Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think this fandom can have an MMORPG?

Sky Warden

Do you think that this fandom can have an MMORPG?  

37 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this fandom can have an MMORPG?

• Why of course we can! We are the best fandom evar!
    • MMORPG? Hay no! Go home! You're drunk!
    • Not sure if we can, or we can not.

God this is genius!!! that is amazing! i saw videos about that SweBow you should submit to Equestria Daily wen it releases like on Title (Brand new MMO GAME Legends of equestria free to play!!) Everypony should join it it was like very user join that game and be sucessful!

Keep good work! Never give up!

As far as I know, number isn't the most important thing in a project team. The thing is how to organize the whole crew. Seriously, I've seen a project with dozens of ponies, but due to a lack of organization, it crumbled easily. :lol:

I hope this won't happen to the LOE project.

Actually, the biggest problem in making an MMORPG is the 'massive' part. I believe we can make a multi-player game which is played online, but handling thousands of online players at the same time needs a lot of resource. A company can spend $5k per month for maintenance, and handling the servers, but since we can make a team of volunteers, the bill can be greatly cut. I'm optimist we can have an MORPG (without the word 'massive').

Just an RPG, played online. We can make that, and keep it running.

I think this could work, it wouldn't be World of Warcraft scale of course, but I think a simple kind of one could be formed if the right people were put together on the project. I know that I would definitely try it out!

I have a question.

What would you guys like to see in an MMORPG with ponies? I'm just shooting this question out there and see if the LoE Team is "right on the money".

To clarify what I mean is that I wish to see if our current view of the game matches what the public have in mind.

I have a question.

What would you guys like to see in an MMORPG with ponies? I'm just shooting this question out there and see if the LoE Team is "right on the money".

To clarify what I mean is that I wish to see if our current view of the game matches what the public have in mind.

For me,all I need is a diverse character build system that allows for many different builds to be viable,raids,and some good mates.But seeing as how this is going to be more child-friendly,I don't think the first two things I mentioned would be major development points. :P

Really,as long as you guys keep up the good work,you'll do fine.Not sure if you had anymore stress tests since the first one last year,but you guys had some pretty good stuff in the works.Especially the infinite fireballs,I hope that makes a return in the full game. :P

Uh. I might be wrong with this one, as I'm not the best at determining genres, but, isn't Legends of Equestria going to be one? I mean, its advertised as one, and all.

http://www.legendsofequestria.com/

I agree with this. LoE looks to have everything needed to be considered a pony MMORPG. Provided Hasbro doesn't go See-n-Dee crazy, it should fill that niche quite well.

For me,all I need is a diverse character build system that allows for many different builds to be viable,raids,and some good mates.But seeing as how this is going to be more child-friendly,I don't think the first two things I mentioned would be major development points. tongue.png

In fact, it most likely will be raids. It depends on the mission type the writers comes up with. We recommend you play this game with friends, but you don't have to. Some quests (might be changed) right now require a friend(s) to finish them.

Just because we make it children friendly, doesn't mean we will make it any less entertaining smile.png

If I get my way with the forest... *starts singing on "Be Prepared" from the Lion King*

Edited by swebow
  • Brohoof 2