Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP's a cult now, apparently.

Black Licorice

I love how every single response is completely blase and unconcerned. "Eh, it'll be fine. Don't worry." The guy (assuming he's serious) is completely undercut.

• Brohoof 1

No one is stupid enough to think that MLP is a cult. There isn't a single person, regardless of their level of religious zeal or faith-fueled blindness who could reach that level of idiocy. Bad troll.

No one is stupid enough to think that MLP is a cult. There isn't a single person, regardless of their level of religious zeal or faith-fueled blindness who could reach that level of idiocy. Bad troll.

Prepare thyself! For your mind will implode in 5..4..3..2..1..blink.png

Sadly, "that level of idiocy" has been successfully achieved many times over. I understand it's too perplexing to fathom. A group exist to bring "MLPcult" to the light. Mission statement: In order for all to witness the evil manifested within the "innocent" cartoon, we must explore and expose.

• Brohoof 1

If people want to worship MLP FIM Ponies as Gods let them.

As long as they don't commit genocide, force their beliefs on others, commit Human sacrifice, destroy and repress knowledge to the masses, treat women like second class citizens, protect pedophiles, slow down the advancement of mankind and other sick acts some religions have done.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

*Dances around praising my new horse goddesses.* Man, now I wish I had put that in my thesis instead of Sjuju the celestial space whale. Would have made for a much better story...

This is some pretty obvious trolling though. Still, I'd imagine a parent out there actually exists. Sad, but likely true. 

• Brohoof 1

The guy who posted that "question" to Yahoo calls himself "Jigglypuff Robs Banks." Second, he puts "CATHOLICISM" in capital letters. I smell a troll. Most likely, he was just trying to prove a point. Clever, but still a troll. Don't take it seriously. ;)

And if any unfortunate child has someone like that as a parent, I would like to have enough faith in the human race that such a child would be sensible enough to see those words for how ridiculous they are.

• Brohoof 1

Hate to say it but MOST Catholics are fucking messed up!! Messed up, arrogant, bigoted and ignorant ass-holes! Whilst I acknowledge that there are some decent Catholics out there, the vast majority of the ones I have come across are as I mentioned before... I find Catholicism a cult more than MLP... For starters MLP DOESN'T demand a very large amount of your earnings/wages each week, it doesn't make you kiss a statue of Mary, or confess your "sins" to a priest, and it surely doesn't involve anything like saying "hail Mary" 30 times for atonement. Catholics are mostly close minded people who are very strict, very over-bearing, and more of a cult than anything else.... Whilst there are parts of the fandom like GrimDark, or r34 or w/e, there are those aspects in EVERY fandom... and the only reasons Bronies are often called homosexual or pedophiles is because soceity deems it wrong to be an adult (especially a adult male) and like a show that was aimed at little girls to sell toys... What I find strange, and this point was brought up by Blunty in both of his anti-brony hater (as in he is against the brony haters) videos, is that there are fandoms for other shows like that such as TMNT, Spongebob and Transformers, yet those fandoms DON'T get called all the nasty stuff because it is more widely accepted... WTF??!?? But yeah that's my thoughts on that...

Is this happening? Please don't tell me this is happening. Oh god this is actually happening. Why is this happening?

I'll tell you why.

Because there is not a damn thing going on in the world right now that is more important than ponies, and the personal life of those who love them.

I wouldn't put it past some of the weaker minded to resort to turning something like MLP into a fricken' cult, but it's still one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

As a note, I do apologize about my stance when it comes to Catholics, but that is how I feel/think about that certain religion/faith and most people who are involved with it. I did not intend for people to get hurt by my comments (if I did offend/hurt people by them) but as I said before, that is how I feel/think about such things... and that guy who posted the thing on yahoo, is a total wank... meh, I'm totally out of sorts today and yeah not feeling myself...

Nah, MLP isn't something that should have a cult and/or religion. That would take things a bit too far IMO. There are few shows, though that have actually deserved to be called a cult. One of them been Sailor Moon, which was officially called a religion instead of an anime in an official magazine. ... Well at least in a magazine that's published here in my country. Its fandom is extraordinary and is STILL going strong after... over 20 years.

MLP on the other hand... does have an extraordinary fandom also, but in a different sense. We watch it because we love it, not because we want... to pray or something like that.

... I'm not sure if this made any sense actually.

I respect people's religions, I would not start bashing on religion here (it simply doesn't end well). That being said, it's obvious that this a joke. Although, I have read on some websites and there where many people thinking about turning MLP into a religion. All I'm saying is that there are people ready for it, of course I doubt it would have a huge following. The show has helped a lot of people and people are thankfull for that, but instead of creating a new religion.. Let's rather donate all of our money to Lauren Faust. You know you want too! wink.png

Besides, everyone knows that Derpy is the only true goddess.

derpy_hooves_by_greseres-d4tlzgf.png

Join us, let's make a brighter future!

