Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Hardman street?

Were you attempting some sort of innuendo pun or is that just me thinking weird?

I looked up Hardman Street on Wikipedia :P. Apparently, it's this street in England or something that is filled with nightclubs and such. Makes sense ;).

• Brohoof 1

I looked up Hardman Street on Wikipedia :P. Apparently, it's this street in England or something that is filled with nightclubs and such. Makes sense ;).

:v Liverpool.

• Brohoof 2

It doesn't help when you respond by being awkward when entering that pub. :v 

If you act casual, people will treat you casually. It's usually how it works. I would think. 

Yeah... It usually doesn't. In a small village where I had a summer residence (yeah, it might sound better than it actually is) it took about 5 years to get rid of those intimidating looks when you enter. But then again, I always had this creepy feeling the small village was actually one big family, isolated for centuries.

But we aren't bothered by anyone new/uncommon coming in. So its welcomed. :3

I may try to invade, but I'm not very likeable person, so... yeah. 

Yeah... It usually doesn't. In a small village where I had a summer residence (yeah, it might sound better than it actually is) it took about 5 years to get rid of those intimidating looks when you enter. But then again, I always had this creepy feeling the small village was actually one big family, isolated for centuries.

>inb4 wincest

I don't go anywhere, so I wouldn't know. I'm only 16, so that also another factor. :v 

See, I would not have noticed it to actually be faster. I had a feeling it had a dubstep beat, but the actual speed kept tripping me up.

Hmmm, this means I've gotta re-figure this whole part of a song of mine to be set in the correct tempo.

Oh, well. Thanks for pointing that out, Vissy-san.

can't you just change the tempo? or did you cheat the step sequencer and made it faster than it actually were by playing at odd notes? (i did this in Abrasion, when i got at the dnb-ish parts in the latter half)

See, I would not have noticed it to actually be faster. I had a feeling it had a dubstep beat, but the actual speed kept tripping me up.

Hmmm, this means I've gotta re-figure this whole part of a song of mine to be set in the correct tempo.

Oh, well. Thanks for pointing that out, Vissy-san.

lol vissy-san? i feel awkward now for not knowing how to respond to that.

Yeah, also the people you meet all around the forums are never in the General chat thread. It's like this pub in small town where everyone stops talking and stares at you when you enter.

The proverbial elephant in the room, or in this case pub.

I'm not a likeable person either, or so I thought. Join us and you will see, just how wonderful this place can be.

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I was considering it, but the fact that you spam and beg has given me a subconscious reason to simply not. :v 

To be honest, I never got why people sometimes fucking do that. They want to support something, other person/people support a little too much, and then they so "Hmm, now I don't want to" >_>.

To be honest, I never got why people sometimes fucking do that. They want to support something, other person/people support a little too much, and then they so "Hmm, now I don't want to"

Don't wear yourself out Spazzy, we've got almost a week left. You're going to tire yourself out if you keep going at it at this rate.

• Brohoof 1

:u Didn't you learn that in English class?

English was and still is my worst and hardest subject.

I retained nothing to very little from it from highschool.

But that's mostly due to me not fully paying attention and only doing what I need to get by.

can't you just change the tempo? or did you cheat the step sequencer and made it faster than it actually were by playing at odd notes? (i did this in Abrasion, when i got at the dnb-ish parts in the latter half)

I just did normally. I can never do the odd note thing without messing something up badly. That and I'm ocd about how it looks and fits. If its not perfectly in time with how the playlist shows, then I get horribly bothered.

I can just raise the temp, but I already have a build up made and I'm using a clip from the show. So that has to be re done to fit properly with the new tempo now.

To be honest, I never got why people sometimes fucking do that. They want to support something, other person/people support a little too much, and then they so "Hmm, now I don't want to" >_>.

For me, it's probably because I dislike it when others try to force people to think like themselves. :v (This is why I hated the fact that you said you pitied me.)

Language, in general, is simple for me. However, the stupid overanalyzing the poems and stuff I am not good at, because if you haven't noticed, I am brutally blunt and to the point. :v Having roundabout thoughts and whatnot put into a story just seems stupid, to me.  Edited by Kirino
  • Brohoof 2

it's less someone supporting something a bit too much and moreso someone being a bit too flamboyant and obsessive over something that turns them off. i'm sure you must have felt the same way about something, yourself?

I retained nothing to very little from it from highschool.

But that's mostly due to me not fully paying attention and only doing what I need to get by.

I just did normally. I can never do the odd note thing without messing something up badly. That and I'm ocd about how it looks and fits. If its not perfectly in time with how the playlist shows, then I get horribly bothered.

