Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favourite Musicians or Band

Legit101

I noticed there was no thread for your favourite musicians (Yes musician includes, producers, bands, ect), so I thought why not make one.

So post your favourite I guess.

Posting one album art, a snippet from Wikipedia and a YouTube video for one of their songs would an optimal post.

Edited by NewCalamity
Added Music prefix
  • Brohoof 1

Tosin Abasi is a Washington DC based guitarist who is best known for playing in the instrumentalprogressive metal band Animals As Leaders. Before Animals as Leaders was formed, he was the guitarist for the technical metalcore band Reflux.[1] He has recorded and released two albums with Animals as Leaders: a self-titled debut and Weightless.

Posted Image

Tosin Abasi is a self-taught guitarist. He was the guitarist for the Silver Spring, Maryland based metal band PSI. He joined Reflux in the early to mid-2000s. During a Reflux show, Prosthetic Records noticed his skill and offered him a record deal as a solo artist. At first, he refused saying he didn't feel comfortable with his skill level to write his own record.[1] Afterwards, Abasi enrolled at the Atlanta Institute of Music, and after he graduated, he contacted Prosthetic Records asking if the offer still held.[2] He then formed his "solo" project, Animals as Leaders, the name loosely being derived from the book Ishmael.[1] At first, producer Misha Mansoor (from Periphery) programmed all the drums and synthesizers in the album, but Tosin then chose Javier Reyes and Navene Koperweis on rhythm guitar and drums, respectively.[2] Tosin has recently been making material with his new band T.R.A.M., consisting of Animals as Leaders alumnus Javier Reyes, Suicidal Tendencies drummer Eric Moore and former Mars Volta wind instrumentalist, Adrian Terrazas. 'T.R.A.M.' stands for Terrazas, Reyes, Abasi, Moore. In mid March, 2011, T.R.A.M. played their first show at South by Southwest, a multi-day music festival in Austin, Texas. Animals as Leaders released their second album, entitled Weightless, on November 8, 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR0RJ7E8Bc

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 3

When I'm not listening to any from of electronica, I tend to listen to chill Indie folk and Roots.

Xavier Rudd is an Australian singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. He was born in 1978 and grew up in Torquay, Victoria. He attended St. Joseph's College, Geelong. He has developed a strong reputation for playing live performances at musical festivals and concerts in Australia North America and throughout Europe. His following is particularly strong in Australia and in Canada, where he has recorded several albums. Many of Rudd's songs incorporate socially conscious themes, such as environmentalism and the rights of Aboriginal peoples. In addition to playing the yidaki in many of his songs, he has also included both Australian and Canadian Aboriginal vocals in some of his songs.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0b9XzrjeE

Pink Floyd were an English rock band that achieved worldwide success with their progressive and psychedelic rock music. Their work is marked by the use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, innovative album art, and elaborate live shows. Pink Floyd are one of the most commercially successful and influential rock music groups of all time. They have sold over 200 million albums worldwide, including 74.5 million certified units in the United States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxgGAnLvMwQ

Roberto A. Mendoza , known as Panoptica, has been one of the main figures in the Mexican electronic scene since the late 80s, founding bands like electro pos-industrial outfit Artefakto and in the late 90’s the Tijuana based norteña-meets-techno Nortec Collective. He has also been releasing tracks as Panóptica and it was under this name that English DJ John Peel took notice, inviting him to do one of his Peel sessions for the BBC in 2001.

Uhmm, it would be quite hard for me to choose a few favorite musicians

as I listen to pretty much everything.

But if I had to choose some from the main genre they'd probably be:

Zatox

Italian hardstyle producer, who has been around since the late 1990's.

He kicked off his career in 2010 with the sub label to scantraxx called: Italian Hardstyle.

Zatox has played at several big events such as: Defqon.1, Q-Base, Hard Bass, and many more.

In 2011 he had the honor of making the anthem for the well known and probably one of the

biggest hardstyle events called Qlimax.

