Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your goals/ambitons?

D1SC0RD

"A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward achieving it."

Doesn't need to be a life goal (though I have mighty respect for those of you who have that... trying to find my own as we speak). You can tell me about a smaller, more relevant one. I am just curious about where you all want to be and whether or not you're putting in the effort to get there... wink.png

• Brohoof 4

I wish to become a mobile app developer, animator or computer game designer, whatever out of those is fine for me ^^;; . I am taking a Mobile App and Games Development course during the next 2 years.

The course consists of :

Computer Systems
Software Design & Development
Computer Animation
Developing Computer Games
Multimedia Design
Digital Graphics
Event Driven Programming
Website Production

Hopefully this will help me with my future xD lol

• Brohoof 2

My goal is to become a famous basketball player and when I accomplish that, I'll go into the business of game developing. I'd choose computers but, I would probably meet a lot of angry customers on the tech support line.

• Brohoof 1

Ultimate goal (for now): to have a job that wouldn't require waking up in the morning, and would be well paid and satisfying. Or to do nothing and get money for it. That would be cool.

• Brohoof 1

-create films/artwork that has an impact on people, art that can change the world for the better

-become a successful, acclaimed eccentric auteur by doing the above ^

-Marry the love of my life and have four kids with her, raise them to be totally awesome and upstanding

-have a farm of some sort where I can grow produce, sell it to people and keep what's leftover for my family

-make people laugh ridiculously hard

-try strange things just because they sound fun

-be a saint to everyone I can

-live in a place where I can feel at home

• Brohoof 2

I want to be a politician. It's the one area of life I can really, really make a change in. I feel like I could do it too, so I've already got a plan set up. Right now I'm focusing on bringing up my grades so I can have a shot at Georgetown ^^ I want to go into the Peace Corps after that if I can.

I'd also love to write a book, and perhaps direct a movie. But those are dreams for AFTER the above.

• Brohoof 1

Oh... just a heads up. I'm not just mindlessly brohoofing all of your posts. I honestly admire your guys' wish to succeed. Very respectable, and I wish you all the best of luck!

• Brohoof 5

As for goals, I (when I finally get around to doing some research) plan on going to college with a desire to get a Masters (or better ;P) in Physics. I want to be able to study this earth and (more importantly) the universe. I want to study the cosmos and find the other unfathomable number of planets with forms of life. As well as finding out if different dimmensions do exist (pretty sci-fi but hey! What if they are true? THEN WHO'S THE CRAZY ONE >:) ). Would be nice to have a grip on how the universe truly works.

• Brohoof 3

My goals in life are: 

-Be more confident in myself 

-Learn the Piano 

-Get qualified in Java Programming 

-Learn Computer Science 

-Get a good Job 

-Get married one day 

-Be a good father one day

That a list of goals I'd like to achieve :).

• Brohoof 2

My goals:

- Astronaut

- President

- Cosmetologist

- Actor

- Teacher

- Counselor

- Youtube Celebrity

- Computer Consultant

- Engineer

- Cosmetologist

- Psychologist

- Astronomer

- Doctor

- Interior Designer

- Comedian

- Journalist

- Critic

- Skeptic

- Scientist

- Chief

- Lawyer

- Dictator

Edited by Commander Urdnot
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

My goals:

- Astronaut

- President

- Cosmetologist

- Actor

- Teacher

- Counselor

- Youtube Celebrity

- Computer Consultant

- Engineer

- Cosmetologist

- Psychologist

- Astronomer

- Doctor

- Interior Designer

- Comedian

- Journalist

- Critic

- Skeptic

- Scientist

- Chief

- Lawyer

- Dictator

Well, you're bound to succeed at at least one of em! img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

As for goals, I (when I finally get around to doing some research) plan on going to college with a desire to get a Masters (or better ;P) in Physics. I want to be able to study this earth and (more importantly) the universe. I want to study the cosmos and find the other unfathomable number of planets with forms of life. As well as finding out if different dimmensions do exist (pretty sci-fi but hey! What if they are true? THEN WHO'S THE CRAZY ONE >smile.png ). Would be nice to have a grip on how the universe truly works.

