Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long can you stay awake and the longest you've stayed awake

Victor van Dort

Seventy two hours (that's 3 days by the way) at my friends house. I stayed there for almost all of the Christmas holidays last year, I only went home the day before Christmas Eve and then went back there on the 27th.

Not too long, 28, 29 hours perhaps. I remember listening to music, Necro I think, on Youtube for several hours and playing games at a LAN party. It was when Borderlands 2 came out. Then we all ate spring rolls and I couldn't sleep. But no, I never really choose to avoid sleep, you know? I try to sleep as much as I can.

I've only gone about 48 hours without proper sleep. Let me tell you, it was hard! ;)

It was when I was studying for finals back in high school and really needed a good grade...

• Brohoof 1

72-80 hours, around that.. All you really need to stay awake is something really, really fun to do (unless it requires you to move your body too much and you are not that used to moving around). Funny enough, i am not entirely sure what i was playing.. might have been one of the Diablo 2 mods for the first time or maybe it was back when i first got Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and one of those combined with some decent movies i decided to watch in a row (most likely comedy). I don't have the best memory btw.

I also remember when i got the last Harry Potter book, i was awake two days straight, finally slept after i finished reading it. I also had to go to school in between and that was the only moment when i felt tired. I was planning to go to sleep after school, but as soon as the school day was over and i realized i could continue reading, i couldn't sleep. I have a feeling this is somewhat more impressive due to the fact that reading is really tiring compared to watching movies or playing certain games.

There were also those times when i couldn't sleep because i had just discovered manga (took me a while..). I just "had to" read few hundred chapters in one go and for some reason i decided to do that when it was already late.

Edited by Jormaz

"Bout 3 and a half days, that's between 80 n 90 hours. I wanted to see how long I could stay awake and what the effects of it would be. 'Twas pretty fun, I started to hear noises and see things and everyting felt so unreal, like the walls were made of butter or cream, my face felt like it was slowly melting. Good times.

• Brohoof 1

I've only gone 25 hours without sleep.  I went to this overnight lock in with my old high school youth group, and we stayed up all night playing Smash Bros. on my Gamecube, playing sports, having a massive Nerf war, and watching movies.  I still drove myself home safely, then I slept from about 8 in the morning to 2:30 in the afternoon.

The longest I've gone is probably about 22 hours, the day of my high school prom and graduation. After the prom, the school had an event called "Safe Grad", the idea of which is to try and keep students from drinking at grad parties and then driving. This took place at a nearby lake and campground, and lasted all night.

I usually have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and then I give up on sleeping and do something else instead. The longest I've went without sleeping, about three days in a row. The night after the third sleepless night, I didn't have any trouble falling asleep, though 0u0

27 hours. I woke up around 3pm, worked a night shift job, went home and packed up my car, made a 2-hour drive to the city and joined my family's Christmas party. I used what was left of my energy to play Santa Claus for the kids. I was pretty much dead on my feet after that. Went home and slept at my mom's.

It was interesting, but not an experience I'd like to repeat.

Once in a while I have to go 36 hours without sleep. It isn't fun but sometimes you need to get your nearly impossible homework done, turned in, and sit through class.

My most impressive feat of not sleeping happened a couple of years ago when I did a 3 person group project almost entirely by myself. I slept for 18 hours over 7 days. That's an average 2.6 hours per night. Oh and I got my group a 100% on the project.

Edited by Cowl

75 hours of playing Xbox and drinking tons and tons of large, extra espresso, chilled Costa mocha. I didn't even eat anything during that time. It was a good 75 hours spent. Though I did end up sleeping for 16 hours afterwards.

24 hours. Seriously. 

And this wasn't of free will; I was taking a plane back to my state and then the taxi driver and my mom were chatting it up at 1:00 AM the next day. 

I love to sleep and on a regular weekend I don't go to sleep past 1:00 AM...Then I wake up around 8:00-11:00 AM. 

My longest stint without sleep was when I was in the Army, on my 3 day field training exercise. Each night, we would alternate with one hour of sleep, and one hour in our foxholes (2 of us to each foxhole). I was too pumped to sleep, so when it was my turn to get out of the foxhole and rest, for some strange reason I couldn't sleep. I lasted 2 of the 3 days, and my body was practically screaming after the whole incident. On the other hand (or hoof to sate the forum! :lol: ) I had a rough time waking my "battle buddy" when it was his turn to occupy the 'hole'.

• Brohoof 1

The longest I've gone without sleep was probably around 30 hours or so. I woke up in the morning, and late at night I went on a 12 or so hour plane flight to my uncle's place in the U.S. Didn't sleep on the plane, which meant that I didn't sleep the whole night in my timezone. It wasn't until I arrived at my uncle's house when I decided to get some sleep. Man, somehow I gained lots of weight just by not sleeping!

Once I was in a school scout camping as one of the seniors. I didn't sleep at all during the camping (because the seniors were too busy managing the camper's activity) and it was about three days full. in the first day and until the dawn of the second day, everything was just fine, but in the third day, I felt like...I wanted to hit anything and anyone in my reach, dropped my head on...anywhere and fell asleep. :lol:

Edited by Earth Saphina

The longest I've went... uh.

It's kinda hard to tell. I know it was around 3 days. I don't think I actually hit the 72 hour mark, but I was close enough, so I just I've stayed up for three days before. I was too tired to really care at the time. 

when i Enlisted in the US Marine Corps (2009) we were not able to sleep for three days. I remember it so well. I woke up at 0600 hrs on that day to go to my graduation ceremony. this was a Friday. I was not able to go to sleep during the weekend due to the DI's yelling at the recruits on the other side of the building so by Monday we started our Hell Week and was not able to sleep and they made sure you  would not fall asleep from Monday-Wednesday. finally went to bed on Thursday at 2100 hrs. so with all that added up i think i went about six days with out sleep.