Zatox - Another Level (Raw Mix)

Gunz 4 Hire

Gunz 4 Hire are two guys Ran-D and Adaro. Their sound is unique.

Because their sound is somewhat the early hardstyle mixed with the nu-hardstyle. (Nu-hardstyle being the modern hardstyle)

They haven't been around for that long, yet they are quite popular, because of their style.

The track there really made them more noticed was Gangsters Don't Dance.

Gunz 4 Hire has also played at a variety of events such as Defqon.1 2011, Qlimax 2011, etc, etc.

Ran-D

Ran-D has more than 10 years of experience in the hard dance scene,

yet he is considered as one of the new promising artists in the hardstyle scene.

In my opinion he is one of the hardest producers in the hardstyle scene, and

together with Adaro they made Gunz 4 Hire who I mentioned above.

Ran-D is also well known for his epic lyrics he use in his tracks. Just take a listen to the one below.

With his brother passing away last year he made this track dedicated to his brother.

Ran-D & Redixx - Untill We Meet Again

Adaro

To be honest, I don't know much about Adaro, I only heard about him when I heard about Gunz 4 Hire.

So I'm not going to write much more about him here.

Wildstylez

Wildstylez is one of the most known hardstyle producers. He has made many collaborations

with Headhunterz. In 2008 he released an album with Headhunterz under the name Project One.

Wildstylez was in the sub label for scantraxx called Scantraxx Reloaded, which is owned by Headhunterz.

In 2010 he made his own label with Noisecontrollers called Digital Age, and he got the big honor of making

the anthem for Defqon.1 2010

I'm not going to write much more but a little list of other producers I think you should check out:

Showtek (Label: Dutch Master)

Headhunterz (Label: Scantraxx Reloaded)

D-Block & S-Te-Fan (Label: Scantraxx)

Noisecontrollers (Label: Digital Age)

Wasted Penguinz (Label: Scantrax)

Scope DJ (Label: Scantraxx)

A-Lusion (Label: Scantraxx)

JDX (Label: Scantraxx)

SMD (Label: ------)

The Pitcher (Label: Fusion of sound)

Zany (Label: Fusion of sound)

Jack of Sound (Label: Fusion of sound)

---Want more ? Don't hesitate to ask---

Edited by ProjectRKA
  • Brohoof 2

Whoaah RKA. Thats alot of text.

Lordi

Lordi is a Finnish hard rock/heavy metal band, formed in 1996 by the band's lead singer, songwriter and costume-designer, Mr. Lordi.

The band is known for wearing monster masks and using pyrotechnics during concerts. They rose to domestic success with their 2002 single, "Would You Love a Monsterman?".

Lordi made history in 2006 by winning the Eurovision Song Contest with a record 292 points, becoming the first Finnish performer to win the contest. Lordi was featured on the 2006 MTV Europe Music Awards in Copenhagen when the band's frontman, Mr. Lordi, presented the award for rock. They were also the closing act, playing their single "Hard Rock Hallelujah".

They also performed on Britain's Making Your Mind Up for the Eurovision Song Contest. Lordi performed on the main stage at Ozzfest 2007 and later that year toured with Type O Negative and Twin Method until Halloween night.

Posted Image

Rammstein

Rammstein is one of the most known Heavy Metalbands in the world.

Most of their songs are writen in german, but there are a few in Russian,Spanish and English.

Till Linderman is the main singer and writes most of the songs by himself.

Posted Image

Voltaire

Voltaire is my favorite artist!

He plays:

Soft rock

Rock

Gothic rock

Symphonic rock.

One of his most knows songs are ''When your evil'' and is one of my favorite songs ;)

Posted Image

My favourite musician of all time is probably Michael Jackson because he was incredibly talented and produced so many great songs. I also like The Killers, Coldplay, Lady Gaga, Franz Ferdinand and Green Day amongst others.

