Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP is Dead to Me

agigantorllama

I know this may sound like a big huge pointless rant to you guys but I'd like to see somepony else feeling my feels so we can both feel the feels.

Ever since the Season finale I felt so empty and felt there had to be something else other than just Twi turning into an Alicorn. It left me with a cliffhanger, but not something I really wanted to see the end of.

I felt it should have been how the entire series has ended... and it seemed to "end" too soon for me..

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 5

I know this may sound like a big huge pointless rant to you guys but I'd like to see somepony else feeling my feels so we can both feel the feels.

Ever since the Season finale I felt so empty and felt there had to be something else other than just Twi turning into an Alicorn. It left me with a cliffhanger, but not something I really wanted to see the end of.

I felt it should have been how the entire series has ended... and it seemed to "end" too soon for me..

Thoughts?

I'm quite the opposite. I believe the cliffhanger and the new Alicorn Twilight has breathed new air into this great show. Do you know how many new story idea just happened with Alicorn Twilight. I'm going to guess close to 60, and the cliffhanger was an awesome way to end the season. I think this show won't get old for a long time.

/)

• Brohoof 30

I'd say at least watch the next part of that episode(Season 4 premiere will continue that episode.). I actually like the princess transformation, Twilight's earned it, but still has more to learn. 

• Brohoof 3

i8ml3MpiEjSV7.gif

Oh look everyone, it's another person prematurely calling the death of MLP.

I'm really glad you guys aren't doctors. We're not even in a hospital.

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 36

You really just need to wait until the season 4 premiere. I agree that the season 3 finale was a bit rough around the edges AND it could've been better but I'm sure everything will be sorted out as soon as the show starts again.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 2

EEehhhh....no its not Dead....Its not dead until the series is over and every Brony in this community leaves and finds another dream or hobby to follow.

MLP changed a LOT of peoples lives and even changed mine at some point, the least we could do is stick with it until the end and not quit at the CLIMAX OF THE WHOLE SERIES!

*sigh* people like this make me question my friends of the internet.

• Brohoof 2

Thoughts?

I think that, before you decide to leave the fandom, you should probably give Season 4 a chance (it's been said that the season opening will be a direct continuation of Magical Mystery Cure). I despise the Season 3 finale like you wouldn't believe (yes, I'm aware of my old username), and I admit that I'm a bit pessimistic about the future, but I'm definitely going to first see how Season 4 turns out. Even if my faith in the writers has been shaken, I do understand that they did the best that they could, given the situation. At this point, I'm hoping that they'll put a positive spin on Twilicorn, and make it work. 

I think, at this point, it's best to see how Season 4 turns out. 

i8ml3MpiEjSV7.gif

Oh look everyone, it's another person calling the death of MLP.

I'm really glad you guys aren't doctors. We're not even in a hospital.

He's not calling the death of MLP. He's saying that MLP is dead to him.

• Brohoof 2

I really think that you should wait a little bit before calling it's death. The writers have a purpose for this (I believe) and the story can go in so many directions right now D: I think that if it ends, it's just because they are really not that creative (and they have proven to be really creative).

I'm quite the opposite. I believe the cliffhanger and the new Alicorn Twilight has breathed new air into this great show. Do you know how many new story idea just happened with Alicorn Twilight. I'm going to guess close to 60, and the cliffhanger was an awesome way to end the season. I think this show won't get old for a long time.

/)

This brony has a good point. I actually see many possible story lines made by this Alicorn Twilight. Well, mostly adventure, but still interesting.

I must admit that I feel like empty at the moment, but I'm sure that it's because the lack of episodes and the fact that the next season won't be here until winter.

post-10241-0-92682600-1358082258.jpg
  • Brohoof 3

You could always go over the "watching it ironically" camp and take pleasure in mocking it, MST3K-style.

Personally, I'm of the "intrigued" persuasion. Making Twilight into an alicorn effectively ended the show for me. I'm happy to draw a line here and say that it's over. The key story arc has been completed and the tale is told. The End.

So the concept of there being a Season Four seems bizarre and inherently unworkable. And yet, the writers are obligated to make it work anyway. I'm looking forward to see if they can land this trainwreck of a premise with any kind of style.

