Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Now she's even more like mommy."

~Master~ Button Mash

I don't go to /mlp/ often, but sometimes curiosity gets the better of me, and in this case, I'm glad it did. I found this in a feels thread.

post-10346-0-06690900-1365576208_thumb.png

I don't know if it's real or just copypasta, but it still made me step back for a moment and think. Still withholding my opinions on Twilicorn, but this made me...think.

Just figured I'd share. Seems like this section could use a bit of a change of pace from the usual discussion. A little something from a different perspective.

Thoughts?

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 35

97e.gif

Seriously man,that's some pretty sad stuff.And adorable too,but mostly sad. sad.png

It's funny though.You'd never think a show for little girls could do something like this,and yet this happened.It's amazing how such a simple show can affect people in different ways.

• Brohoof 8

tumblr_mggi8rU2nC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

T~T/)

Externally, I'm still solid as a rock...internally, it broke me. 

Even if it's not true, it is still a nice story that some people can find comforting to read.

• Brohoof 8

Oh my...... 

tumblr_mbykj8PXlW1ry9dn6.gif

That was.....damn man that was some heavy stuff right there, i'm not quite sure what to say. 

It's funny though.You'd never think a show for little girls could do something like this,and yet this happened.It's amazing how such a simple show can affect people in different ways.

Agreed, it's pretty amazing to see how it can affect people in different ways, from things like making someone that was always down happy to things like this. 

Edited by Gamer Brony
  • Brohoof 2

*Snif*. I submitted the image to EQ, if they don't post it all heck will break loose. This really touched me. Surprised this would be posted on 4chan, wonder if the dad knows what kinda place it is? Maybe he wants to purify it?

• Brohoof 2

When I first started watching the show Pinkie Pie was my second favorite pony in large part because she reminds me of my Dad who was very sick with kidney failure at the time. He passed away last year after a slow decline since 2008 his body couldn't simply couldn't take it anymore. Like Pinkie Pie it didn't take much to make him happy, he had a great sense of humor and always tried to make everyone smile and enjoy themselves.  Even though he suffered more than I have ever seen anyone suffer even when his pain was at its worst he always thought of how to make me, my brother and my mother happy and tried to keep a positive attitude. Today Pinkie Pie is my third favorite not because I like her any less but because a few ponies have moved up on my list.

As for my mother who is very much alive Applejack who was my favorite pony from the beginning reminds me very much of her now that I think about it. Like Applejack she highly values honesty, hard work and has taught me that values such as family, keeping your word and doing what is right even when it is not easy or popular are very important.

• Brohoof 2

I don't browse 4chan or any of the chan often, but when nice stories pop up on a site with such a reputation such as 4chan. It really shows the kinder and more gentle spirit of the net instead of it being the flame wars / trolling. Always nice to run into a story to make us see the great things we have in this world and to hold onto and make them last. So many feels from the story and thank you for posting it.

• Brohoof 1

My..... my feels :(

That was really sad. 

Exactly. I've only watched this show for a little over a month, and I've read quite a few stories like this. It's wonderful when something so unexpected can have such an impact. Very touching :(

Aaaaw.....so touching yet so sad. T_T So sorry to hear that his wife passed on....I can only imagine the pain he feels....

But this is yet another beautiful story that goes to show how much MLP can have an effect on you. It really is a good show....and has made many people happy. And seeing this just goes to show that the characters themselves also grow on you.....if I'm sad I just watch this how and it cheers me right up. So it kinda pisses me off when I see someone hating on the show when they havn't watched it...sure, the show isn't for everyone, but for me, it's the most inspiring and wonderful show. 

But I was touched by this...how Twilight Sparkle reminded her of her mom. So MLP does have an impact...in more ways than you think. wink.png Thanks for sharing, this made my day!

Edited by Pixiesong

• 3 weeks later...

This would be the only reason I'm glad Twilight turned into an alicorn.

Everything else makes me wish she hadn't.

But that story is touching, and I'm so sorry for them.