• Brohoof 1

Genghis Tron is a three-piece experimental metal band formed in Poughkeepsie, New York, USA, and currently based in Brooklyn, New York and San Francisco, California. Genghis Tron signed to Relapse Records[3] after releasing two recordings on Crucial Blast. The band is noted for its creative combination of various types of metal and electronic music.[4] Although often classified as cybergrind early in their career, Genghis Tron has since developed a more diverse sound, which includes elements of IDM, doom metal, electronic and ambient,[2] in addition to their core style of synth-laden metal.[5]

Forgoing both a drummer and a bass guitarist,[3] the band utilizes computer-based drum machines such as FL Studio and Ableton Live as well as multiplesynthesizers (Moog, Alesis and Novation) to produce its distinct sound. Genghis Tron has toured with such bands as Behold... The Arctopus,[6]Converge,Kylesa, Gaza, The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Faint.

The 2008 album Board Up the House was named a "Critic's Choice" by the New York Times[7] and was also awarded the title Album of the Year by UK magazine Rock Sound.[8]

As of late 2010, the band members have decided to take a break away from the band for a while but have assured fans that they will be back with new material when they start playing together again.[9]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohdS8yUWIFI&feature=related

Tosin Abasi is a Washington DC based guitarist who is best known for playing in the instrumentalprogressive metal band Animals As Leaders. Before Animals as Leaders was formed, he was the guitarist for the technical metalcore band Reflux.[1] He has recorded and released two albums with Animals as Leaders: a self-titled debut and Weightless.

Posted Image

Tosin Abasi is a self-taught guitarist. He was the guitarist for the Silver Spring, Maryland based metal band PSI. He joined Reflux in the early to mid-2000s. During a Reflux show, Prosthetic Records noticed his skill and offered him a record deal as a solo artist. At first, he refused saying he didn't feel comfortable with his skill level to write his own record.[1] Afterwards, Abasi enrolled at the Atlanta Institute of Music, and after he graduated, he contacted Prosthetic Records asking if the offer still held.[2] He then formed his "solo" project, Animals as Leaders, the name loosely being derived from the book Ishmael.[1] At first, producer Misha Mansoor (from Periphery) programmed all the drums and synthesizers in the album, but Tosin then chose Javier Reyes and Navene Koperweis on rhythm guitar and drums, respectively.[2] Tosin has recently been making material with his new band T.R.A.M., consisting of Animals as Leaders alumnus Javier Reyes, Suicidal Tendencies drummer Eric Moore and former Mars Volta wind instrumentalist, Adrian Terrazas. 'T.R.A.M.' stands for Terrazas, Reyes, Abasi, Moore. In mid March, 2011, T.R.A.M. played their first show at South by Southwest, a multi-day music festival in Austin, Texas. Animals as Leaders released their second album, entitled Weightless, on November 8, 2011.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LKR0RJ7E8Bc

I don't listen to Animals As Leaders very often, but Tosin is a freaking beast at guitar.
  • Brohoof 2

post-1327-0-97903200-1328042378_thumb.jpg

Tool is an American rock band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 1990, the group's line-up has included drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones, and vocalist Maynard James Keenan. Since 1995, Justin Chancellor has been the band's bassist, replacing Paul D'Amour. Tool has won three Grammy Awards, performed worldwide tours, and produced albums topping the charts in several countries.

Edited by Gray
  • Brohoof 2

Most of my favorite musicians right now are bronies since I mainly listen to pony music now. Some of my favs are:

MandoPony (including his collab with AcousticBrony)

Alex S.

Omnipony

JackleApp

The Living Tombstone

Glaze

and a new favorite, Archie V.

