Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favourite Musicians or Band

Legit101

I was going to but Tosin. But you dear awesome sir, have beat me to it. So here one of mine.

MISHA MANSOOR

Posted Image

He is the guitarist of the band periphery and has a solo project called Bulb. He is amazing and his grooves with make you want to jitter bug.

Dammit! I was gonna post Tosin too, my second choice was Misha! At least it's good to know these incredibly talented guys aren't going unnoticed. :lol:

One of my Fav's at the moment. Gutherie Govan! This guy is a god among men!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

Guthrie Govan (born 27 December 1971 in Chelmsford, Essex, England) is a guitarist known for his work with the bands Asia (2001–2006), GPS, The Young Punx and The Fellowship as well as Erotic Cakes (a vehicle for his own music). He is a noted guitar teacher through his work with the UK magazine Guitar Techniques, Guildford’s Academy of Contemporary Music and currently the Brighton Institute of Modern Music. He is the 1993 winner of Guitarist magazine's "Guitarist of the Year" competition.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my list of favorites:

Rush

Avenged Sevenfold

Disturbed

Metallica

My Chemical Romance

Atreyu

Green Day

Rage Against the Machine

AC/DC

Slipknot

System of a Down

Queen

Edited by RainbowDash92

At present, my favorite artists are the Mills Brothers. There are very few works by them that I can pass up. They were a very popular vocal group starting from around the early 1930's all the way to the 1960's and beyond. Their popularity was well deserved and they even made it into the vocal group hall of fame.

- better quality example.

Modest Mouse, Ugly Casanova, Passion Pit, Fleet Foxes, Morning Teleportation.

They're all great bands, I'd suggest looking up some songs by them. They won't disappoint!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

It's impossible for me to choose one :blink:

Iron Maiden

Metallica

Disturbed

Slipknot

Wednesday 13

Murderdolls

Avenged Sevenfold

Green Day

Offspring

The Misfits

Social Distortion

Kalmah

Rammstein

Amon Amarth

Insomnium

Draconian

Korn

Linkin Park

Blind Guardian

Sonata Arctica

Children of Bodom

DJ Tiesto

Cosmic Gate

Alex S

Mando Pony

Peak Freak

Aviators

The list goes on and on lol

• Brohoof 1

I have a deep-rooted love for Megadeth. Their various themes, styles, etc... They all are very pleasing to me. I absolutely love them.

A close second would have to be GWAR, who are possible the most obscene folks that ever graced thrash metal. Their blatant disrespect for what is considered moral in this country is very appealing. It's as if you're touching the face of taboo, and that makes it all the more exciting to listen to.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of the following guitar players: Tobin Abasi, Fredrik Thordendal, Munky and Head (Korn), Misha Mansoor, Stephen Carpenter, Dave Mustaine, and Jeff Loomis.

Oh, and Buckethead is always a fav. B)

But other instruments.... I like Tomas Haake and Morgen Agren.

Liquid Tension Experiment or what I like to call the quartet of awesome is my favorite "band" as of late. Favorite musicians consist of not just the 4 from LTE but also Guthrie Govan, Shawn Lane, Paul Gilbert, Jonas Hellborg and Adam Hurst.

(edited)

Too many to list so I'll take the first one that comes to mind: Rammstein.

sonata Arctica

Nightwish comes in a close second.

These two as well.

Sonata Arctica doesn't seem so popular here, only three people have mentioned them. :(

Edited by Tom

• 1 month later...