Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lets start a religion!

SailorCardKnight

I'm half joking, yet also half serious here.

Think about it for a sec. What does religion have in common with the brony community? Quite a bit actually. Both inspire people to do great things. Both inspire people in positive ways. Both inspire some to change for the better...

Now I'm not sating we should suddenly start literally worshiping Celestia and Luna as our gods, make Twilight Sparkle Jesus Christ, Faust being the one who started writing the Bible, and the show staff being the ones who continue to add to it.

But rather we should better organize the thoughts and ideals already in place, have several spokespersons (which would be ideal in keeping the community organized during future community disasters on the level of Derpygate, the Unicon financial meltdown, and the Twilicorn drama), and have it presentable and appealing in such a way so those who *aren't* pony fans would be willing to jump in and help spread such ideas.

We should call it "The Church of Harmony", or "Friendship-ism".

The best part? Friendship-ism accepts all those who believe in other religions.

....Just a wild idea thats been rolling around in my head for a while now that I somehow felt compelled to post at 4am while half asleep.

Thoughts? Or should I have just kicked the thought into the back of my head and completely forget about it?

Ehh, we're a subculture, I'd prefer to keep it that way, going as far as to make a religion for our fandom will make us receive more hate, even if we all don't follow it, it'll drag part of the fandom a long with it, and it's really been discussed before, there was an old thread that pretty much got talked out of the idea...

BESIDES, WE GOT CLOUDISM

cloud.jpg

ALL HAIL MIGHTY CLOUDIA, HUA SHALL BRING MAGIC AND THE FRIENDCHIPS

• Brohoof 5

I can see what you're getting at here. There are many religions that don't worship any god, Buddhism being the main example. But, it's seems a bit too far, at least to me.

BESIDES WE ALREADY HAVE TREEISM

Oh, we have religions on here too. I can't say that they are better then the religions we have now. But I agree that Trixieism and Cloudism are the best religions.

Ehh, we're a subculture, I'd prefer to keep it that way, going as far as to make a religion for our fandom will make us receive more hate, even if we all don't follow it, it'll drag part of the fandom a long with it, and it's really been discussed before, there was an old thread that pretty much got talked out of the idea...

I had a feeling someone must've had the same ideas and made another thread already. Ah well, as stated, it was just a silly, wild idea.

snip

What a great way to show people that Bronies aren't weird and delusional people! Forming a religion over a cartoon will surely prove that Bronies DON'T have a screw loose! I'm a Brony, but I find this idea to be absolutely embarrassing. Get a grip. It's just a cartoon! Even if done only in fun, this idea is disastrous.

There is no need to fan hater flames by intentionally making Bronies look like asses and nut-jobs.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Now I'm not sating we should suddenly start literally worshiping Celestia and Luna as our gods, make Twilight Sparkle Jesus Christ, Faust being the one who started writing the Bible, and the show staff being the ones who continue to add to it.

Too late for me haha.

As long as this religion has dragons in it i will follow it. This does have some logic to it i mean there is one religion that started out like this. (not going to say which one) It's a fun idea to poke at but i think it should stay an idea if we dont want any negative attention pointed our way. 

We already have a religion. It's called Trixieism. It's a religion in which we celebrate the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria. Our holy day is on Tuesday.

img-1166717-2-X1j7vrR.gif

We even have a flag!

img-1166717-1-MpZECo7.png

Why would we need a religion celebrating all the ponies when we already have one celebrating the best?

I was about to come here to spread the true faith, but Firebolt beat me to it.

Why another religion devoted to worshiping harmony and friendship?  Tons of religions already have that focus.  There are not, though, contemporary religions which worship greatness, power, merit, and honor.  Trixieism could change that; there's a need for it in the world, while I don't see much of a need for friendship-ism.  Even if you don't agree with Trixieism's morals of greatness, certainly we can all realize that there needs to be a counterbalance to the mercy-loving, "slave-morality" religions of today's world.

And the best part: as long as you hail Trixie as greatest pony, you can belong to other religions besides Trixieism!  Trust me, I belong to three other made-up religions.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you in many ways: if you are a brony, you believe in the magic of friendship. Friendism!

