Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petition: Dear Hasbro, Keep Derpy Named Derpy

FinalGamer

What the hay? This is ridiculous! Hearing the name Derpy come out of the computer speakers was the best show moment for me! Can't people just get over themselves? Everything is not about you or people like you! (directed to complainers). It's just a pretty pony.

• Brohoof 1

I have signed both petitions.

The show's usage of the fanname of Derpy was because they care about us. About the pony fans. It was an act of thanks, for our support and our watching the show.

Those who seek to have Derpy removed from the show because of her name are being rather foolish and, in my mind, closed-minded. They don't see how important the naming of Derpy was.

Or maybe some of them do and that's why they want to see her removed, to hit pony fans right where it hurts the most. I don't know.

I do know that I'm backing up any copies I have of The Last Roundup. Derpy shall be preserved!

This reminds me of what I read about NASA and star trek fans. The fans insisted that NASA name the very first Space Shuttle Enterprise. Nasa resisted, they wanted to name the SECOND one after the famus star ship. The fans bombed them with petitions. NASA said okay, you asked for it, then named the first shuttle, the only shuttle NEVER to fly in space Enterprise! Columbia, the second shuttle built, went on to be the first in space! Shuttle Enterprise was just basically a test bed. It literally couldn't be made spaceworthy! It would have actually been cheaper to just start from scratch and build a shuttle from the ground up, instead of retro-fitting Enterprise for space! That's why NASA wanted to name the second one Enterprise! The fans screwed it up and prevented having an actual spaceship named Enterprise orbiting the Earth!

Way to go Trek fan base! Something good is about to happen, and you ruin it with a petition!

Let's learn from the Trekkie's mistake! If you petition Hasbro for what you THINK might happen, it's liable to have a reverse effect! Next time the episode airs, they might just edit out Derpy entirely!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I signed it when I saw it on EqD. I'm all for being sensitive towards people with any kind of disability but Derpy is just a funny character.

Why does political correctness always have to stand in the way of stuff like this? It was amazing that they made her cannon, I literally cheered when I heard her name. The only thing Hasbro will accomplish by changing her name is making people hate them.

• Brohoof 1

This particular threat got me to join this site. I signed both petitions. Thank you for posting this, I'd hate to lose something like this. It means a lot to us fans and would really suck to have it taken away from us just as quickly as it came.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this whole situation was being driven by a few trolls at 4chan. If you all remember, this fandom was originally born out of those forums anyway. There's probably a few haters over there who are still mad about the awesomeness that we've become, and when they saw an opportunity to strike back at our fandom by generating trumped-up complaints about our own fan-character they took it. We're just being trolled by 4chan, not people with real, genuine concerns. We need to keep level heads, and in our letters to Hasbro make sure they understand that we're not angry, hotheaded people, but good folks with honest concerns. We need to be better than the haters, don't come down to their level. :)

Copyright maybe.

Oh well, Hasbro is silly.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this whole situation was being driven by a few trolls at 4chan. If you all remember, this fandom was originally born out of those forums anyway. There's probably a few haters over there who are still mad about the awesomeness that we've become, and when they saw an opportunity to strike back at our fandom by generating trumped-up complaints about our own fan-character they took it. We're just being trolled by 4chan, not people with real, genuine concerns. We need to keep level heads, and in our letters to Hasbro make sure they understand that we're not angry, hotheaded people, but good folks with honest concerns. We need to be better than the haters, don't come down to their level. :)

[sarcasm]Hell yea, lets blame everything on 4chan.[/sarcasm]

No.

That's stupid.

Trolls come from all corners of the Internet, you can't just say it's all because of x site.

I believe you don't even understand what you're talking about.

Edited by Legit101

I saw this yesterday, it's really pathetic that the overreaction to a fictional character's NAME has gone this far... Derpy ftw and no amount of trolls can bring that down :P

[sarcasm]Hell yea, lets blame everything on 4chan.[/sarcasm]

No.

That's stupid.

Trolls come from all corners of the Internet, you can't just say it's all because of x site.

I believe you don't even understand what you're talking about.

Oh wow, look at the love and tolerance you have. Trolls come from everywhere indeed, and now you're proving that. It's obvious you're the one who doesn't understand this fandom at all. Maybe you should do some more reading before coming out and attacking other members for no reason.

I don't care too much about derpys name but I fear the fanbase getting out of control. If things get worse and some bronies will continue to attack Hasbro for whatever they do, they probably will stop the references and nods to the community, or worse they may stop the show. I hope this will never happen but I am really worried when I hear things like that...

Oh wow, look at the love and tolerance you have. Trolls come from everywhere indeed, and now you're proving that. It's obvious you're the one who doesn't understand this fandom at all. Maybe you should do some more reading before coming out and attacking other members for no reason.

I think my point was proven, albeit with a bit of misinterpretation.

Just so you all know, I would sign the petition, but I don't want to give them my information(address, phone number etc...). But even then, I don't care what the officials say, she will always be Derpy to me.

That deterred me as well, but I don't think they'd do anything with the information. Edited by Brony Bolt

Yanno the recent news coming around about these little re-occurences of Derpy's name coming back on WeLoveFine and "The Last Roundup" now reinstated unchanged on the MLP website makes me think that Derpy's okay now. Maybe we were all just overreacting about this and now that Hasbro's copyright scare looks to be over, we can all just chill :3

That's kind of how I felt all along,FinalGamer. Let's hope that we're right about this and that everything is ok now. I don't want Derpy to get left behind due to some people overreacting over the little things that don't even matter.