Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite finale?

Pony Of The Month

Here are my thoughts on each of the season finales:

Season 1: The Best Night Ever

This one is good, and it's cool that it was built up to throughout the season, but I'm gonna have to knock it off a few points for putting Fluttershy out of character. Don't get me wrong, it's hilarious, but the more I think about it, the less I like it. And also, Twilight is pretty boring in this episode. 8/10.

Season 2: A Canterlot Wedding

Well this one had some flaws.... 

1. Queen Chrysalis isn't very bright. She feeds on the love of other ponies, yet when Cadence uses love to save the day, she calls it a "ridiculous sentiment." 

2. That totally awesome, amazing hilarious action scene where the mane 6 were fighting the changelings....was absolutely pointless. (But it was still awesome!)

3. We get to learn a lot about the fake Cadence, but barely anything about the real one.

4. I hate Love Is In Bloom. "But Flutterbass. That isn't a valid argument." Well people say they don't like Magical Mystery Cure because it's a musical, so I get to say that I don't like Love Is In Bloom.  7/10

Season 3: Magical Mystery Cure

I loved it! I'm glad they made it a musical, otherwise I would be saying that it needed a 2nd part. If you didn't know, they wanted this season to have a musical before they knew that this would be a musical. They chose to make this the musical, rather than, say Spike At Your Service. I don't need time to process what is going on. There has been plenty of time to get that from the previous episodes. This doesn't need to be an epic 7-part episode, (although I do understand if you think it should have been a 2-parter). I like it because it did what it needed to do, in a very entertaining way. The pacing is fine (unlike Boast Busters) and after watching it seven times, I can finally say that I could not be more satisfied.

However. It does not score a 10 for one reason: Starswirls spell wasn't properly explained, and since that is an important part of the story, M.A. Larson should have put a little more thought into it. 9/10

So, my favorite finale is Magical Mystery Cure. What's yours?

• Brohoof 4

Hm there all pretty close. I'm not sure if I can pick.. I think that it's between s2 and s3. S1 was a good finale, but it wasn't quite as epic for my tastes as s2 and s3. Plus I it didn't have as awesome songs as s2 and s3 I think personally.

I'm gonna say s2 because it was a two parter, was quite epic. Had some great music, and it introduced twilights brother and cadence.

S3 is close, but the problem is it wasn't a two parter and despite the fact I like it, I could've gone for a bit more episode in it and more substance. It was still close for me.

It's a close fight, but I'm going with the S2 finale.

When I first saw the Magical Mystery Tour- I mean Cure... I didn't initially like it because it was like a musical, and Twilight became an alicorn which left me uncertain of what would happen in the future seasons.

However, after seeing it again, I changed my mind about how I felt. In retrospect, it was a good episode. The songs were great, Twilight had been leading up to become an alicorn from the very first episode, and it had a pretty adequate storyline (Better than the last two I felt) Also, it's title has a Beatles reference so of course it wins. I am still uncertain on how future episodes will go, but I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I agree with your flaws on "A Canterlot Wedding" they are some reasons I don't like that episode. But still it has to be my favorite simply because im not a huge musical fan either (even though that episodes title is clever ;) Beatles reference lol) and the first one kinda bummed me out a little really. And "A Canterlot Wedding" Is one of my top 5 episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Season 1 finale

I didn't like this one as much as the other two.  Though I found Fluttershy's breakdown to be hilarious.  The whole thing fell apart for me at the beginning then slowly built itself backup as it went on.

The season 2 finale was amazing.  The songs were killer, and the story was very well thought out.  I also loved Chrysalis as a villain.  (Chrysalis is best pony).  I also loved the fight scene between the changelings and the mane 6.  The party canon returning as a weapon, was awesome.  Love is in Bloom is still one of my favorite songs in the series.

Season 3 was my second favorite, because it felt rushed all the way through.  The songs in my opinion were even better then the season 2 finale songs.  (Especially "I have to find a way")  Celestia's song was in my opinion too much of a Miss America host song.  (If that makes sense).  

My Favorite finale is the season 2 finale.  The villain is still my favorite.  The songs were perfect, and the story was great.

• Brohoof 1

(Typing this before reading yours so my opinion won't be influenced by your dulcet tones)

Best Night Ever: I love this finale, because it's kind of like the final boss of slice of life episodes. Instead of one or two of the ponies having something goin' on, they each get their own story and small lesson and it all combines intricately in the end. Or everything just gets worse and they destroy the Gala, I don't remember. Another great thing about this finale is the constant build up it had in season 1. When I first heard about it in episode 3, I figured it was just the plot device of the current episode. And I wasn't that interested in ponies yet so I thought nothing more of it. It was great, and had my favorite song of season 1.