We have Lunaism so we're good.

Deal but I would have to be the top priest or, something like the pope of the rising sun or stuff like that. Also that thing about not paying taxes is freaking awesome.

Also it would be awesome to make the "step to adulthood" to design your own "talent tattoo" and got it on your side. just an ide

again DIBS AS SUPREME PRIEST.

lolno.

Seriously.

I would just feel.. ashamed.. to be honest. I mean really. I find this silly. Like.. Really silly.. I understand everyone has different opinions, but this is very, VERY silly. I would be ASHAMED to be called a brony/pegasister/pony fan. 

As if we don't get enough trouble.. I'm sorry for the rudeness, but this is my honest feels on this.

• Brohoof 3

Deal but I would have to be the top priest or, something like the pope of the rising sun or stuff like that. Also that thing about not paying taxes is freaking awesome.

Also it would be awesome to make the "step to adulthood" to design your own "talent tattoo" and got it on your side. just an ide

You are not top priest and will never be top priest. Why, because you don't have the power. And if you think you do, then we have a lot to talk about... because there's this thing called the truth. And one does not make it up as they go along. Power is earned. You do not just create a rule and then try and give yourself power. Becuase of you believe you have the right to do that, The Vatican is waiting for you and Starswirl Trixie below right here.

I was about to come here to spread the true faith, but Firebolt beat me to it.

Why another religion devoted to worshiping harmony and friendship?  Tons of religions already have that focus.  There are not, though, contemporary religions which worship greatness, power, merit, and honor.  Trixieism could change that; there's a need for it in the world, while I don't see much of a need for friendship-ism.  Even if you don't agree with Trixieism's morals of greatness, certainly we can all realize that there needs to be a counterbalance to the mercy-loving, "slave-morality" religions of today's world.

And the best part: as long as you hail Trixie as greatest pony, you can belong to other religions besides Trixieism!  Trust me, I belong to three other made-up religions.

I'm not even going to comment... but I shoot down your idea....

How about lets not and say we didn't.

http://youtu.be/yOKRGPeEy4o

Seriously, what is this going to accomplish other than bring out the crazies and give fuel to the trolls?

Because we can teach the world about the true power of Love. For if Celestia did not love us; she wouldn't have granted us a special gift...

I challenge anyone in this thread to tell me all about spirituality, the soul, light, dark, love, hate, positive, negative, your mind, thought, emotions, God, Satan, the whole works. If you can't even tell me how Satan decieves all of you in the physical world like it does in my scripture of Spike At Your Service, you have no business even remotely pretending to start a religion of good faith that would benefit everyone regardless of what they believed. Even God, knows whom the beast is and what they mean to the world, and was able to put it into my little pony. Many of you don't even know what your spiritual gifts are let alone how to use your own spiritual gifts. If you haven't watched my video's, or you are too lazy too, then once again, i'll remind you that it's you, that are more lost then you ever knew. And didn't my scripture say all are never lost? Well, let me tell you something else my blog said ponies, a pony must be a hero to themselves, before they can be hero to all. For if my material were not true and did not work, it would not have been created, and God would not have told my story and truth in the scripture. And all i hear all the time like a bunch of whiny little babies is how bored you are, how distracted you are, how depressed you are, how much you are afraid. There's good things you guys say too, but on a scale as a whole...

Well, you see... lightening struck the Vatican... and I said in my blog... all we need is lightning, with power and might, striking down the prophets of false... So I'm afraid you little filly's alot to prove to me before any of you can even remotely begin to start calling yourself anything. Cause I least, can explain more then enough that would make your head spin. Oh, wait, I already have, you all have sadly confirmed that you are all too lazy to learn.... That's why God gave me this gift that I have. Want me to teach? I have, it's called love, which i've shared with you since I've been here. Sadly, no one likes to follow the rules? What rules? The kind of rules that allow to make a series of videos on youtube and begin changing the world.

That is why, I am also here, to talk about this thing called love and tolerance, because the world is anything but (on a grand scale) that... 

The real question here is, if you've been paying attention and been a good little pony under Celestia... would you wear a tail just like I do....? Cause I also said in my blog.... it's "who dares, wins."  Because this party, my little pony, is only just getting started...

