Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"For Twilight (Trixie's Song)" [new music]

Dreamsong

Like...a month

It kind of depends on what I'm singing. I can sing deep very comfortably, but, if I tune a little bit before I sing, I can also sing very high soprano. I have a pretty wide range, but sometimes it's difficult to transition properly from the two.

That's neat!  I hope you enjoy your learning the flute!  It is such an expressive instrument -- so very much line a soprano voice itself when ya get the hang of it!

Och, goodness, I _still_ have trouble bridging my chest voice and head voice too!

I've heard it said that it's not uncommon for we sopranos to also be able to sing low as well.  (When I'm being silly, I can do most of the range that Yma Sumac had... though it sounds and feels _reeeaalllly_ weird to be sounding that low! :P )

Hi @@Dreamsong, I must say I really like your singing, and this is probably my favorite song of yours. I think you're just excellent, can't wait to hear more from you! blush.pngsmile.png

Thanks so much!  I'm really flattered! <3

I've been working with @@Freewave on some new songs, and we'll hopefully be posting the next one within a day or so!

(And there are three upcoming songs I just can't _wait_ to get to recording!!! :D )

Thank you again, you are so sweet!  ♥

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hi @@Dreamsong, I must say I really like your singing, and this is probably my favorite song of yours. I think you're just excellent, can't wait to hear more from you! blush.pngsmile.png

Heyla!  Just in case you're curious...  I just posted a new song:

"My Equestria" (from "Isle of Inisfree") ... It's an acoustic/vocal ballad with a touch of a Celtic feel to it...

https://pony.fm/tracks/729-my-equestria

Edited by Dreamsong
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh wow I'll have to check that out when i get home (pony.fm and soundcloud do not stream from work) . You might want to make this your official thread now with so many responses. biggrin.png  hopefully people will start subscribing to your youtube too (hint hint). We'll have another collab song up REALLY shortly too, just taking a weee bit more time to come together. ;)

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

Oh my god. I love it!

I'd love to help with an instrumental and collab if you're up to it Miss Dreamsong.

I can pretty much recreate an entire orchestra if you need one. :)

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow I'll have to check that out when i get home (pony.fm and soundcloud do not stream from work) . You might want to make this your official thread now with so many responses. biggrin.png  hopefully people will start subscribing to your youtube too (hint hint). We'll have another collab song up REALLY shortly too, just taking a weee bit more time to come together.

*hugs*  Oooch, thank you Freewave!  (You know... that's a good idea! :)

hee... I made  a _very_ simple PMV, if YouTube can stream from your work...

(I'm verra excited about our newest and upcoming collabs too! :D )

Oh my god. I love it!

I'd love to help with an instrumental and collab if you're up to it Miss Dreamsong.

I can pretty much recreate an entire orchestra if you need one. smile.png

Ooooh, thank you so very much!

eeeeee!   Re-creating an entire orchestra sounds neat!  (Do you have anything in particular in mind? :) )

• Brohoof 2

Do you have anything in particular in mind?

Well, maybe your "My Equestria" Celtic cover, that could use some more grandiose instruments.

Say, I'll message you about the details. :)

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like a fabulous idea!! Go all Clannad over that Carbon. happy.png Your song sounds so darn pretty Dream!! A little elaboration via Carbon's input could really make it "grandiose".  Maybe an acoustic guitar in there too? The song really echoes what you were saying about being "homesick" so I'm glad you channeled your feelings thru song. Beautiful use of flute AS always and touching pmv. :D 

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like a fabulous idea!! Go all Clannad over that Carbon. img-1449140-1-happy.png Your song sounds so darn pretty Dream!! A little elaboration via Carbon's input could really make it "grandiose".  Maybe an acoustic guitar in there too? The song really echoes what you were saying about being "homesick" so I'm glad you channeled your feelings thru song. Beautiful use of flute AS always and touching pmv. biggrin.png

OMG, a Clannad feel would be _amazing_!!!  <3 <3

*hugs*  Thank you so much, Freewave!

*nodnods*  ...Yes... it's really strange to say out loud that one feels really homesick for a place most rational people think of as just existing in a cartoon....  But putting those feelings into a song, it suddenly seems okay. :/

And thank you.  I have you to thank for getting me thinking about doing PMV's.  I know it's simple... but it hopefully says what it needs to.

I was unprepared for the shear quantity of awesome that was this song and especially your voice.  I sure hope you are working on other songs because your voice is absolutely amazing.

Oooooch, thank you so very much!  I am deeply honored and flattered.

Yes!  There are more songs in the queue -- I can't wait to get to singing them!   <3

OH MY CELESTIA!!!!!!! This was amazing. You have amazing vocals. You need more songs like this. This was actually the first brony song I listened to and it was amazing. Amazing spectacular ears blowing amazing. IM just speechless 

• Brohoof 1

OH MY CELESTIA!!!!!!! This was amazing. You have amazing vocals. You need more songs like this. This was actually the first brony song I listened to and it was amazing. Amazing spectacular ears blowing amazing. IM just speechless 

Ooooh, thank you so very much!  That means so much!

