Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Umbral Noir

Vinyl Scratch or Octavia?  

88 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the better pony?

• Vinyl Scratch
    • Octavia

Dammit!!!

Why in Celestia's name did you have to make me choose between the two!?!

This is hard

I like both characters an how Ty are both porters in the fandom

Based in the music I like dub-step music, but I also like classical music as well. I especially like it when they combine the two (always great).

Why do I have to choose?

*sigh*

My vote goes to Octavia

Sorry Vinyl, but she wins the vote

I have been recently listening to more music with a classical hint so there is that. Plus the LoZ series music is orchestrated and I listen to that a lot.

Okay, so I have to choose between the two most overrated characters in My Little Pony history. (no offense)

Viscra gets my vote. She's more popular and a tad less overrated.

And she uses sound waves as weapons.

That is all.

Octavia, for a couple reasons:

First off, there are the ponies themselves.  I think Octavia has the better color scheme.  She looks so delightfully refined and elegant.  She may seem "ordinary" to some, but it's really quite beautiful.

Secondly, there are the chosen "instruments".  I feel that it takes a great deal more skill to play a cello than it does to create music on a computer.  Although on a personal note, it bothers me that she plays her cello while standing (since it is supposed to be a cello and not a double bass), and that her cutie mark is a treble clef rather than a bass clef (although that's probably because a treble clef looks prettier).

• Brohoof 1

That's not entirely true...  I found this channel quite a while ago while searching the dark depths of Youtube.  It just seems to be a lot less well known and doesn't include any animations.

not bad. 

now, I'm going to say a load completely unrelated stuff, due to the fact that this forum requires a minimum word count of 100 words, I mean it's just stupid. yes it stops people from saying just lol, but sometimes you just need a one word answer, I mean, what if someone asks you if you like banana, I mean it's an interesting question, but you don't really need 100 characters to say it. it's just silly really

*looks at word count*

WOO HOO!, 360 words baby :D

voted for Vinyl purely because she hung out with Pinkie and let her DJ at the big wedding.

don't agree with this whole 'classical vs. dubstep' thing, music is music guys, my headcanon is that Octavia is a talented studio musician who's played for all genres.

I equally like them both I guess. I'm not as into Dubstep as I used to be but I can tolerate some of it, same goes for classical music. I sort of prefer classical music for relaxing and such while I can listen to Dubstep and similar types of music when I'm at a party or something.

For looks, I'd say I like Vinyl Scratch's mane just a tad bit better because I sort of like the spiky hair look, a bit more than the usual slick comb-over hair style.

Oh wow, the two of them are tied?  As much as I love Octavia, I honestly would have thought that Vinyl would have demolished her.  I guess that there's more love for Octavia out there than I thought...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Can't decide. I like almost every music (well, except Justin Bieber-like crap).

Both Vinyl and Tavi have their good and bad sides. Both classical and electronic music have their good and bad sides either.

• Brohoof 1

They're both a bit overrated in my opinion, but I'll go with Vinyl Scratch. Octavia just looks too... uppity. Thing is, we don't really know anything about either of them, so it's hard to say. I hope bits and pieces of the background ponies get revealed as the show goes on... that'd be nice.

• Brohoof 1

don't agree with this whole 'classical vs. dubstep' thing, music is music guys

Some styles of music simply hold more appeal for some people than other styles. It's good to see that there exist so many people out there who take the "I love ALL forms of music!" approach, but people generally stick to what they like the most, and there's nothing wrong with that IMO, as long as they don't go out of their way to actively bash the music they don't like (or those who enjoy it).

That said, I'd go with Octavia, as classical and orchestral music do so much more for me than wubs. Although it does mystify me a little bit as to why she has a treble clef for a cutie mark in spite of the fact that she plays contrabass. Just a design oversight, I guess...unless her true talent is really the violin. wacko.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well......Octavia is beautiful and classy, but Vinyl Scratch has cool shades. This is too hard!

Okay I pick Octavia. (Sorry Vinyl, I still love you!)

Edited by Pinkie4eeeever
  • Brohoof 1

I personally like Octavia better. I like her character design and her name. :wub:

Vinyl Scratch isn't bad, but I don't really like her all that much. I don't know why... :P

Anyway, my vote goes to Octavia. :)

• Brohoof 1

Octavia. Her long hair is a lot more distinct from the other ponies, and here color scheme is pretty nice to. 

She also has a better personality. She seems like a serious and dedicated pony compared to Vinyl who (Knowing Dubstep fans like me) and wild. And only Rainbow Dash can pull that of.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have a bad eye, but I don't believe I've ever spotted Octavia in the series.

I've seen Vinyl every time she's made an appearance, so I'll have to go with her. I also just simply adore her design. Rock-tastic!

It's a tough call, but I think I prefer Octavia for her sheer amounts of class. I also think I'd be a little more interested in learning more about Octavia than Vinyl, though I do love Vinyl as well.

I'm all for class, fancy, and very good manners. But, when it comes to me I'm not always the classy one in a group. So, I'm going with Vinyl. Even if I do like them both. :o

I only sat octavia or vinyl scratch cause i like Apocolyptica better then Skirex or how ever you spell them 2 different musical acts

Prefer classical to rave.

Yet I prefer Vinyls design. Very striking mixing bright blue with clean white.

More interested in Vinyl as a character as well. She looks like she'd have a lot to say.

I may have a bad eye, but I don't believe I've ever spotted Octavia in the series.

I've seen Vinyl every time she's made an appearance, so I'll have to go with her. I also just simply adore her design. Rock-tastic!

Grand Galloping Gala, she played the cello, silly :P how could you not notice pinkie messing up her performance :o

I prefer Octavia, she seems more refined and mature, like me in some ways. though my party side of me says Vinyl

"I CAN'T DECIDE!"

After some polls i''ve seeen on the forum, i'd thought I would do my own smile.png Who do you like the most? Vinyl Scratch or Octavia? (Vinyl is my fave)

As it so turns out, we've already got a topic about choosing Vinyl VS Octavia :3 I've merged your topic with it. Be sure to try out the search feature to see if topics may already exist inside sections, by typing in a character name or other sort of tag ^^

• Brohoof 1

i like vinyl better because i can realte to her way of life more. and i love electronic music :3 maybe not so much for brostep but very much for hardcore EDM hardstyle tekstyle gabbercore and terrorcore

I'd have to say octavia, because I always think in my mind that Class always is better than swagger. This might be more on the fact that I listen to classical music, I was raised that way, but this is just my opinion.