Canterlot Wedding: While it's true there was no buildup to this through out the season,  ....well, that was kind of the point of Twilight being surprised, right? Suddenly a big important wedding out of the blue. And it's her brother. Twilight's surprise also went well with the general mass confusion that Twilight suddenly has a brother. What I love about part 1 is it would still be entirely possible for them to go ANYWHERE with the episode. Twilight could've been entirely wrong, and in her false accusations something something or other. Then suddenly CHANGELINGS. It..it was great. I like changelings. They're all great. Oh, and the MUSIC! This finale felt like the final boss of the adventure and action style episodes, like when they was fighting the Hydra.

Magical Mystery Cure: And THIS one felt like the final boss of Twilight. I hope that, after all this Twilicorn stuff is cleared up, all of the characters get at least one character arc completed before the show ends. Honestly, I loved pretty much everything about this episode.

But which one do I like the most? ...Maybe I'm just being silly, but I think the finales we have so far are like apples and oranges. And pears. They were all great, in my opinion, for what they were. Be it a slice of life epic, an invasion of Canterlot with the best fight scenes so far, or a musical high note (what I did there you see it) in Twilight's character, they were all great.

But if I had to pick a favorite Canterlot Wedding. I liked the songs more and the fighting scenes were amazing.

(Oh dangit, I typed this before there were any replies and I took too long.)

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Season finale would have to be, Season 2's finale.

The songs were very amusing, Chrysalis was a great villain, and the epic fight scene that the Mane 6 had with the Changelings. Overall, a great episode especially since there was a parody just like the finale but with humor called Foaly Matripony from Friendship is Witchcraft.

Wow, I just realized we've only actually had one two-part finale. That's a tad disappointing now that I think about it.

Season 2 wins by a mile if you ask me.

Season 2 had the best finale, simply because it was a two-parter with an epic storyline. However, I would never underestimate the sheer awesomeness of The Best Night Ever, which was perfect as a slice-of-life finale. Magical Mystery Cure was strong enough to stand as a series finale in my opinion. So all around, we've had some great ends to the seasons.

I'm sure Season 4 will have a two-part finale as well. And who knows? It could blow A Canterlot Wedding right out of the water. :P

A Canterlot Wedding is my favorite finale. I liked the songs, and Chrysalis is best villain IMO. I also liked Shining Armor, it was nice to see a new stallion character when there aren't that many in the show.

I love all three of the finales, they're all in my top ten episodes, but my favorite is The Best Night Ever, mainly because the ending is absolutely perfect and stands for the entire series.

I prefer the first one, short simple, and memorable.

Seaon 2 was good i guess, not bad, not amazing either.

Seaon 3, horrible, just, horrible.

• Brohoof 1

A Canterlot Wedding! I really liked the songs, the villains' design, the battle, Celestia fighting, Luna's appearances, the villain having already won only to lose, and the giant explosion at the end.

There were problems like little focus on AJ, RD, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity, but hopefully the next finale will make everyone shine.

(edited)

The Best Night Ever. To quote myself from several months ago:

"The Best Night Ever was the culmination of a great story arc, the kind we haven't seen since. It featured my favorite song of the series complete with a local choir, courtesy of Michelle Creber's mother who sang with them. It had the most ambitious animated and musical sequences the show had ever done and they pulled it off brilliantly, leading to more epic numbers later on. As if that weren't enough, the story itself truly touched me as a fan. I identified with every one of the Mane 6 as their dreams were inevitably deferred by reality, and they still found happiness in being together as Spike told them all along."

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best night ever for me.  It covers all the bases, is a great story with good music, and it even has Celestia at the end in pony.  How could you go wrong?

Edited by silvadel

Magical Mystery Cure. I love how they intentionally made it a musical, all of the songs were great, Twilight's purpose was discovered, and a beatle reference in the title. How could you go wrong?

I think I actually liked The Best Night Ever the most. It had many fantastic moments from each of the Mane Six and overall captured the Slice of Life feeling that I enjoy so much about the show. Rainbow Dash was incredible and adorable, Rarity showed her strength of character, the song was one of my absolute favorites and I loved the ending scene. Even when everything else falls apart, you'll still have your friends :)

Hmmm... This is a tough one. I wasn't a big fan of Magical Mystery Cure, not because of Twilicorn, I thought it was too rushed. Other than that, it was pretty good, but doesn't take the first place spot.

The Best Night Ever was pretty hilarious, and just all around good, not to mention the awesome song. But....

A Canterlot Wedding probably takes it for me. I just really enjoyed that episode. :)

Out of all of the season finales, none of them honestly had a better song for it than "At the Gala". It was a drawn out ballad for the Mane 6, unlike the other songs that were just short snippets of Ingram's genius. Besides, it had a very light-hearted ending for Season 1, very appropriate at the time.

• Brohoof 1

Current results:
At The Gala: 5 votes

Canterlot Wedding: 12 votes

Magical Mystery Cure: 3 votes

Makes sense, that extra 22 minutes can really allow them to do more. If Canterlot Wedding had been a one-parter I would probably have voted for At The Gala, even though I loved Magical Mystery Cure.