Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Professional Sports in Equestria?

Dreadmallon

Equestrian Sports Teams  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Should there be professional sports in MLP:FiM?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

So, I was curious. Are there professional sports teams in Equestria that represent a city (i.e NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.)? If not, should there be? Please explain why.

Personally, I don't see any problem with it, except for the fact that it'd be difficult to incorporate ponies playing human sports.

• Brohoof 3

NFL

Oh yes, absolutely. I can already envision the EFL (Equestrian Football League) being struck in awe as the Neigh England Patriots win three out of four Pony Bowls, consummating a dynasty never been before seen in Equestria. Drew Bucksoe was a cool stallion and all, but c'mon -- Tom Maney is Mr. Golden Colt!

... And these Patriots go 19-0 after their first three titles. Silly Manehattan Giants. No miracle catch for David Trotee this time.

@@Doctor XFizzle,  

And, sadly, the Detrot Lions/Manticores go 0-16 once in their history.

• Brohoof 2

They might get more into how athletics in Equestria work in future episodes, if they ever expand more on the Equestria Games storyline. The Wonderbolts seem to be the closest thing to a professional team, but there hasn't ever been any indication that they compete against anyone. As for other sports, this guy seems to be an indication that my favorite sport exists in Equestria :)

Ace_id.png

I'd love to see some pony tennis.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

There's a football in "Fall Weather Friends", so we know they have that. It seems to me soccer would be a natural game for ponies as well.

img-1913260-1-Football_kicking_S1E13.png

Don't tell the pigs at Sweet Apple Acres.

There is also a game of polo featured in issue #11 of the comics.  You should check it out.

Right now!

Now!

NOW!

There's also Shining Armour's 'Hoofball' team.

Karate exists in Equestria and I doubt Rainbow Dash is the only one.

Hoofwrestling probably means actual wrestling exists as well.