~Silver Essence~

25 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to watch it?

• Yes
    • No

So, the teen titans are back! With new episodes!

You'd think that be great, but I'm not fully happy about this.

teen-titans-go-action.jpg

There are many controversies regarding this revival, many stating it won't be the same and it's just going to be a whole bunch of slapstick jokes and whatnot.

Other problems involving this is that it won't be as action packed as the previous one, and the fact that the creators have NEVER seen the previous installment, it also dosen't help the cause.

In my final words, I'm going to watch it to give it a try, sure it won't be the same, but I do hope it's better than what I'm hoping right now. That, and cause most of the original voice actors such as Tara Strong will be reprising their roles in this one!

So, what do you guys think? Are you going to let it pass? Or are you going to give it a try?

I can't really judge it because I haven't given it a chance yet, but to be honest I really would rather not watch it. The art style is the first thing I notice and it's a huge turn off to me. Young Justice is much better in the whole art department, but they already took that show down and personally Generator Rex was amazing as well, but anyways back to the point. The art style makes it seem very kiddish and aimed more towards young children rather then older kids like the previous Teen Titans. The commercials for it didn't help either... It just doesn't seem like it would have any serious plot like the previous, but that's just my thoughts.

If the humor in the shorts is anything to go by the show will be funny.  I'm sure it will be a decent cartoon, although given the art style my first assumption is that it is going to be completely devoid of all the darker themes that made the original animation so great.

I'll give it a try, I actually love slapstick humor and I think it's one of the best things about cartoons if it's done well.  But if it turns out to be one of those shows designed for 5 year olds I will never watch it again.  I'm plenty open minded, watching my little pony is proof of that, but if the stories and humor are not executed intelligently and they're just doing this for a quick cash in from the old audience any last shreds of respect I had for cartoon network will be gone.

I would have loved a sequel to the original series, but it's too late for that.  Right now, my best bet for a decent story is probably to figure out how to go about reading the actual comics.

• Brohoof 2

This seems like it's going to be based around comedy instead of action, don't get me wrong, the comedy was great in the original, but they did it right and balanced it out depending on what was going around.

I might give this a try, but I don't know...

azoTVmP.gif

Feld0 spelled backwards is illuminati

Of course, even if I might not like it. Teen titans is one of my favorite cartoons, and the fact that the executive producer was one of the old shows original producers, not to mention all the voices returning, makes that plenty enough to see where this might go. 

ForDJRainbowDash_zps2b58bbf2.png

" I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

My Friendship is Magic Fanfiction Pagehttp://www.fimfiction.net/user/The%20DJ%20Rainbow%20Dash

-Signature art designed by the lovely vinyl_scratch 13

I think most people tend to remember the Teen Titans cartoon a little too fondly, and overlook that it was a very hit or miss series as a whole. Put simply, one could describe many elements of Teen Titans as fairly one note, and I do not see that changing with Teen Titans Go! Personally, I find the new choice in animation to be questionable, and I cannot shake the feeling that Teen Titans Go! seems better suited to be a web mini-series as opposed to a full length television series. That being said, the idea of focusing on the non-heroic aspects of being a super hero is very intriguing, and I will at least give the series a try before I dismiss it completely.

Sam Register is listed as the executive producer of Teen Titans Go! His prior works as executive producer include Thundercats (2011), Young Justice, The Looney Tunes Show, Transformers: Animated, Hihi Puffy AmiYumi, and various other DC Comics works. He was the executive producer of a few episodes of Ben 10 and Teen Titans as well.

Edited by ShinySneasel

どこにも本当の私なんていないのだから  The true me is no longer anywhere…

儚い命だわ 美しく愛おしい  What transient life, so beautiful and precious…

永遠に私のものになるしかない  There is nothing for you to do but become mine forever and ever…

ずっと私の傍に もういかさないから  For no longer can you live by my side forever and ever…

Teen Titans is like tied for my favorite TV show. I'm sure I'll be giving it a shot. I'm not sure what everyone is up in arms about... I mean, it might not be the original show, but it doesn't look terrible. :/

DH0Y4.png

"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there."

