mega thread Favourite Musicians or Band

Legit101

I know there's probably a thread asking for favorite musicians, but I want to know why is said person your favorite musician?

SoKo is my favorite because the simple guitar and whispery vocals, also the accent, oh hot damn that accent.

My favorite band overall is Symphony X, and here are the reasons why:

1. Singer Russell Allen has one of the best vical ranges I have ever heard.

2. The guitar & keyboard work is excellent.

3. I love how the themes of the music covers things like mythology & things like that.

4. Orchestral elements are always nice.

Favorite Band: Alter Bridge

1. I admire how they use the tempo in their instruments, to bring a mood/tone to their songs. Brings a little more to the table with the atmosphere.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say Omnia. Not only do I enjoy their music, which is fairly varied and usually pretty fun, but I also respect the band themselves and much of their message. Plus they're Dutch.

I'd have to say Omnia. Not only do I enjoy their music, which is fairly varied and usually pretty fun, but I also respect the band themselves and much of their message. Plus they're Dutch.

You know, I'm normally one to say that people don't necessarily need a reason why they like things. It really can be as simple as "just because" but this time I'll play nice. :P

I love Disturbed. David Draiman is my favorite vocalist of all time. I can't help but love the sound of his voice.

• Brohoof 1

Since this is general music, I'd say my favorite band right now is Les Friction. It's Christian rock, but it's brilliant and I absolutely love it. Paint sings like a god.

The Red Army Choir, I find many of their songs to be quite cheerful (even if you don't know the lyrics) and they have both military marches and classic folk songs.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite band is Slipknot because their music helped my life a lot. When I was 3 or 4 years old, I listened to that one particular song I liked and even played air guitar to, but I did not know the title of the song or the band that plays it. It was then I was 12 years old that I realized that the song I listened to a long time ago was Duality by Slipknot, and I became a maggot (Slipknot fan) ever since. During my teenage years, I have been judged by my fellow Christians about my musical taste but I did not let that stop me. I was able to cope with my anger thanks to Slipknot, and without their music, I would be in jail. 

post-27780-0-52995700-1404063697.gif

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I can't really say I have a for sure favorite band right now...

For musicians I guess Freddie Mercury is up there from Queen simply for his legendary singing abilities

If YouTube musicians count I also like Caleb Hyles, because his vocal covers are just awesome. His singing is amazingly good.

I also like Nate Smith from Natewantstobattle and his covers and parodies due to his singing voice. I just like it idk why. Plus he's a pretty good guitar player too(he learned ocarina as well :P)

Those are all the musicians I can really think of I really like right this minute.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know there's probably a thread asking for favorite musicians, but I want to know why is said person your favorite musician?

SoKo is my favorite because the simple guitar and whispery vocals, also the accent, oh hot damn that accent.

Favorite singer: Ozzy Osbourne.

Reason: His songs are awesome.

Edited by Schoolboy B
  • Brohoof 1

If you know me, you'll know that my favorite band is The Beach Boys! I love them because of their gorgeous harmonies, the amazing melodies, especially those of Brian Wilson (not to ignore the contributions the other members, especially Dennis Wilson, made), the great production that shines through on many albums, and the overall sense of charm and fun they often produce.

My favorite musician is...  Johann Sebastian Bach.  The baroque era composer lol.  I've heard his works described as "music for music's sake."  He wasn't necessarily the type of composer to pack a lot of obvious emotion into the music itself; not that his work doesn't inspire an emotional response - because it absolutely does.  But his music is form and structure and complexity.  Just listen to a Bach fugue or a piece like the 1st mvt from his concerto for two violins in D minor (BWV 1043); intricacy and timeliness and an oftentimes unpredictable - but followable - melody.

My favorite BAND, however, is Led Zep.  It's their combination of skilled instrumentation (Jimmy Page on guitar - he could do just about anything), standout, versatile vocals (Robert Plant), and lyrics that ranged from emotional or passionate to mystical and cryptic.  Not to mention, they played with several different genres.  "Kashmir" has a middle eastern vibe, "D'Yer Maker" a reggae one, "Bron-Y'Aur Stomp" is foot-stompin' folksy, and "When the Levee Breaks" (my personal Led Zep fave) is Plant singing the blues - and playing the harmonica, no less.

Steam Powered Giraffe. The way they blend comedy and theatre into their music is just so incredible to me. That and their songs are so creative and entertaining that I can listen to them repeatedly and they never get old. 

• Brohoof 1

You know, I'm normally one to say that people don't necessarily need a reason why they like things. It really can be as simple as "just because" but this time I'll play nice. :P

I can agree with that; particularly when it comes to art or music.  Sometimes I just like how something looks or sounds - I don't give it a great deal of thought lol.  When it's something that's "my favorite" though, I've probably taken some time to analyze it a bit more.  Sometimes...  Too much. xD

For most musicians/bands, I only like a couple of their songs. I think Imagine Dragons is the band who has the most songs that I like. I like them because they.... sound good? I don't have any specific reason :/

Happoradio is another band that I like, because they had the first Finnish songs that I listened to. I've looked up the lyrics translation of their songs though, and some of them have insanely weird lyrics :blink:

My favorite band is They Might Be Giants, because they have really clever lyrics that you have to think about, and every song they've made is energetic and fun to listen to. It also helps that I like every song of theirs that I've heard.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like alot of bands, so I'll list off a few (one of these is not like the others)

Black Sabbath: The godfathers of metal, their music is phenomenal in almost every way.

The Black Keys: I love the combination of old bluesy rock n' roll with some more modern electric sounds.

Immortal: Black Metal definitely isn't the most beloved genre of music, but regardless I love this band to death

Led Zeppelin: Masterful musicianship, moving lyrics, and generally relaxing atmosphere (good to get stoned to)

Jimi Hendrix: Best guitarist of all time, no exceptions.

Edited by Omega Centauri

• 1 month later...

I was wondering what the musical tastes of our fandom encompass so I'll ask a simple musical question. What's your favorite band/group/artist or genre

My personal favorite genres are Progressive Rock, New Wave, Art Rock, Space Rock, Reggae Rock, Alternative Rock, and neo-classical.

My favorite band is probably The Police(as you can see from my avatar)