Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Official. New Concept Art released by Hasbro.

Best Pony

The 'official' designs look fake. I don't see how this would appeal to anyone at all. If they're going to have humans, does it have be in a high-school setting?? I much prefer an adventure one. I don't think Lauren would approve of this.

I just don't hope for a fandom about the Equestria Girls. They just need the right team, storylines, and plots to pull it off. Then, the spinoff might actually be worth making.

(edited)

I also wish they would have gone with a different approach for the character's designs, something like this, that actually resembles the characters:

img-1228638-1-1362230014127.png

Yeah, the way they draw the heads the same make them look oddly out of place.

On top of that, the figures all seem identical.

The figures clearly aren't humanoid(ignoring the ears and additional details)

Human legs very rarely extend to that length.

Equal proportions don't fit them very well, either.

Time to start spreading my hatred for Hasbro as inconspicously as possible.

Edited by Sunset Spark

Howdy all!

Oh my gosh very interesting designs..

They say never judge a book by its cover & thats what im gonna do watch a few eps of EG this fall & see how it goes from there.

Would be hilarious if the FIM Voice cast is in the new show.

See ya!

(edited)

Oh my....so the designs are official. Well okay then I mean they aren't bad but as everyone else pointed out they certainly aren't human. In fact they aren't anthro either, or at least not in the same way characters like Sonic The Hedgehog and Mickey Mouse are.

Really we can't judge this show yet since all we have is this piece of concept art and a vague idea of what the premise is. I mean for all we know highschool, or school in general, barely pops up in the series. Yes there is a chance it will become some crappy generic teen show that looks like something on Disney Channel but it could also be a really kickass human version of what we already know. That's really what I expect the show to be; Friendship is Magic but everyone is a human now. Hasbro is smart enough [or at least should be] not to fuck this up. I'm sure all the voice actors and writers from FiM will return. So just calm down and wait for more information until you decide to freak out, and for the love of god TRUST THE WRITERS!!!

If your still not sure a MLP highschool story can work please read Dash academy, it's a great comic about RD's High School [Flight School?] days. http://www.dashacademycomic.com/

Edited by N-Harmonia
  • Brohoof 2

Good god these are awful. They should have just had the balls to make them different ethnicities and actual people instead of these abominations.

131042669192.png

Now this I'd watch.

• Brohoof 5

I also wish they would have gone with a different approach for the character's designs, something like this, that actually resembles the characters:

img-1228638-1-1362230014127.png

I agree. If they used the eyes as a commonality for the designs (like in this picture), it would easily have felt alot more grounded in the MLP universe than the "official" design. These girls don't look cute like their pony counterparts, they just look creepy.

Also, am I the only offended by the fact that they all appear to be tall and thin like supermodels?

• Brohoof 1

It would interesting if they transformed all the characters from ponyvilla/equestria.

Two logical starts to the series

1. Twilight accidentally does a spell that turns them all human and the only way to transform back is to pass highschool. 

2. Discord decides to mess with all the ponies and change them into that and set them in high school.

260150__safe_twitter_equestria-girls_tab

Apparently Tabitha hasn't even heard of Equestria Girls, despite Rarity obviously being in the show. Rumors are circulating on Derpibooru that the original VA's aren't even in the show.

Assuming those rumors are true, this is looking less and less like a opportunity to develop a decent spin-off to a good show, and more and more like a cheap and easy cash grab that they won't care about in a year or so.

What a shame. :/

• Brohoof 3

Wings? these are people, not angels hasbro! Either make it about humans or dont make it at all. I just hope its set in a completely different universe and doesn't interfere with the real show that much

Humans bore me at this point. To those who may enjoy it, great for you, but I will be ignoring this, most likely. I won't deny that it has potential, but.....I don't know, it just doesn't interest me whatsoever. I can see why they are doing this though, basically to fill up the market gap from S3 to S4, since it will be a while.

So.....yeah, moving on.......

