Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long can you stay awake and the longest you've stayed awake

Victor van Dort

I think the longest I've ever stayed up is about 30 hours. I think I was trying to adjust my sleep schedule. Sometimes I do that. I'll stay up all night and the following day so that I get to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up earlier. Sometimes it works, but sometimes, I have a hard time committing, and end up passing out around noonish...

About 4 and a half to 5 days. It sucks, do not do it ever. I did so out of necessity or at least I thought it necessary at the time. It happened as a result of my team animation production class. We were each teams of three working on a single product for a client. Well one of our members decided to not do anything at all out of the blue. It was to the point where we had her simply finishing the outlining on the animations I had already animated, she couldn't do that right either. So I spent nights at the school getting things done. I'm pretty good at pulling all nighters, heck most animators are. However when it came to the fourth day things got really bad. I couldn't concentrate at all and became extremely and constantly light headed. My whole body became incredibly hard to move and I felt extremely ill. I also suffered from constant heart palpitations. Towards the end even the smallest of set backs threw me into an incredible rage(against computers). I apparently looked very ill as well. I got up to check on a scene render when I all but collapsed on to the floor. At that point one of my friends said enough was enough and forced me to go home. I tried to insist I stay but she was twice as insistent I leave and get a good days rest. I owe her a great deal, given my symptoms I very well could have been in a great deal of medical trouble before that day was through. Its kind of hard to tell how much of what I felt was stress as well, but all I can say is that it almost the worst I have ever felt. 

Ha, everypony thinks that they've stayed up late, I went from 6:00 am all the way to 2:00 AM!

A measley 20 hours, but I'm only (5^5 - 11) so you can't blame me :U

(edited)

I think 24 hours, then I passed out. (At the time I was 8.)

To be honest, I fall asleep around 9-10 and wake up around 6-ish. Meaning that I get around 9 hours of sleep.

Edited by ~Ashley~

I was up for 4 days straight once. Usually i can't do that unless im up and moving. After I finally crashed I actually fell asleep for two days straight. I woke up with a major headache though.

(edited)

I've been up to nine days and then I passed out and nearly drowned myself since it was in the shower *laughs*

I'm an insomniac, though, so I really don't sleep much anyhow. I get nine hours a week on average. I get really massive and gross bags under my eyes, but I found this stuff that really reduces the puffiness, so no one really notices. :P

Edited by PinkieDaShy

(edited)

I've stayed up exactly 24 hours. I one time got up at around 8:00am and didn't go to bed until about 9:00pm the next day! That's the longest I've stayed up. 

I can usually pull off a 2am run on weekdays. On weekends, I run until about 4:30am-5:30am. 

Edited by Thunder-Dash

2 days it was awesome I fell asleep in my chair at my computer and I woke in my bed. I was playing on the Xbox to and my friend over the mic told me to go to bed when I was asleep, and apparantly I got up from the chair turned off my Xbox logged off my computer and got into bed. I know this because he told me about it I don't remember going to sleep that night, and when I asked my mom if she turned all my stuff off for me she said no. Sleep walking experiences are the best.

(edited)

The longest I have been awake without sleep is 97 hours.

I was going for 100. I was not very tired, I could probably stay awake a few more days before I'd have to sleep because of being tired. Being tired was not the problem here, I had to sleep because at like 96 hours I started to lose the feel of my body parts and at 97 I couldn't feel or even move my arms at all. I was really afraid that something really bad was going to happen. Because I tried to move them and make them wake up but I couldn't move them at all so I got scared shitless and decided that I had to go to bed.

Though, I forgot to say that the fact that I couldn't move my arms could also be because the only thing I ate durning these 4 days were just two Coca Cola, one bag of chips, a bag of candy and some Corn Flakes.

..I don't eat much..

Edited by Jokuc

I have a pretty irregular sleep schedule, so I stay up for over 24 hours pretty often.

The longest I've ever been awake was about 9 and a half days or so.  A friend was over at my house and had made a bet with me about beating Final Fantasy IX in under 12 hours (something you have to do to get the ultimate weapon for a character).  It's something I'd never done, but it was a good bet, so I said I'd do it.  I was up for 9 and a half days restarting and playing through over and over again.  By the end, I was hallucinating having conversations with my friend, I was on auto-pilot a lot of the time, I was jumpy and jittery, and just a general mess.

I don't recommend it to anyone, but it was fun at the time.  I fell asleep for about 2 days afterwords, felt like crap for another week or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I went camping once and stayed up a total of 28 hours. Drinking soda and talking all night made that pass by really quickly. But now it's hard to stay up later sometimes. :/

I think the most I've stayed up is about 26 hours, during traveling and such. (Or was it during summer just because, I don't really remember. :P )

I really don't like staying up past the point where I'm really tired, because at that point I never really do anything and just sit there watching videos.

The longest I have gone without sleep before was probably around 36-40 hours or so, around a day and a half. It was not fun at all. I have learned the hard way that being deprived of sleep is horrible. 

I went out with my friends one night for a little 'party'. I have no idea what happened about 6 hours in but I can't remember much and I was awake for 3 days straight. Never. Again.

Edited by Staticboom

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

While it was the longest time I ever stayed up doing one of the funnest things that I enjoyed, it wasn't very productive lol but who cares? :P i stayed up 76 hours straight playing Team Melee double exp weekend Halo 3 to earn my five-star general rank after 5 years of playing haha great times...

Edited by APonyToRemember

The longest I have not slept in was roughly 3 days. so 72 hours. It was during a anime convention and i was doing some last minute touches to a few costumes. No sleep and striking poses for cameras for about 15 hours each day (for 3) was quite tiring. xD