music Key Gear's Trailer Music Thread

Key Gear

I fully and completely expect to have this thread all to myself. I seriously doubt that too many folks on this forum are quite so fanatical about this stuff as I am. Don't get me wrong, I listen to a ton of music, but Trailer Music is definitely my "guilty pleasure". It is like cotton candy to my sense of hearing. I love how the best tracks in this genre play with your ears, convincing your brain that everything that is currently going on is far more epic than, perhaps, it truly is.

If you don't know what trailer music is, then you've come to the right place. Trailer music is, literally, the music that you hear in a lot of movie trailers. Generally, this music is either commissioned or purchased from a library of tunes. The purpose of trailer music is to entice you, to make you think that the movie in the trailer is the single most amazing thing that you're ever going to see. To make this happen, this music tends to be dramatic, heavy-hitting and just plain epic.

Don't just take my word for it. Have some brief articles.

So, yeah... Let's talk trailer music in this thread... 

My favorite, I mean my all time favorite album in this genre is definitely Invincible by Two Steps from Hell. It's hard to argue with sounds like this:

My favorite among the more unconventional albums is Thomas Bergersen's

Sooo... Am I all alone out there? Anyone else like this stuff? D:

• Brohoof 12

• 2 weeks later...

Was going backwards through my Facebook notifaction emails today (becasue I was lazy and stopped checking them for a while tongue.png), and came accross a friend sharing a video to, would you believe... Pony trailer music!
he only linked to one of the tracks that were part of the full album though so below I have shared the full 1 hour special video featuring all 19 tracks. Check the description for the full track list.

The albuim is called "Pony Empires Complete OST" and it is excatly what it says it is, music featuring from all the differant empires of Equestria. It is without a doubt woth listening to and yes, I ment the full 1 hour which I am still in the process of listening to myself as I post this. x)

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 3

img-1365482-1-avatar4887_3.gif This is thread is totally being followed. Anyways, enjoy what I have to offer!

Not sure if you would consider it Trailer music, so in a spoiler it goes.

Post has been edited since the youtube account got banned :/

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 3

Sure, I may be one of the biggest ACDC nuts here on the forums, but an unbiased (maybe) opinion of mine is that Back In Black is an awesome song for an action movie trailer.

The powerful chords, Brian's adrenaline pumping voice, the badass lyrics, they all come together to make a song which goes great with any intense action scenes. Maybe not for any scenes that don't involve big guns and shooting, but hey, that's what a good amount of ACDC songs are about. wink.png

Edited by Angus Young
  • Brohoof 1

I just started listening to this one a lot, recently:

It's called Rise of the Machines and it really lives up to the title. You can almost see the mecha army coming.

Now, for something totally awesome. You need to listen to it a few times before you can *feel* it, but Rex Imperium is... Wow.

Here's the wonderful thing. It has a reprise. : o

• Brohoof 2

Posting an album that Key Gear actually told me about, but hey, why not?

This group is excellent, and I really need to listen to some more of them. Thanks to everyone who's shared things so far, it's really helping me get into the genre smile.png

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

@
I'm sure Key already knows about this but be sure to check out Les Friction as well because the guy who formed E.S. Posthumus but disbanded the group due to his brother dieing has since formed a new band which continued to produce the same if not more epic music.
Here is their website which links to their official Youtube Channel and Bandcamp store, along with their latest release, Firefall.
http://www.lesfriction.com/

Also, just want to add that E.S. Posthumus also has their own official YouTube Channel, which I was only able to find via their website for some reason. The dates and views don't add up however so it's unclear how long they have all been there for. I assume though that they were all most likely re-uploaded for memorial sake recently.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialESPosthumus
http://www.esposthumus.com/
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm. I'm not sure if this is what people mean with trailer music, but I guess it is.

Not so awesome indeed, but that's the only one I can remember at the moment. I love this one actually. I'm a Asian traditional music lover.

Duh. Why is my brain so bad at remembering stuff? I always look for musics from movie I watch, but can't remember them. img-1376286-1-laugh.png

I can't find the Youtube link for the rest. Another one is Kenji Kawai's "Everything Is" which is a soundtrack from Ip Man movie. There's also another music from True Legen by Sigheru Umebayashi, but I can't find it in Youtube. I guess I'm just lazy.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 3

Bumped once more for another accidental find! This time the medium of discovery was a random Game of Thrones video. I like the general optimistic feel to this one. It manages to be happy and epic at the same time.

• Brohoof 2

I fully and completely expect to have this thread all to myself. I seriously doubt that too many folks on this forum are quite so fanatical about this stuff as I am. Don't get me wrong, I listen to a ton of music, but Trailer Music is definitely my "guilty pleasure".

Dude, how have I not noticed this thread!  I bucking love trailer music!!!  Probably makes up half of my workout playlist, just gets me so jacked!!!  Two Steps From Hell is an unfreakingbelievable company, and Invincible especially has some just insane tunes!  Best application of their tracks I've ever heard have been in the "Mass Effect" launch trailers, particulary for Mass Effect 2 and 3!  One of the saddest things is that sometimes some of the best tracks, especially for movies, don't end up on Itunes, but for those always looking to track down hard to find numbers, here's a little gem that I recently purchased from one of the more recent Iron Man 3 trailers.  Look for yourself, it's up on Itunes and everything! biggrin.png

Trailer music is so sick! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The inactivity in this thread is too damn high! Thus going to post even more tunes.

First is Indestructible by 8 Dawn Music.

Followed by Date With Destiny by Phantom Power

Edited by Assassin✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

How have I missed the existence of this thread for all of this time? (probably because I don't look in this forum as often as I should...)  Anyways first up is one of my favorite Two Steps From Hell pieces: Caradhras.  Not only is the title awesome, but I find it to be one of their most artistic pieces.

The next isn't necessarily one piece, but several.  There's a youtube account called DragonstarDT who does some of the best mixes of epic/trailer music that I've ever heard.  The one that I'm posting features pieces from Immediate Music, and he also collaborated with another youtuber to give it fitting visuals instead of just a static image.  If you enjoy this, I'd highly recommend his 18 other videos in this series.  They're all pretty high quality and definitely worth the time it will take to watch them.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly, The Matrix didn't use this in their trailers, to my knowledge.  But I'm still putting it here because it's one of my favorite credits songs ever, so it's tangentially related.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
(edited)

It has been almost a month now, so going to bump.

Got a really good song from Danny Cocke that I found while youtube surfing.

I like a lot of his music if you couldn't tell :P

Enjoy!

Edited by Zeckiu