Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long can you stay awake and the longest you've stayed awake

Victor van Dort

in summer of 2012, I tested my ability to stay up for as long as I could...

I made it to 72 hours before I gave up, and it was terrible after the first day...

As far as I can tell, the longer your awake, your brain starts to stop processing thoughts so that you can keep your vitals going longer.

I had to keep consuming products, and keeping my face wet to keep me going... overall... Might do it again, far in the future...

36 hours. It was normal for the first 14 hours, then I went on my iPod for 5 hours, had difficulty getting to sleep, and I stayed awake all night with no ill effects the next (school) day.

It was on the 28th-29th may 2012. It was my birthday, and I was excited, so I think you could understand.

Edited by stainesbrony

Well I was at a sleepover with my friend and we stayed awake all night, when the sleepover was over I went to a farm with my family and I nearly slept in some cow pat... Don't recommend people to do it...

I think the longest I've ever stayed awake was...maybe 48 hours? This was back in middle school mind you. Nowadays, it's more a question of "How long can I stay asleep?" for me.

Edited by Lowline

• 7 months later...

I time I stayed up for 2weeks, no sleep... I was high on some drugs... anyway, ahh with out that bad stuff 2 days, I was 12 and I couldn't sleep for some reason so I just stayed up for those 2 days watching the same movie over and over then I did get to sleep.. man I was out for 1 day.. and when I woke up man I didn't feel to good

40 Hours, I stayed up all night with my friends and then the next night I didn't go to bed until midnight because I was on my computer and for some reason wasn't tired. Well I did wake up with my face on my keyboard so I guess I just collapsed at some point that night.

If I force myself, then I can usually stay up for over 24 hours. The longest I have stayed up was around 30+ hours, it was my birthday or something, I can't quite remember, really. 

• Brohoof 1

I was up for two days when I was 12-13 playing a Donkey Kong Country rom. I later crashed when at my cousins house. Now 5-6 years later, I cannot come close to that.

Edited by JRex95

The longest I have ever stayed awake was probably a full day. I was taking a trip on a bus overnight and couldn't sleep a wink as much as I tried, so I decided to crash when I finally got to my destination.

I can usually stay awake pretty late at night and often it's without even trying to (gotta love insomnia). I've been known to pull off all-nighters in the past.

One day, I woke up at 5 in the morning. The next night, I fell asleep at 6 in the morning. So 25 hours streak at house.

But another day I went sleeping in the woods. I didn't sleep at all for one night. I stayed awake for around 36 hours streak.

I couldn't give you an exact count in hours, but I don't think I've ever been up longer than 24. One night I stayed up getting drunk on wine, watching Eyes Wide Shut and snarking with my cousin about the latest developments in the video game world. It was fun.

I've done probably 2 all-nighters before, and the longest I can stay awake is probably about 20- 22 hours. Not really one to stay awake for long periods of time. I've tried, but I end up going to bed anyway. I like my sleep, thank you very much.

Well, I remained awake for 48 hours approximately.
I had to remain awake because I was moving from my country (Egypt) to Saudi Arabia.
At that time, I was helping my parents with cleaning the house and some other stuff. ^_^
Boy, that day was pretty exhausting. wacko.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Woona~

i usually sleep 3 hours at night, then i've got 2 hours train to go to the university, the first hour i sleep, then i study, the same is for the return

The longest I've ever stayed awake was twenty-four hours! I collapsed the moment a bed came into my view. Then I proceeded to sleep for a thirty-six hour period...

I can usually stay awake for sixteen hours.