Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

showed guy mlp, hates show, calls him troll.

kitty chan the brave

I wouldn't care. They don't have to like it if they simply don't.

I have a friend that really doesn't care for it, and is pretty vocal about it, but they are always open to helping me get pony merchandise (since I don't like ordering stuff online myself).

I would think it was kind of stupid, but they are entitled to their opinion. So I wouldn't be bothered as long as they weren't rude to me for liking ponies, and would avoid talking about the ponies around them.

If their immediate response is something along the lines of "You watch a girls show fag? HEY EVERYONE! THIS GUY WATCHES A GIRLS SHOW FOR LITTLE GIRLS!! YOU STUPID FAG! LOLOLOLOLOLOLO-" I'll beat the ever-living Christ out of him. If not, I'd shrug it off and continue on with my daily activities. Besides, most of my friends are into pretty nerdy things so mentioning MLP isn't really gonna be that much of a problem to them.

Edited by Mr. Cricket

Hypothetical situation:

Best friend: MLP sucks!

Me: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

It would depend upon the circumstances. For example, if the friend opted to bother me constantly because of my like for the show, they would soon find they are no longer my friend.

However, if it was a simple "I don't like it and don't want to change my opinion" then it wouldn't be a problem at all, because it'd just be something we'd agree to disagree on and I wouldn't bring it up with said friend anymore after that.

i would hurt him. but... some people are just like that :wacko:

Just because somebody doesn't like what you like doesn't mean you should hate them.

Edited by Legit101

My best friend hated it and thought it was gay. I got him to watch an episode and he said he disliked it. He came back to me 2 days later, not having slept and having watched every episode made up to that point.
  • Brohoof 4

I showed my brother the show, and I don't think he hated it (probably because I'm always telling him how good I think it is :P ), but he can't seem to get over the 'lol thiz iz fur littel gurlz' stigma. Whatever though, I'll make him come to his senses if I have to. ;)

Edited by Brony Bolt

In the case of a friend of mine that despises ponies, we have reached a mutually beneficial understanding.

He doesn't fanboy Metal Gear or Hideo Kojima around me... I don't fanboy ponies around him. Everyone wins.

In the case of a friend of mine that despises ponies, we have reached a mutually beneficial understanding.

He doesn't fanboy Metal Gear or Hideo Kojima around me... I don't fanboy ponies around him. Everyone wins.

Metal Gear Pony

Everypony Wins

Posted Image

I doesn't matter on what I'd do. I wouldn't care. It would matter on what my friend would do. My best friend knows that I like MLP:FiM, but she brings it up more than me. I know she isn't a fan because she had no internet at her house.

This is why I've yet to let any of my friends know. I don't think I'd have an issue with the whole constant accusations, as much as being viewed differently. But if I ever did get a spiteful reaction from a friend because of it, I wouldn’t let their judgment get the best of me. After all it is their opinion, and it’s their choice to view things with an open mind if they truly are your friend.

My friends all do hate ponies. Except one. I am quite vocal about it around them but I think I've got through to them that its only because I want them to share in something wonderful. They are pretty vocal about their hate too but for the most part its just good natured teasing so I don't mind.

If you ask me half the shit that goes on in metal gear series is ten times as gay than ponies will ever be.

Men in skintight suits, girlyboy Raiden, Leather clad villains and so much manboob cleavage that you would think you are struck in some erotic daydream of Ryan Seacrest.