Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mlp: Black Death

Jack Baker

Resh grimaced. "I know that, my friend, but it still stings my pride to actually say that out loud." He shrugs. "And, honestly, I'd rather be with the necromancer than to be around Shadow Seer. She- or at least, one of her ancestors- was the one that banished me to Tartarus those hundred years ago." He shook his head. "Ah, well. The sooner, we get this over with and I get back to full power, the better. I hate this smoky form."

White sighed and turned away. Fine then. If he will become an enemy, then that's how he'll be treated. As soon as he leaves.

Is that sorrow I hear in your thoug-

GET LOST, IXKOM!

... fine... since you obviously don't care...

Shadow shook her head. "If I can't cry with you... then I cry for you." She shrugged off Vaas's hoof and walked away into the forest.

Eventually, she came to a cliff overlooking the village. She sat down and sniffed, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Why is life so complicated?" She said to herself. "Why can't we just all be at peace with each other to deal with the obvious threat in front of us...?" She shook her head slowly and watched the others progress through the village.

Vaas was confused over Seer's words. Turning to Resh, "You'll get your power back. I just need...some...time." Distracted by Seer's reaction to his words. 

Why would she say something like that...she knows my suffering, but I've never seen or heard a pony cry over m not even Winter cried for me...fuck i'm getting distracted by some pony. Focus Vaas! Remember you are the only one that can do this...wait have i been this blind not to see that some of these ponies care for me?! Could there be a chance for me after this mission?

A shadow appeared next him, "Don't be foolish you killed everypony that you once loved. These ponies think of you as a corrupted minded killer. Your only hope is death and the demons you hide behind. You are forever doomed to relive your past. There is nothing you can do to change that...remember that colt you murdered because he had the plague? You pinned him against a wall with a arrow. How about burning a family alive in there own home? Still hear their screams? Doesn't that day haunt you every moment your alive? You were a true heartless pony back then why would they give you a chance after that? Why would anypony care about you after that? Your alone in this world until the day you are dead just remember your always going to be alone and nothing will change that." The shadow disappearing as it finished speaking.

((I'm throwing this in here as the necromancer trying to corrupt his way of thinking even more or trying to make him remember he is just a murder with no future.))

Ivo didn't do anything when Moon Crypt had escaped, instead only allowing himself to smile a bit. 

One of the guards noticed this, and approached him. "Lord Ivo! The prisoner has escaped! What should we do about it?"

Ivo slowly turned his head towards the guard. "What do you think you should do about it? He used something to cloak himself, and now he is probably off somewhere in the village, possibly even disguised as one of us, being that he is a changeling."

The guard understood, and now called two others to look for Moon Crypt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raze sighed as he heard the argument going on with Vaas and Kazas.

"You guys... just like to argue with each other, huh? Well, I'm not gonna stop you this time, so just argue away..." Running out of things--witty or not-- to say, he went to the side and just observed them, to see if would actually end this time, and not leave off at some sort of stalemate.

Suddenly, he saw White Rose, sad that this had to happen again, and went over to her.

"Hey," Raze said, trying to comfort her. "Are you okay? I know, this really is one hell of a problem, but..." 

(edited)

"What?" She said, turning to Raze, "No. No, I'm fine. Thanks." She shook her head and watched as the events unfolded. "I feel disturbances near this rift, the closer we get. As if the rift itself doesn't want to be sealed." She shook her head. "More proof for the theory of entropy, I guess." She sighed. "Why is everything this complicated? If we were working by our lonesome, we would already be halfway back to Canterlot... but I guess we did need some extra hooves. But why did she pick the two mercenaries that are always at each others throats?" She shook her head. "I have a feeling that Celestia might have done this on purpose..."

Finally, The Jester suddenly got tired of this entire Vaas vs. Kazas thing. Heck, he was tired of Vaas being a demon-haunted idiot that used the opinion- for opinion it was- that he coudn't be saved for an excuse to do what only he wanted to do, as well as is... companion. He growled, feeling an excess disturbance in energy. Great. More to add to his already painful migrane. He growled out a poem directed at Vaas:

"In Elharim, there lived a mare, a mare with yellow eyes.