First of all has anybody watch it? What do you think? I found it hilarious. Pretty Pretty Pegasus thing made me confused. When I saw Raven watching it, I got a good kick out. Then again Raven has the voice actress as Twilight, so I was like "Oh you!" and really the whole thing really had me rolling on the floor laughing. So just give me your thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

image.gif

Signature by @Sparklefan1234

I was a huge fan of the original show (can't believe its been almost a decade since it premiered!), so of course I watched this "revival."  Overall, I liked it; I found myself laughing, or at least chuckling throughout.  It's of course great to see all the original voice crew back, as they all work so well together.

For anyone potentially thinking about watching the show (first two eps will replay on DC Nation on Saturday morning), do not go in expecting the old show--it's not.  This is like the comedy episodes of the original on steroids.  If you expect more deep storylines and dark episodes, you will be disappointed.

That being said, for what it was I enjoyed it.  I do wish they would have kept the animation style of the amazing "New Teen Titans" shorts that had been showing on DC Nation--even though it was Chibi, the animation & shading were still fantastic and were much more true to the original show.  The new flash-style animation sort-of fits the tone of the show, but is nothing great...

(Spoilers to follow)

The first episode of the first two shown was the best.  First off, the "Pretty Pony Pegasus" or whatever the thing was pretty funny, and an obvious jab at Tara Strong who voices Raven who is apparently secretly obsessed with the show.  I was surprised to see this blatant reference in the very first episode of the show--it really caught me off-gaurd.  I think Raven's stealth watching of the show is probably something that a lot of people in this fandom can relate too.  Plus, gotta love the payoff at the end with Robin's "So, who wants to watch Pretty Pony Pegasus." GOLD!

Otherwise, there were some nice comedic action sequences mixed in this episode, and Robin's parts were pretty ridiculous (but good).

The second episode was okay.  It definitely showed that the this series can still get into some more emotional sections and the relationships between the characters, which is cool.  I think the whole Cyborg/BB fight was a little overdone and out of character, but it didn't spoil the episode overall for me.  The whole plot was a little morbid too, and the ending had me saying WTF out loud.

One major thing that seems to be different from this show vs. the shorts on DC Nation is while it is obviously in the same universe as the original, it seems to be taken as a completely different incarnation, and does not have direct continuity with the original.  The DC Nation shorts made a huge amount of hilarious references to the original, through both character returns and blatant situational and dialogue references.  This is probably due to it being created by much of the best crew of the original, including writer David Stack, director Ben Jones, and the same crew for the BGM.  The new show doesn't have the crossover unfortunately, but at least has reoccurring characters.

In conclusion, I will definitely continue watching this show.  I have a feeling it will get mixed reactions from fans, many of whom probably just were expecting/wanting more of the original (see "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY TITANS!!11!!").  While I would like the see the style of the original return, I am more that willing the accept this instead of nothing.  It's not terrible, it has the heart of the original in many ways, and in no way can it "kill" a show that has been off the air for six years now... It's great to see this cast back on the screen at all! wink.png

• Brohoof 4

Being a big fan of the original series i think the new one is just as good even though they do look different.,Did anypony else like that pony refrence they made in the first episode?I think the show was pretty funny and hope it's as good as it's first series. 

• Brohoof 1

I have yet too see it, but from what I have seen from the commercials  I am just hoping the comedy and most of the character design make it into the show. They appear to have dropped all the in depth story lines.

I could be wrong, and I am going to watch it at some point to see.

I watched it. I liked it, in the same way I like the Looney Tunes Show. If I block from my mind that it's a remake, it's pretty good. But when you compare it to the old stuff...it's pretty weak. The new drawing style threw me for a loop for about ten minutes, but after a while  I got used to it, and it's actually pretty good.

So if you want to watch the old show, watch the old show. I'll keep an eye out on Teen Titans Go, but probably for mindless comedy relief, not following the storyline.

• Brohoof 4

Being a big fan of the original series i think the new one is just as good even though they do look different.,Did anypony else like that pony refrence they made in the first episode?I think the show was pretty funny and hope it's as good as it's first series.