That is pretty sad.  I didn't really show any emotion, but on the inside I'm crying.  That is a pretty sad story.  This is why I don't go on ?mlp/

Honestly.

Call me heartless or whatever, but I'm not willing to get sad over something that could of possibly been made up by an anonymous user. Sure the story is sad, but not believable to me, at least.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly.

Call me heartless or whatever, but I'm not willing to get sad over something that could of possibly been made up by an anonymous user. Sure the story is sad, but not believable to me, at least.

(I don't like Twilicorn either).

But with all due respect, why don't you think it's believable?

It could happen.

In fact I believe it DID happen, because I've seen things like that happen before.

(edited)

(I don't like Twilicorn either).

But with all due respect, why don't you think it's believable?

It could happen.

In fact I believe it DID happen, because I've seen things like that happen before.

Eh, i could write a story like this, post it anywhere, and receive the pity from thousands of people, knowing anyone can do that, i don't see why I should believe this. It's sad, it'd be sad if i was certain it happened, but i'm not willing to believe anything posted on the internet, much less 4chan.

Also, he's a dad, on the /mlp/ section of 4chan, has a kid. Makes it less believable.

Edited by Pinkazoid!
  • Brohoof 1

Eh, i could write a story like this, post it anywhere, and receive the pity from thousands of people, knowing anyone can do that, i don't see why I should believe this. It's sad, it'd be sad if i was certain it happened, but i'm not willing to believe anything posted on the internet, much less 4chan.

Also, he's a dad, on the /mlp/ section of 4chan, has a kid. Makes it less believable.

Well, what's so unbelievable about having a kid who loves MLP?

I love MLP and I also have a father.

The only reason he'd be on the /mlp/ section of 4chan is because his daughter got him into it.

Otherwise the story wouldn't be up there.

Well, what's so unbelievable about having a kid who loves MLP?

I love MLP and I also have a father.

The only reason he'd be on the /mlp/ section of 4chan is because his daughter got him into it.

Otherwise the story wouldn't be up there.

You don't see my point.

The kid liking MLP, is completely believable. >_>

He's on 4chan, of all the places, I'm pretty sure his daughter doesn't even know about 4chan, there's a million pony sites to be in, but out of all of those, he chose 4chan, makes it too hard to believe for me.

• Brohoof 1

You don't see my point.

The kid liking MLP, is completely believable. dry.png

He's on 4chan, of all the places, I'm pretty sure his daughter doesn't even know about 4chan, there's a million pony sites to be in, but out of all of those, he chose 4chan, makes it too hard to believe for me.

Actually, the majority of fans of MLP are teens and adults.

I doubt his daughter knows he posted this on 4chan.

I doubt she told him to post it.

I bet he was recommended to 4chan by a friend and later found the /mlp/ section.

Actually, the majority of fans of MLP are teens and adults.

I doubt his daughter knows he posted this on 4chan.

I doubt she told him to post it.

I bet he was recommended to 4chan by a friend and later found the /mlp/ section.

It's hard believing a father can be around Rule 34 and other sorts of things about something he and his daughter both appreciate. Especially after what happened, and considering his daughter's age. Doesn't seem like something a father would do. I've been on 4chan, of course is not all clop, but the slightest amount of it, hard to take anything seriously there.

It's hard believing a father can be around Rule 34 and other sorts of things about something he and his daughter both appreciate. Especially after what happened, and considering his daughter's age. Doesn't seem like something a father would do. I've been on 4chan, of course is not all clop, but the slightest amount of it, hard to take anything seriously there.

...You mean you don't think a father would stand up and post something that means a lot to him? If so... why?

Why is it so unbelievable for a father to post something that touched and inspired him?

...You mean you don't think a father would stand up and post something that means a lot to him? If so... why?

Why is it so unbelievable for a father to post something that touched and inspired him?

What i'm trying to say, and been saying the whole time, is that why would he post this on 4chan? If the story was true, fine, okay, I'll give him my internet pity since it means that much. But I honestly doubt this is real.