And she told me, beware the whispers, for they whisper lies.

Do not wrestle with the demons of the dark,

Or upon your mind, they will place a mark,

Do not wrestle with the shadows from the deep,

Else they come to haunt you in your sleep."

He stood up. "I'm going now, and will capture this necromancer my way of none of you bozos come along." He stalked along the path, continuing towards the village. White Darkness hesitated, then, shaking his head, followed him. White Rose looked at Raze, as if deciding what she would do, then started to follow him.

Edited by Thunder Knight

Raze looked back at White, and decided it was best to follow them to get rid of this necromancer once and for all. Kazas and Vaas would have to come later. He caught up with the group, and together they set off for the village.

"Hell, Vaas and Kazas could duke it out until the world ends." Raze said to no one in particular. "As for me, I got a necromancer to catch... with NO blowing things up, Cannonback!" He shouted at the Jester.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, after a few hours of walking, Raze finally gazed his eyes upon the village. They were here, at last: Swallow's Creek. Wooden stakes surrounded the village, totally protecting it from any intruders. A small, shallow creek was floating west of where the village was. A bird-- a swallow to be exact-- flew past Raze's head, and disappeared into the forest behind him.

Well, at least the village lives up to it's name, he thought to himself. Upon closer inspection, Raze saw that something was off about the village: no guards to be seen anywhere from outside. 

Hmmm... is this necromancer really that cocky and confident as to put no guards outside? he wondered, then shrugged. Maybe it's because this village is so secluded from all life, that he doesn't really need to...

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Raze said to the Daemontouched. "Let's get down there..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The swallow that flew past Raze did a quick U-turn and headed backed towards the village, and perched itself near Ivo, where he was back in his quarters. The swallow then chirped a few things into Ivo's ear, and he smiled at the sound of it.

"So they've arrived... very well... let's get started." He called to one of the guards. "Make sure that the villagers are in their homes, and that they follow my actions as soon as the group outside enters the gates." 

• Brohoof 1

Diego heard Raze and the Daemontouched leave to go to the village, and he couldn't help but think that this wasn't the way to go about things at all. True, the constant sniping between Vaas and Kazas was delaying things, but opening declaring themselves he could see probably wasn't the best option. Still, he didn't want to remain at the camp, either. Diego felt that sitting and thinking over what might happen would send him insane, so the only thing he could think of was to follow the others to the village. But before he left, he cast spells and cloaked himself so that he was invisible to the necromancer and villagers.

This way, he could observe and reveal himself if there was a need for him to do so, or else remain hidden if he needed to affect a rescue of the others. Also, the necromancer intrigued him. There was still that nagging fear that the necromancer was his father, so Diego thought that observing him might prove without a doubt that the fear was unfounded, altho it might yet still prove otherwise. He waited only til he was sufficiently cloaked in spells before following the others on hoof.

• Brohoof 1

Kazas jumped off that rock, and followed the group. Whatever ' virage ' was, it would have to wait. He came to where raze and the others were, and looked upon the village. " wait, that's not right. When I went scouting, guards were out... Damn it all, they must have spotted me and could be preparing a trap... Forgive me." Kazas said, with disappointment in his eyes. " and I agree, the arguing is pointless. I'm done with it now, and I'm permanently dropping the subject. There's no point in continuing it. Now... Course of actions? It really doesn't matter to me, but banging on the front door isn't exactly the best way to go about this... But then again, they are expecting us, so a surprise attack on them doesn't seem plausible. Maybe from underground... Just maybe... I saw a sewage pipe big enough to fit us on the east wall.... But if youre against that idea, I understand. Who wants to walk through excrement anyways?" Kazas said, laughing a bit. Suddenly, a headache came on, and he heard the wails of virage once more. It spoke into his mind.

'" Kazas... What is your last name?'"

