Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you put off by the art?

Rainbow    Dash

I have seen the shows take on the humanized mane 6. I have to say they went in the wrong direction with this one. I looked and the art reminds me of Monster High(as far as the characters humanized versions) and another cartoon show called Winkz Club (i think) With that being said Are you reluctant to watch the show due to the artwork?

• Brohoof 8

spikedog+2.JPG

The artwork should be the least of your worries.

208762__safe_rarity_animated_image-macro

I don't have any worries about it because I don't care. Things really worked out great this time. :)

• Brohoof 9

No not at all. In fact it makes me want to watch the show even more. Here I'll give you an example...

Take a look at my favorites: http://scootaloofluttershy.deviantart.com/favourites/ (all of my favorite are mainly of the CMC, Rarity, Pinkie,  Fluttershy, and they're all in there proper form :))

Now tell me those don't make you happy and make you still want to watch MLP.

Yes. Yes I am. I find the art absolutely atrocious and dislike the fact that they have cutie marks on their faces. What is that? And why is their skin the same color as their pony coats? It's weird, and freaky. But most bothersome - why the heck do they not have horns? They have the wings, and it's like... it is inconsistent. They probably thought the horns would look bad. And I'm like... really? Out of all of the things you had (weird skin colors, wings, cutie marks on faces), you take issue with that? It's both amusing and ridiculous.

I'll probably give it a shot anyway as I hated MLP's art at first too, but... I get the feeling I won't be warming up to that art style anytime soon.

• Brohoof 23

Yes. Yes I am. I find the art absolutely atrocious and dislike the fact that they have cutie marks on their faces. What is that? And why is their skin the same color as their pony coats? It's weird, and freaky. But most bothersome - why the heck do they not have horns? They have the wings, and it's like... it is inconsistent. They probably thought the horns would look bad. And I'm like... really? Out of all of the things you had (weird skin colors, wings, cutie marks on faces), you take issue with that? It's both amusing and ridiculous.

I'll probably give it a shot anyway as I hated MLP's art at first too, but... I get the feeling I won't be warming up to that art style anytime soon.

Sorry to be the ditsy one here however I need to make sure: are you referring to the "Equestria Girls" show art? or are you talking about MLP art?

If you're talking about MLP art then I don't know why you'd say that, because a lot of fan art I see looks great (not all, but a lot of it).

If you're talking about EG then I can understand that to a point.

Sorry to be the ditsy one here however I need to make sure: are you referring to the "Equestria Girls" show art? or are you talking about MLP art?

If you're talking about MLP art then I don't know why you'd say that, because a lot of fan art I see looks great (not all, but a lot of it).

I'm talking about the Equestria Girls show art. Not MLP art. Sorry if that was unclear in my post. I just meant to say that I disliked the MLP art originally and came to like it at some point, so I can't use that to judge this series adequately.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, thats why its in the Equestra Girls section

Yeah im right with you. I thought it was going to be actually animated human versions of the characters. when I saw the concept art i was hoping it was a joke. The weird skin colors are hard to look at but i can get past that. the lack of horns though. Did the unicorns suddenly lose their horn and become earth ponies? The wings are disproportionate to the bodies. Cutie Marks on the Arms would have been more logical then the face.

I will still give the show a watch

• Brohoof 2

Like the poster above said... the art is the least of my worries. My main worry is that they're friggin' humans! I know this is the Equestria Girls section, but still, blech!

And yes, I'm also put off by the art. They just look totally weird and misproportioned, even for a human cartoon.

Yeah, thats why its in the Equestra Girls section

You sure you don't need to get your eyes checked out?

1yukNaa.png

Fun Fact: the screenshot itself is not photo shopped. You can thank "Inspect Element" in Google Chrome for that :D

OT: Yes I'll likely be giving EG a try before I trash it a well.

Hello!

I am distracted by it quite a bit. The designs are preety creepy, plus Dog spike is just dissapointing... Cutie marks on their faces make them look like Pimps or Mike tyson. I think the whole idea of "Equestria girls" is just as bad as Alicorn twilight was. (Personal opinions). I've seen much better designs from fan works, even though i'm not a fan of humanized ponies...

Rainbow dash looks like a Na'vi (Blue skin), Pinkie looks like she has an allergic reaction (Pink skin), Rarity looks like a zombie (White skin), and so on... I know it might have even looked worse if they had normal skin colours, and would have might brang some racial discrimination, though that just proves, that the idea of "Equestria girls" doesn't work!

• Brohoof 1

Uh, I didn't know this existed until just now, but I basically agree for the same reasons everyone's been saying. Cutie marks on the face are stupid, odd skin tones are weird. I think, though, that maybe one of the reasons they left the skin colors that way was not to break people's expectations. I look up human pony fan art sometimes, and to me, it's always weird to see what different racial profiles people give to everyone. For some reason, there's a huge amount of people who draw Twilight as black. I don't have a problem with it (obviously, it's someone's artistic vision, and they're entitled to that) but that's not how I'd see her in my head. So maybe to not have to deal with the race thing, maybe they just left their skin color. With the cutie marks, they all just have them on their skirts anyway. Why not just leave it at that? Speaking of which, why do they all have to wear skirts? I mean, Rarity is a given and Fluttershy, I can totally see. Pinkie and Twi could go either way, but why do AJ and Rainbow have to be wearing skirts? A big part of why I like MLP is because it features a wide range of different kinds of female characters, and that being yourself is a big theme throughout the show. It doesn't matter if you're a little weird or shy or boyish or geeky or whatever. You can just be yourself. To me, having them all in skirts totally doesn't keep in line with MLP's message, and it really irks me.

spikedog+2.JPG

The artwork should be the least of your worries.