I can just raise the temp, but I already have a build up made and I'm using a clip from the show. So that has to be re done to fit properly with the new tempo now.

english is one of my favorite subjects. got an A in English A, and am going to do English B to show how much of a badass i am in this language.

just listen to the odd notes over and over and correct mistakes until it's done. a hell of a workaround, for sure, but it's funneh.

don't audio clips automatically stretch to fit the tempo?

I don't think I'm that much of a likeable person.

lol vissy-san? i feel awkward now for not knowing how to respond to that.

lol whoops.

I just felt like adding something to the end of your name.

I don't know, but I have that mind set very often. lolol

It just depends on what it is and how much the person is bringing it up.

Don't wear yourself out Spazzy, we've got almost a week left. You're going to tire yourself out if you keep going at it at this rate.

I'm still surprised as fuck as to how Applejack was dominating at first, then somehow, RD lost to some like Lyra, and now AJ is almsot losing. Sometimes, I think the vote is rigged, and sometimes, I think something is seriously wrong here. Lyra is a BG, a pretty one, but I think AJ should be the one to win.

Now if Lyra actually wins EVERYTHING, I'm gonnna be furious. Like, legit mad. I'm already legit pissed that she's winning and yet she has nothing special goign towards her, it's even worse that the votes between Flutters and Rares is closer than Lyra and AJ <_<. AJ is losing her lead, and it seems the only people who populate that thread are Lyra fans.

Now if Lyra actually wins EVERYTHING, I'm gonnna be furious. Like, legit mad. I'm already legit pissed that she's winning and yet she has nothing special goign towards her,

People have opinions. I also dislike using this phrase, but...

"Deal with it."

• Brohoof 4

Language, in general, is simple for me. However, the stupid overanalyzing the poems and stuff I am not good at, because if you haven't noticed, I am brutally blunt and to the point. :v Having roundabout thoughts and whatnot put into a story just seems stupid, to me. 

Speaking and writing properly isn't too much of a problem for me that often. Its just the work done in that class that stumps me. Every time.

I'm no good at poetry and the such either. I could care less about any of it honestly. I can understand the adding extra thought and whatnot to a story though. That's what makes it a story.

english is one of my favorite subjects. got an A in English A, and am going to do English B to show how much of a badass i am in this language.

just listen to the odd notes over and over and correct mistakes until it's done. a hell of a workaround, for sure, but it's funneh.

don't audio clips automatically stretch to fit the tempo?

I detest that class sooooo much.

Maybe. Doubt it as I'm lazy though. :lol:

Yes. But thats the problem. The clip stretched. The already made build up did not.

It won't be that much of a problem. Just like 10 or so minutes adding more to it to make it longer.

I don't think I'm that much of a likeable person.  

I know right, I don't even know you and I'm already repulsed by your personality and lifestyle!

>inb4 wincest   I don't go anywhere, so I wouldn't know. I'm only 16, so that also another factor. :v 

Yeah, incest. I called it real tight family.

But it was the typical "We ain't likin' no stranger 'round 'ere, bud!" type of community. Also the only place within 10 miles that had beer tho.

The proverbial elephant in the room, or in this case pub.

Well, thinking back, I didn't really fit to the crowd of people in straw hats with pitchforks. 

Edited by Jessper

I'm no good at poetry and the such either. I could care less about any of it honestly. I can understand the adding extra thought and whatnot to a story though. That's what makes it a story.

I don't mean thought. I mean...little things like "Oh, the fact that his sheets were blue means that he is an overly depressed person with a dark past. It also foreshadows that he will have a breakdown, soon. It also means that he is fond of sea creatures. It also means oasdopishsaoiu".

Ffs, 

No.

The bitch likes blue, goddammit. 

It's funny, 'cause right now, I'm in that "don't care" mindset. It's disappointing when people vote for a fucking BG that has done nothing.
It's the "most attractive pony" contest. Doesn't that mean whoever is the cutest/just best looking wins? I thought that's what it was. Or does it mean personality as well? Edited by Kirino
  • Brohoof 1

but I think AJ should be the one to win.

Of course you do.

You're an AJ fan.

Why would you want otherwise?

Now if Lyra actually wins EVERYTHING, I'm gonnna be furious. Like, legit mad. I'm already legit pissed that she's winning and yet she has nothing special goign towards her, it's even worse that the votes between Flutters and Rares is closer than Lyra and AJ <_<. AJ is losing her lead, and it seems the only people who populate that thread are Lyra fans.

You're suffering from a horrible case of the butt grumpies.

• Brohoof 2