' if I remember correctly... It's Frahma. Why do you ask, demon?'

'" I'm no demon, boy, I'm something much worse... Does the name Melbu mean anything to you?"'

Memories flashed in kazas's mind... Legends of the terror of kadessa, the great blue pheonix, who nearly burned down the entire griffon empire 700 years ago forr his own bloodlust. It was said that Melbu was an unsurpassed fighter who loved a good fight. However, the empoeror at that time was reputed to be a tyrant, and Melbu took his head in a duel. Melbu fled to kadessa, the ruined city, and made his home there. Whole armies and everything that the griffon empire could throw at him was burned to ashes, with few survivors living to tell of the horror of the great blue pheonix. Eventually, he became known as virage. He became angry with the empire after so many failed attacks on him, that he burned many towns and cities to ashes, albeit he wouldn't lay a claw on an unarmed civilian. The only enemy Melbu was not able to defeat was age, and sealed his soul, along with the great pheonix's soul, in his weapon.

He was the only successor to ever master the blue flame. He had one son, who carried on the family line, even though his family was hunted. This stopped 70 years later.

"' ha... I'm your family's dirty little past, as many describe. I imprinted myself in your weapon, but kept my prescence hidden, even from simorgh. I didn't get enough of a challenge in life, so I transmigrated my soul so that someday... One of my descendants would help me find what I seek... Ha, you have the daemontouched with you? I remember them... Took two of their heads and one lost an arm to me. The two who survived ran away so fast... It made me laugh until I cried! Hell, they even sent some high ranking inquisitors after me, and they were reduced to ash. Seriously, mention the name Melbu Frahma to one of them sometime. I'm not lying. Anyways, my descendant, it's nice to meet you. I noticed that you've fought some awesome battles... Battles that I now want a piece of..."'

' what? Are you kidding? '

"' nope! Hey, you almost died fighting vaas. If I didn't influence you, you would've died.'"

' so you're the bastard who goaded me into-'

'" ding ding, we have a winner! Yes, that was me. Hey, I didn't like seeing my descendant getting his ass handed to him, so I brought up your past, took control of you just a little... And baam! You're ripping out entrails like a professional! But if you had my power... It would've been over a little more quickly... And that resh? Same thing. If you had my power, you would've killed him. Twice over. I'll explain more to you along the way... But know that there is a war coming between the griffons and the undead... You're probably going to need my help..."'

Shadow Seer jolted up as she sensed another mental communication going back and forth. She sighed and shook her head. "Once again... our enemies played up their good points." Tired of subtly countering daemons, she went directly to the spirit and began to talk...

Melbu Frama. It's been quite some time. Ripped the heads off two of us? Yes, you killed some novices who we sent. That was actually quite embarrassing to the Jester, as well as Star Sword, way back when. Inquisitors? Eeyup, sure did. Moon Crypt had quite a job on his hooves trying to explain that to the council. And then we stopped underestimating you. I believe Grand Inquisitor Karma himself came to banish you, as well as ourselves? And yet, some of your essence has escaped- early, too. You aren't supposed to be out for another hundred years or so. Guess he missed some of you, eh? Or perhaps you've been playing by different rules then your purely demonic friends are...? Ah, well.

So, the rouge Pheonix Lord has returned! I wonder what White's reaction to this will be. How long will she let you enjoy your time above ground before we send your essence back to Tartarus to serve out the rest of your term? she taunted. All while secretly steeling as many defenses as possible before a surprise attack of some sort had come.

