Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Soundgarden's Electro, House, Trance and Hardstyle thread

Soundgarden

I decided making a thread dedicated to everything Electro, House, Trance, Hardstyle or anything similar

I personally listen to a lot of Dutch House (Dirty Dutch) at the moment, mostly Afrojack but also Sidney Samson, Sonicc and Bingo Players. I also listen to a lot of Progressive/Electrohouse

My favorite Afrojack song ^^

Otherwise, what kind of electronic music are you guys into? Share and discuss!

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 3

I listen to progressive house/ electronic music mainly (can have vocals, but surely mustn´t)

I fell in love with Archie V. , to me the by far best Brony musician there is :3

most recent track

a bit older

thing is, it has to be music you can let go to, it has to have beat, it has to make me feel happy.

I listen to progressive house/ electronic music mainly (can have vocals, but surely mustn´t)

I fell in love with Archie V. , to me the by far best Brony musician there is :3

most recent track

a bit older

thing is, it has to be music you can let go to, it has to have beat, it has to make me feel happy.

Yep, I love progressive House, it got a really happy beat, it could turn my frown upside down in a second :D

Here's a recommendation. I fell in love with this song recently

Otherwise, you should really check out Swedish House Mafia. They are GODS. Shame they split, but the remaining artists still produce godlike music, like Axwell right here:

• Brohoof 1

I could cry right know...

Swedish House Mafia sure are gods, but many of their tracks are blogged by the GEMA (evil people, who hate everyone who enjoys good music)... but hey, I would love to see them live.

Too bad I missed my chance to go to the Defqon 1 in the Nethrelands this summer :,C (planned on going there with ProjectRKA and a few friends)

(edited)

I could cry right know...

Swedish House Mafia sure are gods, but many of their tracks are blogged by the GEMA (evil people, who hate everyone who enjoys good music)... but hey, I would love to see them live.

Too bad I missed my chance to go to the Defqon 1 in the Nethrelands this summer :,C (planned on going there with ProjectRKA and a few friends)

I heard you and RKA were going. Such a shame that you missed it sad.png. And you wont see Swedish House Mafia any time soon tongue.png. But thankfully the members are still doing music, I really like Ingrossos stuff. Especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHkpumhwdA

Edited by Soundgarden

I'm really picky when it comes down to genres like these ones in electronic music, half of it sounds good, while the other half of it makes my earsbleed. One Trance band in particular that I very greatly like is Underworld.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i56xzNLvQDQ

And this is an IDM song, though it kind of reminds me more of this type of music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fmo1Sjn7dg

Also the music video is hilarious

I'm really picky when it comes down to genres like these ones in electronic music, half of it sounds good, while the other half of it makes my earsbleed. One Trance band in particular that I very greatly like is Underworld.

And this is an IDM song, though it kind of reminds me more of this type of music

Also the music video is hilarious

Yea, I can really imagine Electrohouse and such being a genre that isn't really for you, Moog. O personally never got into Trance all too much, and that little amount of Trance I did get into is more of a Electro/Trance mix. Underworld is... good I guess, but not something I would regularly listen to. Then best thing about this kind of music is the happy or dirty beat, and stuff like Underworld kind of kills the enjoyment for me. 

And btw, if a song is called "Window Licker", you know that it got a hilarious video xD

Though I know you don't like Dutch House or anything similar, but do you like progressive stuff? Like Swedish House Mafia, Avicii and Tommy Trash? 

Yea, I can really imagine Electrohouse and such being a genre that isn't really for you, Moog. O personally never got into Trance all too much, and that little amount of Trance I did get into is more of a Electro/Trance mix. Underworld is... good I guess, but not something I would regularly listen to. Then best thing about this kind of music is the happy or dirty beat, and stuff like Underworld kind of kills the enjoyment for me. 

And btw, if a song is called "Window Licker", you know that it got a hilarious video xD

Though I know you don't like Dutch House or anything similar, but do you like progressive stuff? Like Swedish House Mafia, Avicii and Tommy Trash? 

