so much, some days it's hard to determine who I like the better but ultimatly It's Rarity

• Brohoof 1

2f195a74c5e781819d3ca1c9513faa66-d6fh49c

~ siggy by Me~

Saxophonist|PW:AA fan|Bass Guitar Enthusiast |K-On! fan

~Ema Skye is my Waifu~

I fell in love with Pinkie Pie right off the bat. She's willing to love and befriend anybody no matter how they look or appear and all in return she asks for you to smile.

Look in my eyes...what do you see?
The
Colt
Of
Personality.

Well my favourite pony is in a permanent state of flux but the one who will always hold a special place in my heart is Pinkie. Initially I didn't appreciate her very much but she started to grow on me thanks to her randomness and overall carefree attitude. In some ways I wish I was more like her, which i think is what makes her appeal to me.

Edited by Archi

"Humanity is the end; knowledge is the means; I will not rest until there are no more secrets to be discovered; I will not rest until there are no more ways to improve; I will not rest until there are no more problems to be solved; I will wield no weapon but my wits and intellect; With these weapons I will battle ignorance until the light of knowledge shines bright; When the light of knowledge shines upon us all, then I shall rest, and not before." - Atmomancer Creed

My favourites are Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Derpy.

Derpy, (in third place in the top ones), because she made such a huge impact on the fandom itself. Everywhere you look, you're sure to find something to do with Derpy - whether it be the Save-Derpy! campaign, or fanarts or music... she's been such a big loop for many bronies/pegasisters and has helped to produce masses of beautiful work. She's such a big inspiration! And quite frankly, I find it more offensive that they took her OUT than leaving her in, because it seems so much like she's being singled out because of what a few people think (ironic, since the topic of the show itself is friendship and acceptance that comes WITH that friendship)... I mean, what about kids who are /like/ Derpy? How are they supposed to feel about that? They could get the impression that, in everything they do, it will simply result in them getting put "out of the way" or ignored. She simply shot up in my favourites because of the huge difference she made. :)

Applejack (up in second for in the top places), I love because of her diligence. She's so damn hard-working. Not to sound arrogant (even though I'm probably going to... ^^;...), but she reminds me of me. I work very hard in order to ensure that I can get somewhere in life, just as she works hard to keep her friends happy, and Sweet Apple Acres up and running smoothly. Also, her voice is fantastic, and her song "Raise This Barn" is so dang catchy! She became my second... well, right from the beginning. She always shone to me for some reason, probably because of her honesty and down-to-earth personality. 

And Rainbow Dash... omg... she was just ALWAYS my favourite. I have this very bizarre adoration for colours .. so seeing her was a pure delight for me; she was so bright and alive with colour (still is), that I just couldn't contain myself and instantly got attached to her. I also love the fact that she's so confident, and reminds me of me with the NEED to feel confident. Dash has always been one of those characters that I love to play around with in my mind - in terms of scenarios, etc - and her characteristics as a whole package just really remind me of me. She's fantastic! I think, on first appearance, I got attached to her, and she became my favourite, because I'm in love with both colour, and the idea of wings, haha. :3

• Brohoof 2

Rarity is definitely my favorite pony out of the mane six. I was honestly attracted to her at first because of the way she is styled differently, as in her hair and her eyes. I love her colors and cutie mark as well.

But what makes her my favorite most of all is not that she is fabulous or fashionable, it is that she's the only one out of the mane six that I think actually shows an interest in romance. Honestly, that's what is on my mind most of the time...finding some new life and finding love, I see myself in her.

Edited by Beta