(Getting tired of all of this non interaction. Let us interact, whether in one way or another.)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Melbu spoke into kazas's mind, and felt an unwanted interloper. He would make sure that his story was told, as others had always tried to sully his name. "" I was a healer once like you... Dedicating my life along with simorgh to heal and faithfully serve our glorious empire... Until Empoerer Blano died... Good griffon. Had a great head on his shoulders. Kind to the people, charitable, everything a loyal warrior would want in their leader... And then... When he passed away, that foolish son of his, Guahara, ascended to the throne.... He took from the people, executed any who disagreed with him, and bathed in avarice... Long story short, I got tired of him, and challenged him to a duel. I took my halberd, which was the weapon's form at that time, ran him through in a duel, and took his head as a prize. Unfortunately, that didn't sit well with his corrupt officials, and I was ordered to be slain on sight. My family and I fled to the ruins of kadessa, and made our home there.... That's when it all hit the fan... They literally sent ARMIES to kill us off... And that's where the blue flames came in... They are summoned from absolute hate and malice. I hated the empire so much for becoming corrupt and for trying to kill not only me... But our entire family... My brothers, cousins... Even my mother, executed in cold blood. Only my wife and child remained. I channeled all of my hate, and summoned the blue flames. And with it... Thousands upon thousands fell before me. I knew that my time as a healing warrior was done, so I took the moniker of virage... A virage is a complete turn around from the direction you were going. I don't need to explain the path reversal. You already know. Eventually, I started to burn villages. I left the innocent alone, and killed the greedy leaders of the territories.... And then the daemontouched came for me....""

Melbu obviously felt seer's prescence. "" you... The psychic one? Right? Look, I'm not here to fight you... Not unless you're wanting to start a fight first. I am returning because there's gonna be one hell of a war soon. And I'm going to get me a piece of action, and protect my descendants. Think of me now as a little extra insurance policy for Kazas, in case things don't go to well. But make no mistake, If you try to exorcise me, you've got another thing coming. Now will you be friend now, or prey like all those centuries ago? Besides, I'm no friend to daemons. I've spent countless years killing daemons, daemon lords, and even a high daemon lord or two. I've been a good griffon by doing the all maker a favor and cleaning up that place... So, I was offered parole, per say. Now, I'm coming back for a war against the undead.... And I'll walk amongst the living again, soon enough. The battles in Tartarus bore me....""

Kazas was in confusion and in disbelief. A soul along simorgh within his blade? It didn't seem plausible. He kept his calm, and did not say a word.

Edited by Dirge of souls

The non-existent battles in Tartarus, you mean? She shook her head. Yet another spirit in the group. If you do not harm, then... I don't see why not. But honestly, I'm still paranoid that something is going to happen really soon concerning the spirits in the group, all the way around, so you will have to bear with my scrutiny. Now, I'm all one for protector of the weak, but we were asked by Celestia to deal with a rouge Phoenix Lord as a favor to the King of the Griffons. I was unaware that this was why. But, what really ticked us off was when you crossed the border. And then we decided you had to go.

She shook her head, surprised that she was having this conversation. I'm sorry about that, if what you speak is the truth. I was not told of the reasons behind you going rouge. And, you may or may be right. Their probably be some kind of war soon. Between Vaas and Kazas. Once again. It's actually gotten quite cliche.

White Rose sighed and took a deep breath. Then she turned to Raze. "Dost thou wish to go first?"

The Jester was actively sweating, trying to keep his instinct to burn everything from taking over.

White Darkness sighed and leaned back against the tree. "I'll do it if Raze doesn't want to."

"" very well.."" Melbu spoke to seer one last time. "" you are friend. But make no mistake, I will not forget the past. When I crossed the border, I meant no harm, and the daemontouched and the inquisitors still attacked... One piece of advice. Following orders is okay, but following them blindly.... That makes you an absolute fool... And thanks for actually taking the time to actually listen to me like Kazas... I'll end this conversation with you with this... The world pushes us all to the brink... And when one is brave enough to push back... Then they are the ones considered evil. Before this is done, I'm going to change history, enlighten the world, and teach them to see through my eyes. And kazas... I may seem like a bloodthirsty monster now... But in time, you'll come to understand why I goaded you into that fight. If a time ever comes when you are in danger, and the odds seem impossible... Call out my name, and switch places temporarily with me. I'll take care of it... Daemontouched one...."" Melbu called out in seer's mind. This was something he said to seer only. Kazas would not hear this.