Besides pony music, I like Japanese pop and rock music as well as all kinds of Vocaloid music. Some of my favorite Japanese artists are:

Aqua Timez

GreeeeN

UVERworld

Buono (Because of Shugo Chara. Their music is just really catchy)

Perfume (I love the electronic and robotic feel to their music)

Vocaloid producers:

Kz/livetune

Supercell

Tripshots

Prhythmatic

KazuP

Kz and Supercell (don't know about the others) do some non-Vocaloid music too and at least one of Supercell's songs was featured in an anime.

Leroy Anderson

Leroy Anderson (June 29, 1908 – May 18, 1975) was an American composer of short, light concert pieces, many of which were introduced by the Boston Pops Orchestra under the direction of Arthur Fiedler.

Posted Image

Lapfox (Collectively, although Mayhem is my favorite "artist.")

LapFox Trax (formerly VULPvibe Records) is an independent electronicrecord labelrun by Dave Remmler, a.k.a Renard Queenston, a Canadian composer and graphic designer.

Posted Image

Edited by Night Fox

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LKR0RJ7E8Bc

I was going to but Tosin. But you dear awesome sir, have beat me to it. So here one of mine.

MISHA MANSOOR

Posted Image

He is the guitarist of the band periphery and has a solo project called Bulb. He is amazing and his grooves with make you want to jitter bug.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Muse are an English rock band from Teignmouth, Devon, formed in 1994. The band consists of school friends Matthew Bellamy (lead vocals, guitars, piano, keyboards, keytar), Christopher Wolstenholme (bass, vocals, keyboards, guitars, harmonica) and Dominic Howard (drums, percussion, synthesisers, sampling, harmtar). After the release of their 2006 album Black Holes and Revelations, keyboardist and percussionist Morgan Nichollshas performed live with the band. Muse are known for their energetic and extravagant live performances[2][3] and their fusion of many music genres, including space rock, progressive rock, alternative rock, heavy metal, classical music and electronica.[4]

Muse have released five studio albums: Showbiz (1999), Origin of Symmetry (2001), Absolution (2003), Black Holes and Revelations (2006), and The Resistance (2009). The band have also issued three live albums, Hullabaloo Soundtrack (2002), which is also a compilation of B-sides, Absolution Tour(2005), and HAARP (2008). A sixth studio album is currently in the process of being recorded and is expected to be released in October 2012.[5]

Black Holes and Revelations earned the band a Mercury Prize nomination and a third place finish in the NME Albums of the Year list for 2006.[6] Muse have also won numerous other music awards throughout their history, including five MTV Europe Music Awards, five Q Awards, eight NME Awards, twoBRIT Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, four Kerrang! Awards and an American Music Award. They were also nominated for three Grammy Awards,[7] of which they won Best Rock Album, for their fifth studio album The Resistance.[8]

Major album covers (ponified by yours truly)

post-124-0-77783600-1328046463_thumb.jpgpost-124-0-95510400-1328046490_thumb.jpgpost-124-0-12161300-1328046485_thumb.jpgpost-124-0-85243700-1328046487_thumb.jpgpost-124-0-07924700-1328046493_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I don't listen to Animals As Leaders very often, but Tosin is a freaking beast at guitar.

I was going to but Tosin. But you dear awesome sir, have beat me to it.

Glad to see I'm not the only Tosin fan. He's a monster. Also, Periphery, nice.

The Human Abstract was an American progressive metal band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2004, the group was originally signed to the independent label Hopeless Records, the band then released the two albums Nocturne (2006) and Midheaven (2008) before signing to E1 Music and releasing Digital Veil (2011). The Human Abstract has gone through several lineup changes over the years, with the final consisting of founding members Dean Herrera, A.J. Minette and Brett Powell, in addition to Henry Selva and touring vocalist Ryan Devlin.

Sadly, this band is on full hiatus/breakup mode. :(

Glad to see I'm not the only Tosin fan. He's a monster. Also, Periphery, nice.