It's just something that I _had_ to write... I was feeling... well... I was feeling "homesick"... and writing it and singing it helped. <3

Ooooh, thank you so very much!  That means so much!

It's just something that I _had_ to write... I was feeling... well... I was feeling "homesick"... and writing it and singing it helped. <3

Your very  very welcome. Sometimes it helps to write things of how you feel and then end up writing the most wonderful song ever 

@@Freewave, and I just released a new song!

https://pony.fm/tracks/751-freewave-dreamsong-young-folks

PMV (Pony-Made-Video) by Freewave:

------------------------------

Freewave took what was a nice alternative song and turned it into a really great, totally danceable track!

I had a lot of fun singing and speaking the parts for both characters, (though I've not used the voice-disguising spell in so long... it feels _soooo_ weird! :P ).

And I really like the idea of Cheerilee and Big Mac quietly realizing how much they have in common and how much the like one another's company, ever so slowly in the time since the CMC accidentally gave them a love poison.  (I think the both of them are so sweet... and I think they would make such a wonderful, happy couple. <3 )

It was so much fun working with Freewave again, and he is _so_ patient with my passion for doing the best we can!

I really like how this track turned-out and I am very much looking forward to the next songs we've alllllready got on the drawing-board! :D <3

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Thanks for posting! biggrin.png I also wanted to do this song because Dream and I were having so much fun together so i wanted it to be also about how our relationship has been unfolding too (not romantically of course, lol, just becoming good friends and hanging out a lot) happy.png  That and how being older ponies we kinda like doing out own thing and playing by our own rules. Just talking a lot and being ourselves. wink.png

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 2

https://pony.fm/tracks/751-freewave-dreamsong-young-folks

PMV (Pony-Made-Video) by Freewave:

------------------------------

Freewave took what was a nice alternative song and turned it into a really great, totally danceable track!

I had a lot of fun singing and speaking the parts for both characters, (though I've not used the voice-disguising spell in so long... it feels _soooo_ weird! tongue.png ).

And I really like the idea of Cheerilee and Big Mac quietly realizing how much they have in common and how much the like one another's company, ever so slowly in the time since the CMC accidentally gave them a love poison.  (I think the both of them are so sweet... and I think they would make such a wonderful, happy couple. <3 )

It was so much fun working with Freewave again, and he is _so_ patient with my passion for doing the best we can!

I really like how this track turned-out and I am very much looking forward to the next songs we've alllllready got on the drawing-board! biggrin.png <3

freakin awesome job! love the music you guys make. Too bad it took awhile for you guys to do this one! Love the music the lyrics the idea. Good job!

• Brohoof 2

Amazing work! Freewave + Dreamsong = instant epicness! biggrin.png The "voice-disguising spell" sounds surprisingly good.  I will follow your future work together closely.

(but not too close blink.png )

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for posting! img-1464327-1-biggrin.png I also wanted to do this song because Dream and I were having so much fun together so i wanted it to be also about how our relationship has been unfolding too (not romantically of course, lol, just becoming good friends and hanging out a lot) img-1464327-2-happy.png  That and how being older ponies we kinda like doing out own thing and playing by our own rules. Just talking a lot and being ourselves. img-1464327-3-wink.png

*hugs*  Och thank you, Freewave!

It's been so nice becoming friends with you too!  It's been so nice having somepony to talk about music and career and life and dreams with!

Yep!  Just doin' our own thing and being the best ponies we can be! :D

freakin awesome job! love the music you guys make. Too bad it took awhile for you guys to do this one! Love the music the lyrics the idea. Good job!

*blushes*  Och thank you so verra much!

Good things take time -- and at the risk of sounding like a greeting card... it's not the destination that's the best part of something creative, it's the journey there! :D

Amazing work! Freewave + Dreamsong = instant epicness! img-1465186-1-biggrin.png The "voice-disguising spell" sounds surprisingly good.  I will follow your future work together closely.

(but not too close img-1465186-2-blink.png )

*giggles* heeeEEEEEeee! :P  Thank you! :D

(Yah... the voice-disguising spell is always good for a laugh at parties...especially Bony meet-ups where other ponies get a "Flutterguy" joke but... outside of that, and the odd song... it's kind-of useless. :P )

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Alone - Luna's Song

https://pony.fm/tracks/807-alone-lunas-song-fox-amoore-dreamsong

This is the song from the fan-made radio drama:  Equestria: Hidden History, episode one: A Thousand Years Ago.

The music was written by Fox Amoore, and lyrics were written by both him and myself, (with me singing. tongue.png )

I was just breathtaken when I heard what Foxy had created -- he is just an amazing composer, (I think he is far-and-away the best composer in the Furry Fandom,) and to me he perfectly captured the gentle, sad, longing I imagine Princess Luna to have... quietly wishing with all her heart that somepony would care.

Forever
Alone with the moon,
Through the night
Why do I try?

Who would care
If I Should fade?
I'm just a wish
That nobody made.

Forever
Alone in the sky;
Through the night,
Why do I try?