"" Kazas is a good soul and has chosen the righteous path of the healer, as he will not take a life... There's no way that I can repay the thousands of lives I took.... Including the ones of your predecessors. But I must ask something of you... Do not let Kazas become like me. The blue fire is a symbol of absolute hatred. That kind of hatred eats at your very being... As you have clearly seen with that vaas pony. If Kazas has to sin and take a life... I'll do it for him. I'm not letting my descendant's soul be corrupted as I have. I may enjoy war... But I love my family all the same. Goodbye.""

Kazas walked over to seer, shaking a little. " so that was Melbu... My ancestor... But can I truly trust him seer?"

Raze looked at White Rose. "Yeah sure, I'll go first. And please, don't use a medieval accent..." He then saw that the Jester was sweating. "You alright there Cannonback? You might want to take off that armor too. It'll make you look less suspicious, which is going to help greatly with our plan."

He gulped a bit, then took a deep breath. "Alright," he said, starting to walk. "Let's do this..."

With the others following behind, Raze approached and walked into the entrance. Once inside, he saw that it was empty. A ghost town almost, with no signs of life at all.

What, does this necromancer command an empty village or something? Raze thought to himself. Maybe he's a nutjob as well...

Out of the corner of his eye, though, he saw a young filly standing all alone, observing them. Raze regarded her with caution, not knowing whether or not she was one of the necromancer's tricks. Finally, the filly disappeared within the res of the village....

"You there!" Raze heard someone call out to him. He turned to the noise, and saw a blue colored colt, with a wizard's staff for a mark.

The colt smiled politely. "What brings you to our village?"

Raze stared at him, and cleared his throat. "We've... come to seek refuge," he said slowly.

The colt looked at him in confusion. "Refuge? Refuge from what?"

Raze also looked at him in a confused manner. "Word of the plague has not reached you?"

The colt, now seemingly understanding, smile once more. "Word is all that has reached us."

He held out a hoof. "My name is Ivo." 

Raze held out his own hoof and shook Ivo's. "I'm Raze."

With the introductions over with, he held a hoof towards his village. "Come. We shall give you a place to stay." 

With that said, all the villagers started coming out from their homes, as if on cue. 

• Brohoof 1

( hello? Anyone there?)

Kazas looked at seer and said " nevermind.. That's something I'll eventually find out myself." He walked with the group, and paid close attention to the pony that raze was speaking with. He thought to himself, with slight panic, but kept a calm face.

' it's that pony I saw on the balcony.... Damn. He must know who I am. I must keep calm. I wonder.... He is probably the necromancer.... But then again, I can't jump to conclusions. I need to be sure.... But why does he give me an eerie feeling? And why.... Why do these people make me nervous to the core? Something isn't right here.... Something is definately not right.'

Kazas had the deepest urge to draw his sword, but resisted the temptation. He spoke out loud. " yes, it's very terrible out there. We've already been attacked by bandits and that plague hasn't gotten any better. We've been traveling to find a safe place to stay...."

Melbu spoke into kazas's mind. "" hmmmm.... Kazas I think youve found the pony you're looking for.... He's giving off some very malovolent energy. Watch yourself around this one, boy.""

• Brohoof 1

Diego followed the others into the village. He stopped when he saw the strange stallion speak to Raze and the others and thought about revealing himself, but something told him to stay hidden. True, the villagers may seem friendly now, but what of later on? What if they turned on the others? It would be far more useful to have somepony who remained hidden from sight, just in case. Diego stood away from the main group and observed what went on. He was glad to have come to a decision about remaining out of sight, cloaked in concealing spells.

This village gave Diego the creeps. Something, he could not decide what it was, sent shivers up his spine and made every single hair stand upright. It was just the almost undetectable wrongness about the place. The village was not normal and neither were its inhabitants. And the worst condender for the aura of wrongness about the village was undoubtedly the blue stallion, Ivo. Diego vowed to watch him especially, and to try and find out for himself just was what up with this place.