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, this is just plain creepy.  Keeping the wings and skin tones?  I know that there are concerns about making them all white, but...   I mean, anything's gotta be better than this.  This doesn't look cute, this looks alien. 

I dunno, I mean as long as this spin-off doesn't interfere with the main plot I guess it'll be ok. Who knows, it might even be really good, but it seems hasbro want to attract a similar audience to that of 'bratz' with this. One thing i know is I won't be able to relate to these human like characters as the ones I know and love. Like that's not them and never will be. They're ponies, how do they just suddenly become humans and expect to be treated as the same characters.

I think if they want to make a new show, go ahead but make new characters too! Why are they doing this?

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out :/

Equestria Girls = The new Bratz

I really don't like how they look, I mean it seriously. They are PONIES! This is the worst possible thing since G3.

I find it weird that they have unnatural skin colors and that they kept the pegasus wings but not the unicorn horns. How is Twi supposed to do magic now? She has wings.... she's a uni- I mean alicorn....but wha- oh sweet Celestia above this is confusing.

• Brohoof 1

Some more of the way the characters should have looked like (the face at the top is supposed to mimic the G3 face Pinkie makes in Too Many Pinkie Pies):

1362240003719.png

If only...

• Brohoof 6

I'm not even going to speculate whether or not this will be good, but I will absolutely give it a chance, just like I gave Friendship Is Magic a chance.

However, something tells me that this show will just get one 26-episode season just like My Little Pony Tales. If not, than it'll have 2 13-episode seasons.

So, my one question is: Will it be titled "Equestria Girls" or My Little Pony: Equestria Girls?

• Brohoof 1

Well......that's slightly disturbing :blink:  I get why they kept them their original colors. If they added ethnicity to it people would probably get butthurt. But still....they look REALLY strange :huh:

I wasn't crazy about the idea for this spin-off when I first heard about it, and i'm still not crazy about it. But as long as this stays AWAY from the original show and doesn't interfere with it, then I don't care.

Also, if this is offical art then does this give us an offical reference to pony size vs. human size? If so, then the ponies are tiny. I am more than okay with that :wub:  

(edited)

I think as many of you pointed out that the art could be a lot better, but as I said in another equestrian girls topic as long as their personalities remain intact the show will be good. I just hope that if they don't use the original voice actors, they find damn close ones because their voices were also a huge reason to why I like the show. 

It can be done because some fan made videos on youtube have voice actors mimicking the voices rather well. 

Also, Malakill those designs are so cute and matches the shows easy on the eyes design, I wonder why Hasbro didn't use those instead. Maybe, as some of you pointed out, that it is the race issue but seriously we deal with race issues in the real world so why shadow it from little girls it's a fact of life. 

I will give this show a chance though, I might be pleasantly surprised maybe Hasbro formulated an anime-esque show. That would be a knee-slapper. 

Edited by Pinkie Pie 3 U

(edited)

That, actually doesn't look to bad. Clean up the designs a little and we have a winner in the art department on this thing, it reminds a little of the simpler "cute" anime styles. 

Maybe re-do the faces and make them a little more simplistic. 

Edited by Shoboni

Um...what in Luna's name? I mean, I like some anthro, but this just...I like Pinkie and Fluttershy, they look great. The rest...did they have to make them so colored? I mean to me, that's the big turn off. Twilight being a straight purple and Rarity being white as a ghost...Applejack is okay, but I really don't care for the color scheme

Some more of the way the characters should have looked like (the face at the top is supposed to mimic the G3 face Pinkie makes in Too Many Pinkie Pies):

img-1229187-1-1362240003719.png

If only...

Now these! These are what I would like to see in Equestria girls. They actually look human, but still retain their old personalities.

Couldn't they have put their cutie marks somewhere else other than their cheeks, maybe like their wrists or something? That's what really bugs me so far.

I may give this a shot. You never know. It might be good...right? I mean, I'm writing a fic with humanized ponies so I might as well...

Hopefully the writing will be better than the character designs.