PMV featuring drawings by Silverquill:

Equestria: Hidden History
Episode one: A Thousand Years Ago
Release date:  23.May, 2013
http://YouTube.com/SilverPonyPlayers

Directed by: Masterchaoss
Written and produced by Amadhia/Dreamsong
Starring: Dreamsong, Aksel, and TaylorRose16
Featuring: Awfulnote and Dr. McCrimmon
Featuring music by: Fox Amoore, Carbon Maestro, Freewave and Dreamsong

Tumblrhttp://silver-pony-players.tumblr.com
Twitterhttp://twitter.com/Silver_Ponies

Edited by Dreamsong
  • Brohoof 2

*hugs* Thank you so much, Freewave!  <3

I'd love to... I mean the song does fit the 1-2 minute hoofprint of songs from the show, but yes, I too would love to sing a "radio version" of the song.

Fox Amoore's year is now in crazy-speed... he's having to compose a full-length soundtrack for the breathtakingly-produced stage live production at Europe's largest Furry Convention -- complete with a secret, guest lead vocalist...  ...and he and I are going to be doing a live charity concert at EF as well....

So, that he did even this for us was a mark of how much he cares about his and my friendship and believes in this little labor-of-love. <3

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

https://pony.fm/tracks/997-talk-like-zecora-parody-of-walk-like-an-egyptian

Talk Like Zecora

(parody of “Walk Like an Egyptian” by The Bangles)

lyrics, percussion, and vocals by Amadhia “Dreamsong”

To me, Zecora is cool... waaaay cool! biggrin.png

It can't have been too long after seeing "Bridle Gossip" that I found myself humming "Talk like Zecora" to the old, Bangles tune, "Walk Like an Egyptian" and throwing myself into giggle-fits. tongue.png

I finally got around to recording it and doing the music for it as a birthday present to myself. (Yaaay, Im' a solstice filly! biggrin.png )

I reworked a MIDI track from some unknown sequencer for the acoustic bass, and the sitar... but all the percussion is live, by me. smile.png

I wanted to have it be like if Stomp were to have done the music for it... kind-of industrial-tribal-pop! (Is that even a genre? tongue.png )

Anyway... I hope it makes ya laugh as much as it does me! biggrin.png

And remember... Talk like Zecora! biggrin.png

Edited by Dreamsong
  • Brohoof 1

For Twilight (Trixie's Song)

(parody of "For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her" by Simon and Garfunkel)

https://pony.fm/tracks/1020-for-twilight-trixiessong

It had been nearly a year since the Alicorn Amulet incident when Twilight, on official business to outlying areas of Equestria, found Trixie alone and destitute. Life had not been kind to the show-mare; time and time again, she had rebuilt her wagon and tried to resume performances, but word seemed to have spread. In every town she had been met with at least as much avarice as she had at that fateful show, years ago in Ponyville.

When Twilight Sparkle stumbled upon her, “The Great and Powerful Trixie” was so broken inside, she didn't even have the energy to lash-out at the one she felt had been the beginning of her downfall. A simple, lifeless “Hi” was all she could manage.

However, this one word, “Hi,” had real magic within it... not magic to vanquish foes... not show-stopping magic... but rather the magic of friendship.

Sending Spike on to complete the rounds, Twilight stayed with Trixie; sharing her campfire and the tarp that had once been a resplendent proscenium.

Twilight helped Trixie to see that the magic Trixie herself possessed was not intended for the same purposes as her own – saving villages, empires and the like. But even so, Trixie's gift for magic was in fact just as valuable; for it could be used to lift spirits and inspire hope. Trixie's magic was the kind of magic that could entertain, surprise and enchant... woven well, it was the kind of magic that could encourage greatness _within_others._

Twilight stayed with Trixie in the little clearing; listening, sharing, and helping Trixie to create a show that focused on bringing out the best in the pony volunteers from an audience.

Trixie was secretly terrified to go in in front of another audience, but with Twilight's gentle encouragement, the first performance of this new act was the best Trixie could ever remember. The hoofstomps and cheers as she took her last bow were positively thunderous. And there was Twilight, her friend, right there in the front row beaming up at her with tears in her beautiful violet eyes.

Now the campfire burns low next to the two friends asleep in the little clearing, and Trixie wakes from a pleasant dream....

What a dream I had

of us in Ponyville...

things were different,

'cause you cared for me still;

like you do right now.

I wandered empty streets down

past the shop-displays;

I heard the clock-tower bell

ringing down the alleyway,

as I walked on.

And when you ran to me,

your coat damp with the night;

we walked on frosted fields

of juniper and lamplight.

...You held my hoof.

And when I awoke

and felt you warm and near,

I kissed your smoky mane

with my grateful tears.

Oh I love you, mare.

Oh I love you.

• Brohoof 2

Oooch, thank you so much!  *hugs* :D

heee... yah... when Wavey approached me with the Goldfinger parody idea, I was like, "OMGosh... _TOTALLY_"

Besides... it was good practice trying to sing like Shirley Bassey! (I _love_ her voice! :D )

• 3 months later...