Something about the village bugged Vaas. He could feel the whispers of spirits telling him to open the rift. Shaking his head he watched the others talk to some strange pony.

And on this day will mark the beginning of a new era of back stab and murder. I shall not be the first to cast the stone that will send this mission to shit, but i will be apart of the murdering kind. Nothing will make me lose focus on the task at hand even my lust for necromancy will not get in my way. Thinking to himself as he watched the others.

Looking at Seer he could feel something that wasn't normal to him. Trying to shake off this feeling he couldn't stop thinking about her words.

I don't understand why I'm caring for this pony. Her words ring in my head and they grow louder and louder every time I think upon it. What is going on with me?! Why do I care for this pony?! Thinking as turned his head away.

Fiddlesticks laughed, "I can see something is on your mind and it has something to do with that pony isn't it?" Whispering to him.

Smiling he looked back at Seer, "No harm will come to her as long as i'm alive. She is truly a diamond in this mad world." Whispering back.

White just nodded, mainly focusing on keeping the massive amounts of dark energy away from the party. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the building headache.

The Jester was now looking directly at the necromancer. Why do villains must insist on being devious? We can see through their plans. He shook his head. Not one villain exists that he loves one on one combat anymore. Gosh, they think that they're invincible.

Shadow Seer wasn't paying attention as Kazas walked off, although she was thinking about his question. She stayed silent, thinking further on the matter. And then she felt eyes on her. She stood up suddenly and looked around, before spotting Vaas looking at her through a face masked from emotions. I wish that I could do something for him to relieve his burden. Even if it's just being a friend for him. But all my attempts, he just turns away... She sighed, wiping the last tear from her eye. I guess... I'll have to wait until he's ready for a friend before I try to be his friend.

Resh growled. "As he enters a love relation with the daemon hunter. Gosh, you can be thick at times. She hunts daemons. You know, Fiddlesticks and I? And I really don't want anything to do with her, unless it involves rending the flesh from her bones." He sighed. "Ponies these days... a lot can change in a hundred years, yes?"

(edited)

Vaas stood there for a moment before turning to Resh, "Watch your words Resh. I'm not afraid to take you down myself. You won't be bring her harm as long as I'm alive. I may be a murderous monster bent on killing everything that blocks my path, but I'm still affected by emotions. It's been awhile since my boiling blood has come to a halt and it's all because of this one pony." Staring with curiosity at the group. "Harm won't come your way if you just stay out of matters like this. I just want you to focus on opening the rift and getting the troops ready for the possible war vs the griffon empire. My goals haven't changed because of Seer it's just.....I'm sidetracked." Watching a tear fall of Seer's face.

Fiddlesticks put his hand on Resh, "Let the subject go Resh. Your only driving him away from us. He will discover a possible mistake he made getting feelings for a daemon hunter. She is still mortal, but I have a feeling she will always pick duty over love. He has been searching for something that will keep him fighting and I think he has found it. She is apart of his life no matter how much we dislike it just hope that things will fail so we can finally march on Kazas's corpse." Whispering as he set his gaze upon White, "Can you feel that massive dark energy coming from her? That dark energy could give us some power...or we could help this energy in hopes of corrupting her soul or at least her mind." Looking at Resh with a wicked grin.

Edited by Plague Doctor
  • Brohoof 1

Kazas watched as the ponies exited out of their houses. Something wasn't right. The feathers on the back of his neck stood straight up, and he felt chills go through his body. For whatever reason, he wanted to lash out due to fear, though he did not know exactly why he was afraid. He looked at a pony that stared at him from a distance, and it was unlike anything he had ever seen. The eyes of the pony seemed blank and soulless. Like it wanted him to become soulless as the pony apparently seemed Melbu popped into his mind once more.