I would like to pursue this too... Ahh it's all so dazzling and beautiful. Though I think the same about animals and the brain, so I'm leaning towards Neuroscience and Veterinary Medicine... but for at least two years, your dream was mine. I hope you quench that thirst for knowledge!

edit: too many quotes

Edited by D1SC0RD
  • Brohoof 1

My goals:

- Obtain immortality (difficult, but certainly not impossible!)

- Become a respected programmer and to make people happy through my work

- Contribute back to the free software community

- To continue being empathetic and accepting of others

- Perhaps someday be a father. Need to finish college before I work on that one.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Well, you're bound to succeed at at least one of em! img-1396434-1-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I would like to pursue this too... Ahh it's all so dazzling and beautiful. Though I think the same about animals and the brain, so I'm leaning towards Neuroscience and Veterinary Medicine... but for at least two years, your dream was mine. I hope you quench that thirst for knowledge!

edit: too many quotes

You know darn well that, as a physicist, the thirst for knowledge is unquenchable biggrin.png! For with every answer, there is always another question that arises from that answer wink.png  . I will never be satisfied! There is always more than meets the eye~ph34r.png

Edited by Lugia
  • Brohoof 2

Well, let's see... Since November I've been trying to get ahold of this Holy water. Now that somepony helped me find it i couldn't get it shipped to Canada. :(  So then I sent some money to a friend in Detroit and he ordered it and had it delivered to them which was just last week. Now I need to get down there and make some batches of this Holy water. Finally after that I need to get to Bronycon, have everyone hold hands and form a circle, then the last two people dip their fingers into the water and then boom! We expand our third DNA strand capabilities.

Now if I could find some money to achieve this goal, my life will be half complete.

• Brohoof 1

Well, let's see... Since November I've been trying to get ahold of this Holy water. Now that somepony helped me find it i couldn't get it shipped to Canada. sad.png  So then I sent some money to a friend in Detroit and he ordered it and had it delivered to them which was just last week. Now I need to get down there and make some batches of this Holy water. Finally after that I need to get to Bronycon, have everyone hold hands and form a circle, then the last two people dip their fingers into the water and then boom! We expand our third DNA strand capabilities.

Now if I could find some money to achieve this goal, my life will be half complete.

I won't lie, I am not quite sure what's going on. But I throw my brohoofs at you anyway because sounds like you could use a bit of luck. May you find some money on the pavement today.

I won't lie, I am not quite sure what's going on. But I throw my brohoofs at you anyway because sounds like you could use a bit of luck. May you find some money on the pavement today.

I know, it sounds like a crazy insane idea but one of my mentor's said that you wouldn't get picture if you couldn't do it. Well, the water is real, this 3rd dna strand activation is real or at least it has been to me, so that's what's going on is my master plan for us to take over the world but it certainly isn't Celestia not helping me. It's just my idea is to big and radical to be accepted. Yet the idea is so simple and doesn't cost much money to do, and yet, it can change the world in the most profound ways. I've been working on this plan since summer of last year so don't even begin to start telling me I haven't been doing anything. I have a blog for that. So yeah...

My long-term goal life is to have a job doing something I love. In this regard, music seems to be the most worthwhile avenue to pursue, so for now my efforts are focused on recording original music with my band and trying to get our name out there to pique the interest of PR folks who will see something in us and will be willing to promote us. If I can make a decent living by doing little more than touring (even if just around the States) and performing in front of crowds who love my music, I'll be have everything I need to be happy in life. No wealth, no glory, no women...just me and my music. :)

• Brohoof 1

My goals:

• Short term
    • Graduate High school
    • Receive admittance letter from University for an engineering program
    • Make everyone happy
    • Graduate with good grades
    • Obtain a job
    • Buy a car
    • Start a website
    • Steal Acquire 3D printer
    • Learn Electronics
  • Longer Term
    • Obtain __________ Engineering Degree
    • Pursue a career in Power, Energy, and Transportation
    • Find a wife
    • Have kids
    • Buy a house
    • Pick up a hobby in shooting sporting clays
    • Start a company
    • Travel to a foreign country with friends/family
    • Pay taxes
    • Die
  • Ridiculous goals that may never be attained, but are still fun to think about
    • Start a multi-national, mega-conglomerate, multi trillion dollar industrial empire
    • Outsell GM in the Automotive industry
    • Begin a space program
    • Take a vacation on the moon
    • Build THE Space elevator
    • Construct the worlds largest/most efficient mega-factory
    • Put a nuclear fusion reactor in basement of said factory
    • Construct a monorail. I dont know where, I just want to ride the monorail more often. 
    • Achieve Nirvana
    • Take part in the formation of an inter-planetary confederacy
    • Stage a revolution. 
    • Run for president
      • Win

Thats all I got for now. Maybe I will think of more things to do later. Perhaps the list will change. Only time may tell

• Brohoof 2

The one goal for my life is to achieve over 20 years of physics study and make an extreme breakthrough that changes the name of physics forever... Like Einstein or Maxwell... I'm in 10th grade and I'm already studying for AP physics exams before I even take the courses... I've given everything into physics, and it's not going to stop there! I WILL be one of the greatest minds of physics!

I assure you that my friends :P

• Brohoof 3

lets see... in no particular order...

id like to get my art published in a book someday

id like to get paid for drawing someday xD

i wanna reunite and strengthen my family by rebuilding our "compound"  we own 3 houses in a row on the highway, and i wanna get a small farm up and running again.

learn to clog/shag/ballroom dance

get lessons for fiddle playing because ive gone as far as i can on my own :(

build a rat bike xD

steps ive taken to achieve these:  talking to a man who will teach me clogging at the barbeque joint.  fixing up the old cabin and barn so we can move in and get critters. i draw currently and will be opening a commission thread soon on this site :3  also im pleased i got a cupcake logo commission and for a pic of Eddie busting out of a guitar. xD

• Brohoof 3

I plan to enter the medical field, although that's really all I know at this point. I'm leaning a bit closer to the research side of medicine, where I could hopefully contribute to finding treatments (maybe even cures) for several of the diseases that ail us. Alzheimer's would probably be my primary focus; It's done far too much to my family to go unpunished.

Alternatively, I could go to forensics, be a coroner or analyst or something of the like. Help put jerks in jail, y'know?

Obtain immortality (difficult, but certainly not impossible!)

I was actually seeing something on the Discovery Channel about how immortality could be achieved within the modern generation. We're certainly accelerating in that direction. But, I've yet to see mankind prove that it's ready for such a responsibility. If you can convince me otherwise, you've all my props.

• Brohoof 2

I want to be an adrenaline junkie. My ultimate career goal is to become a professional aerobatic pilot. I'm already in basic flight training, now it's just a matter of getting that far. Plus I want to learn to BASE jump and skydive. I'd want to use my flying to give back to the world, too. Like charity flights and such. :)

• Brohoof 2

Well, I wish if i could immigrate to Canada/USA/Australia/New Zealand "Since there is democracy there" and to continue my education there, then get graduated With high marks and work as Graphics designer there!
"My goal seems to be simple"

• Brohoof 1

My most important goal in my life is to learn to love myself. I've struggled with self esteem all my life and I hope to repair that someday.

I was in the same situation, so I know how you feel.  It took a while, but now I really love where I am in my life, though I can still have my moments.  Don't worry, you'll definitely gain more self esteem as you go on.  We've all got a lot to love about ourselves, but sometimes it just takes a while to realize that.

So as for my goals.  I'm working on getting more involved in my city's artistic community.  I'm also continuing to work on my music and also hope to one day get my masters, unless some miracle happens and I make a lot of money before then.  I'd most likely return to school and get my masters eventually though img-1397297-1-wink.png

Edited by Ghost
  • Brohoof 2