Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What New Pony Website Do You Need?

Sky Warden

I'm wondering if you guys need any new pony website. For example, we already have Fim Fiction to post fan fictions, Equestria.tv to watch videos, Pony.fm to share musics, Equestria Daily, and that Pony Wiki. Even we have a pony meme website. Don't forget that we already have this awesome forum as well.

Of course this forum contains many things, like art section, but I want to know if you have any idea. Perhaps you need a place to post pony fan art, but we have Deviantart anyway. Maybe a place to post your pony game? Just an example. I know that Hasbro may shut any pony game down. Do you need any particular place to do a pony related activity? Any idea? Role play website, game website, pony culinary or whatever.

I'm just wondering, so it doesn't mean that I'm going to make a new website or something like that.

post-10241-0-61062900-1359861036.jpg

Current applicable idea :

A website to post pony fan art, like Deviantart, but only for ponies. May also contains fan fictions if needed.

Edited by Sky Warden

I tried to kick start a Dev. team for a Skype/Omegle-esque chat site, but nobody joined up, so that failed horribly.

I think another cool one would be an art hosting site, similar to dA but for Bronies.

i say we should have a Brony exclusive Facebook style page! i think that would be really awesome, i dont know why, i just do think it would be

I tried to kick start a Dev. team for a Skype/Omegle-esque chat site, but nobody joined up, so that failed horribly.

I think another cool one would be an art hosting site, similar to dA but for Bronies.

Why don't we have both? :lol:

Well, a chat website like Skype will need a lot of money. As for the social media, we need to think about how useful that website could be. I like the Brony DA idea by the way.

Why don't we have both? laugh.png

Well, a chat website like Skype will need a lot of money. As for the social media, we need to think about how useful that website could be. I like the Brony DA idea by the way.

I didn't mean like skype completely, that would take much funding that without a doubt, wouldn't be achieved.  Just similar with a chat focused scenario.  The DA would be awesome, cheaper, and get rid of hate on dA :P

As for that Facebook idea, hell, if he can write half of it in a night, so can we!? Maybe...

(edited)

I didn't mean like skype completely, that would take much funding that without a doubt, wouldn't be achieved.  Just similar with a chat focused scenario.  The DA would be awesome, cheaper, and get rid of hate on dA tongue.png

As for that Facebook idea, hell, if he can write half of it in a night, so can we!? Maybe...

I see. There are so many pony groups in DA and I can't find the one which is focused or is known by every Brony artist. I think that can work. We can hold a kind of monthly competition, or best art of the week.

Do you think it's a good idea to make it for any kind of art? Like DA, literature is also available there, but we will have Fim Fiction as a healthy rival if we do. That's the challenge.

I think a chat website is too hard to maintain. There are so many trolls and haters out there, and they can post inappropriate stuff without the Admin knowing.

I think the Bronybook (im going to call it that from now on) could be sorta useful, i mean it could help find other bronies around you a lot easier

Good point. Groups in facebook aren't focused, and is hard to find a good one, but I want to mention that a social media is good for people to stay connected to others. Facebook is a good social media because it's universal. People can see their friend's daily life, etc. If we make Bronybook, what can we see there? People's daily Brony activity? I think this forum is a good social media already. laugh.png

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

I see. There are so many pony groups in DA and I can't find the one which is focused or is known by every Brony artist. I think that can work. We can hold a kind of monthly competition, or best art of the week.

Do you think it's a good idea to make it for any kind of art? Like DA, literature is also available there, but we will have Fim Fiction as a healthy rival if we do. That's the challenge.

Good point. Groups in facebook aren't focused, and is hard to find a good one, but I want to mention that a social media is good for people to stay connected to others. Facebook is a good social media because it's universal. People can see their friend's daily life, etc. If we make Bronybook, what can we see there? People's daily Brony activity? I think this forum is a good social media already. laugh.png

good point. hmmmmm it was just an idea i had in the back of my mind. mainly because i thought it would be cool to log on and search  my home city and see who is a brony in my home city, it would make life soooooo nice :) hahah

I think a chat website is too hard to maintain. There are so many trolls and haters out there, and they can post inappropriate stuff without the Admin knowing.

Well, if you left it up for grabs like you can on Deviantart, people could put up text based art, but they have a choice from many other forms.

But it would be so much more focused than Deviantart groups, catagories could be inserted, but it's freely accepting group wise.

From my perspective of having the oppurtunity in dealing with brony social networking sites I can easily state that the condition of the fandom would make it very difficult to manage (notably in terms of setting boundaries.  Forum constraints are easier to enforce than those on walls).  Not saying it's impossible but it requires a lot of considerations than a forum or dA group.

(edited)

good point. hmmmmm it was just an idea i had in the back of my mind. mainly because i thought it would be cool to log on and search  my home city and see who is a brony in my home city, it would make life soooooo nice smile.png hahah

post-10241-0-27091100-1359802931.jpg

Another good point. Yes I love that, but I think it will be better as a feature. Like if we make Brony Art then we can "Look for this foal's stable" in people's profile page.

Well, if you left it up for grabs like you can on Deviantart, people could put up text based art, but they have a choice from many other forms.

But it would be so much more focused than Deviantart groups, catagories could be inserted, but it's freely accepting group wise.

I see. Three sections. Visual art, literature, and music. Oh sweet Celestia! That will have Pony.fm and Fim Fiction as rivals, especially Feld0.

post-10241-0-59968900-1355149338.jpg

I said I'm just wondering didn't I?

From my perspective of having the oppurtunity in dealing with brony social networking sites I can easily state that the condition of the fandom would make it very difficult to manage (notably in terms of setting boundaries.  Forum constraints are easier to enforce than those on walls).  Not saying it's impossible but it requires a lot of considerations than a forum or dA group.

Correct. It's hard to moderate, just like the chat website. I have some nasty experience with Omegle when I first used it, and never use it since then. A forum or DA group can be moderated with some eyes.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

Correct. It's hard to manage, just like the chat website. I have some nasty experience with Omegle when I first used it, and never use it since then. A forum or DA group can be moderated with some eyes.

Moderation (been there, done that) and management are two totally different things.  More or less planning and all that.  Nonetheless throwing it out there for the better good.

I'm just stunned that we have our own version of Twitter.

I think we have more than enough sites for the average brony, we should start thinking about sites that help the creative types to collaborate with others.

That's why we need a website for all Brony. A website, known by everypony, and a good one, so people will only gather there, and community activities can be fun.

Like this forum, this is the only pony forum I know. Well, actually I know other forums, but they're not as interesting. :lol:

That's why we need a website for all Brony. A website, known by everypony, and a good one, so people will only gather there, and community activities can be fun.

Hehe. happy.png I have something in the pipeline that might or might not be very relevant to this discussion. Pony.fm comes first, though. I suggest you make sure you're following Canterlot Castle. ;)

(edited)

Hehe. img-1291009-1-happy.png I have something in the pipeline that might or might not be very relevant to this discussion. Pony.fm comes first, though. I suggest you make sure you're following Canterlot Castle. img-1291026-2-wink.png

What to follow there? laugh.png

Ah yes. I think it's a good idea to make a kind of "Pony Portal" which is integrated to the pony websites if we do have more than--just say MLP Forums is integrated to Pony.fm isn't it? Since we (likely) need a website for fan art, why not we make one and integrate it with MLP Forums? Like Lytogame or something like that.

post-10241-0-32041100-1358517311.jpg

What the hay am I talking about? Sorry if my sentences are messed up. My head is a little insane after that pharmacy test.

Edited by Sky Warden