Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it normal for a Brony to buy the MLP toys?

Windwaker

I am a hardcore Brony. I have shirts, cards, a pinkie pie poster that I am going to hang up, Vinyl figurines, and of course the toys targeted for little girls. AKA brushables.

But is it ok for a Brony to keep buying the little girls toys and THE ROYAL CASTLE WEDDING SET?

• Brohoof 6

I am a hardcore Brony. I have shirts, cards, a pinkie pie poster that I am going to hang up, Vinyl figurines, and of course the toys targeted for little girls. AKA brushables.

But is it ok for a Brony to keep buying the little girls toys and THE ROYAL CASTLE WEDDING SET?

Is it normal for grown men to like a show for normal girls? No, but we do it anyway.

This day and age, nothing is normal. I collect the good action figures (not dollsangry.png ). Yes, it is normal for a brony of harcore nature to collect the toys. Collect them, and play with them.

/)

• Brohoof 15

I dont buy the brushables, but i know that some bronies do. The real question is this: Do you want a brushable or the castle wedding set? if the answer is yes then, by all means, go out and get the thing! i dont know if my post helped at all but thats what i have to say :)

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, most would say no. But then again, who says we have to listen and follow social norms?

I have a Vinyl Funko Rainbow Dash which I keep on our common room coffee table (I'm in a quad style dorm room in college), so pretty much everyone knows that I'm a brony at this point.

Do what you want to be, be who ya want to be wink.png

• Brohoof 1

Is it normal for grown men to like a show for normal girls? No, but we do it anyway.

This day and age, nothing is normal. I collect the good action figures (not dolls:angry: ). Yes, it is normal for a brony of harcore nature to collect the toys. Collect them, and play with them.

/)

(\

But what about THE FRIGGIN' CASTLE!

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-98734-Wedding/dp/B00859GJWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366566363&sr=8-1&keywords=My+little+pony

Isn't that strictly for little girls? Well, IMATOONLINK has the castle set, and he is a Brony.

I dont buy the brushables, but i know that some bronies do. The real question is this: Do you want a brushable or the castle wedding set? if the answer is yes then, by all means, go out and get the thing! i dont know if my post helped at all but thats what i have to say :)

Well, my mom already ordered it on Amazon. So there is no turning back now!

Like they all say, I am a Brony, and I am proud of it! So, I WILL have the castle!

• Brohoof 3

(\

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-98734-Wedding/dp/B00859GJWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366566363&sr=8-1&keywords=My+little+pony

Isn't that strictly for little girls? Well, IMATOONLINK has the castle set, and he is a Brony.

It is completly normal. Castle are awesome, and why shouldn't you get something you like? It's an awesome playset, and get it if you want.

/)

(\

Well, my mom already ordered it on Amazon. So there is no turning back now!

Like they all say, I am a Brony, and I am proud of it! So, I WILL have the castle!

Heck yeas to that bro!!! be proud of who you are! enjoy the castle though!

BTW i think its awesome your parents support you, i dont know how my dad would be hahahah

Brohoof! /)

• Brohoof 1

Oh and by the way, kudos to your parents for being so supportive of something you like. All parents should be this way, but sadly it isn't the case.

Oh and I would definitely add a bunch to that castle if I bought it laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

Why wouldn't it?  Honestly, there are people who collect stranger things.  Granted, those strange things are often (somehow) worth a lot of money, but who says that these won't be worth a lot in the future (well, probably the fact that they're being mass-produced and are very successful, but ignore that for now).

I personally don't have any of the toys (planning on getting some of the vinyl figures in the future, but I don't have them now), but I won't judge anyone who does.

• Brohoof 1

If you want to use your money for that, why not? I personally prefer to use my money to buy movies, tv shows, books and video games...

• Brohoof 1

Oh and by the way, kudos to your parents for being so supportive of something you like. All parents should be this way, but sadly it isn't the case.

Oh and I would definitely add a bunch to that castle if I bought it :lol:

Well like my mom said, "Do whatever makes you happy!" I think that has a double meaning to it, but that might just be me and my strange sick mind.

What is normal in all honesty, just do what you like. If I see something I like I buy it, even if it would be looked down upon. I'm not a heavy collector, but if I see something I like I do collect it. So just do what you like.

Ok, I'm actually a collector, I just don't have big enough collection too say that I am a heavy collector, but it shall grow. It shall become really big when the summer comes. I am also planning on making a Derpy car, aww yeah! So I would say that it would become a part of my collection.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

So you guys are saying it is normal to buy the toys? Ok!

Also, the next time I am going to target, (tonight) I will get the Fluttershy toy where you draw on it! And a Twilight Sparkle brushable!

• Brohoof 1

Does it matter if it's normal? If you want it then by all means get it! Plenty of bronies get mlp merch, whether that's clothes or toys or whatever, it's up to you what you want. I personally don't really care much for that stuff but I don't see anything wrong with getting shirts, bags, figures, castles, etc....

I think that since most of us are outside of the show's intended demographic, normal is really irrelevant at this point. If you wanna get that stuff, then by all means, get it. For me this how has been all about what makes you happy, so it makes perfect sense to me. Personally, if I had money to spend right now, I'd probably get myself some shirts, posters, and such. But there's no room in the budget for that right now. :/ I do want to find some stickers though... >_>

I carefully "restrict" myself to blind bags, vinyl figures, shirts, trading cards, bags, plushies, jewelry, pins, comics, and I want to get a mug.  I really just don't like the brushables.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really sure what the appeal of the mlp toys are. I can understand owning a plushie or two, and maybe some trading cards but beyond that I don't understand. I also think that the brushables are extremely ugly and look like deformed versions of the G3 ponies with G4 skins on. Could anyone explain why some bronies collect tons of this stuff?

I'm not really sure what the appeal of the mlp toys are. I can understand owning a plushie or two, and maybe some trading cards but beyond that I don't understand. I also think that the brushables are extremely ugly and look like deformed versions of the G3 ponies with G4 skins on. Could anyone explain why some bronies collect tons of this stuff?

Well because some of us feel the opposite than you do as far as the MLP toy line goes and don't think they look like ugly deformed versions of G3, I think they look pretty accurate myself but each to his or her own opinion. I collect tons of stuff because I'm completely obsessed to the max with MLP and get a real buzz from buying pony merch. Not because I think it's somehow controversial being a "girls" show and all that stuff, just something about pony toys gets me all excited (not in a weird way)

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 3

This day and age, nothing is normal.

Wouldn't this kinda mean everything is normal, almost like "I'm mainstream, which means i am Mainstream as everyone these days don't want to be mainstream. But this at the same time means that i ain't mainstream but which means that i'm mainstream"

Hehe, kind of confusing isn't it?

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could buy the toys. I've been going nuts over the blind bag ponies. They are show accurate and perfectly sized for today's closet brony on the go. It's not a money issue that keeps me from buying them, no no, that would be too easy. I just don't have the testiculars to go out and get them. I have only gotten 2 blind bags, and it was at 2AM on a Sunday night. Even in an empty Walmart, my heart was still beating out of my chest. But it was worth it to get Twi and Dashie FTW!

• Brohoof 1

If it's not I'm in deep shit, I'll tell you that much. I think I inadvertently MLP'd my damn bedroom and didn't realize till I took a good look around and went "shit".

Not that I regret it....