Dude...what is that.

Please I'm starting to get worried, what the hell is that?

Is that supposed to be Spike? Why the hell did they make Spike a dog? I don't get it, how is he a dog? Why is he a dog? It makes no sense whatsoever. Is that supposed to be implying that he was always just Twilight pet, rather than friend?

The plot of Equestria girls was bad enough to start with (travul to da hooman wurld to make new friends, or something like that). It'll be hard enough for them to fit in with weird skin colors, wings and tattoos under their eyes, let alone walking around with a half dog half dragon hybrid (which can also talk.)

The art style for equestria girls is pretty horrid, I must say. For my little pony itself, the art style was one of the main attractions that kept me interested in the show. It was cute, colorful and very appealing to the eyes. I even enjoyed the art long before i started watching the show, I could stare at ponies all day.

There are so many issues with the art style now. The skin color is horrific, the wings are out of place and completely unfitting, and their overall shapes are frustrating to look at. And why must they have their cutiemarks on their faces? It makes me just want to slap it right off! And lastly, why do the unicorns not have any horns? Now Rarity is an Earth-Human, and Twilight is a pegasus. So much wrong right there. D:

I honestly can't stand to look at it, and it makes me want to wach my eyes with alcohol. I think they are going with a much more girly approach with this show, cause I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to appeal to bronies here.

• Brohoof 1

Two words, fillies and gentlecolts.  I can express my confusion with the art style in just two words.  Are you ready for them?

Megaman Boots

Dafuq, amirite?

Im just so unsure about it, I guess it can go some where. But i believe in all matters its kind of weird and I don't like it. But what ever floats there boats I guess.

Dude...what is that.

Please I'm starting to get worried, what the hell is that?

Is that supposed to be Spike? Why the hell did they make Spike a dog? I don't get it, how is he a dog? Why is he a dog? It makes no sense whatsoever. Is that supposed to be implying that he was always just Twilight pet, rather than friend?

The plot of Equestria girls was bad enough to start with (travul to da hooman wurld to make new friends, or something like that). It'll be hard enough for them to fit in with weird skin colors, wings and tattoos under their eyes, let alone walking around with a half dog half dragon hybrid (which can also talk.)

I believe that is just artwork of Littlest Pet Shop, another show by Hasbro. There's also a dog there that has Twilight's color scheme, so I wouldn't worry about the whole 'Spike is a pet?' thing.

It doesn't seem like a workable thing to me.

However, I guess Hasbro will try to make it work, so they can sell Equestria Girls dolls and toys. After all, Hasbro is a toy company.

• Brohoof 2

What do I care about the art. The art can be horrible for all I care.

It's the story that's more important. Without a good story to keep us in the show will fall.

Actually thu do need at least a decent artwork, but like I said it's not the worst of my problems.

• Brohoof 1

For the love of Molestia why is Hasbro being so bloody stupid? I know company's don't always make good decisions, but why the fuck would they think this is a good idea?! I think I know why...

VQYCRnS.png

I guess the art is very creepy, but the real judging will have to be when the spinoff is showed to us.

For now, this image will show you what I feel about the art.

789.gif

• Brohoof 2

I guess the art is very creepy, but the real judging will have to be when the spinoff is showed to us.

For now, this image will show you what I feel about the art.

789.gif

Sorry to knitpick however how the heck can she press the proper keys when her hoove(s) takes up the majority of the screen when she tries to use the touch screen?

OT: HASBRO save yourself before its too late...

Edited by ~Scootaloo

Sorry to knitpick however how the heck can she press the proper keys when her hoove(s) takes up the majority of the screen when she tries to use the touch screen?

OT: HASBRO save yourself before its too late...

It's a mystery. :P I guess Vinyl likes to break the 4th wall or at least, the laws of pony physics. But, Hasbro better think of something quick or that spinoff will end up like those buried copies of E.T. the Game in the desert.

Yes. The character designs, both concepts, are absolutely horrid. Each character has no individuality in them besides a minute change in the hair and a switch in the color palette. Their hands, face, clothing, body, and legs are completely identical with each other.

You can block out the designs into silhouettes; you won't be able to recognize who the characters are. If you can't really differentiate and individualize them as characters, then the character designs become nothing more than carbon copies with small details slapped onto them. That's lazy character design with the mere excuse to sell toys, and Hasbro doesn't give a damn about quality as long as the bottom line shoots up like the stock market. Quality can cost more, but they're a hell of a lot more refreshing to the buyers.

And anyone who handwaves it all and says, "Wait and see" is acting extremely naïve. High-quality character design is CRUCIAL to getting people sucked in. It's a hook that sends a message to your audience that you care about the overall product. The pony character designs are masterfully drawn, and you can easily tell who they are regardless of angles. If the character designs were horrible, I guarantee you, we may not see an audience as big as it is. Bad character design, on the other hand, is a major strike, because it implies lack of a damn about the overall product with the desire to only appeal to the lowest common denominator. "Good" has no demographic, and there's no excuse for crappy quality on the professional level. I don't tolerate crap, and the character designs for Equestria Girls are intellectually insulting!

Edited by Dark Qiviut