• Brohoof 2

thread's title doesn't match your point? wuttt?!?!!?

I think the ending was perfect IMO, because I can't wait to see Twilight as a princess, and how her new life will be, as simple as that.

• Brohoof 1

*shrug*

If you move on, you move on.  Plenty have before you, plenty will after you.  There's nothing saying you are forced to like something after you lose interest.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, you know what, let's get something straight now.

Absolutely nothing has come of Twilight Princess. Nothing.

She's only been an alicorn for, like, five minutes in an episode so far. When the show is back on and we can actually determine if this killed the series, and if it actually does kill the series and not just your head canon, only then you can talk about the show being dead. To do so beforehand is ridiculous and unfair to the guys making the show.

Seriously, dude? Just calm down and wait for S4 before we call the show "dead". I mean, in order to call a show dead while it's still on air, it has to be really, truly awful.

SpongeBob_SquarePants_season_9.jpg

Edited by CITRUS KING46

It's ended on a cliffhanger. Just watch the season 4 premiere and see how it is. You never know what the writers have in store. If you end up hating the season 4 premiere and you feel like the show isn't the same, then I guess you can call it quits. But first, just be open-minded and give the new season a chance. Give Twilicorn a chance. It's way too early to call the show dead after three outstanding seasons.

Edited by Sugar Cube

"Spartans Ponies never die." Keep that in mind. Don't give up on it just yet. Friend just posted this on FB: When things are dark, the stars seem so much brighter.

• Brohoof 3

Speaking as a massive pessimist and someone who Alicorn Twilight feels very unnatural to, this seems a bit premature in my opinion. If you feel that the show may as well be over and will never be the same, then that's fine. I'm not going to nitpick your opinion, since I hate it when people do that to me. I'd at least check out Season 4 though. I'm awaiting it eagerly, hoping the writing staff can still maintain the feel of the series that I enjoy so much even after the change. From my perspective, if it's basketball/football/tennis etc, they've far from lost, they're just behind early in the game. I intend to stick around and see if they can come back smile.png

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

You didn't really rant. You said it was dead to you and then asked us our opinion. I will says season 3 was pretty weak and having a whole year off until season 4 really sucks. It was a bad move. I'm sure many people will give up and move on but maybe they'll come crawling back in the winter... Hopefully it will come back with a fever or maybe we're just holding on when the magic may drifting away, who knows.

You're entitled to move on, really, just don't expect people to care of to want to see these threads pop up increasingly as the months go by and people get more and more frustrated by the wait and want to ragequit publically. That's not really for fair to those who are loyal and want to wait it out.

Edited by Freewave

The way i see it we've already had 3 season of the Mane 6 defeating the bad guys. I think Twilight's transformation opens the door for something new. I'd hate to see another lot of Canon episodes in season 4 where the Mane six have to overcome another villain. 

• Brohoof 1

I guess I quoted it wrong or you guys only judge a post by its title.

The whole episode seemed so rushed and fast paced it made me feel so empty at the end when something so big like that is left off. Maybe I just need to wait and see how they do this..

The writers were actually initially planning to have Twilight's change into an alicorn as the end of the entire series, but cos the show's so popular, they're gonna make more seasons, which I'm happy about. yay...

I do agree with you that it does feel like the end of the whole series with that episode, but I'm sure season 4 will be a great one when it airs. ;)

• Brohoof 1

While I hated the idea of alicorn Twilight mostly because I felt it was too soon and felt that its execution so far was botched horribly in the season finale, I still wouldn't go so far as to say that the show is dead to me. Twilicorn though it isn't the best idea to do it now can still work as there is still far more we don't know than what we do know, aside from that though season 3 had a few minor bumps like King Sombra not being used to his full potential for example but was for the most part a good season.  Applejack got her due as a character with two episodes starring her and some great dialogue in other episodes as well and Rainbow Dash had the best character development since season one with two great episodes in Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy which showed both her softer side and her more mature side.

• Brohoof 4

Alicorn Twilight isn't a bad Idea there are so many possibilties and I really thinks there should be more changes for charakter like Fluttershy (no physical changes but maybe a goal?)  so they can make more stories about them (Fluttershy episodes are the exact same all the time)