Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Umbral Noir

Vinyl Scratch or Octavia?  

88 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the better pony?

• Vinyl Scratch
    • Octavia

(edited)

I can't decide which of the two I like better. I love dubstep, but I'm also a cellist. Which pony does everypony prefer? Also, please include a reason for your choice.

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

(edited)

OCTAVIA IS BEST BACKGROUND PONY. No, but seriously, I love Octavia and she is my absolute favorite background pony. She has a beautiful character design, she plays the cello (a beautiful instrument) and she has an adorable accent. (According to the fandom videos) Vinyl Scratch is cool too, but she is a bit overrated in my opinion. (No offense Vinyl Fans. Don't worry, I still like her.)

Whoops, I forgot to mention that I love her classyness (Is that a word?) and that she is mature. And she is adorable no matter what she does. Thanks for reminding me,

Edited by Blue_Moon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definately Octavia <3

I have a headcanon that she's secretly also a guitarist, with a personality (and hairstyle) similar to that of Joan Jett. Some day, I'm going to write a fanfiction about that.

Also her design is very cute, her fan voice is cute, and she's one of those characters that hasn't had an overwhelming amount of character elements placed on her.

Edited by Angus Young

(edited)

As much as I love Vinyl, I love octavia even more!

She's so adorable, nice, classy, and overall the most mature background pony of them all!

Also, she's extra adorable as a filly, baby, or whatever she does!derpy_emoticon2.png

Edited by DXSilverX
  • Brohoof 1

Vinyl Scratch. She looks Dubsteppy. Wub wub wub :D. But I also like Octavia because she is all classy like. And that's pretty cool.

You expect me to chose between the two best characters this fandom has ever given a name and personality to?

NO! I refuse to chose one of them, they're better together.

Both. mlp-dawesome.png

Wait, I have to choose? mlp-rshock.png

But... but... I love them both... mlp-rsad.png

Oh, don't make me choose, pleeeeeeaaaaaase! mlp-rwhine.png

*Sniff* Fine, if I have to choose... I choose Octavia. mlp-rbored.png

That's dumb, I totally want both....

• Brohoof 3

hmm, tricky. they both have parts that I love. their both badass, whether you prefer bass cannons or kung fu. actually  I remember a fanfic where octavi was also a ex fencer. pretty badass. but then again, vinyl has this awesome madness to her, she's like a wub-derful version of the pinkster, only with bass instead of reality warping. 

honestly, I prefer octy in terms of fanfiction/art,

but over all vinyl wins. And here's why: http://www.youtube.com/user/VinylScratchDjPony?feature=watch

yes, this is technically a completely different person, but hey, I can dream. so far, Vinyl is the only character period to have made music. not music about, but stuff writer BY her. that's badass..

I prefer classical music, so Octavia is easily my favorite.  I also find her bowtie to be absolutely fascinating for some reason.  Vinyl's shades are interesting, but there's something about that bowtie....  I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

This is quite like deciding between dubstep and classical music, since Vinyl Scratch and Octavia are seemingly both representatives of the two genres.

I like them both, but I would prefer Octavia and classical music.

Really hard for me to decide from the two out of three best background pony musicians. I usually like wubs and I never really understood classical music until I saw Octavia. Hard choice. :P

Aw, I love both of them. I prefer Vinyl's design; it's pretty rad. But I'd rather listen to Octavia's music. Since little is really known about either of their personalities outside of fanon, it's hard to say. I guess I'll pick Vinyl since design is the most prominent thing about them in show. 

(edited)

yes, this is technically a completely different person, but hey, I can dream. so far, Vinyl is the only character period to have made music. not music about, but stuff writer BY her. that's badass..

That's not entirely true...  I found this channel quite a while ago while searching the dark depths of Youtube.  It just seems to be a lot less well known and doesn't include any animations.

Edited by Antismurf9001

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I don't really understand. This is a false dichotomy. This is no reason why classical-style music and modern electronica (such as dubstep) cannot co-exist. For example:

smile.png

• Brohoof 3

I think they are both awesome because i'm a fan of music in general but If I had to choose just one of them I'd pick Vinyl because I love her style more :)

Octavia is like in my top five. I frickin' love Octavia, on the other hoof, i'm not such of fan of Vinyl. Maybe it's because I'm not such a big fan of EDM and stuff. (If you know who I am, then you prabably know what music I like.)

I like them both equally, they are both tied for my 2nd favorite background pony. As a musician I have been exposed to many different forms of music and like both the classical style of Octavia and the epic wub, boggie all night style of Vinyl Scratch.