Edit: Cause, I've beaten everypony to the punch since day one on the forums here...

Edited by TwilightCircuits
  • Brohoof 1

wat

I lol'd. You will never, repeat never get "supreme priest".

Also that thing about not paying taxes is freaking awesome.

When did taxes got to do with this thread?

Also it would be awesome to make the "step to adulthood" to design your own "talent tattoo" and got it on your side. just an idea*

That's called a cutie mark.

Well, I'm done here. OP, that's a horrible idea, please don't consider making this.

*snip*

I'm not even going to comment... but I shoot down your idea....

*snip*

I don't mean this as an insult: I legitimately cannot tell whether your above post was trolling or not.

If it was: Good for you, successfully confusing me, although you may want to adopt a more efficient trolling style; writing out a long post for only a bit of lulz could be improved.

If it wasn't: You probably shouldn't treat threads like this as actual religious discussions.  No one in this thread appears to be seriously willing to adopt a pony religion theology.

If it was silly, but with a dab of seriousness in it (like my post): Please tell me what problem you have with my post.  I would like to see this discussion...

I don't mean this as an insult: I legitimately cannot tell whether your above post was trolling or not.

If it was: Good for you, successfully confusing me, although you may want to adopt a more efficient trolling style; writing out a long post for only a bit of lulz could be improved.

If it wasn't: You probably shouldn't treat threads like this as actual religious discussions.  No one in this thread appears to be seriously willing to adopt a pony religion theology.

If it was silly, but with a dab of seriousness in it (like my post): Please tell me what problem you have with my post.  I would like to see this discussion...

I'm not confused. If I would not say what I said if I was. I'm also not trolling as that would not be very nice. For if I wanted nothing other then your love then would I not tell you truth? I would, as a true prophet makes their covenent with God, with a seal. Something I already did in my video's on youtube. Wouldn't asking God to do something for you prove to oneself the existence of God? Well, sure proved it to me.... So go ahead... ask me anything... I've already said in my blog that you can talk to me about anything, the real question is, are you brave enough to do it? So far, no one is for some reason, but I wasn't lieing about what i said about ponies being lazy. Even I can be guilty of that sometimes. But then again, I've put alot of work into the scripture in not only its creation, but also it's translation from the episodes.

I just want to know... Does any pony want to help me make a plague like Swarm of the Century on Sunday? I could really use one of those fairly soon.

That's called a cutie mark.

You-Dont-Say.jpg

You do not just create a rule and then try and give yourself power. Becuase of you believe you have the right to do that,

Dood I hope this is sarcasm because if you dont you need to get your nose into some reading. You see the our kind is so funny and diriculous that even when all whay you say could be considered as the right thing history just proves you wrong and wrong again with a very long list of "religions" or "cults" that have been around our culture.

Take for example the favorite religion of the webs Scientology, LDS Church, Aum Shinrikyo to say a few examples of how the one who called DIBS, got to be the top religious figure. That doesnt goes just for mother times as an example Akhenaten in ancient Egypt  changed the religion of his empire to be the figure of god in earth... until he died and everybody kind of tried to take out his name from histoy.

so yeah... I CAL DIBS TO BE THE ALL POWERFUL INCARNATION OF FRIENDSHIP ILL SHOW THE WAY TO HARMONY

Edited by Colt

You-Dont-Say.jpg

Dood I hope this is sarcasm because if you dont you need to get your nose into some reading. You see the our kind is so funny and diriculous that even when all whay you say could be considered as the right thing history just proves you wrong and wrong again with a very long list of "religions" or "cults" that have been around our culture.

Take for example the favorite religion of the webs Scientology, LDS Church, Aum Shinrikyo to say a few examples of how the one who called DIBS, got to be the top religious figure. That doesnt goes just for mother times as an example Akhenaten in ancient Egypt  changed the religion of his empire to be the figure of god in earth... until he died and everybody kind of tried to take out his name from histoy.

so yeah... I CAL DIBS TO BE THE ALL POWERFUL INCARNATION OF FRIENDSHIP ILL SHOW THE WAY TO HARMONY

Nice try pony. But you see, I can challenge you to a game of knowledge then. Because, I already have a damn good head start as it isn't going to cost me any money, I don't have to ask you to give me any, I won't ask you to go to a building of any sort, and not only that, I wouldn't try to make anything up. Because if I've made my covenant and established my seal with God, then I have every right to challenge you to spirtual knowledge. And I can do that from right here. 