Yeah I like the pony reference, though I was confused at first. I wasn't really expecting it to be like the original series from the commercials. I enjoy as muchnas the original, though.

image.gif

I haven't seen it, but from what I've read it looks really silly, and I don't like that. Any cartoon can be silly. It seems like that's what everyone expects from the get-go, but the original Teen Titans had a unique darkness and pathos to it, and I'll really miss that.

• Brohoof 1

Original Fiction: http://mlpforums.com/topic/69008-hawkmoths-fiction/

לְעֵת תָּכִין מַטְבֵּחַ מִצָּר הַמְנַבֵּחַ.
אָז אֶגְמוֹר בְּשִׁיר מִזְמוֹר חֲנֻכַּת הַמִּזְבֵּחַ.

bro just watched a rerun it was fantastic. when i heard pretty pretty pegasus from twili- *oops* raven i was like AWESOOOOOME!

hXc i ain't like you and i don't wantyour love and i don't need your respect!!!! hXc

^

:angry:

- BLOOD FOR BLOOD/OUTLAW ANTHEMS

I haven't seen it, but from what I've read it looks really silly, and I don't like that. Any cartoon can be silly. It seems like that's what everyone expects from the get-go, but the original Teen Titans had a unique darkness and pathos to it, and I'll really miss that.

Just because it don't seem as dark as the original makes you not want to watch it? So what it is different, that don't mean it is awful. You never actually know until you give it a shot. You don't like it than don't watch it.

image.gif

Just because it don't seem as dark as the original makes you not want to watch it? So what it is different, that don't mean it is awful. You never actually know until you give it a shot. You don't like it than don't watch it.

I have no problem with silly things. FiM, Regular Show, and Adventure time are super silly, but I love all of them. Teen Titans was really silly at times as well, but TTG, being a remake, remakes it in a way I find unbecoming of the characters. I liked TT because it mixed humor and drama really well, and making the show purely comedy seems like only half the experience - half the ideas.

• Brohoof 1

Original Fiction: http://mlpforums.com/topic/69008-hawkmoths-fiction/

לְעֵת תָּכִין מַטְבֵּחַ מִצָּר הַמְנַבֵּחַ.
אָז אֶגְמוֹר בְּשִׁיר מִזְמוֹר חֲנֻכַּת הַמִּזְבֵּחַ.

I thought I was gonna hate this series, but I ended up really enjoying it, it was hilarious and kept true to the characters personalities, and overall it was entertaining. 

"Please, call me your little snow bunny" ~Mizore

I watched it and I have to say that while it is quite different in style and tone it is still quite enjoyable.  As for those who think that the show can't get dark in the second episode we had blatant

cannibalism

While I am disappointed we are not getting a pure followup to the original I still think it'll be enjoyable (Tara Strong also expressed similar sentiment btw).

Equestria.tv Administrator and all around fun guy.

Join us every Friday night at 6:00 PM EST for movie night at

Equestria.TV in the CMC_Clubhouse!

Seems to like me that half of people are either absolutely loathing this show, mainly for it not having the depth & serious storylines of the original, while the other half at the very least is enjoying it, while still admitting its nothing like, and probably nowhere as good, as the original.  Pretty much what I expected upon this show's announcement.

Apparently the premier did pretty good in the ratings among key demos.

And for people in the second group, the plots of the next two episodes airing next Tuesday have been released, along with clips.

Looks like we'll see Robin taking drivers' ed, with hilarious consequences.  And here's a big one: the return of Trigon, Raven's father. Apparently he's "dropping by for a visit."

I used to love the original series.

This one is pretty good to, but I like the original art stile a bit more. And I miss the action. But I think I will learn to love this too.

There was action, not like the original series, but there still some action in it. Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Star Fire had to fight sandwich guardians. Which is action, but like I said, not like the original.

image.gif

I watched the first episodes and my feeling are little bit mixed. First of all the appareance of the characters has changed totally and I'm not sure if it is a good or a bad thing. The first part was awesome! I loved the Pretty Pretty Pegasus thingy and it felt like the ultimate TaraStrongception. The second part wasn't that good and to be honest the shapeshifter to different animals (sorry, forgot his name) was pretty annoying.

signature2.png