Meh, Prog House is okay, I hate Avicii though, he has generic written all over him, SHM are alright. And also it's understandable to dislike Underworld since they are much different from the usual, they have a much more psychedelic sound to them, with trippy lyrics. When it comes down to anything EDM related I guess I only like stuff from the 90's back when the rave scene first started coming out. House music like this appeals to me more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZSj3FbdFa4

Meh, Prog House is okay, I hate Avicii though, he has generic written all over him, SHM are alright. And also it's understandable to dislike Underworld since they are much different from the usual, they have a much more psychedelic sound to them, with trippy lyrics. When it comes down to anything EDM related I guess I only like stuff from the 90's back when the rave scene first started coming out. House music like this appeals to me more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZSj3FbdFa4

Yea, I actually hate Avicii as well, I just wanted to bring in some examples :P

House have gone a long way from the 90's and I mostly enjoy today's house, but the old stuff is incredible as well. A good thing is that there are artists out there who both do modern Electrohouse and sometimes release a classic House track. Bingo Players tend to do this, as well as Firebeatz and Afrojack.

not to be disruptive here, but i think that this thread is a little bit redundant, and that it should get merged into this one.

If you ask me the idea of a new electronic thread is a better thing to do, since yours keeps on dying out, and plus your thread is for everything electronic, while this one is just House/Trance/Electro kind of stuff.

Just my opinion on this.

not to be disruptive here, but i think that this thread is a little bit redundant, and that it should get merged into this one.

Good point actually. I just wanted to focuse on this one specific part of electronic music, but I guess it's not really needed :V. I would rather have this thread locked than merged, I feel like merging it will have a negative effect on your thread

Some types of house I absolutely love. I haven't been a long time fan of it; a song by Madeon got me into the genre last August. I'm glad now, considering a lot of fan-made Brony songs are in the style of house.

The City is my favourite Madeon track. What's awesome about Madeon is that he's only 18.

Some types of house I absolutely love. I haven't been a long time fan of it; a song by Madeon got me into the genre last August. I'm glad now, considering a lot of fan-made Brony songs are in the style of house.

The City is my favourite Madeon track. What's awesome about Madeon is that he's only 18.

That's actually more electro pop than anything else, but I agree, Madeon is epic. His pop culture mashup is my absolute favorite mashup

Icarus is a pretty awesome song as well

That's actually more electro pop than anything else, but I agree, Madeon is epic. His pop culture mashup is my absolute favorite mashup

Icarus is a pretty awesome song as well

It seems like electro pop because of the vocals, but the tune is definitely more electro house; it's less of an electro house song than some of his other stuff, but I'd still listen to it all day.

I also love his remix of Pendulum - The Island :D

I saw some Daft Punk up in this thread too, so here's my favourite of theirs.

• Brohoof 2

Madeon's alright, I'm not a fan of The City though songs like Icarus, and Shuriken are alright. The only thing that I dislike about him is that his songs sound a bit too similar to each other.

But yeah on a different note, leaving another Underworld track here

Oh yes, I sure love me some House. I especially love the more traditional House from the 90's like Daft Punk, DJ Falcon, Modjo, Alan Braxe, DJ Tonka and other guys. mlp-dsmile.png

This is quite possibly my favorite song so far:

Really? blink.png

There's like, only a handful of Brony House songs, from what I know. Most of it's either Dubstep or EDM. huh.png

(edited)

Oh yes, I sure love me some House. I especially love the more traditional House from the 90's like Daft Punk, DJ Falcon, Modjo, Alan Braxe, DJ Tonka and other guys. img-1379971-1-mlp-dsmile.png

This is quite possibly my favorite song so far:

Really? img-1379971-2-blink.png

There's like, only a handful of Brony House songs, from what I know. Most of it's either Dubstep or EDM. img-1379971-3-huh.png

Mhh, older House is awesome, especially Carl Cox. I haven't gotten into older stuff all too much, but so far, Carl Cox is one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmk6ycEH17E

And I've never heard a Dubstep brony song, but plenty of Brostep and Drumstep songs...

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 1

Off the top of my head here is some of the stuff I listen to the most for me.
And Benny Benassi Satisfaction will always be good too.

(It did not let me use as many video links as I had originally hoped.)

Edited by Hypno

Off the top of my head here is some of the stuff I listen to the most for me.

And Benny Benassi Satisfaction will always be good too.

(It did not let me use as many video links as I had originally hoped.)

I like Mille, though Benny Benassi isn't really my thing :P

I forgot that this thread also includes Hardstyle :derp:. Here's some favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcH-b33Hrfg

All time favorite would be illbe4t - jambao (b-tastic remix)

Such a get up and dance song.

One artist I like is F-777, so here is one of his volumes. 

Edited by Assassin✮Derpy

• 4 years later...