In case if you don't get a joke, I'm not creating a cult here.. Unless you're interested in creating the most awesome Derpy cult ever created. Free muffins and stuff.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

As a side note, one of my friends has told me that in some part of Germany, their "political" system for arguments etc is that if something gets out of hand, they go and watch MLP, so for example, if there was some sort of argument going on (whether it was something about this person stole something, or racial and/or disability discrimination) the answer to the argument was "HEY! Let's go watch an episode of MLP!" and it actually works... so yeah make of it what you will

• Brohoof 2

Hate to say it but MOST Catholics are fucking messed up!! Messed up, arrogant, bigoted and ignorant ass-holes! Whilst I acknowledge that there are some decent Catholics out there, the vast majority of the ones I have come across are as I mentioned before... I find Catholicism a cult more than MLP... For starters MLP DOESN'T demand a very large amount of your earnings/wages each week, it doesn't make you kiss a statue of Mary, or confess your "sins" to a priest, and it surely doesn't involve anything like saying "hail Mary" 30 times for atonement. Catholics are mostly close minded people who are very strict, very over-bearing, and more of a cult than anything else.... Whilst there are parts of the fandom like GrimDark, or r34 or w/e, there are those aspects in EVERY fandom... and the only reasons Bronies are often called homosexual or pedophiles is because soceity deems it wrong to be an adult (especially a adult male) and like a show that was aimed at little girls to sell toys... What I find strange, and this point was brought up by Blunty in both of his anti-brony hater (as in he is against the brony haters) videos, is that there are fandoms for other shows like that such as TMNT, Spongebob and Transformers, yet those fandoms DON'T get called all the nasty stuff because it is more widely accepted... WTF??!?? But yeah that's my thoughts on that...

I think that you need to throw your bitterness out the window before you post something so terribly rude on a public Internet forum. This is a very offensive post.

Most of the Catholics I know are extremely good people. None of the rules in the church are literally demanded. A priest will never breathe down your neck for not giving enough money or not going to confession once a year. And confession is a beautiful thing. It sucks to say your sins but you are free and blessed after you have confessed them. I come out of confession feeling like a new person every time.

30 Hail Marys for atonement? Try maybe 3. It takes 30 seconds to pray. Sure you have to say 53 Hail Marys total for a rosary, but the rosary is not a required prayer by any means.

I do feel you about how society does not yet "accept" bronies, however... but the Catholic Church is not against anyone being a brony as long as MLP does not take God's place. And again, there is no breathing down anyone's neck about that sort of thing. I am sorry that you have met rude Catholics, but your statistics are off. The majority of Catholics are normal and well. The loud minority is messed up.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know how you could believe this show is salvation when it's only existed since the 80's, *Shrugs* crazy people.

A lot of people believe a lot of stupid things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_new_religious_movements

"New" is still pretty old when it comes to talking about the timelines of religions, but there are plenty on that list created in the 80's.

When I was younger, in the days where Spongebob was the king of cartoons, I followed the magic conch. I hailed and obeyed the magic conch. But no longer. I shall ignore it's demands.

Hail the Princesses! Hail The Ponies!

But in all seriousness, even though this guy is trolling, there are probably a few people out there who do worship he show like gods. There are people out there who do crazier.

lol you guys, anyone who has a username of Jigglypuff Robs Banks and has nothing but really funny posts in nerdy topics is obviously a troll here.

So you're telling me mr. jigglypuff rob banks, that a cult is bunch of die hard fans of a television show?!?!?  >laughs her arse off<

Seriously though, a cult is defined by taking sacred texts of a religion, and 'tweak' it so that the major beliefs (the things that make you a believer) of that said religion are NOT the most important aspects. It is not just a differing belief structure (such as a Christaian denomination), but a different belief base, played off as a different belief structure (looks like Christian, acts like Christian, but does not believe the same as Christians do).  And it's not just Christianity (It's most prevalent to those in the USA to my knowledge), but all major world religions have groups of cults playing off them.  I don't see FIM taking a major belief of any kind and saying "this is what we believe and this the right way for our souls"....nor does FIM base it's show off a sacred text of any kind.  "faith" and "belief" is only half of the religious picture that makes a religion a religion.  I'm only lightly touching all this stuff, but I ' believe' this guy is a troll, or a stupid dork that doesn't know enough to actually 'think'.....

• Brohoof 1

One of my best friends is Catholic. He's a kind, caring, open, loving person but oh he's Catholic. Pfft to the hate. Just because someone's prayers are different from ours doesn't mean the person praying is no good. Also, I'm pretty sure he knows I'm a MLP fan and if he doesn't, he wouldn't bat an eyelash at it.

(edited)

Believe it or not, this guy wasn't trolling, he meant every single word of what was put in here.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121113181259AAj0D41

Somehow, I can't just help laughing at the stupidity of this guy. (Or is it ignorance?)

So, I'm just curious as to how you knew he wasn't trolling.

Either way, I find this shit to be hilarious. If he actually is serious though, he is really ignorant.

The other guy's response was the best part, though.

Edited by Betez