Because if I've made my covenant and established my seal with God, then I have every right to challenge you to spirtual knowledge. And I can do that from right here. 

Sorry what? did you say something?. Ill excuse you from  your rudeness by babbling to yourself you'll see I cant hear you over the sound of how divine I am and how Religiously-powerful my new sacred hat is. 

post-9346-0-32935300-1363412023_thumb.jpg

Maybe if you bow a little and place "Your eminence" or "Your all mighty harmonicness" before your words the sound of your unworthy voice could reach my ears. But again please don't be afraid to be wrong, after all to forgive is divine. 

Edited by Colt

Sorry what? did you say something?. Ill excuse you from  your rudeness by babbling to yourself you'll see I cant hear you over the sound of how divine I am and how Religiously-powerful my new sacred hat is. 

attachicon.gifcanthearyouImdevine.jpg

Maybe if you bow a little and place "Your eminence" or "Your all mighty harmonicness" before your words the sound of your unworthy voice could reach my ears. But again please don't be afraid to be wrong, after all to forgive is divine. 

Your words are of cruel intention and are a pathetic attempt at mockery. For you have not accepted my challenge. Would I not love my knowledge and have faith in my knowledge and how i teach it enough to able to challenge you to it? I do. So yeah, I did say something pony. I said, do you accept my challenge? Because, I really do have a pretty damn good head start, if thou would simply step out from the darkness and learn how my knowledge would bring love back to thee... For to love My Little Pony, is to already love the work of Celestia. And to create the scripture, and blog the truth, is to also do Celestia's work. So come bring it pony. I'm just getting started, for I don't need you to beg for forgiveness when I already forgave you for not accepting my challenge previously and mocking me before we have even talked about a single thing which isn't very loving from your part.

No, everyone should follow Coltenism, where they bow down to me and have to wear graphic tees and jeans and light coats that are so big they may as well be a black lab coat.

Edited by Uζεrηλmξ

I'm not confused. If I would not say what I said if I was. I'm also not trolling as that would not be very nice. For if I wanted nothing other then your love then would I not tell you truth? I would, as a true prophet makes their covenent with God, with a seal. Something I already did in my video's on youtube. Wouldn't asking God to do something for you prove to oneself the existence of God? Well, sure proved it to me.... So go ahead... ask me anything... I've already said in my blog that you can talk to me about anything, the real question is, are you brave enough to do it? So far, no one is for some reason, but I wasn't lieing about what i said about ponies being lazy. Even I can be guilty of that sometimes. But then again, I've put alot of work into the scripture in not only its creation, but also it's translation from the episodes.

I just want to know... Does any pony want to help me make a plague like Swarm of the Century on Sunday? I could really use one of those fairly soon.

I've looked at a few of your blog posts, but I can't quite figure you out.  Please explain what the theology of your religion is.  I'd prefer it in more philosophical, logical terms (ex. what you might find on a Wikipedia page about religion), not in poetic form.

PS: Reading your posts, I still think you're trolling.  Looking at your profile, I'm not so sure...

Edited by TRIXIE Starswirl TRIXIE

lolno.

Seriously.

I would just feel.. ashamed.. to be honest. I mean really. I find this silly. Like.. Really silly.. I understand everyone has different opinions, but this is very, VERY silly. I would be ASHAMED to be called a brony/pegasister/pony fan. 

As if we don't get enough trouble.. I'm sorry for the rudeness, but this is my honest feels on this.

ETCMAqI.jpg

2rKPSTJ.jpg

Seriously though as the user I quoted said the community gets plenty of unnecessary hate as it is. The last thing we need is having factions devoted to a particular pony. There is no need to brew a huge storm like this...

Edited by ~Scootaloo