Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An Equestrian industrial period?

Strong Hooves

Alright, so the last episode, The super easy cider squeezy 6000, showed that the Flim Flam brothers traveled around with a vehicle/locomotive machine. In the episode beforehand, The final roundup, Applejack was seen riding on a train that traveled on its own power, not pulled by other ponies like as was seen in Over a Barrel, I may be taking this too seriously, but perhaps these are signs that Equestria is taking a turn to industry? And if we were to see more vehicles in the future, would they be magic powered like the S.E.C.S 6000? What are your opinions on this?

Yes, I have been thinking the same. Their technology seems to be advancing, considering one point in season 1, the trains were horse powered and in season 2 (if I'm not mistaken) they're coal powered. It seems like if Equestrian history goes like human history, they're soon will be an industrial revolution.

Yes, I have been thinking the same. Their technology seems to be advancing, considering one point in season 1, the trains were horse powered and in season 2 (if I'm not mistaken) they're coal powered. It seems like if Equestrian history goes like human history, they're soon will be an industrial revolution.

Glad to see Im not the only one thinking this :D

According to my fanfic, all their technology is about to drastically improve, lol XD

IIRC, they were pulling a train engine. To me, that means the train engine broke down, because there's no reason to have a train engine on a train, that doesn't pull it...

Also, I'm pretty sure the S1 intro had a self-powered train in it...

Also, I'm pretty sure the S1 intro had a self-powered train in it...

Eeyup. The ponies pulling the trains to Appleosa were pretty much for visual effect.

I still dont get what where they thinking when they decided to put 4 ponies pulling a huge train with more ponies inside, going super fast and for over a day without stopping!. I mean, they are like slaves!

I'm not sure if technology is actually advancing, but i think they wouldn't show such process. It would be too complicated

I still dont get what where they thinking when they decided to put 4 ponies pulling a huge train with more ponies inside, going super fast and for over a day without stopping!. I mean, they are like slaves!

I'm not sure if technology is actually advancing, but i think they wouldn't show such process. It would be too complicated

Maybe, but the Flim Flam brothers were the first to have an automated vehicle, that seems like a pretty big advancement to me

Maybe, but the Flim Flam brothers were the first to have an automated vehicle, that seems like a pretty big advancement to me

I don't think it was newly invented, so much as this was just the first time they've seen it. Flim Flam had been to lots of towns before, so we're not seeing technology advance, so much as seeing cutting-edge stuff come to town.

Lol, I can't help but laugh a little when I call Flim Flam's machine cutting-edge... :P