"" so you've seen a living corpse I see... Now you know why necromancy is a failed art. The body is there, but the soul is not. The soul is either kept by the necromancer in control, or they have passed to the other side, only to watch in horror as their corpses are used for vile purposes... Though, there are extremely rare cases where the necromancer is able to keep the soul and body together... Kazas, you're best off killing a soulless. I know you vowed not to take a life, but they're already gone.... It's not homicide if they're already dead.""

Kazas responded. ' true... But not every pony here is dead, hopefully... And how do you know about all of this, Melbu?'

"" Tartarus is a place full of dark secrets... Even I can say there is some very grotesque things that happen there... It's probably best if you don't know.""

' fine....'

He grunted. "Fine. Very well. But... Fine. Just fine." He sighed and turned to Fiddlesticks. "I'm starting to wonder why we must put up with theis one and not find some other half-dead person in this sleepy little town to open the portal. It would certainly be faster." He sighed again and shook his head. Then he turned his gaze to White Rose. "I could do it if she wasn't repulsing the darkness. We will have to wait until she weakens, or we shalt get repulsed as well. It is a full circle spell. Unfortunately." He growled.

White Rose now had a full migrane and was rapidly tiring. The reduced the repulsion to a mere protection against the energy, and shook her head as she sweated, exhausted. "That wasn't the best idea," she murmured to herself.

The Jester was now studiously staring at his feet. There was nothing on the ground that needed to be destroyed, so it wasn't a temptation, right? Except that under this ground lies a rift into Tartarus that... darnit. Now I'm thinking about it again.

Shadow Seer was silently pondering Vaas's reactioins to her over the past few days. Wondering why he seemed to go easy on her. May be because of her genuine want to help him? That was probably it... but there were many other factors as well. It was confusing, and she decided to think about something else for now.

Vaas looked at Seer one more time before walking away from the others. I don't like being here...I'm always hearing whispers telling me to burn everything to ground and start a crusade against the living. So many want the rift to be open again...temptation feels my mind but i seek a new future. A light has pierced my blacken heart...I can't believe i'm the one becoming weak at the moment when i need my rage and blood thirst the most. I need to focus on my main task...i can't let Seer infect my mind anymore. I just need to say something I just need to get these thoughts out of my head. I must get her alone before the final fight I must speak my mind and find the truth I seek. Sighing he looked towards the gates of the village. Or I could just leave now and forget all about these ponies...

Fiddlesticks watched Vaas as he stared at the gates. What is this pony thinking about? Is she really that important to him or is there something greater than her? I've never seen this side of him it seems as if something has awoken him to see that he still has a chance at a future even if it's not with us. Seer what have you done to killer Vaas i once knew...I must activate the ritual once again he needs to regain his murderous state.

Raze followed Ivo, who was leading them around the village. Looking around, he could see the ponies a pretty simple life. Many of the houses were small straw cottages, which made sense, seeing that they were nowhere near any other sign of civilization at all. Yet something didn't seem... right. Raze couldn't tell what it was, but it made him feel... uneasy about his surroundings.

"Do you have a leader in your little group?" Ivo asked Raze.

Raze, snapping out from his thoughts, pointed to White Rose. "That'd be her."

"I see..." Ivo slowly walked towards White. "I hope you don't mind, but I'm afraid you'll only be staying one night here, but I'm pretty sure that's all you need. We'll give you dinner, a warm place to sleep, and by morning, a couple of our guards will kindly escort you to a safe part of the forest. I hope you understand..."

Ivo finally led them to several empty cottages, each containing a bed and a desk.

"Here we are. I hope you find your accomadations comfortable. If there's anything you might need, don't be afraid to ask. Otherwise, just wait for my call when supper is ready."

Ivo bowed in front of the group, then left them, approaching a guard.

"You know what to do..." The guard slowly nodded.

Raze, still feeling uneasy, decided to set his things inside the cottage, then decided to talk to White about the situation.

"Well... what do you think?" he asked White.

White Rose narrowed her eyes. "This Ivo guy is the necromancer, and when we fall asleep tonight, we will be captured. That's what I think. I think that this whole thing is a trap." She sighed. "I wish that these people were less obvious about her plans."