The Human Abstract was an American progressive metal band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2004, the group was originally signed to the independent label Hopeless Records, the band then released the two albums Nocturne (2006) and Midheaven (2008) before signing to E1 Music and releasing Digital Veil (2011). The Human Abstract has gone through several lineup changes over the years, with the final consisting of founding members Dean Herrera, A.J. Minette and Brett Powell, in addition to Henry Selva and touring vocalist Ryan Devlin.

Sadly, this band is on full hiatus/breakup mode. :(

I know man!!!!!!! The Human Abstract is sooo good but they cant seem to keep guitarists and vocalists in like. At least they have AJ back!

I know man!!!!!!! The Human Abstract is sooo good but they cant seem to keep guitarists and vocalists in like. At least they have AJ back!

From what I've seen, they're selling gear and stuff too, now. I think this one's fading into the sunset. ;______;

Favourite Guitarist

Ol Drake (born Oliver Michael Drake, 28 March 1984, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England) is the lead guitarist of Englishthrash metal group, Evile.

Drake and his brother, Matt Drake, were brought up in a musical environment, with the sound of Camel, Guns N' Roses and The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Drake's father, Tony, played guitar from a young age and played in many local bands (Rudy and the Zipps), sharing bills with early incarnations of Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. Drake and friends would ask Tony to play tunes for them, like the Batman theme tune, and he could make the guitar "cry", which intrigued Ol.[1] Matt Drake, having received classical guitar lessons when young, obtained a Fender copy electric guitar for a birthday.[1] With future Evile drummer Ben Carter visiting the house, and also being a fan of Metallica and the guitar, Ol Drake was intrigued by the songs and the guitar.[1] Matt started Ol on the path of heavy metal by introducing him to the music of Metallica. Drake, then aged 16, picked up Matt's guitar when possible and taught himself from then on. His parents being supportive would go on to support him in buying an instrument.

Drake also started to play the drums, inspired by a visit to guitar virtuoso Maurizio Mielle's store in Milnsbridge. He would spend a full day playing on a kit, set up directly above a hairdressers. Drake would play in a few bands on the drums, but his heart was always with the guitar.[1]

When Drake reached music college, he developed an interest in music theory, jazz and classical music, which opened up his playing and progress on the guitar. He also developed an interest and skill in playing drums.

After Evile was formed, Drake spent all of his personal time on the guitar. A friend would buy him Testament's Practice What You Preach which got him heavily into Thrash, though he had already discovered Metallica and Sepultura. Matt bought Ol Annihilator's "Never, Neverland" for his birthday, as their father owned Annihilator's Alice in Hell. Drake was fascinated with Jeff Waters' playing and Drake learned Waters' guitar work.

Drake would eventually go on to discover Moser Custom Shop guitars via the internet. He bought their "Bastard V", and has used this guitar for every concert since.[1]

He spent several years notating guitar tablature for the majority of Annihilator's back catalogue. Jeff Waters, impressed by his work, dedicated a page on the Annihilator website to his tabs.[2]

Drake made a guest appearance on The Berzerker bassist Sam Bean's solo project The Senseless, performing a guest solo on the track "Promise".

In December 2008, Drake paid tribute to the late Chuck Schuldiner, by posting a cover of Death's "Voice of the Soul" online, along with a video slideshow of Schuldiner related images.[3]

In September 2009, Schmier from Destruction asked Drake to stand in for their guitarist, Mike Sifringer, who broke his fingers forcing Destruction to find a temporary replacement, for their performance at Portugal's Caos Emergente Festival.[4]

At the UK's Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth in 2010 Ol joined comedian Tim Minchin on stage for his track "Rock N Roll Nerd".[5][6]

Ol appeared as a guest on Destruction's 2011 album Day of Reckoning stating that it was "An experience I'll never forget".[7] On June 29 '11 Ol revealed the solos which he contributed are as follows: "The Price" (1:09-1:20, 2:09-2:15 and 2:23-2:29), "Devil's Advocate" (3:08-3:21), "Sorcerer of Black Magic" (2:36-3:14), "Sheep of the Regime" (4:06-fade) and "Stand Up and Shout (Dio Cover)" (1:25-1:52 and 2:28-end).[8]

