Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

showed guy mlp, hates show, calls him troll.

kitty chan the brave

My boyfriend and man I live with doesn't like mlp,

he even went as far to say it's not healthy for me to be communicating with people on the internet

who like it, since they are 'sick'.

And disapproves of this forum entirely ~

but I love him?

Why is it suck a big deal?

Are people not free to like and dislike what they want? ~

My best friend is neutral, and doesn't give a buck that I watch it. We've known each other for over 10 years, so I'd be surprised if ponies would break the friendship just like that.

he even went as far to say it's not healthy for me to be communicating with people on the internet

who like it, since they are 'sick'.

And disapproves of this forum entirely ~

wth?

I hate it when people think that communicating with people on the Internet is unhealthy. Sure it can be an obsession if you're too chicken to socialize IRL, but just about anything in excess is unhealthy so what difference does it make if it's the Internet or if it's shopping or alcohol?

This forum has sane people on it. It's not like it's 4chan~

Anyways

I don't get a lot of flack for liking MLP IRL, mostly because I don't go to school anymore and I don't fangasm about it every time I interact with people. My brothers have all looked at me funny and my dad thinks there's something wrong with me for collecting pony toys, but none of them have tried to give me speeches or insulted me or anything so it's all good.

On other forums it can be a little irritating though. If people post pony pictures, sometimes they'll go "eeew ponies" and start posting TTGL all over the place. It's like they feel threatened by the presence of ponies and they feel like they have to fight against them. But it's like, if you don't like what's currently going on in the spam thread, then you don't have to post... just leave for a little while and then when things become less ponified then you can post again. srsly

I couldn't give 2 shits if people don't like the show or if they're not interested in watching it. I've always had a problem with people, though, who judge something before giving it a fair chance, and then parade about how much they hate the show. This goes with ANYTHING. I've had this problem a lot as a kid when I liked things that nopony else in my class liked, especially anime, which back in the 90's was definitely not cool or socially acceptable (as for most of the people who made fun of me for liking anime, when they got into college, they started liking it... wth).

All I gotta say is, "It's OK to not like this, but don't be a dick about the things you don't like."

• Brohoof 2

In the case of a friend of mine that despises ponies, we have reached a mutually beneficial understanding.

He doesn't fanboy Metal Gear or Hideo Kojima around me... I don't fanboy ponies around him. Everyone wins.

Sound like you two have very different outlooks on things

wth?

I've had this problem a lot as a kid when I liked things that nopony else in my class liked, especially anime, which back in the 90's was definitely not cool or socially acceptable (as for most of the people who made fun of me for liking anime, when they got into college, they started liking it... wth).

Well he watches the show with me every week, he just doesn't really like it.

And he's not a dick about it, I mean any guy knows not to piss the women you live with off ;) lol.

omg! The same thing happened to me with anime.

I always got made fun of for liking it in elementary school and high school,

now the people that teased me for liking it,

watch it and like it now that I'm in college :s ~

Well he watches the show with me every week, he just doesn't really like it.

And he's not a dick about it, I mean any guy knows not to piss the women you live with off ;) lol.

omg! The same thing happened to me with anime.

I always got made fun of for liking it in elementary school and high school,

now the people that teased me for liking it,

watch it and like it now that I'm in college :s ~

That's good that he's nice about it though. Not cool to be controlling.

Us nerds sometimes get the worst of it as kids. That's part of the reason why I don't miss being a kid. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Love and tolerate. They don';t have to like MLP but neither do they have to bad mouth it. As long as you don't force it down their throat then they shouldn't get angry. I haven't had a friend who yells abuse at meh because I watch the show. I'm lucky. :D

Metal Gear Pony

Everypony Wins

Posted Image

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my UHHH!" That's how Big Sparkle lost her eye, anyway, I actually intimidate people when they see me with ponies by saying "What? You got a problem with that?" Yes this picture is related:

post-820-0-52902300-1328406284_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just because somebody doesn't like what you like doesn't mean you should hate them.

sorry i did not mean it like that...i put in wrong face....sorry... :blush:

My friends hate ponies, and they like me.

On another note, I've been secretly feeding them pony memes; they'll never know. ;)

thats what i do. :)

Basically what Fi- Rose said, but my friends are too weird to bother me about things like that (even though I'm the weirdest ;) well not weird but too random with a hint of weird)

My best friend hated it and thought it was gay. I got him to watch an episode and he said he disliked it. He came back to me 2 days later, not having slept and having watched every episode made up to that point.

THAT^ is bucking amazing

On another note, I've been secretly feeding them pony memes; they'll never know. ;)

Me too. Such as "how does my painting look" "i like the style, but it needs to be about 20% cooler"
  • Brohoof 1

On another note, I've been secretly feeding them pony memes; they'll never know.

Why do you people insist on doing stuff like this if they don't like the show?

It's like somebody constantly telling me about buckets, yes that is a "meme" in the homestuck fandom.

Edited by Lucifer

Eh, my friends won't even risk watching it. Maybe they're afraid they'll be sucked into the fandom and never get out again, not that it's a bad thing, but you know...manly and feminine pride and all that ridiculous rubbish. Most of them don't talk about it unless I bring it up, but one takes the Michael every time I wear my shirt.

I rip her back for spending too long on YouTube watching cat videos. It's a mutual antagonism.

I have a few friends that won't give the show a chance, but are still my friends. A few others that watched it and didn't like it. Some of them later watched more and started liking it. Most of my friends enjoy at least some aspects of it. At least I can get them to listen to some of the awesome music or parodies like Epic Pie time.

Why do you people insist on doing stuff like this if they don't like the show?

It's like somebody constantly telling me about buckets, yes that is a "meme" in the homestuck fandom.

i dont really know...if they dont notice, its cool ;)

I have a few friends that won't give the show a chance, but are still my friends. A few others that watched it and didn't like it. Some of them later watched more and started liking it. Most of my friends enjoy at least some aspects of it. At least I can get them to listen to some of the awesome music or parodies like Epic Pie time.

WOW! that is impressive. nice friends u got there ;)

Well, simple. If a friend continuously teases you in a hurtful way or annoys you about it, then you ignore them.

This one guy used to kind of be my friend. Then I wore my shirt to school, and now he calls me "ponyfag", but it's alright, I got the whole seventh grade to call him "Pervy the Pedophile"...he's nothing but a big old pervert. :)

I've been making little references quite often...he doesn't know he'll be part of the herd one day. :ph34r:

I'm lucky enough to go to a high school where you are accepted no matter how 'weird' or 'different' you are (there are exceptions of course). So most of my friends simply do not care that I'm a brony, are one of the people who encouraged me to watch the show, or are on the way to become bronies themselves. :)

But if one of my best friends turned out to hate the show, I'm not sure what I'd do. :huh: First, I'd probably try to see why they hate it as they do, and try and clear up any misconceptions they might have about it. If that didn't make them warm up to it, I'd ask them if they thought we could still be friends after telling them that I wasn't going to give up the show. This would tell me if they were a true friend or not.

If they thought we couldn't be friends because I watch a certain show, then I don't need them as a friend. -_-

• Brohoof 1