What did you expect? Give them absolute power and they think that they are invincible. Take Magolor and the Master Crown, for instance-

"What and who?"

Nope, not saying.

She shrugged.

White Darkness and the Jester of Death were shunted into the same hut as them. The Jester decided the best option was to just hit the hay, while White Darkness stayed alert, sharpening his blades.

Shadow Seer got shunted into  house with Vaas and Kazas. Oh, great. How nice. Now she got to listen to them argue for the next few hours. She sighed and went to stare at the stars. She liked stargazing. It was peaceful, and the stars twinkled softly, unaware of the chaos happening below. She shook her head and sighed.

"Darnit! Not her? Why her?" Resh shook his hand. "Life has a sense of humor. Now I have to spend the night- however short that might be- with a daemon hunter." He shook his head. "Meh."

Diego felt his hackles rise when he saw the others put into different houses. He was sure that this was a trap; the sense of wrongness was increasing by the minute and he had no desire to reveal himself. Instead, he found a place behind one of the houses to lie down and silently renew the cloaking spells. Nonverbal magic was possible, especially for a practiced mage, but it took a lot more energy and concentration to do so. Hence why Diego had to find a place out of the way to perform the spells. Speaking them out loud was out of the question when surrounded by enemies. He took as long as he could spare to perform the cloak of concealment spell, then settled down for a long wait.

He was determined to stay awake for the moment; he had done so many times in his past, when his paranoia didn't allow him to sleep for fear of assassination. Diego felt lonely waiting, but had already decided to stay unknown and unnoticed. He remained lying down, his wings folded against his side, and resigned himself to a long wait.

• Brohoof 1

Raze shrugged. "Whatever you say, I guess Although there's probably more to this than you think, I'm just saying. Man this village though, it seems friendly and all, but... I can't shake this feeling of apprehension... I can't stop being on edge." He fell silent for a while, then shrugged it off. "I'll probably just get used it after a while though. It might be me, being nervous about this whole things, about this entire setup... whatever. I'll... see you soon, I guess. Stay alert, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.... crap like that."

He sighed as he entered his hut, somewhat tired. He honestly didn't know what to think about all this at this point.

These people seem friendly enough... but why does that make me feel cautious about them...?

Are you a dumbass or were you born stupid?! That's what they want you to think, that they're all just a bunch of innocent villagers with halos floating over their heads!

R appeared right beside him, a grin plastered on his face.

Soooo.... this is it, huh? The moment of truth, the climax to the story, the do or die moment... you get what I'm saying.

Raze laughed a bit at this. "There is no do or die moment, it's just 'do'... Dying's not an option for me."

R shrugged. "Whatever you say... and by the way, when are you gonna make the moves on that girl you talkin' with a while ago?"

Raze looked away for a bit. "Er... What do you mean?"

R's grin widened. Don't think you can fool me. I know what you feel for her...

"Look, not now, alright? I'm a bit tired..."

R laughed, then disappeared out of the hut.

• Brohoof 1

Vaas sighed as he found out who he was sharing a room with. Great Kazas and Seer just what i needed...one that calms my blood and the other one that makes me want to murder his whole family and set his whole village on fire. This is going to be along night...well at least i could finally tell Seer...just not yet. Laying his swords on a table and taking a seat in a chair.

Looking at Kazas with dis enjoyment, "Kazas we don't like each other but lets just stay out each others faces until we are free of this room. I don't feel like fighting...i've got to much on my mind to focus my rage on you." Sighing putting his hoof on his forehead.

Fiddlesticks jumped on Vaas's bed, "Vaas your over thinking things just relax and let it come natural. You know your time is coming soon so be prepared for it." Yawning as he spoke. 

"Not helping Fiddlesticks...please just no fighting for the night at least Kazas. Plus do we really want to fight in front of Seer? We are still gentleman no matter how twisted and corrupt we are. Deal?" Holding out his hoof waiting to see if he would take the offer.