Favourite Drummer

Eugene "Gene" Victor Hoglan II (born August 31, 1967 in Dallas, Texas) is an Americandrummer. He is acclaimed for his creativity in drum arrangements, including usage of odd devices for percussion effects and his trademark lengthy double-kick drum rhythms (using what he calls "kick triplets"). His highly technical playing is extremely accurate at very high and challenging tempos, earning him the nicknames "The Atomic Clock" and "Human Drum Machine". He is best known for his works with the bands Devin Townsend, Dark Angel, Death, Dethklok, Strapping Young Lad, Pitch Black Forecast, Testament[1] and most recently Fear Factory. He has temporarily rejoined Testament to record the drum tracks for their upcoming tenth album, entitled The Dark Roots of Earth, which is due for release on April 27th 2012.

Hoglan got his first drum kit when he was 13 and he is completely self-taught. He started jamming along to his Kiss and Rush records,[2] with Peter Crissand Neil Peart being his early influences on his style.[3] Later Cozy Powell, Tommy Aldridge, Rob Reiner of Anvil, Rob "Wacko" Hunter of Raven and Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor got him into the double bass drumming.[3] Other influences include Stevie Wonder, Alex Van Halen, Steve Smith, Deen Castronovo,Mark Craney, Terry Bozzio, Bill Bruford, Steve Gadd, Sonny Emory, Rick Colaluca of Watchtower, Bobby Jarzombek, Dave Culross, Nick Mason.[4][5]

In 1983, Hoglan began his music career as a roadie (lights engineer) for the thrash metal band Slayer, where he also played the drums during concert soundchecks.[6] He did also backing vocals in the song Evil Has No Bundaries, from the first Slayer record Show No Mercy. He contributed in the recording of Haunting the Chapel (1984), holding Dave Lombardo's drumkit together, while recording "Chemical Warfare", because there was not a carpet in the studio. He became an influence in Lombardo drumming style and speed, although Hoglan said he gave him a bunch of tips, never really gave him lessons[2]and the first double bass kit he ever played was Lombardo's.[2]

In 1984, he was part of the band War God with Michelle Meldrum.[6] At the end of the same year he was asked to join the thrash metal band Dark Angel as the drummer.[6] He penned most of the lyrics for Dark Angel's next three albums. He achieved greater fame during the mid-1990s playing with Death, at the same time that bandleader Chuck Schuldiner was taking that group into a more progressive style. Subsequently, he recorded one album with the thrash metal band Testament, and made the acquaintance of Canadian multi-instrumentalist Devin Townsend, forging a lasting friendship. He has since recorded several albums with Townsend, both as part of the speed/industrial/death metal band Strapping Young Lad and under Devin Townsend's name.

Hoglan was also part of death metal band Tenet, a side project of Strapping Young Lad guitarist Jed Simon, from 2003 to 2007. Hoglan left the band on amiable terms in January, 2007. He was replaced by Adrian Erlandsson only to return to the group in June of the same year. Hoglan recorded his drum parts for the entirety of the following album in a mere two days.[citation needed]

In 2004, for the Vancouver, British Columbia show of progressive metal band Opeth's Lamentations tour, Hoglan stood in for Martin Lopez, who was said to be having panic attacks.[7] Opeth's drum tech had filled in for the two previous dates on the tour and Lopez rejoined the band for the Seattle, Washingtonshow.

In 2005, Hoglan stood in once again for Lopez for the majority of the Sounds of the Underground tour when Lopez began having more panic attacks.[7]Hoglan played double duty by playing a set with Strapping Young Lad then later that night performing with Opeth. It was later announced Lopez had a rare blood disorder and was seeking treatment. Hoglan also appears in Opeth's music video "The Grand Conjuration" as they filmed it on the tour while in Los Angeles, California.

Other bands have also recruited Hoglan as a session drummer. He has recorded albums with the Norwegian black metal band Old Man's Child and the Danish death metal band Daemon. Additionally he has done production and engineering work for other albums and demos. He was also asked to do drums for death metallers Nile on their album In Their Darkened Shrines, but he turned this down, citing Tony Laureano for a better choice. He was then asked again to drum with them, but (along with Derek Roddy) recommended Greek drummer George Kollias to drum with them, citing that Nile was "not of his musical tastes". Since then, Hoglan and Kollias have been close friends, and both are well respected drummers within the extreme metal community. Hoglan also was recruited by the Vancouver Groove Metal band, The Almighty Punchdrunk, and appeared as a band member for their only album to date, Music For Them Asses, which was released in 2001.

Hoglan is working with Dethklok, the band from the animated TV show Metalocalypse. The show was co-created by stand-up comedian/actor/musician Brendon Small, who also composes or performs all of the music. Hoglan features in Dethklok's debut album, The Dethalbum, which was released on September 25, 2007.[8] He toured during the summer of 2008 with the live band as the drummer. He later performed on Dethalbum II, the sequel album released on September 29, 2009, and has toured with Brendon Small performing as Dethklok.

Hoglan filled in as the drummer for Unearth when their then drummer, Mike Justian, quit on tour. He has also joined the metal band Pitch Black Forecast, with former Mushroomhead singer Jason Popson, as the band's permanent drummer. Even more recently, Hoglan was announced as the drummer for the reunited Bay Area Thrash metal band Forbidden's reunion tour, replacing original Forbidden drummer Paul Bostaph.[9]

Hoglan played drums for Zimmers Hole's third studio album When You Were Shouting at the Devil...We Were in League With Satan in 2008.

Currently, Gene is the drummer for Fear Factory, and played on their latest release Mechanize. As of June 2011, he is temporarily back in Testament, where he is recording their new album The Dark Roots of Earth. He's filling in for Paul Bostaph, who is unable to participate in the recording sessions because of a "serious injury".[10]

And all time Favourite Musician - PERIOD

Devin Garret Townsend (born May 5, 1972) is a Canadianmusician and record producer. He was the founder, songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist inextreme metal band Strapping Young Lad from 1994 to 2007 and has had an extensive career as a solo artist.

After performing in a number of metal bands in high school, Townsend was discovered by a record label in 1993 and was asked to perform lead vocals onSteve Vai's album Sex & Religion. After recording and touring with Vai, Townsend was discouraged by what he found in the music industry, and vented his anger on a solo album released under the pseudonym Strapping Young Lad. He soon assembled a band under the name, and released the critically acclaimed City in 1997. Since then, he has released three more studio albums with Strapping Young Lad, along with solo material released under his own independent record label, HevyDevy Records. Townsend's solo albums, a diverse mix of hard rock and progressive metal, have featured a varying lineup of supporting musicians. In 2002 he formed The Devin Townsend Band, a dedicated lineup which recorded and toured for two of his solo releases.

In 2007, Townsend disbanded both Strapping Young Lad and The Devin Townsend Band, taking a break from touring to spend more time with his family. After a two-year hiatus, he began work on a four-album series called The Devin Townsend Project, with each album written in a different style. The first two entries in the series, Ki and Addicted, were released in 2009. Townsend scheduled tours throughout Australia and North America in 2010 in support of the albums, and released the next two, Deconstruction and Ghost, in 2011.

Townsend's trademark production style, featuring a heavily multitracked wall of sound, has been compared to the styles of Phil Spector and Frank Zappa. His versatile vocal delivery ranges from screaming to an opera-esque singing, and his songwriting is similarly diverse. Townsend's musical style is rooted in metal, and his albums are written to express different aspects of his personality.

http://en.wikipedia....nsend#Biography

Significant Albums:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Mr. Cricket

• 2 weeks later...